Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calvin Andrew 17:12 - Jun 25 with 5280 viewsmodelboydave

.............signs contract extension......

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Calvin Andrew on 17:17 - Jun 25 with 4446 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Yay!!

I’m going supporting Accy.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Calvin Andrew on 06:47 - Jun 26 with 4058 viewsaleanddale

Fantastic news.

What a player for the Dale.

Not prolific but a perfect foil now for Dooley / Hendo and Wilbraham
Calvin Andrew on 10:19 - Jun 26 with 3910 viewsParkinsGimp

Calvin Andrew on 06:47 - Jun 26 by aleanddale

Fantastic news.

What a player for the Dale.

Not prolific but a perfect foil now for Dooley / Hendo and Wilbraham

Seriously ...this is a complete joke. I think I might be giving the Dale a miss I cant pay for sh"te like this and a few others. he really is a useless clown and the mongs who think he is a good player need to give their head a shake....Watch him closely , he doesnt win as many headers as you think , and when he does they go primarily to the opposition.
This is shocking news.
Calvin Andrew on 10:31 - Jun 26 with 3885 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin Andrew on 10:19 - Jun 26 by ParkinsGimp

Seriously ...this is a complete joke. I think I might be giving the Dale a miss I cant pay for sh"te like this and a few others. he really is a useless clown and the mongs who think he is a good player need to give their head a shake....Watch him closely , he doesnt win as many headers as you think , and when he does they go primarily to the opposition.
This is shocking news.

You took your time.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Calvin Andrew on 10:50 - Jun 26 with 3851 viewsD_Alien

This is shocking news.

Yes, give the Dale a miss

Stop thinking about it, just do it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Calvin Andrew on 11:09 - Jun 26 with 3809 viewsrochdale_ranger

This is shocking news.

I thought some of my outbursts after some of the defeats we incurred on ourselves last season were bad but you really take the biscuit.
Calvin Andrew on 11:14 - Jun 26 with 3798 viewsBigDaveMyCock

He’s not useless and he’s certainly not a clown. I just think we lose more than we gain with him, especially when he starts. There is a propensity to go long and lack movement when he plays and you need to effectively sign another forward to plug the inevitable goal deficit you get when one of your central forwards averages a goal every 10 games or so. I’m still not convinced that others benefit from the flick ons either, Hendo certainly doesn’t.
Re Alendale’s comments, nobody is expecting him to be prolific (12 to 15 would suffice) and a ‘perfect foil’? We’ve spent the last 3 seasons seemingly permanently looking for someone to play off him.

Usual caveats apply, he works hard, he’s a warrior and he’s a great guy.

Calvin Andrew on 11:32 - Jun 26 with 3756 viewsaleanddale

Calvin Andrew on 11:14 - Jun 26 by BigDaveMyCock

He’s not useless and he’s certainly not a clown. I just think we lose more than we gain with him, especially when he starts. There is a propensity to go long and lack movement when he plays and you need to effectively sign another forward to plug the inevitable goal deficit you get when one of your central forwards averages a goal every 10 games or so. I’m still not convinced that others benefit from the flick ons either, Hendo certainly doesn’t.
Re Alendale’s comments, nobody is expecting him to be prolific (12 to 15 would suffice) and a ‘perfect foil’? We’ve spent the last 3 seasons seemingly permanently looking for someone to play off him.

Usual caveats apply, he works hard, he’s a warrior and he’s a great guy.

your last sentence is what I see week in week out.

Top bloke who loves pulling on that Dale shirt.

( puts tin hat on ) - I also think Calvin is MUCH improved and is on an upward curve.

if he clicks this year with the Irish Whippet and Wilbraham he could end up the cog that keeps Dale purring.

Delighted with the news.
Login to get fewer ads

Calvin Andrew on 11:33 - Jun 26 with 3755 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Don't forget his defensive qualities........he's a rock at defending set pieces.
Calvin Andrew on 11:34 - Jun 26 with 3751 viewsJimmyRustler

Calvin Andrew on 11:32 - Jun 26 by aleanddale

your last sentence is what I see week in week out.

Top bloke who loves pulling on that Dale shirt.

( puts tin hat on ) - I also think Calvin is MUCH improved and is on an upward curve.

if he clicks this year with the Irish Whippet and Wilbraham he could end up the cog that keeps Dale purring.

Delighted with the news.

Surely it'll either be Wilbraham or Andrew and not both? The only time I want them on the pitch at the same time is after the final whistle
Calvin Andrew on 11:57 - Jun 26 with 3703 viewsaleanddale

Calvin Andrew on 11:34 - Jun 26 by JimmyRustler

Surely it'll either be Wilbraham or Andrew and not both? The only time I want them on the pitch at the same time is after the final whistle

A lot depends on further signings but yes I agree they could be to similar.

Its all down to Hilly, when AW slots in at left full back who knows!
Calvin Andrew on 12:21 - Jun 26 with 3658 viewssoulboy

This is shocking news.

Some "supporters" like you wanted Hilly out half way through last season. Now youre giving him some stick for giving CA an extension to his contract.
Unbelievable.
Calvin Andrew on 17:47 - Jun 26 with 3456 viewsSaxonDale

Assume it will be except when closing out certain games. I think one of the biggest problems we've had over the last few years is a shortage of ready made replacements in the squad. Will always back Hilly to come up with a system which makes us successful however it often relies on one or two key players- for example Bunney's deliveries in 2016/17 season or Done's pressing/pace in 2015/16(?) season. The issue is when a player gets injured we have to almost rip up our game-plan and think of a new one from scratch.

For all it's criticisms the long diagonal to Andrew was one which clearly was tried a lot and worked at times last season- and arguably given better runners off the ball could have been even more effective. Hopefully Wilbraham's signing will mean we can stick through with that plan if successful for the duration of the season, unless both get injured of course.
Calvin Andrew on 18:27 - Jun 26 with 3369 viewsjonesy

As I have said before Calvin could be a good central defender especially from corners?
Calvin Andrew on 19:11 - Jun 26 with 3310 viewssince58

Calvin Andrew on 18:27 - Jun 26 by jonesy

As I have said before Calvin could be a good central defender especially from corners?

Ala Ronnie Moore.
Calvin Andrew on 19:17 - Jun 26 with 3297 views442Dale

Calvin Andrew on 18:27 - Jun 26 by jonesy

Why especially from corners? He comes back for them anyway.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Calvin Andrew on 19:23 - Jun 26 with 3288 viewsTappers

klopps men for me
Calvin Andrew on 19:25 - Jun 26 with 3285 viewsTappers

Calvin my favourite player
Calvin Andrew on 21:58 - Jun 26 with 3130 viewsjonesy

Calvin Andrew on 19:17 - Jun 26 by 442Dale

Why especially from corners? He comes back for them anyway.

Especially. We will wait and see.
Calvin Andrew on 22:06 - Jun 26 with 3107 views442Dale

Calvin Andrew on 21:58 - Jun 26 by jonesy

Especially. We will wait and see.

I meant it doesn’t matter what his position is, he always defends at corners anyway.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Calvin Andrew on 22:31 - Jun 26 with 3044 viewsdingdangblue

This is shocking news.

Like the one he won when he set up Thompson to keep us in League 1. By all means spout your pathetic opinions - but at least get your facts right.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Calvin Andrew on 08:26 - Jun 27 with 2860 viewsDaleFan7

Calvin Andrew on 22:31 - Jun 26 by dingdangblue

Like the one he won when he set up Thompson to keep us in League 1. By all means spout your pathetic opinions - but at least get your facts right.

Why do you always pick out one singular event to justify someones entire season's performance. Perhaps if he had scored more than 3 goals all season we wouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

P.S. Before you jump on me for being a Calvin or Dale hater, I wasn't bothered either way whether he was offered an extension or not.
Calvin Andrew on 08:27 - Jun 27 with 2858 viewsBigDaveMyCock

If Calvin starts you have to have a Davies or a Wilbraham type, an experienced goal scorer who is content through age or fitness to come on from the bench. Most goalscorers are not happy to do that, they are usually very much in demand. You have to have another forward otherwise you risk not having enough goals in the team. You can’t rely on 5-6 (including cups) goals a season from one of your central strikers. Despite him wearing a tin hat or defending corners.

Calvin Andrew on 10:23 - Jun 27 with 2775 viewsdingdangblue

Calvin Andrew on 08:26 - Jun 27 by DaleFan7

Why do you always pick out one singular event to justify someones entire season's performance. Perhaps if he had scored more than 3 goals all season we wouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

P.S. Before you jump on me for being a Calvin or Dale hater, I wasn't bothered either way whether he was offered an extension or not.

It's one massive moment. There were other moments (his headed winner at Doncaster) - Calvin had a good season and is a wonderful role model and a great person to have at Dale - did you see him after the Charlton game shaking nearly everyone's hand in the stadium and he spent so much time doing selfies with lots of kids. So much more than a player on the pitch. Haters gotta hate though and Parkinsgimp is the worst we've got. Slags off nearly every signing before they've even played for us - although it doesn't really matter because when they play he carries it on regardless.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Calvin Andrew on 13:39 - Jun 27 with 2618 viewsVespaDale

Calvin Andrew on 10:23 - Jun 27 by dingdangblue

It's one massive moment. There were other moments (his headed winner at Doncaster) - Calvin had a good season and is a wonderful role model and a great person to have at Dale - did you see him after the Charlton game shaking nearly everyone's hand in the stadium and he spent so much time doing selfies with lots of kids. So much more than a player on the pitch. Haters gotta hate though and Parkinsgimp is the worst we've got. Slags off nearly every signing before they've even played for us - although it doesn't really matter because when they play he carries it on regardless.

Millwall away, they said they'd love a player like him. Was immense until he got the head injury in that game & that led to the Davies equaliser, Thompson playing on the hallowed turf...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024