Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Late goals 21:16 - Jul 24 with 12195 viewsDaleiLama

Might we actually benefit from late goals which change the course of games this year? Late winner from Raff on Saturday and Inman just bagged an 85th minute equaliser (2-2) tonight. It would be a good monkey to get off our backs.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Late goals on 21:20 - Jul 24 with 8264 viewsDaleiLama

What a comeback from 0-2 down!

It's only a friendly but ……………...

Late goals on 21:24 - Jul 24 with 8219 viewsSheffdale

Calvin, Inman and Ollie all finding the net in the friendlies can only be good. Hendo and Alby must be due some - don't mind if they wait for the league programme. Only friendlies as you say but gives some hope. Be interesting to read reports from those who went.
Late goals on 21:26 - Jul 24 with 8203 viewsSuddenLad

Late goals on 21:20 - Jul 24 by DaleiLama

What a comeback from 0-2 down!

It's only a friendly but ……………...

Really encouraging is that, comng back from a 2 goal deficit against a strong Championship side. As you say, only a friendly, but...............

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Late goals on 21:29 - Jul 24 with 8150 viewsfitzochris

Encouraging result.

Finnerty came on too, but still no sign of Dooley.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Late goals on 21:32 - Jul 24 with 8095 viewsisitme

Late goals on 21:29 - Jul 24 by fitzochris

Encouraging result.

Finnerty came on too, but still no sign of Dooley.

Supposedly Dooley is injured.
Late goals on 21:33 - Jul 24 with 8084 viewsfitzochris

Late goals on 21:32 - Jul 24 by isitme

Supposedly Dooley is injured.

Supposedly?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 21:33]

Late goals on 21:36 - Jul 24 with 8020 viewsisitme

Late goals on 21:33 - Jul 24 by fitzochris

Supposedly?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 21:33]

At the game I asked someone who probably knows more than the average supporter and he said Dooley was injured.
Late goals on 21:38 - Jul 24 with 7991 viewsfitzochris

Late goals on 21:36 - Jul 24 by isitme

At the game I asked someone who probably knows more than the average supporter and he said Dooley was injured.

Cheers.

So again it’s left to rumour and supposition to garner info.

Login to get fewer ads

Late goals on 21:42 - Jul 24 with 7907 viewsrochdaleriddler

Late goals on 21:38 - Jul 24 by fitzochris

Cheers.

So again it’s left to rumour and supposition to garner info.

A weekly update of the managers views on all things dale, including injury updates would be great. Many other clubs do this

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Late goals on 21:44 - Jul 24 with 7882 viewsfitzochris

Late goals on 21:42 - Jul 24 by rochdaleriddler

A weekly update of the managers views on all things dale, including injury updates would be great. Many other clubs do this

Don’t get me wrong, I fully appreciate that sometimes revealing the unavailability of a player can offer a tactical advantage to the opposition - but this is pre-season.

Fans will be naturally curious about Dooley, as he is a new signing.

Late goals on 21:45 - Jul 24 with 7866 views442Dale

We played really well tonight. Got in lots of good positions only for the final cross to let us down, but even so Boro couldn’t have complained if we’d scored five. Cannon excelled at RWB and Adshead was excellent in midfield. Not sure why we played Henderson so deep with all the other options we have in midfield, as you’d want him in the box when we create situations like we did tonight.

For me it’s all about the formation, yes we will get caught out at times wide but the way everyone utilises the gaps on the pitch by the way we push forward is very encouraging - it’s really noticeable how the wide central defenders will go forward when required too. Also, we have the option of two big men late on and it’s definitely an issue for defenders.

Apart from the fact the fixture board still said Hull, a most productive evening.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Late goals on 21:45 - Jul 24 with 7860 viewsbrady

Great performance all round tonight. Hilly is you g to have some selection headaches next year. Adshead did himself no harm with a solid performance with a host of scouts watching.
Late goals on 22:05 - Jul 24 with 7578 viewsShun

Encouraging result!

And I agree with OP Dalei, hopefully this might provide an element of psychological boost after all the late goals we’ve conceded over the past two seasons, often undeservedly. A few years ago we scored tonnes of late goals, I think it was the centenary season, and there was a feeling that if we weren’t winning going into the last few minutes of games then we shouldn’t worry. I’d love to get that back again.
Late goals on 22:11 - Jul 24 with 7526 viewsDaley_Lama

Nthle will never score for Rochdale. Such is fate.

I won’t forget his overhead effort this evening for a long time however, has goal of the season ever been won in a pre-season game?

Poll: DF in or out

Late goals on 22:16 - Jul 24 with 7460 viewsbrady

It would have capped a brilliant performance
Late goals on 22:17 - Jul 24 with 7449 viewsdaz

Late goals on 21:42 - Jul 24 by rochdaleriddler

Heard tonight that Delaney has a knock and Dooley a short term injury. With no pre season as such though he'll be playing catch up with the rest of the squad.
Late goals on 22:22 - Jul 24 with 7397 viewsYadHoDale

Late goals on 22:11 - Jul 24 by Daley_Lama

Nthle will never score for Rochdale. Such is fate.

I won’t forget his overhead effort this evening for a long time however, has goal of the season ever been won in a pre-season game?

Kosi was excellent tonight, I thought. Gives competition in two or three positions.

And the Calvin/Jim/Wilbs "love train" at the late corner was comically epic in confusing the Boro defence (and possibly themselves). :)
Late goals on 22:27 - Jul 24 with 7302 viewsShun

Late goals on 21:45 - Jul 24 by brady

Great performance all round tonight. Hilly is you g to have some selection headaches next year. Adshead did himself no harm with a solid performance with a host of scouts watching.

Did you catch where any of the scouts were from?
Late goals on 22:29 - Jul 24 with 7281 viewsDaleiLama

Late goals on 22:22 - Jul 24 by YadHoDale

Kosi was excellent tonight, I thought. Gives competition in two or three positions.

And the Calvin/Jim/Wilbs "love train" at the late corner was comically epic in confusing the Boro defence (and possibly themselves). :)

I wonder if we've practiced defending the love train. Cue the Benny Hill music

Late goals on 22:39 - Jul 24 with 7144 viewsR17ALE

Great game tonight. Really entertaining.

My thoughts are Perkins is a massive acquisition. He's like a Shaun Reid x 10. Nasty, ugly, combative, but can play the game.

At times we are sluggish in our movement of the ball, but when we put pace on our passes and move quickly we look like we've got goals in us. And defensively we look more collective, but poor Jim, as much as we love him, does give me collywobbles at times!

EDIT: Joe looks like a new man. Quicker, stronger and more eager.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 22:40]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Late goals on 23:00 - Jul 24 with 7027 viewsbrady

Pullis was watching and some guys with Liverpool logos a few other familiar faces not sure where they were From
Late goals on 23:08 - Jul 24 with 6965 viewsTVOS1907

Late goals on 23:00 - Jul 24 by brady

Pullis was watching and some guys with Liverpool logos a few other familiar faces not sure where they were From

Pulis is Middlesbrough’s manager!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Late goals on 23:25 - Jul 24 with 6878 viewsboromat

Late goals on 22:39 - Jul 24 by R17ALE

Great game tonight. Really entertaining.

My thoughts are Perkins is a massive acquisition. He's like a Shaun Reid x 10. Nasty, ugly, combative, but can play the game.

At times we are sluggish in our movement of the ball, but when we put pace on our passes and move quickly we look like we've got goals in us. And defensively we look more collective, but poor Jim, as much as we love him, does give me collywobbles at times!

EDIT: Joe looks like a new man. Quicker, stronger and more eager.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 22:40]

Agree about Joe he's looked very sharp both times I've seen him so far in preseason.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Late goals on 23:35 - Jul 24 with 6824 viewsJimmyRustler

Late goals on 23:00 - Jul 24 by brady

He wasn't watching a few seconds after Ollie's winner :))))))))
Late goals on 23:55 - Jul 24 with 6751 viewsrochedale

Late goals on 23:25 - Jul 24 by boromat

Agree about Joe he's looked very sharp both times I've seen him so far in preseason.

Let’s not get too carried away just yet. If my memory serves me correct, as it often doesn’t, I’m pretty sure we had a decent pre-season last year which upped all our expectations, and we all know how that transpired...!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024