Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From the Posh messageboard 07:21 - Aug 7 with 3174 viewsaleanddale

13-10 Rochdale, 12-5 Poshies, 12-5 Draw.

I never realised what a tough August we have.

Away at Rochdale, who're expected by many to do much better this season and who started with an away win, followed by...

Luton (H), Charlton (A), Plymouth (A).

I guess it'll be the same team as against Brizzle unless any new bodies arrive before the weekend, in which case it'll be Target man + Godden up front.

Be a proper physical encounter this one. When was the last time we had one of those?

If Uncle Steve's team is designed for one thing, it's to do much better against the likes of Rochdale, Gillingham, Blackpool etc.
From the Posh messageboard on 08:13 - Aug 7 with 3086 viewsrochdaleriddler

When have we been a physical team in recent years, wait while they play Burton!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

From the Posh messageboard on 09:09 - Aug 7 with 2992 viewsDaley_Lama

Funnily enough, if you asked me to equate Posh to other FL teams then Gills would be at the top of the list.

I consider us more on a par with Darlington.

Poll: DF in or out

From the Posh messageboard on 09:10 - Aug 7 with 2989 viewsColDale

From the Posh messageboard on 08:13 - Aug 7 by rochdaleriddler

I think we've had 3 players sent off at their place in the last 2 seasons so probably based on that, even though thats not a true reflection
From the Posh messageboard on 09:10 - Aug 7 with 2985 viewsonedalefan

From the Posh messageboard on 08:13 - Aug 7 by rochdaleriddler

Must have been from all the times they managed to fall over in the Ferguson era!
From the Posh messageboard on 13:42 - Aug 7 with 2627 viewsaleanddale

Think we will surprise a few this season.

Long may every team think we are hoofball cloggers.

Is it really only Tuesday!!!! ROLL ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!

From the Posh messageboard on 14:08 - Aug 7 with 2556 viewsYorkshire_Dale

From the Posh messageboard on 13:42 - Aug 7 by aleanddale

Think we will surprise a few this season.

Long may every team think we are hoofball cloggers.

Is it really only Tuesday!!!! ROLL ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Nowt to fear against Posh on Saturday.........should be a good game.

Noticed Rhys Bennett played the whole 90 mins but there don't seem to be many "stars" in their new look line up.

Hope the boy Inman is up for this.......don't forget we took 6 points off them last season thankfully.
From the Posh messageboard on 16:10 - Aug 7 with 2343 viewsfitzochris

From the Posh messageboard on 14:08 - Aug 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

Nowt to fear against Posh on Saturday.........should be a good game.

Noticed Rhys Bennett played the whole 90 mins but there don't seem to be many "stars" in their new look line up.

Hope the boy Inman is up for this.......don't forget we took 6 points off them last season thankfully.

If you follow football to even a moderate level, you will know Peterborough have signed some very good players this summer. They may not be stars but they’re very good for League One.

Our results against them last season are irrelevant and I’m sure Inman, and the rest of our squad, will be very much up for it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

From the Posh messageboard on 16:17 - Aug 7 with 2307 viewsShun

I like Peterborough as a club in that their philosophy is similar to ours but on a grander scale - buy young players, often from non-league, develop them, sell them for a profit.

We’ve had a few matches over the years where their team were, as a collective, a giant horrible oik, but that was usually when Ferguson was in charge. I don’t remember that being the case last season when we played (at least at Spotland).
Login to get fewer ads

From the Posh messageboard on 16:19 - Aug 7 with 2299 viewsEllDale

They're very different from us in culture though.
We don't have an egotistical chairman or an employee like Barry Fry.
From the Posh messageboard on 16:22 - Aug 7 with 2292 viewsfitzochris

From the Posh messageboard on 16:17 - Aug 7 by Shun

I like Peterborough as a club in that their philosophy is similar to ours but on a grander scale - buy young players, often from non-league, develop them, sell them for a profit.

We’ve had a few matches over the years where their team were, as a collective, a giant horrible oik, but that was usually when Ferguson was in charge. I don’t remember that being the case last season when we played (at least at Spotland).

Their chairman and manager are a collective loudmouth also.

Can't deny they've done good business, though. Godden and Cummings is a front pairing we could only dream of and I'm a big fan of Mark O'Hara in midfield and Jason Naismith at right-back.

From the Posh messageboard on 16:27 - Aug 7 with 2270 viewsTVOS1907

From the Posh messageboard on 16:10 - Aug 7 by fitzochris

If you follow football to even a moderate level, you will know Peterborough have signed some very good players this summer. They may not be stars but they’re very good for League One.

Our results against them last season are irrelevant and I’m sure Inman, and the rest of our squad, will be very much up for it.

Absolutely.

They did the double on us the season before that, neither game of which had any bearing on our double last season or on this Saturday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

From the Posh messageboard on 18:11 - Aug 7 with 2103 viewsYorkshire_Dale

From the Posh messageboard on 16:10 - Aug 7 by fitzochris

A "moderate level " football fan might not have the slightest interest in players imported from the Jocks.....I said they were a new look team, I don't know half their players.

No doubt they will be good L1 players that's what Posh acquire and bring on.
From the Posh messageboard on 19:26 - Aug 7 with 1969 viewsfitzochris

From the Posh messageboard on 18:11 - Aug 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

A "moderate level " football fan might not have the slightest interest in players imported from the Jocks.....I said they were a new look team, I don't know half their players.

No doubt they will be good L1 players that's what Posh acquire and bring on.

Only two I have mentioned have been “imported from the jocks”, Cummings has
come from Forest and Godden from Stevenage.

You say you “don’t know half their players” and yet readily dismiss them as they are not “stars”. That’s your thruppence and so I had mine.

From the Posh messageboard on 21:01 - Aug 7 with 1824 viewsoff2div1

Hope Posh have luck selling Marcus Maddison. West Brom and Leeds interested.
From the Posh messageboard on 11:36 - Aug 11 with 1257 viewsaleanddale

From the Posh messageboard on 21:01 - Aug 7 by off2div1

Hope Posh have luck selling Marcus Maddison. West Brom and Leeds interested.

Don't think he went did he?

Our defence will be tested today for sure Posh have plenty of strike options up top.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024