Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is the first World Cup.... 09:14 - Jun 24 with 5245 viewschalky_ncfc

That I can remember where there has been no reports of widespread hooliganism which is quite surprising considering the amount of scaremongering that the tabloids did leading up to the WC,is it because the fans are too scared of the infamous Russian police and what's happened to the Russian hooligans that ran amok a while back?

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

This is the first World Cup.... on 09:27 - Jun 24 with 5221 viewsD_Alien

That, and possibly their own 'fans' being left in no doubt about what'll happen if they kick off

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

This is the first World Cup.... on 09:30 - Jun 24 with 5215 viewsdale_spotland

Putin has apparently told the Russians if they’re involved in any trouble at all he will throw the book at them in the worst way he can. Taken to the woods never to be seen again rather than prison kind of thing.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

This is the first World Cup.... on 10:07 - Jun 24 with 5160 viewsNigeriamark

This is the first World Cup.... on 09:30 - Jun 24 by dale_spotland

Putin has apparently told the Russians if they’re involved in any trouble at all he will throw the book at them in the worst way he can. Taken to the woods never to be seen again rather than prison kind of thing.

was about to post the same. Putin is a narcassist and needs the world cup to show Russia in a good light I feel sorry for some of our fans who cancelled their trip due to media stories also fed by our government saying they could not guarantee safety of any fans travelling (just for political point scoring). The fans who travel will find 99% of Russians are the same as 99% of people from other countries.
This is the first World Cup.... on 10:22 - Jun 24 with 5145 viewsmingthemerciless

It's been a great World Cup so far. The number of people who've travelled there from really far away places like Peru as been amazing.
This is the first World Cup.... on 10:28 - Jun 24 with 5128 viewsTVOS1907

There hasn't been 'widespread hooliganism' at a World Cup in donkey's years. France 98 was probably the last time such was reported, unless there was some in Germany 06.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

This is the first World Cup.... on 11:09 - Jun 24 with 5074 viewsrochdale_ranger

Media and government doom mongers aren’t really getting their way so far with this World Cup. It’s a shame our media and government and LGBT groups aren’t or won’t be willing to stick the boot in when the World Cup will be in Qatar where people are punished by forty lashes for having a beer and apostates and homosexuals are sentenced to beheadings. People saying Putin will have people causing trouble taken to the woods to be shot should open their eyes or get out of Rochdale for a change and maybe visit the Russian federation. It’s not the Soviet times guys.
This is the first World Cup.... on 12:06 - Jun 24 with 5004 viewsSalwaDale

This is the first World Cup.... on 11:09 - Jun 24 by rochdale_ranger

Media and government doom mongers aren’t really getting their way so far with this World Cup. It’s a shame our media and government and LGBT groups aren’t or won’t be willing to stick the boot in when the World Cup will be in Qatar where people are punished by forty lashes for having a beer and apostates and homosexuals are sentenced to beheadings. People saying Putin will have people causing trouble taken to the woods to be shot should open their eyes or get out of Rochdale for a change and maybe visit the Russian federation. It’s not the Soviet times guys.

You know beer is legal in Qatar, right?

TBBT

This is the first World Cup.... on 12:18 - Jun 24 with 4991 viewsrochdale_ranger

This is the first World Cup.... on 12:06 - Jun 24 by SalwaDale

In certain places and for tourists and the elite. A simple google search of the Islamic laws the majority have to live by would have told you that.
Login to get fewer ads

This is the first World Cup.... on 12:20 - Jun 24 with 4990 viewsrochdale_ranger

This is the first World Cup.... on 12:06 - Jun 24 by SalwaDale

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/qatar/local-laws-and-customs
This is the first World Cup.... on 13:03 - Jun 24 with 4937 viewsjpresto

I was in St Petersburg for 3 days last week and everyone was having a good time with no trouble. The authorities have set up a fanzone which is strongly policed. All the fans are aware of this presence with a mobile slammer parked in the backstreets if anyone transgressed
This is the first World Cup.... on 15:35 - Jun 24 with 4874 viewsSalwaDale

This is the first World Cup.... on 12:18 - Jun 24 by rochdale_ranger

In certain places and for tourists and the elite. A simple google search of the Islamic laws the majority have to live by would have told you that.

Living in a country that is even more of a conservative Islamic country than Qatar might tell me a little more. Your advice on checking the gov.uk website is correct though.

There are many laws out here that I do disagree with (and beer is completely illegal where I live) but I am sure that the Qatar world cup will be an excellent one.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 15:46]

TBBT

This is the first World Cup.... on 08:47 - Jun 25 with 4606 viewsScunnydale

When I was in Russia a few years ago (Volgograd and Siberia), I experienced nothing but very warm hospitality. Yes, they're not as smiley as other nationalities, but the people we met were very welcoming.

Even the angry customer at a petrol station. We hadn't had chance to visit a cash point and didn't realise we wouldn't be able to pay by card. The large guy behind us got very frustrated and angrily paid for us to fill our tank up. Wouldn't even accept any thanks. I can cope with angry people like that.
This is the first World Cup.... on 13:48 - Jun 25 with 4435 viewsVespaDale

It was all hushed up in 2006, I was there for 3 weeks & the Germans / Polish had hundreds arrested, was all over their own news channels but nothing over here. Was a fair few English locked up aswell, some from Littleborough.
This is the first World Cup.... on 16:35 - Jun 25 with 4353 viewschalky_ncfc

There looks like a fair bit of mixed support in the stands in a couple of the games which could be down to crap allocation but it doesn't seem to causing much trouble

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

This is the first World Cup.... on 10:30 - Jun 27 with 4152 viewsrochdale_ranger

This is the first World Cup.... on 15:35 - Jun 24 by SalwaDale

Living in a country that is even more of a conservative Islamic country than Qatar might tell me a little more. Your advice on checking the gov.uk website is correct though.

There are many laws out here that I do disagree with (and beer is completely illegal where I live) but I am sure that the Qatar world cup will be an excellent one.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 15:46]

So living in a totalitarian Islamic state and actually knowing the Qatari laws with regards to alcohol consumption why would you make me out to be a crank for stating a basic truism?

I’m not particularly bothered that the World Cup is being held in Russia or Qatar by the way. I am however one for balance.there was some guy from some LGBT group lisping on about Russia’s homophobic laws and saying he and others were travelling there with rainbow flags to promote visibility etc.

Again I have no problem with that but will the same be applied by the yuman rights lot when we play in Qatar or will it be the old adage of “we are in a Muslim country so let’s respect the laws of the land” it’s a total double standard.
This is the first World Cup.... on 11:42 - Jun 27 with 4094 viewsrochdaleriddler

This is the first World Cup.... on 10:30 - Jun 27 by rochdale_ranger

So living in a totalitarian Islamic state and actually knowing the Qatari laws with regards to alcohol consumption why would you make me out to be a crank for stating a basic truism?

I’m not particularly bothered that the World Cup is being held in Russia or Qatar by the way. I am however one for balance.there was some guy from some LGBT group lisping on about Russia’s homophobic laws and saying he and others were travelling there with rainbow flags to promote visibility etc.

Again I have no problem with that but will the same be applied by the yuman rights lot when we play in Qatar or will it be the old adage of “we are in a Muslim country so let’s respect the laws of the land” it’s a total double standard.

Do all gay people have a speech impediment?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

This is the first World Cup.... on 11:55 - Jun 27 with 4081 viewsrochdale_ranger

This is the first World Cup.... on 11:42 - Jun 27 by rochdaleriddler

Do all gay people have a speech impediment?

I don’t but I know a lot that do :p
This is the first World Cup.... on 12:42 - Jun 27 with 4047 viewsSalwaDale

This is the first World Cup.... on 10:30 - Jun 27 by rochdale_ranger

But your statement:

Qatar where people are punished by forty lashes for having a beer and apostates and homosexuals are sentenced to beheadings.

Is not true.

You can have a beer. Also read the following:

https://www.deathpenaltyworldwide.org/country-search-post.cfm?country=Qatar

I am not defending the laws or the human rights record of the country but I do sometimes take issue with statements that are not true. Yours were not true.

The whole alcohol thing at the Qatar World Cup will need to be handled with intelligence and I look forward to seeing how it is dealt with. Hopefully I'll get to see the World Cup first hand. I probably agree with your sentiments and opinions but would rather the facts were true.

TBBT

This is the first World Cup.... on 13:33 - Jun 27 with 3988 viewsjudd

This is the first World Cup.... on 12:42 - Jun 27 by SalwaDale

But your statement:

Qatar where people are punished by forty lashes for having a beer and apostates and homosexuals are sentenced to beheadings.

Is not true.

You can have a beer. Also read the following:

https://www.deathpenaltyworldwide.org/country-search-post.cfm?country=Qatar

I am not defending the laws or the human rights record of the country but I do sometimes take issue with statements that are not true. Yours were not true.

The whole alcohol thing at the Qatar World Cup will need to be handled with intelligence and I look forward to seeing how it is dealt with. Hopefully I'll get to see the World Cup first hand. I probably agree with your sentiments and opinions but would rather the facts were true.

I was thinking of going over there on the lash, but fook that now

Poll: What is it to be then?

This is the first World Cup.... on 14:29 - Jun 27 with 3942 viewsrochdaleriddler

This is the first World Cup.... on 11:55 - Jun 27 by rochdale_ranger

I don’t but I know a lot that do :p

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024