Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adshead linked with Man U 23:22 - Jul 21 with 14765 views442Dale

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/daniel-adshead-brink-1mill

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Adshead linked with Man U on 08:21 - Jul 22 with 9883 viewsJames1980

How likely is this?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Adshead linked with Man U on 08:45 - Jul 22 with 9818 viewsisitme

Adshead linked with Man U on 08:21 - Jul 22 by James1980

How likely is this?

He is still 16 so the article has that wrong. Does he sign for United and get lost in the youth set up to reappear in the lower leagues in his early twenties, or does he stay at Dale and get a few seasons of experience of men's football behind him and then earn his big move?
Adshead linked with Man U on 09:14 - Jul 22 with 9708 viewsrafc1977

IF this is true I expect whether he stays or goes will come down to two things, himself & his family. It's hard when a Manchester Utd comes calling and other clubs as they literally throw money about.

He's not broken into our 11 yet, (consistently) and I don't believe he'll be a regular by the end of this season but I do think he'll get more game time than last year & benefit from the likes of Perkins.

His talent & our structure has got him to where he is now at a very young age and whilst I'm sure things are demanded of him at Dale, there won't be unnecessary expectations placed on him.

I guess to conclude it'll be about the £££'s. Move to Utd he's a fair way to being set for life as if he's released he'll still play league football. Stay at Dale and carry on as he has & get experience of senior football he'll move in 2-3 years anyway and for a lot more than 1mill!
Adshead linked with Man U on 10:00 - Jul 22 with 9555 viewsboromat

I can't see hime going, be a waste if he did. Think he's got a real chance of playing first team football as Dale this season.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 10:00]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Adshead linked with Man U on 10:05 - Jul 22 with 9519 viewsDaley_Lama

£1M + 30% sell on, loaned back to the edukachun system for 18/19 and 19/20 followed by 3 year loan at RAFC.

Then play him in a couple of Europa matches and sell him for £25m

Poll: DF in or out

Adshead linked with Man U on 11:45 - Jul 22 with 9251 viewsRAFC_1990

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Adshead linked with Man U on 13:53 - Jul 22 with 8957 viewsDaleiLama

Adshead linked with Man U on 11:45 - Jul 22 by RAFC_1990

Nice compilation of what he has to offer. Feels like an iceberg watching him - we've seen the bit above the water but the best is yet to come. Hope he gets good advice regarding his future career path and that this and seeing more of him at Spotland aren't mutually exclusive. Sure we'd all like to see more of what he is capable of before he moves up the leagues. Either way good luck to him and we should be due some further additions to the coffers somewhere along the line.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Adshead linked with Man U on 13:53 - Jul 22 with 8944 viewsShun

Adshead linked with Man U on 11:45 - Jul 22 by RAFC_1990

That video does show how great he is technically, and how good his passing range is. He’s got a very bright future, wherever he ends up.
Login to get fewer ads

Adshead linked with Man U on 06:16 - Jul 23 with 8274 viewsDiddyDave

If a big offer comes in,snatch their hands off. He might break a leg or end up like Townson,Dale and Adshead will end up with nowt.
Adshead linked with Man U on 07:10 - Jul 23 with 8231 viewsColDale

Might simply be because its Man U, but I've not known one initial story in the media involve so many follow up stories before.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11445706/who-is-the-youngster-danie
Adshead linked with Man U on 07:50 - Jul 23 with 8158 viewsEllDale

This might be over the top but some of those runs under pressure remind me of a young Paul Gascoigne.
Adshead linked with Man U on 08:06 - Jul 23 with 8132 viewsfitzochris

Adshead linked with Man U on 07:10 - Jul 23 by ColDale

Might simply be because its Man U, but I've not known one initial story in the media involve so many follow up stories before.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11445706/who-is-the-youngster-danie

Ever since Hill first eulogiesd about Adshead, I think we all knew he wouldn’t be with us for the long term.

One thing stood out in that article. A lot of clubs don’t report on closed-doors friendlies via their websites. Seems an odd addendum. It’s like they’re suggesting we’re trying to hide him from the world, despite the fact we reported on him playing in all the open friendlies.

“However, a match, which has not even been reported on Rochdale's website, was played behind closed doors against a United XI last week.”
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 9:17]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Adshead linked with Man U on 08:20 - Jul 23 with 8108 viewsBigKindo

Perhaps he should have a word with Ollie Rathbone who had a lot of experience in the Man U youth set-up.
Adshead linked with Man U on 09:30 - Jul 23 with 7947 viewsYouTubeDale

Further evidence adding weight to the story is Hendo’s interview last week when he heaped praise on Adshead saying he had n’t seen a footballer so good at his age and what a bright future he was facing. Hendo was beaming.

Adshead’s fortune will undoubtedly mean Rochdale’s fortune.

With our recent successes and having a great squad this coming season, perhaps some more Dawson money, bury and Oldham in the League below, owning our own ground...we have never had it so good!!!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Adshead linked with Man U on 10:38 - Jul 23 with 7804 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Can't really see Mourinho being overly bothered about the next generation of talent at OT....he will be long gone.

But do agree that this story seems to have legs....sounds like a new local diamond has been unearthed (like Rashford) right under their noses.

Would prefer to keep the lad and get a windfall from Mr Dawson's transfer,please.
Adshead linked with Man U on 11:10 - Jul 23 with 7716 viewsseasidedale

I might be wrong but because he is a scholar, united could take him and pay only "training fees". I think it is set at something like £50k then more on every 100 apperance
Adshead linked with Man U on 11:42 - Jul 23 with 7617 views100notout

Adshead linked with Man U on 11:10 - Jul 23 by seasidedale

I might be wrong but because he is a scholar, united could take him and pay only "training fees". I think it is set at something like £50k then more on every 100 apperance

well he's 17 on 2nd September at which point he could (if he chooses) sign his first professional contract.

The best scenario (for everyone including himself) is for the lad to sign a contract, break into the first team, play well and the offers will come flooding in.

As YD says, Mourinho isn't interested in youth.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Adshead linked with Man U on 12:22 - Jul 23 with 7487 viewsEllDale

I think that we're all reconciled to him going. The only question is when.
The moral of the story perhaps might be not to play such games against Man Utd.
Or, being cynical, was the game arranged to showcase the lad?
Adshead linked with Man U on 12:32 - Jul 23 with 7441 viewsAtThePeake

Adshead linked with Man U on 11:42 - Jul 23 by 100notout

well he's 17 on 2nd September at which point he could (if he chooses) sign his first professional contract.

The best scenario (for everyone including himself) is for the lad to sign a contract, break into the first team, play well and the offers will come flooding in.

As YD says, Mourinho isn't interested in youth.

I would expect Mourinho will be long gone by the time he's 20, 21 and at an age where he would hoped to be included in the first team squad.

As others have pointed out, football can be a cruel game. Sure, if he breaks into the first team and plays well then Manchester United and others MIGHT come calling again, (although as I've said on here before, I think PL clubs are much more likely to sign players who have only made a handful of starting appearances as they want to swoop in before they establish themselves so they can mould these players and so they can secure their transfer before a bidding war begins) but it's always a risk to turn down one of the biggest clubs in the world, particularly if it's to stay at a League One club where, if he doesn't play well, the next step down is probably non-league, whereas if it doesn't work out at Manchester United, worst case scenario is he ends up with another chance at this level.

I don't think you can realistically say that if at 16 years old you were a supremely talented footballer and Manchester United came calling that you'd be happy to turn it down in order to be in and around the first team squad at Rochdale.

Tangled up in blue.

Adshead linked with Man U on 13:03 - Jul 23 with 7312 viewsdingdangblue

Adshead linked with Man U on 12:22 - Jul 23 by EllDale

I think that we're all reconciled to him going. The only question is when.
The moral of the story perhaps might be not to play such games against Man Utd.
Or, being cynical, was the game arranged to showcase the lad?

You are not being cynical - the game last week would 100% have been arranged for Man Utd to have a look at Adshead.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Adshead linked with Man U on 13:06 - Jul 23 with 7294 viewsYadHoDale

Adshead linked with Man U on 13:03 - Jul 23 by dingdangblue

You are not being cynical - the game last week would 100% have been arranged for Man Utd to have a look at Adshead.

Don't know if he played, so might be rubbish, but giving Alexis Sanchez a game while his visa was being sorted might also be a factor??
Adshead linked with Man U on 13:20 - Jul 23 with 7229 viewsjudd

Adshead linked with Man U on 13:06 - Jul 23 by YadHoDale

Don't know if he played, so might be rubbish, but giving Alexis Sanchez a game while his visa was being sorted might also be a factor??

Sanchez played in the US yesterday so don't know when he actually travelled.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Adshead linked with Man U on 13:33 - Jul 23 with 7170 viewsdingdangblue

Adshead linked with Man U on 13:06 - Jul 23 by YadHoDale

I'm sure if Sanchez had played it would have been leaked by now - and especially with the Adshead story breaking all over the media - going off this I would say Sanchez wasn't involved...

'A United source said: “Adshead was man of the match and head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch.

“United had a depleted side because many of their regulars are on tour in America with Jose Mourinho and the first team squad but United's staff were hugely impressed with everything the lad did.”'

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Adshead linked with Man U on 13:43 - Jul 23 with 7122 viewsSuddenLad

Adshead linked with Man U on 13:20 - Jul 23 by judd

Sanchez played in the US yesterday so don't know when he actually travelled.

Sanchez travelled to USA on Saturday following visa difficulties being sorted.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Adshead linked with Man U on 14:38 - Jul 23 with 6993 viewsNR_Dale

It's all ifs and buts at the moment, but IF (big if) this deal comes off then I think the club should invest the money in a permanent training facility not a clue of the cost of one, maybe we need the Dawson deal to come off too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024