Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More incoming? 12:46 - Jul 4 with 7460 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

More incoming? on 13:01 - Jul 4 with 5379 viewsDaleiLama

Inman coming home (as others suggested)!

One year deal

Inman is the sixth new recruit to join the club this summer, in addition to the five out of contract players who have signed new deals to keep them at the Crown Oil Arena. Good to have a full squad going out for the summer team bonding/training too!

[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 13:05]

More incoming? on 13:05 - Jul 4 with 5332 viewsBrierls

More incoming? on 13:01 - Jul 4 by DaleiLama

Inman coming home (as others suggested)!

One year deal

Inman is the sixth new recruit to join the club this summer, in addition to the five out of contract players who have signed new deals to keep them at the Crown Oil Arena. Good to have a full squad going out for the summer team bonding/training too!

[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 13:05]

One year deal.

Bit of a no-brainer for Inman and Dale I think. I suspect he'd usually be out of our wage range but has signed a one year deal knowing he'll be in a great position for a more lucrative contract (at Dale or elsewhere) if he has a good season.

Lets see him have a good start and contract extension in January please!
More incoming? on 13:05 - Jul 4 with 5329 viewsShun

Great stuff.
More incoming? on 13:06 - Jul 4 with 5311 viewsSaxonDale

Great news, if he can start this season how he ended the last then we've got a player on our hands.
More incoming? on 13:21 - Jul 4 with 5202 viewsrochdaleriddler

Good news

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

More incoming? on 13:35 - Jul 4 with 5111 viewsisitme

More incoming? on 13:21 - Jul 4 by rochdaleriddler

Good news

A good deal for both parties. Inman is a talented player and showed towards the end of last season what he is capable of. With a bit more consistency he would probably have commanded a higher wage elsewhere. This way he gets a chance to prove it and then earn a better/longer deal in the future, a bit like Stephen Dawson did a few seasons ago.

Too many players wait and wait and sign early in the season and then they are playing catch up as they have lacked a full preseason. In some ways it is better for a player to sign for a club before preseason starts, take a lower wage and prove themselves.
More incoming? on 22:35 - Jul 4 with 4481 viewsnordenblue

I hope at his ripe old age(26) it doesn't mean any more of our youngsters are resigned to the bench now..
More incoming? on 23:22 - Jul 4 with 4391 viewsdownunder

" Good to have a full squad going out for the summer team bonding/training too!"

I hope we address the fitness and stamina issue which was an issue last year, as well. It is a fine line, but many commented that we have had fitter teams before.
Up the Dale!
Login to get fewer ads

More incoming? on 07:04 - Jul 5 with 4235 viewsDaleiLama

More incoming? on 23:22 - Jul 4 by downunder

" Good to have a full squad going out for the summer team bonding/training too!"

I hope we address the fitness and stamina issue which was an issue last year, as well. It is a fine line, but many commented that we have had fitter teams before.
Up the Dale!

Don't know if you caught this downunder, but we have a new chap in charge of sports science now. As the outgoing one moved on to a Championship side I guess he was well thought of.

More incoming? on 09:20 - Jul 5 with 4119 viewsrochdaleriddler

More incoming? on 22:35 - Jul 4 by nordenblue

I hope at his ripe old age(26) it doesn't mean any more of our youngsters are resigned to the bench now..

The England team is crying out for 38 year olds atm, don’t you think?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

More incoming? on 10:23 - Jul 5 with 4018 viewsnordenblue

More incoming? on 09:20 - Jul 5 by rochdaleriddler

The England team is crying out for 38 year olds atm, don’t you think?

The same England side thats not won a tap since the 60s that's some example to work towards then.
Wouldn't have been the worst idea to steady the ship when our heads dropped off going into extra time.

I must admit all these 30+ players Ronaldo,Modric,Messi,Iniesta,Mandzukic,Marcelo,Ramos,Pique etc are all useless anyway what have they ever won.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 10:28]
More incoming? on 11:34 - Jul 5 with 3838 viewselectricblue

More incoming? on 10:23 - Jul 5 by nordenblue

The same England side thats not won a tap since the 60s that's some example to work towards then.
Wouldn't have been the worst idea to steady the ship when our heads dropped off going into extra time.

I must admit all these 30+ players Ronaldo,Modric,Messi,Iniesta,Mandzukic,Marcelo,Ramos,Pique etc are all useless anyway what have they ever won.

And all those 30yr olds plus have all gone home to make way for the new younger generation.......
They had their time now move on...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

More incoming? on 14:55 - Jul 5 with 3534 viewsnordenblue

More incoming? on 11:34 - Jul 5 by electricblue

And all those 30yr olds plus have all gone home to make way for the new younger generation.......
They had their time now move on...

Are you sure,I must of missed Croatia and Brazil getting knocked out at this world cup?
More incoming? on 17:02 - Jul 5 with 3304 viewsColDale

More incoming? on 23:22 - Jul 4 by downunder

Up the Dale!

I dont think fitness was the issue. It was the inability to play out games in the opposition half, and putting ourselves under pressure. Some of that was inexperience (hence the older heads brought in) and some of it was a lack of confidence to see the job through.
More incoming? on 17:18 - Jul 5 with 3259 viewsaleanddale

Dale 5th favourites to be relegated

Accy favourites and blackpool 2nd favourites!! Blackpool down there surprised me.
More incoming? on 17:29 - Jul 5 with 3223 viewsrochdaleriddler

More incoming? on 10:23 - Jul 5 by nordenblue

Wait till they are 38, see what they win then. Ronaldo has been world class for over 10 years, even he has adapted his game as he cannot rely on his pace. If we had the old guard playing the England team would be on the plane home as usual

More incoming? on 18:52 - Jul 5 with 3041 viewsDaleiLama

More incoming? on 17:29 - Jul 5 by rochdaleriddler

Wait till they are 38, see what they win then. Ronaldo has been world class for over 10 years, even he has adapted his game as he cannot rely on his pace. If we had the old guard playing the England team would be on the plane home as usual

One of those 38 yr olds stepped up as England manager 8 years later. Just saying.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 18:52]

More incoming? on 19:44 - Jul 5 with 2919 viewsrochdaleriddler

More incoming? on 18:52 - Jul 5 by DaleiLama

One of those 38 yr olds stepped up as England manager 8 years later. Just saying.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 18:52]

I’m not getting the relevance of that

More incoming? on 20:37 - Jul 5 with 2811 viewsDaleiLama

More incoming? on 19:44 - Jul 5 by rochdaleriddler

I’m not getting the relevance of that

It's not directly germane to the "progress-stoppers" debate, but he played for England til age 34 and had 57 appearances, which have contributed to his CV and England winning their first shoot-out/getting to the QFs. Gaining experience isn't always a bad thing was my point.

More incoming? on 20:56 - Jul 5 with 2768 viewsrochdaleriddler

More incoming? on 17:18 - Jul 5 by aleanddale

Dale 5th favourites to be relegated

Accy favourites and blackpool 2nd favourites!! Blackpool down there surprised me.

Not on skybet, only 11th favourite. They have Dale at 33/1 for winning the league, paying on 4 places each way

More incoming? on 21:02 - Jul 5 with 2755 viewsrochdaleriddler

More incoming? on 20:37 - Jul 5 by DaleiLama

It's not directly germane to the "progress-stoppers" debate, but he played for England til age 34 and had 57 appearances, which have contributed to his CV and England winning their first shoot-out/getting to the QFs. Gaining experience isn't always a bad thing was my point.

Nothing against experience, but he has used his experience to sort out a system that believes in bringing the right players through , who play to a plan and are team players first and foremost. I just think 38 is very old to be playing league football as a forward. If he is playing well, I will be delighted

More incoming? on 21:18 - Jul 5 with 2716 viewsnordenblue

More incoming? on 21:02 - Jul 5 by rochdaleriddler

Nothing against experience, but he has used his experience to sort out a system that believes in bringing the right players through , who play to a plan and are team players first and foremost. I just think 38 is very old to be playing league football as a forward. If he is playing well, I will be delighted

The same striker playing in the league above last season is now too old to drop down a level less than 6 months later, seems pretty logical to me.
More incoming? on 21:27 - Jul 5 with 2695 viewsrochdaleriddler

More incoming? on 21:18 - Jul 5 by nordenblue

The same striker playing in the league above last season is now too old to drop down a level less than 6 months later, seems pretty logical to me.

Played a total of 378 minutes championship football, 3 starts. Sounds like he was an ever present, 8 mins a game over the season

More incoming? on 22:01 - Jul 5 with 2635 viewsnordenblue

More incoming? on 21:27 - Jul 5 by rochdaleriddler

Played a total of 378 minutes championship football, 3 starts. Sounds like he was an ever present, 8 mins a game over the season

Who says he's going to start every game with us?
To disregard him simply on his age before he's even kicked a ball speaks volumes about your football knowledge,the games moved on and they're a lot fitter than years gone by and believe it or not that even prolongs many a career,speak to people like Hendo and he's probably the fittest he's ever been as a pro and guess what,that's happened while he's a veteran.
I guess we may need to contact Hilly and tell him he's now doing it all wrong,yes the very same man who's renowned for bringing youth through and making the club millions.
More incoming? on 22:10 - Jul 5 with 2617 viewsTVOS1907

More incoming? on 21:27 - Jul 5 by rochdaleriddler

Can we at least see these people play for Rochdale first?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024