Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Belgium 17:54 - Jun 28 with 8981 viewsShun

Match thread: Belgium on 17:58 - Jun 28 with 6583 viewsShun

Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Hazard, KDB and Lukaku all miss out for Belgium.

Just a reminder about tonight’s permutations:

Win: top the group
Lose: finish 2nd
Draw and get the same number of cards or fewer than Belgium: top the group
Draw and get two more cards than Belgium: finish 2nd
Draw and get one more card than Belgium: draw lots (yes, seriously)

Top the group: play Japan on Monday
Finish 2nd: play Columbia on Tuesday
Match thread: Belgium on 18:00 - Jun 28 with 6556 viewsaleanddale

No pressure tonight.

looking forward to a feast of fast pace attacking football. A display that sends a real message to the competition.

Bit like England 4-1 Holland at Euro 96.
Match thread: Belgium on 19:49 - Jun 28 with 6488 viewsMoonyDale

Not the best half of football at this tournament, Belgium shaded it for me , well organised at the back and the better chances up front, Arnold must improve his delivery second half.....The 2 bookings could be crucial, I can see a red card coming if we can run at them with pace.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match thread: Belgium on 19:56 - Jun 28 with 6468 viewsShun

Belgium are piling up the cards, which should mean any draw from now should see us top the group.

I’m really underwhelmed by Dier, he’s not a great destroyer and his passing isn’t good either - a poor man’s Jack Rodwell. Loftus-Cheek’s got a great future ahead of him though. Alexander-Arnold plays like a schoolboy but he’s exciting and similarly should have a great future if he develops as his potential dictates that he should.
Match thread: Belgium on 19:56 - Jun 28 with 6467 viewsBigDaveMyCock

How slow does Eric Dier look?

Posted this before seeing Shun’s post. I agree, he also slows everything down far too much.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 19:59]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match thread: Belgium on 20:00 - Jun 28 with 6449 viewsmightydale

Match thread: Belgium on 19:49 - Jun 28 by MoonyDale

Not the best half of football at this tournament, Belgium shaded it for me , well organised at the back and the better chances up front, Arnold must improve his delivery second half.....The 2 bookings could be crucial, I can see a red card coming if we can run at them with pace.....

how can Neville moan about England performance fcuking prick
yea not playing well , but God it better than performance him and Hodgson manage produce.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 20:01]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match thread: Belgium on 20:00 - Jun 28 with 6443 viewsseasidedale

Doing ok, need to tighten the midfield big gaps appearing at times. Some of the England corners are as bad as our last season
Match thread: Belgium on 20:35 - Jun 28 with 6382 viewsdingdangblue

Did anyone hear Hoddle say a better way of deciding things instead of yellow/red cards would be margin of victory? Saying we won 6-1 and Belgium only won 5-2 ???
Yes but we only won the other game 2-1 and Belgium won 3-0 ???
Where's Eileen when you need her?
Looking forward to Belgium v Brazil quarter final 👍🏻

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Belgium on 20:50 - Jun 28 with 6337 viewspioneer

Match thread: Belgium on 20:35 - Jun 28 by dingdangblue

Did anyone hear Hoddle say a better way of deciding things instead of yellow/red cards would be margin of victory? Saying we won 6-1 and Belgium only won 5-2 ???
Yes but we only won the other game 2-1 and Belgium won 3-0 ???
Where's Eileen when you need her?
Looking forward to Belgium v Brazil quarter final 👍🏻

How many times in worldcups have we failed to play strategically and resulted in meeting brazil, germany etc in the early knock out games.

Doing precisely whats needed to give ourselves the best chance of going far
Match thread: Belgium on 21:04 - Jun 28 with 6295 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Belgium on 20:00 - Jun 28 by mightydale

how can Neville moan about England performance fcuking prick
yea not playing well , but God it better than performance him and Hodgson manage produce.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 20:01]

Probably because he's been paid to give his opinion as a pundit.

What did he say that was inaccurate?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Belgium on 21:05 - Jun 28 with 6295 viewsShun

Not unhappy at all about that result. As Neville just said, we now face Colombia, beat them and we face Switzerland/Sweden for the chance of a World Cup semi-final. That just made me shiver. Opportunities like that don’t come round often.

Obviously a loss is still a loss but with regards to momentum, I don’t believe tonight will have that much of an effect as this was essentially a different team than our ‘real’ team, so realistically Kane, Lingard, Trippier et al. should still be flying high right now.

Also, Colombia might be missing James Rodriguez. Bring on next week!
Match thread: Belgium on 21:09 - Jun 28 with 6286 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Belgium on 21:05 - Jun 28 by Shun

Not unhappy at all about that result. As Neville just said, we now face Colombia, beat them and we face Switzerland/Sweden for the chance of a World Cup semi-final. That just made me shiver. Opportunities like that don’t come round often.

Obviously a loss is still a loss but with regards to momentum, I don’t believe tonight will have that much of an effect as this was essentially a different team than our ‘real’ team, so realistically Kane, Lingard, Trippier et al. should still be flying high right now.

Also, Colombia might be missing James Rodriguez. Bring on next week!

Not only that, Shun, but if England had won the group and played Japan on Monday and then won that, the quarter-final would have clashed with Dale's first friendly at Stalybridge.

Excellent work all round.

Match thread: Belgium on 21:13 - Jun 28 with 6267 viewsMorden

Best thing about that was Welbeck showed conclusively he shouldn't be played

Don't think any of them challenged the 1st 11
Match thread: Belgium on 21:13 - Jun 28 with 6265 viewsNigeriamark

A classic re-run will be the Belgium guy picking the ball up after they scored, booting it in celebration against the post and back into his face

Hilarious
Match thread: Belgium on 21:15 - Jun 28 with 6256 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Belgium on 21:13 - Jun 28 by Morden

Best thing about that was Welbeck showed conclusively he shouldn't be played

Don't think any of them challenged the 1st 11

certainly not Jones or Dier. Pickford was a bit ropey but he is going to start
Match thread: Belgium on 21:20 - Jun 28 with 6244 viewsmightydale

Match thread: Belgium on 21:04 - Jun 28 by TVOS1907

Probably because he's been paid to give his opinion as a pundit.

What did he say that was inaccurate?

nothing , but to criticise a rookie keeper when he let Joe Hart act like a smack head on spice says it all.
not forget he let Harry Kane takes corners.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 21:23]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match thread: Belgium on 21:26 - Jun 28 with 6207 viewsShun

Match thread: Belgium on 21:09 - Jun 28 by TVOS1907

Not only that, Shun, but if England had won the group and played Japan on Monday and then won that, the quarter-final would have clashed with Dale's first friendly at Stalybridge.

Excellent work all round.

Hadn’t thought that, lucky escape there!
Match thread: Belgium on 21:29 - Jun 28 with 6192 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Belgium on 21:13 - Jun 28 by Nigeriamark

A classic re-run will be the Belgium guy picking the ball up after they scored, booting it in celebration against the post and back into his face

Hilarious

Yeah,only bit of entertainment tonight,thicko Batshuayi clocks himself in the mush.
Match thread: Belgium on 21:31 - Jun 28 with 6190 viewsfrenzied

Not convinced by Pickford tonight..not clearing the ball away from danger,a couple of precarious scrambles and i never likethe keeper taking fre kicks from wide positions.
Im not convinced our back line have complete faith in him either.

More long ball play tonight to accomodate Vardy and Rashford never really came off.
Thought Alexander Arnold did ok but dont see any of the new players tonight dosplacing any of the previous team.
Match thread: Belgium on 21:31 - Jun 28 with 6190 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I didn’t think Jones was that bad. The big difference between this side and the ‘starting’ side is the tempo and that had a lot to with Dier who had absolutely no urgency whatsoever. Did you notice in the second half when Delph, who was no great shakes, on a couple of occasions ran back into Dier’s position to pick up the ball and run with it. In other words, will you fooking hurry up.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match thread: Belgium on 21:50 - Jun 28 with 6143 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Belgium on 21:20 - Jun 28 by mightydale

nothing , but to criticise a rookie keeper when he let Joe Hart act like a smack head on spice says it all.
not forget he let Harry Kane takes corners.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 21:23]

What has all that got to do with him being a pundit on ITV?

And I think Hodgson was the manager at the time.

Match thread: Belgium on 23:58 - Jun 28 with 6000 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Harry Maquire did well 2nd half for Stones.......I like Maquire,he sort of "gets on with it"
Match thread: Belgium on 08:36 - Jun 29 with 5816 viewsDaley_Lama

As we've been ace in the tournament up until last night, the only suggestions of changes were as follows in the press

1. Rashford for Stirling.

I was in the "keep Stirling" camp in before last night and am even more so. He might not be able to score, but he is very creative

2. Rose for Young

I was in the "put Rose in" as I think he would offer more going forward. As we head into playing better teams however and having seen Rose be sold a cracking dummy for their goal, I've done an about turn and I'm back with Young now.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Belgium on 08:57 - Jun 29 with 5777 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Belgium on 08:36 - Jun 29 by Daley_Lama

As we've been ace in the tournament up until last night, the only suggestions of changes were as follows in the press

I was in the "keep Stirling" camp in before last night and am even more so. He might not be able to score, but he is very creative

2. Rose for Young

I was in the "put Rose in" as I think he would offer more going forward. As we head into playing better teams however and having seen Rose be sold a cracking dummy for their goal, I've done an about turn and I'm back with Young now.

And Young takes set pieces too. I like the fact Danny Rose went on the outside of his man a few times last night - and he's probably quicker than Young but Young is the safer option and is a much better passer. I'd say the only other dilemma is Loftus Cheek depending on Alli's fitness - Alli still has a lot to prove to be a guaranteed starter for me and his injury may be a concern.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Belgium on 09:03 - Jun 29 with 5768 viewsdavidab2202

Match thread: Belgium on 08:36 - Jun 29 by Daley_Lama

2. Rose for Young

Agreed the player who gained most out of last night was certainly Sterling,much as he needs to improve his contribution when playing for England he is in no danger of being replaced on last nights showing by Rashford.
Still would start Rose in preference to Young if only because Young has to always check back on to his right foot before crossing a ball.
Another to have his position in the team further nailed on last night was Henderson,who for all the pre tournament speculation as to whether it would be him or Dier in the team,looks streets better than Dier at the moment
Typical English view as to an "easier " route to the latter stages of the tournament being already nailed on.We have ONLY to beat" ONLY" Columbia first---watch us fall on our collective arse to ruin all this "done deal" speculation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024