Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilbraham 16:12 - Aug 11 with 4455 viewsCanaDale

Not impressed with this guy, Bennett has had him in his pocket!
Wilbraham on 16:14 - Aug 11 with 4441 viewssandy_dale

Ah well In that case let’s get rid.
Wilbraham on 17:07 - Aug 11 with 4302 viewsrochdaleriddler

Yes the same guy who wasn’t good enough for league 1

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Wilbraham on 17:27 - Aug 11 with 4206 viewstony_roch975

Yes, we fans of Bennett were furious when he was released - another of those who didn't fit Keith's spec. so got messed about with position and never given a proper run in the team. Bennett was immense all game.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Wilbraham on 17:44 - Aug 11 with 4112 viewsNewbury_Dale

Andrew and Willbraham just too similar for me. We really need some pace in the final third.
Wilbraham on 17:49 - Aug 11 with 4067 viewsfunkkk

Wilbraham on 17:44 - Aug 11 by Newbury_Dale

Andrew and Willbraham just too similar for me. We really need some pace in the final third.

Although Andrew may well have helped us not concede two headers.
Wilbraham on 17:56 - Aug 11 with 4034 viewsDaleaholic

Wilbraham on 17:44 - Aug 11 by Newbury_Dale

We need someone who can score goals.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Wilbraham on 17:58 - Aug 11 with 4006 viewshxdale

Matty done when played as striker...
Wilbraham on 18:26 - Aug 11 with 3884 viewsKnowlesy

Wilbraham on 17:58 - Aug 11 by hxdale

Matty done when played as striker...

Didn’t you see the chance he missed in the first half? Whatever Done is nowadays, one thing he isn’t is a goal scorer.
Login to get fewer ads

Wilbraham on 18:32 - Aug 11 with 3845 viewsDareToCalvin

Although I wasn't there, apparently Alby was immense last week. Every time he received the ball, he was immediately swamped; there's nothing he can do about that so he was made to look poor. He is definitely a good addition but I do agree about needing some pace up front; but pacy goalscorers are the hardest players to find, especially with our budget.
Can't help but think Davies would have buried that chance that Wilbraham squandered but nevertheless, we can't write him off after 1 home game; I'm sure he'll be a very useful option like Davies but make more of an impact due to better fitness.
Wilbraham on 18:41 - Aug 11 with 3779 viewshxdale

Wilbraham on 18:26 - Aug 11 by Knowlesy

Didn’t you see the chance he missed in the first half? Whatever Done is nowadays, one thing he isn’t is a goal scorer.

Yes I did see the chance he missed it was right in front of me, did you see the spin on the ball it was impossible to control..
Wilbraham on 18:48 - Aug 11 with 3714 viewsKnowlesy

Wilbraham on 18:41 - Aug 11 by hxdale

Yes I did see the chance he missed it was right in front of me, did you see the spin on the ball it was impossible to control..

And a true goal scorer would’ve hit it first time into an empty net.
Wilbraham on 19:09 - Aug 11 with 3590 viewshxdale

Wilbraham on 18:48 - Aug 11 by Knowlesy

You had a better view than me then.
Wilbraham on 19:25 - Aug 11 with 3515 viewsnordenblue

Wilbraham on 18:32 - Aug 11 by DareToCalvin

Although I wasn't there, apparently Alby was immense last week. Every time he received the ball, he was immediately swamped; there's nothing he can do about that so he was made to look poor. He is definitely a good addition but I do agree about needing some pace up front; but pacy goalscorers are the hardest players to find, especially with our budget.
Can't help but think Davies would have buried that chance that Wilbraham squandered but nevertheless, we can't write him off after 1 home game; I'm sure he'll be a very useful option like Davies but make more of an impact due to better fitness.

Davies wouldnt have had the chance to score,he'd have been sat in the stands injured due to not being "match fit"
Wilbraham on 19:51 - Aug 11 with 3429 viewsmacro

Still don't get the Bennett love in. First half in particular was very shaky
Wilbraham on 19:59 - Aug 11 with 3382 viewsnordenblue

Wilbraham on 19:51 - Aug 11 by macro

Still don't get the Bennett love in. First half in particular was very shaky

Thought exactly the same,we didn't really test any of their centre backs on the floor,and I'd be keen to know why Hendo played nearly every position bar goal keeper all in one match,we needed a goal and our most consistent goal scorer is playing either right back or even left wing
Wilbraham on 20:03 - Aug 11 with 3363 viewshxdale

Wilbraham on 19:59 - Aug 11 by nordenblue

Thought exactly the same,we didn't really test any of their centre backs on the floor,and I'd be keen to know why Hendo played nearly every position bar goal keeper all in one match,we needed a goal and our most consistent goal scorer is playing either right back or even left wing

Yep right wing, 1st half, right back when raff went off, cannon on henfo went back up front... What do we think of defenders being subbed... ? Dr OES hilly know his team yet?
Wilbraham on 20:10 - Aug 11 with 3327 viewsdingdangblue

Wilbraham on 18:48 - Aug 11 by Knowlesy

It wasn't an empty net - Peterborough had a goalkeeper.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Wilbraham on 20:52 - Aug 11 with 3220 viewspnc4eva1

Wilbraham didn't look like a natural striker. He would benefit from someone to play off who is fast.

However, Peterborough were a good side and well organised. They came with a game plan and finished their chances, something we didn't do.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Wilbraham on 20:34 - Aug 13 with 2267 viewssoulboy

What really surprised me was how physical and aggressive Bennett was in his marking of Wilbraham throughout the game, something which we rarely saw if at all during his time at Spotland. It was also very disappointing to see a player of Wilbrahams experience showing almost a complete lack of aggression in return.
Wilbraham on 21:54 - Aug 13 with 2155 viewsdingdangblue

Wilbraham on 20:34 - Aug 13 by soulboy

What really surprised me was how physical and aggressive Bennett was in his marking of Wilbraham throughout the game, something which we rarely saw if at all during his time at Spotland. It was also very disappointing to see a player of Wilbrahams experience showing almost a complete lack of aggression in return.

To be fair to Wilbraham the couple of times he tried to be physical in the 1st half the ref gave free kicks against him! The ref had a peculiar game for me - Raffs dive given as a penalty although Raff was very clever running across his man so it looked a foul but in all honesty the defender was a good foot away from making contact, then he stopped the play to give us a foul on Camps just as Inman was running towards the box and in a very promising position, the foul for their free kick when they scored on half time looked like Dembele dived as McGahey ran alongside him - a few odd decisions.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024