Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Stokes 12:48 - Aug 14 with 1219 viewsSuddenLad

Not Guilty of affray. The 12 good men and true strike again.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ben Stokes on 13:04 - Aug 14 with 1178 viewsTVOS1907

Is there evidence to the contrary?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ben Stokes on 13:07 - Aug 14 with 1172 viewsSuddenLad

Obviously not.

Ben Stokes on 14:00 - Aug 14 with 1079 viewskel

You’d have had him hung, drawn and quartered before trial wouldn’t you, Mr Perfect?

How is that utopia you live in by the way?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 14:00]
Ben Stokes on 14:32 - Aug 14 with 1001 viewsSalwaDale

I wonder whether the fact all involved were tried together has had a big bearing on it. Much easier to write it off as a drunken scrap.

TBBT

Ben Stokes on 14:42 - Aug 14 with 977 viewsD_Alien

Ben Stokes on 14:32 - Aug 14 by SalwaDale

I wonder whether the fact all involved were tried together has had a big bearing on it. Much easier to write it off as a drunken scrap.

The legal definition of affray includes the important consideration as to whether members of the public not otherwise involved would have felt threatened - not something that's easily proven unless evidence is given to that effect

And as you say, those involved were stood in the dock together, and shook hands following the verdict. Common sense prevails, though not without huge cost to the public purse

Time for Stokes to move on (he still has an MCC disciplinary committee to face) and save any natural aggression for the opposition on the field

[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 14:44]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ben Stokes on 14:43 - Aug 14 with 977 viewsSuddenLad

If the CPS prosecuted everyone involved in drunken fights, the courts wouldn't deal with anything else. It was a celebrity show trial, simply because of who was involved. I'm glad the jury had the sense to deliver the verdict. Another high-profile court trial, costing millions has quite rightly failed.

It's time the CPS were held to account for 'cherry-picking' who they decide to prosecute and who they don't.

Meanwhile, the Houses of Parliament contains people who have defrauded the country of millions of pounds of public money.

Ben Stokes on 17:53 - Aug 14 with 760 viewsrochdale_ranger

I think the better question to ask is why are city and town centres full of pissed up psychopaths who want to kick fook out of each other and drunken slags who piss in the street and get into lumber every Friday and Saturday night. I’m glad I’m at the age when I can finally admit that going out to nightclubs is a Naff experience.
Ben Stokes on 07:24 - Aug 15 with 557 viewsaleanddale

Will be tough on Woakes if he is dropped for the 3rd test. He deserves to keep his place after a stonking MOM performance at Lords.

Get Stokes on 12th man duty for the 3rd test - talented beyond belief but needs to wait for his chance now.

Glad this is all put to bed now - Hopefully lessons learned all round.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024