Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Posh (H) 14:16 - Aug 11 with 12910 viewsShun

TEAM NEWS | 🗒️ The Dale line-up...

1⃣ Josh Lillis
2⃣ Joe Rafferty
5⃣ Ryan Delaney
6️⃣ Harrison McGahey
8️⃣ MJ Williams
1⃣0⃣ Callum Camps
1⃣6️⃣ Matty Done
1⃣7⃣ David Perkins
1⃣8️⃣ Aaron Wilbraham
1⃣9️⃣ Bradden Inman
4️⃣0⃣ Ian Henderson

#RAFC

Same team as last week but Delaney instead of McNulty.

SUBS:
3⃣ Kgosi Ntlhe
4⃣ Jimmy McNulty
9⃣ Calvin Andrew
1⃣4⃣ Ollie Rathbone
2⃣2⃣ Brendan Moore
2⃣5⃣ Daniel Adshead
2⃣7⃣ Andy Cannon
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 14:17]
Match thread: Posh (H) on 15:52 - Aug 11 with 5512 viewsfunkkk

Been the better team but undone by two headers. Done should have scored or at least have had a half decent effort just before they added a third. Long, long way back now.
Match thread: Posh (H) on 15:56 - Aug 11 with 5456 viewsShun

Don’t know how we’re losing this one, we’ve been on top all half. All of their goals came against the run of play and were pretty easy to defend. Let’s try and learn to defend them because they all came from the same area too. Dembele’s a good player but he’s also an absolute embarrassment, cheat.
Match thread: Posh (H) on 16:00 - Aug 11 with 5412 viewsisitme

Three soft goals. Two from set pieces and one free header. Our general play has been good. An early goal for us in the second half and it's game on.
Match thread: Posh (H) on 16:05 - Aug 11 with 5369 viewsfrenzied

Not a single home side in league one ahead at half time
Match thread: Posh (H) on 16:06 - Aug 11 with 5363 viewsAncoats_Blue

3-3 or 4-3 incoming.
Match thread: Posh (H) on 16:06 - Aug 11 with 5361 viewsdeeplishblue

Posh showing the value of having a player who can take a dead ball. We havent had one since Michael Rose.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Match thread: Posh (H) on 16:14 - Aug 11 with 5325 viewssandy_dale

Unfortunately, if it doesn’t work from kick off, we have nothing to add to the team.
Match thread: Posh (H) on 16:27 - Aug 11 with 5248 viewsDaleFan7

Good to see after all these years we've finally got round to practising defending set pieces.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Posh (H) on 16:49 - Aug 11 with 5117 viewsBazzanne

Pretty football today but our attack is very weak. Never looked like scoring after the penalty.
Match thread: Posh (H) on 16:50 - Aug 11 with 5100 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Match thread: Posh (H) on 16:49 - Aug 11 by Bazzanne

Pretty football today but our attack is very weak. Never looked like scoring after the penalty.

Roll out the banner...
Match thread: Posh (H) on 16:52 - Aug 11 with 5090 viewssandy_dale

Exact same problems as last year. We had one good 45 last week against a very very poor side. Once they got going they had us sussed out. This week we’ve been sussed out from the start we have nothing from the bench and the same old tactics just aren’t working. Callum camps was as poor today as he has was last year. A centre half getting MOTM at 3-1 just about sums that up. (Plano Baltic pie as well)
Match thread: Posh (H) on 16:59 - Aug 11 with 5019 viewsfitzochris

For all our nice play and possession, our lack of a player who has that cutting edge was made frustratingly apparent here today. Peterborough did what they needed to do and ruthlessly - not bad for a team with no stars and “full of jock imports”, eh YD?

I’m not even convinced our penalty was legitimate and will need to see that again.

Posh have what it takes and we didn’t today. Without a striker who is a goal scorer, I can see a lapse for us. Easier said than done getting one, but we need to try based on today.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 17:03]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Posh (H) on 17:02 - Aug 11 with 4991 viewsrochdaleriddler

So of our new found experience, Perkins passing was dire, wilbraham offered nothing. We were thoroughly outclassed and outfought. Hoping it was more their team was good than ours poor

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Posh (H) on 17:09 - Aug 11 with 4933 viewsShun

Have to agree with everyone’s assessments so far. We had the majority of possession (68%!) and played some lovely stuff but the lack of a real goalscorer cost us - a similar game to last year. Posh didn’t play much (I think they only touched the ball about 3 times in that second half) but they didn’t need to - they knew that they had the defenders to stifle our play and the attackers to make something happen on the rare occasion they saw the ball - an expert display of ruthlessness.
Match thread: Posh (H) on 17:15 - Aug 11 with 4876 viewsJames1980

WHY WON'T WE SHOOT?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Posh (H) on 17:19 - Aug 11 with 4835 views442Dale

Match thread: Posh (H) on 17:09 - Aug 11 by Shun

Have to agree with everyone’s assessments so far. We had the majority of possession (68%!) and played some lovely stuff but the lack of a real goalscorer cost us - a similar game to last year. Posh didn’t play much (I think they only touched the ball about 3 times in that second half) but they didn’t need to - they knew that they had the defenders to stifle our play and the attackers to make something happen on the rare occasion they saw the ball - an expert display of ruthlessness.

We have a goalscorer, for some reason there’s a reluctance to play him right up front in a front two - which we know is necessary to get the most out of the formation and Henderson himself. Peterborough defended really well, Bennett was excellent, but with Wilbraham up there isolated it wasn’t hard enough for them.

Agree on some comments around players like Camps who will be lucky to retain his place, whilst Perkins passing is letting down his otherwise effective play. We need to make more of the way we shift teams about when the ball moves forwards, because we played very well until they scored but without capitalising on getting the ball into good areas by playing out from the back.

A reality check, yet it came in a game where we weren’t terrible.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Posh (H) on 17:28 - Aug 11 with 4749 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Posh (H) on 17:15 - Aug 11 by James1980

WHY WON'T WE SHOOT?

Story of last season. I can’t criticise or slag the team off as I missed the game today (didn’t get back to the uk while half two) were we really as shite as some are making out or was it just an off day today?
Match thread: Posh (H) on 17:29 - Aug 11 with 4736 viewsfunkkk

Match thread: Posh (H) on 17:15 - Aug 11 by James1980

WHY WON'T WE SHOOT?

Quite. I know they're hard to come by but when did we last have a goalscoring striker?
Match thread: Posh (H) on 17:32 - Aug 11 with 4694 viewstony_roch975

Might be effective on the break in away games but when trying to make the play at home this side lacks either the guile or the pace & width to hurt a very good (if unpleasant) Evans team - weak refereeing also I thought.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match thread: Posh (H) on 17:33 - Aug 11 with 4673 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Posh (H) on 17:28 - Aug 11 by rochdale_ranger

Story of last season. I can’t criticise or slag the team off as I missed the game today (didn’t get back to the uk while half two) were we really as shite as some are making out or was it just an off day today?

WE played ok, they were better

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Posh (H) on 17:52 - Aug 11 with 4547 viewsSandyman

We were weak up front, missed a couple of sitters, and woeful when attacked. If we can't organise properly to defend against standard set pieces, what on Earth happens at training?
Match thread: Posh (H) on 18:00 - Aug 11 with 4487 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Posh (H) on 16:50 - Aug 11 by RespectTheChemistry

Roll out the banner...

That was Bazinga.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Posh (H) on 18:00 - Aug 11 with 4484 viewsrochdale_ranger

Evans teams are always well organised and he does his homework. Maybe it’s common knowledge that we are soft at defending set pieces. Too early to stick the knife in. Will make a judgement after first five or six games. Still think we are missing a proven striker.
Match thread: Posh (H) on 18:02 - Aug 11 with 4473 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread: Posh (H) on 17:52 - Aug 11 by Sandyman

We were weak up front, missed a couple of sitters, and woeful when attacked. If we can't organise properly to defend against standard set pieces, what on Earth happens at training?

I don't understand why one week into the new season we're messing around with the back line already. Not that Delaney was especially at fault today but why change a winning formula from last week, unless McNulty was carrying a knock we don't know about? I didn't play football to a particularly high standard but I know that I always felt better and we played better when the back line was unchanged and we could establish a partnership.
Match thread: Posh (H) on 18:14 - Aug 11 with 4386 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Posh (H) on 18:02 - Aug 11 by richfoad32

I don't understand why one week into the new season we're messing around with the back line already. Not that Delaney was especially at fault today but why change a winning formula from last week, unless McNulty was carrying a knock we don't know about? I didn't play football to a particularly high standard but I know that I always felt better and we played better when the back line was unchanged and we could establish a partnership.

Delaney made sense. McNulty is a weak link on the left of a back three and better in the centre. He isn’t going to play there while we have MJ Williams available, so his place on the bench was inevitable today.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024