Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Posh (H) 14:16 - Aug 11 with 12902 viewsShun

TEAM NEWS | 🗒️ The Dale line-up...

1⃣ Josh Lillis
2⃣ Joe Rafferty
5⃣ Ryan Delaney
6️⃣ Harrison McGahey
8️⃣ MJ Williams
1⃣0⃣ Callum Camps
1⃣6️⃣ Matty Done
1⃣7⃣ David Perkins
1⃣8️⃣ Aaron Wilbraham
1⃣9️⃣ Bradden Inman
4️⃣0⃣ Ian Henderson

#RAFC

Same team as last week but Delaney instead of McNulty.

SUBS:
3⃣ Kgosi Ntlhe
4⃣ Jimmy McNulty
9⃣ Calvin Andrew
1⃣4⃣ Ollie Rathbone
2⃣2⃣ Brendan Moore
2⃣5⃣ Daniel Adshead
2⃣7⃣ Andy Cannon
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 14:17]
Match thread: Posh (H) on 09:15 - Aug 12 with 2865 viewsBartRowou

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Match thread: Posh (H) on 09:59 - Aug 12 with 2718 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Posh (H) on 23:30 - Aug 11 by dawlishdale

Have a look at the Posh third goal for a very funny Mr Angry reaction

He was still angry in the dale bar at half time

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Posh (H) on 10:08 - Aug 12 with 2689 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Posh (H) on 09:59 - Aug 12 by rochdaleriddler

He was still angry in the dale bar at half time

He'll be even angrier when he gets a ban from the ground........bloody stupid thing to do..

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread: Posh (H) on 10:36 - Aug 12 with 2600 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Posh (H) on 10:08 - Aug 12 by SuddenLad

He'll be even angrier when he gets a ban from the ground........bloody stupid thing to do..

Yet in the least bit unsurprising,strange chap
Match thread: Posh (H) on 10:42 - Aug 12 with 2580 views1907

Match thread: Posh (H) on 08:05 - Aug 12 by fitzochris

Yes, it’s amazing how actually watching players can give you an impression as to their ability, rather than writing them off at the outset because of what country they play in.

I wish you’d give it a rest about Scottish football. It’s garbage.
Match thread: Posh (H) on 10:56 - Aug 12 with 2560 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Posh (H) on 10:42 - Aug 12 by 1907

A product of it scored two goals against us yesterday.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Posh (H) on 11:02 - Aug 12 with 2538 views442Dale

Match thread: Posh (H) on 10:42 - Aug 12 by 1907

While it may not be anywhere near the standard it once was, it’s worth noting that Jason Cummings was a step up in terms of clever forward play yesterday. Really enjoy watching players like that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Posh (H) on 11:05 - Aug 12 with 2524 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Posh (H) on 11:02 - Aug 12 by 442Dale

While it may not be anywhere near the standard it once was, it’s worth noting that Jason Cummings was a step up in terms of clever forward play yesterday. Really enjoy watching players like that.

You can add him to O’Hara, too.

And that’s the thing, within the standard, there are still players to be found that are more than capable of performing at English League One level and above.

It’s too easy to write off, though.

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Posh (H) on 11:06 - Aug 12 with 2522 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Posh (H) on 11:02 - Aug 12 by 442Dale

We've got a clever forward - he plays in midfield and fullback

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Posh (H) on 11:26 - Aug 12 with 2485 views442Dale

Match thread: Posh (H) on 11:06 - Aug 12 by dingdangblue

We've got a clever forward - he plays in midfield and fullback

Unfortunately until the manager makes a decision to admit that the evidence over the last two years illustrates the team and the player are less effective when this happens, then we are almost resigned to it continuing.

Baffling doesn’t cover it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Posh (H) on 11:46 - Aug 12 with 2440 viewsaleanddale

Lots of pretty build up and possession first half. You can see what the side are trying to do but at times its pondorous and posh easy regrouped and snuffed us out.

Hendo HAS to be a lot further forward - that spell at right back WTF!

One of those days could have been 2-2 at half time.

On the day credit to Peterborough they were excellent especially going forward so no complaints we lost the age.

Tough home game coming up a week Tuesday! Table topping two wins from two Barnsley.
Match thread: Posh (H) on 12:22 - Aug 12 with 2356 viewsmacro

Match thread: Posh (H) on 10:56 - Aug 12 by fitzochris

A product of it scored two goals against us yesterday.

Problem is that you have to be choosy. A lot of players leaving the Scottish prem end up in league 2 and the conference. Good scouting will findyou the assets.
Match thread: Posh (H) on 12:45 - Aug 12 with 2318 viewselectricblue

Theres an article on the scottish football bbc sport section saying that there are 100s of players from last season without a club and some are experienced talented pros..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match thread: Posh (H) on 12:53 - Aug 12 with 2301 viewsmacro

Steven Davies, donal McDermott are just 2 ex Dale players still without clubs. If you click through the non league paper there's big name players in non-league. Sylvain ebanks-blake is at Halesowen there are plenty of decent players quite low down the football pyramid now.
Match thread: Posh (H) on 13:04 - Aug 12 with 2277 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Posh (H) on 12:22 - Aug 12 by macro

Problem is that you have to be choosy. A lot of players leaving the Scottish prem end up in league 2 and the conference. Good scouting will findyou the assets.

Of course you do, hence my original comment on this issue with regards to watching players.

Match thread: Posh (H) on 13:21 - Aug 12 with 2247 viewsmacro

Match thread: Posh (H) on 13:04 - Aug 12 by fitzochris

Of course you do, hence my original comment on this issue with regards to watching players.

Considering I can't remember the last time a player was signed from Scotland I reckon the sum total of scouting there is none
Match thread: Posh (H) on 13:28 - Aug 12 with 2230 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Posh (H) on 12:45 - Aug 12 by electricblue

Theres an article on the scottish football bbc sport section saying that there are 100s of players from last season without a club and some are experienced talented pros..

Obviously not talented enough.......

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Posh (H) on 14:13 - Aug 12 with 2160 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Posh (H) on 13:21 - Aug 12 by macro

Considering I can't remember the last time a player was signed from Scotland I reckon the sum total of scouting there is none

We signed Twaddle from Scotland but, given he was signed as a centre back, I’d say the scouting involved there was zero, too.

Match thread: Posh (H) on 13:04 - Aug 13 with 1682 viewsBartRowou

Footnote to Saturday, posted only because I wasn't aware of the new ruling (taken from Forest forum about their 35, Cummings):

Perhaps more interesting to me was that, on Saturday, Posh had to make a team selection that they probably didn't want to, to avoid falling foul of the Football Leagues' new rule that every team has to include at least one 'hone-grown' player in their match-day squad.
In their previous game the only one in the squad that fulfilled that, was young striker Matty Steven, an unused substitute, due to Steve Evans effectively signing a whole new squad over the summer. Stevens had lost his place on the bench for this one, with Evans forking out six figures for Newcastle's Ivan Toney in the week, so posh's actual reserve goalkeeper, Connor O' Malley also made way on the bench...
..for hastily re-registered, previously retired Goalkeeper Coach, Mark Tyler, aged 41, who came through the Posh youth system over 20 years ago.
Not sure this what the football league had in mind when the rule was dreamt up to give young players a chance.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Match thread: Posh (H) on 13:15 - Aug 13 with 1663 viewsColDale

Match thread: Posh (H) on 13:04 - Aug 13 by BartRowou

Footnote to Saturday, posted only because I wasn't aware of the new ruling (taken from Forest forum about their 35, Cummings):

Perhaps more interesting to me was that, on Saturday, Posh had to make a team selection that they probably didn't want to, to avoid falling foul of the Football Leagues' new rule that every team has to include at least one 'hone-grown' player in their match-day squad.
In their previous game the only one in the squad that fulfilled that, was young striker Matty Steven, an unused substitute, due to Steve Evans effectively signing a whole new squad over the summer. Stevens had lost his place on the bench for this one, with Evans forking out six figures for Newcastle's Ivan Toney in the week, so posh's actual reserve goalkeeper, Connor O' Malley also made way on the bench...
..for hastily re-registered, previously retired Goalkeeper Coach, Mark Tyler, aged 41, who came through the Posh youth system over 20 years ago.
Not sure this what the football league had in mind when the rule was dreamt up to give young players a chance.

Interesting that

Bit of googling found this
https://www.sports.legal/2017/04/part-one-home-grown-player-requirements-in-engl

"Each EFL club will need to include one “club-developed” player in their match day squad, who will be defined as a player who has been registered with their current team for at least 12 months prior to the end of their U19 season. Should a club fail to name such a player, they will only be able to name 6 substitutes rather than the normal allocation of 7."

I know Man U make a big deal of doing this in every game since 1937 or something like that, but any clue as to when the last time we fielded a matchday squad that didn't match this requirement?

Am guessing maybe Eyre / Coleman era?
Match thread: Posh (H) on 13:27 - Aug 13 with 1638 viewsfermin

Match thread: Posh (H) on 13:15 - Aug 13 by ColDale

Interesting that

Bit of googling found this
https://www.sports.legal/2017/04/part-one-home-grown-player-requirements-in-engl

"Each EFL club will need to include one “club-developed” player in their match day squad, who will be defined as a player who has been registered with their current team for at least 12 months prior to the end of their U19 season. Should a club fail to name such a player, they will only be able to name 6 substitutes rather than the normal allocation of 7."

I know Man U make a big deal of doing this in every game since 1937 or something like that, but any clue as to when the last time we fielded a matchday squad that didn't match this requirement?

Am guessing maybe Eyre / Coleman era?

Also mentioned on the club website:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/august/efl-rule-changes_2018/
Match thread: Posh (H) on 13:38 - Aug 13 with 1606 viewsjudd

Match thread: Posh (H) on 09:15 - Aug 12 by BartRowou

Why didn't the steward do more than tap his elbow?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread: Posh (H) on 14:12 - Aug 13 with 1533 viewselectricblue

Match thread: Posh (H) on 13:28 - Aug 12 by TVOS1907

Obviously not talented enough.......

Possibly.
Could be that the finances are extremely tight..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match thread: Posh (H) on 14:16 - Aug 13 with 1526 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Posh (H) on 14:12 - Aug 13 by electricblue

Possibly.
Could be that the finances are extremely tight..

No

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Posh (H) on 15:26 - Aug 13 with 1444 viewsmacro

Fleetwood on Saturday had a first ever academy product make a first team appearance.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 15:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024