Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Croatia 13:20 - Jul 11 with 7826 viewsShun

What are everyone’s thoughts ahead of tonight? Certainly it will prove the toughest test we’ve faced all tournament but I think we’re well capable of beating them.

They have my player of the tournament, Modric, joined by his excellent midfield partner Rakitic, but other than that we shouldn’t fear them too much. Mandzukic is playing in a different position than he does at Juve and he isn’t impressing. They started the tournament excellently but the past two matches they haven’t looked special, needing extra-time and penalties in both. Towards the end of the match on Saturday they were exhausted.

As an aside, Radio 1 just interviewed John Pemberton as he coached Maguire and Walker at Sheffield United - weren’t we rumoured to be near to appointing him as manager before we decided on Eyre instead?
England v Croatia on 13:33 - Jul 11 with 4895 viewsdingdangblue

I'm just disappointed we didn't go all out to beat Belgium and top the group and gain some momentum!
But seriously...
England will NEVER have a better chance of being in a World Cup Final - don't get me wrong Croatia will be our toughest opponent yet but let's face it - you expect to be playing a Brazil,Italy,Germany,Argentina usually at this stage - just hope all the players make this moment count as it truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

#itscominghome

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

England v Croatia on 14:25 - Jul 11 with 4816 viewsD_Alien

England v Croatia on 13:33 - Jul 11 by dingdangblue

I'm just disappointed we didn't go all out to beat Belgium and top the group and gain some momentum!
But seriously...
England will NEVER have a better chance of being in a World Cup Final - don't get me wrong Croatia will be our toughest opponent yet but let's face it - you expect to be playing a Brazil,Italy,Germany,Argentina usually at this stage - just hope all the players make this moment count as it truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

#itscominghome

But seriously, you should be disappointed we had to go to penalties - thrilling as that was - against Columbia in R16, when that side of the draw was so much easier...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

England v Croatia on 14:48 - Jul 11 with 4764 viewsNigeriamark

we have a striker who can put the ball away and they don't. We are also scoring from other positions too ( and have in Sterling a player who must be due one soon if he plays). I hope we don't play too cagey a game because based on firepower they should be more afraid of us. However a defensive game where the focus is 1 bit of brilliance moves it more to there favour as the 2 midfielders you point out are capable of that

As said - we really could not ask for a better chance of a WC final place which was unthinkable 2 weeks ago.
England v Croatia on 15:02 - Jul 11 with 4745 viewsdingdangblue

England v Croatia on 14:25 - Jul 11 by D_Alien

But seriously, you should be disappointed we had to go to penalties - thrilling as that was - against Columbia in R16, when that side of the draw was so much easier...

Beating Colombia on penalties might be the most important thing that has happened for England in the last 22 years (since our only penalties win v Spain at Euro 96) - for such a young group of players not to have the burden of losing a shoot out is such a massive boost. We've got this far without Kane,Sterling and Alli really having great games - obviously Kane has the goals but he's not looked the unplayable player he is for Spurs at times - if they click tonight then Croatia will be in for a tough game - fingers crossed.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

England v Croatia on 15:31 - Jul 11 with 4678 viewsD_Alien

England v Croatia on 15:02 - Jul 11 by dingdangblue

Beating Colombia on penalties might be the most important thing that has happened for England in the last 22 years (since our only penalties win v Spain at Euro 96) - for such a young group of players not to have the burden of losing a shoot out is such a massive boost. We've got this far without Kane,Sterling and Alli really having great games - obviously Kane has the goals but he's not looked the unplayable player he is for Spurs at times - if they click tonight then Croatia will be in for a tough game - fingers crossed.

It was a huge boost to morale to win the shootout, and whilst Southgate ensured we were as well-prepared as possible for it, it's still something of a lottery which makes points about easier sides of a draw irrelevant

The exciting thing for me is how much more there could be to come from this squad, and you rightly point out that key players have yet to fire on all cylinders. It's not exactly now or never, since i can see real progression in future tournaments, but tonight would be a great time for everyone to take their game to another level

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

England v Croatia on 15:47 - Jul 11 with 4641 viewsJimmyRustler

Croatia will come out much more than Sweden and it will definitely suit our playing style. I expect a high scoring game and an England win.

I
T
'
S

C
O
M
I
N
G

H
O
M
E
England v Croatia on 16:26 - Jul 11 with 4571 viewsfrenzied

I think they are there for the taking..their last 2 games have both gone to 120 mins and penalties..thought Modric was average last Sat ,team looked leggy to me id imagine we will start with the same 11 again
England v Croatia on 18:55 - Jul 11 with 4446 viewselectricblue

Tough game and playing two games that went to pens will be hard on Croatia.
England have to wear them down with pace until the effects of those two games kick in for croatia..
Tight game England just for me in 90mins..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

England v Croatia on 19:38 - Jul 11 with 4412 viewsMoonyDale

England v Croatia on 18:55 - Jul 11 by electricblue

Tough game and playing two games that went to pens will be hard on Croatia.
England have to wear them down with pace until the effects of those two games kick in for croatia..
Tight game England just for me in 90mins..

These missed opportunities are gonna come back and bite us on the arse......A touch of composure is needed.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 19:48]

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

England v Croatia on 19:59 - Jul 11 with 4352 viewsDaleiLama

England v Croatia on 19:38 - Jul 11 by MoonyDale

These missed opportunities are gonna come back and bite us on the arse......A touch of composure is needed.

And a bit of …………

[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 19:59]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

England v Croatia on 20:30 - Jul 11 with 4299 viewsDaleiLama

Think anyone would notice if we kidnapped Dalic and put Raymond Blanc in?

Backs to the wall time for the last 1/4 of an hour.

England v Croatia on 21:23 - Jul 11 with 4213 viewsShun

Why is Kane in midfield?

Rubbish defending for that goal.
England v Croatia on 21:49 - Jul 11 with 4155 views442Dale

England v Croatia on 21:23 - Jul 11 by Shun

Why is Kane in midfield?

Rubbish defending for that goal.

As good a tournament as Stones had, that mistake is always in him. Performed beyond expectations, but our really big players are needed at this stage and they fell short and that’s football. Kane is a great striker however he needs to find a way to start impacting games more in open play, defenders have to start being scared of where he is and what he’ll do next.

Worth noting that at no stage was there anywhere near the level of tension tonight when compared to that nine minutes wait at the end of last season. Or was that just me?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

England v Croatia on 22:02 - Jul 11 with 4101 viewsShun

Just gutted. We had the chances in the first half to wrap the game up but didn’t do, and in the end it was a fair result. I agree with 442, Kane just does not impact games when he isn’t scoring. And I don’t know how Loftus-Cheek didn’t make it on in place of an exhausted Ali in extra time.

It’s difficult to be too critical, we’ve had a brilliant tournament beyond anyone’s expectations. Still gutted though.
England v Croatia on 22:10 - Jul 11 with 4070 viewsD_Dale

England v Croatia on 21:49 - Jul 11 by 442Dale

As good a tournament as Stones had, that mistake is always in him. Performed beyond expectations, but our really big players are needed at this stage and they fell short and that’s football. Kane is a great striker however he needs to find a way to start impacting games more in open play, defenders have to start being scared of where he is and what he’ll do next.

Worth noting that at no stage was there anywhere near the level of tension tonight when compared to that nine minutes wait at the end of last season. Or was that just me?

I'd have been more disappointed than I am now if Dale had been relegated in the last match of the season. A variation of the 'club before country' attitude.
England v Croatia on 22:17 - Jul 11 with 4031 viewsBFC1885

England v Croatia on 19:38 - Jul 11 by MoonyDale

Moonydale.
Is he Nostradamus?
Or is he Captain Obvious?
England v Croatia on 22:24 - Jul 11 with 4000 viewsBFC1885

England v Croatia on 21:49 - Jul 11 by 442Dale

Club #1 Country #2 everytime.
England v Croatia on 22:49 - Jul 11 with 3930 viewsSandyman

This. As peed off as anybody tonight, but, for once , I have to agree with a bucket.
UP THE DALE
COME ON ENGLAND
England v Croatia on 23:00 - Jul 11 with 3890 viewsDiddyDave

Pity,but we eventually got found out by a better side on the night.
England v Croatia on 23:03 - Jul 11 with 3883 viewsdingdangblue

England v Croatia on 22:02 - Jul 11 by Shun

Just gutted. We had the chances in the first half to wrap the game up but didn’t do, and in the end it was a fair result. I agree with 442, Kane just does not impact games when he isn’t scoring. And I don’t know how Loftus-Cheek didn’t make it on in place of an exhausted Ali in extra time.

It’s difficult to be too critical, we’ve had a brilliant tournament beyond anyone’s expectations. Still gutted though.

Kane finishes those 2 chances in the 1st half and it's game over. I know the lino flagged but it was wrong and would have been overruled. Small margins on a big stage. I too would have brought on Loftus Cheek - especially with Kane and Rashford already on - Vardy coming on was pointless - and he's had a groin injury? Loftus Cheek had done well in his appearances? Still proud of them and they went further than anyone imagined.

England v Croatia on 23:11 - Jul 11 with 3856 viewsTVOS1907

England v Croatia on 23:03 - Jul 11 by dingdangblue

Kane finishes those 2 chances in the 1st half and it's game over. I know the lino flagged but it was wrong and would have been overruled. Small margins on a big stage. I too would have brought on Loftus Cheek - especially with Kane and Rashford already on - Vardy coming on was pointless - and he's had a groin injury? Loftus Cheek had done well in his appearances? Still proud of them and they went further than anyone imagined.

The linesman flagged for the ball going out of play when it spun up off the post and over the bar, before spinning back into play, which was right.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

England v Croatia on 23:20 - Jul 11 with 3824 viewsFrog

Piss poor second half, Kane was anonymous as was our midfield. They thought it was Sweden again and wouldn't be pose a threat. Good old England, we never fail to disappoint.
England v Croatia on 00:44 - Jul 12 with 3721 viewsdingdangblue

England v Croatia on 23:11 - Jul 11 by TVOS1907

The linesman flagged for the ball going out of play when it spun up off the post and over the bar, before spinning back into play, which was right.

It hit the keeper and spun out so it should have been a corner then? He still got it wrong.

England v Croatia on 01:51 - Jul 12 with 3679 viewsDiddyDave

Once Sterling was subbed,England lost the only player actually causing Croatia any problems. Dele,Lingard and Rashford,for the time that he was on,were very poor in my view. Never mind,I couldn`t see that team having a hope of beating Les Froggies,so looking back,I think we could all say England did better than most of us imagined.
England v Croatia on 07:28 - Jul 12 with 3551 viewsDaleiLama

England v Croatia on 00:44 - Jul 12 by dingdangblue

It hit the keeper and spun out so it should have been a corner then? He still got it wrong.

Corner for me too.

It was composure that got us there and losing it that knocked us out, but no regrets here. The young lions did us proud. All sorts of "if only" and "so near but yet so far" etc …….. in the end the game was a lot like watching many Dale games from last year. Upper hand early, went ahead, spurned chances, stopped pressing as much, oppo got back into it and scored to draw level. Then ET phone (for plane) home.

Agree with BFC - club first every day. All in all it could have been worse. We stayed up and England went out in ET in the semis. That's what the history books will say.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024