Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Callum Camps 07:23 - Aug 15 with 5576 viewsJames1980

After comments about Camps on other threads. Would it be beneficial for him to go on loan to a promotion chasing League 2 side?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Callum Camps on 07:27 - Aug 15 with 3225 viewsaleanddale

Interesting one.

Talented footballer who has a football brain but not the application.

No surprise to me his best game last season was v Spurs. Read into that what you will.

if he did less he would be superb! cut out the flicks and the outside of boot dinks and get right back to basics and we get our Camps back.
Callum Camps on 07:42 - Aug 15 with 3172 viewsJames1980

Which team/manager would be the best fit.

Callum Camps on 08:09 - Aug 15 with 3109 views442Dale

Callum Camps on 07:42 - Aug 15 by James1980

None. Playing well he’s in our team every week and a saleable asset. We can’t start sending him out on loan as it’ll reduce his value and serve no purpose.

If he’s on the bench for a bit he may respond, if he wants a career at a higher level then he’ll have to.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Callum Camps on 08:16 - Aug 15 with 3081 viewsTVOS1907

Callum Camps on 07:42 - Aug 15 by James1980

Rochdale/Keith Hill

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Callum Camps on 08:27 - Aug 15 with 3050 viewsJames1980

So recent criticism of him on here is unfounded? If it is justified the best place to rebuild confidence etc is at home?

Callum Camps on 08:28 - Aug 15 with 3050 viewstony_roch975

Callum Camps on 07:27 - Aug 15 by aleanddale

Interesting one.

Talented footballer who has a football brain but not the application.

No surprise to me his best game last season was v Spurs. Read into that what you will.

if he did less he would be superb! cut out the flicks and the outside of boot dinks and get right back to basics and we get our Camps back.

Admit I'm a Camps fan so agree he's talented and my answer would be that he's the sort of 'finesse' player who is more effective the better the team; most players looked poorer last season when the team was struggling. He worked hard on Sat making some good tackles and several of our best first half attacks came thru him. Equally he's been successful playing in a deeper lying role and pulling the strings but seems Hill prefers Perkins in that role. It was the same problem when Jamie Allen and he were vying for their favoured central mf position. Having said that much of my pleasure is watching Camps' flicks & dinks - I'm into guile over power but everyone to his own.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Callum Camps on 08:42 - Aug 15 with 3002 viewssweetcorn

Callum Camps on 08:28 - Aug 15 by tony_roch975

Admit I'm a Camps fan so agree he's talented and my answer would be that he's the sort of 'finesse' player who is more effective the better the team; most players looked poorer last season when the team was struggling. He worked hard on Sat making some good tackles and several of our best first half attacks came thru him. Equally he's been successful playing in a deeper lying role and pulling the strings but seems Hill prefers Perkins in that role. It was the same problem when Jamie Allen and he were vying for their favoured central mf position. Having said that much of my pleasure is watching Camps' flicks & dinks - I'm into guile over power but everyone to his own.

Well i’m personally more into effective football and much of what camps does is ineffective..

How many of them chipped over the top balls lands at one of our players feet, i’d hazard a guess at about 5% and even then its an ask to expect a striker to take the ball down and get a shot in at goal, given how close the defenders are.

Camps rode the curtails of playing next to lund and allen, two exceptional midfielders, who seriously masked camps deficiencies. Camps has been asked to step up since them two left and be our main midfielder, he’s failed miserably.

I’ve not given up on him and a loan out wouldnt be the right move, he still performs in the big games. He needs a reality check and a spell on the bench will hopefully provide that, as i’d prefer cannon and rathbone over him on current form.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 8:50]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Callum Camps on 08:47 - Aug 15 with 2956 viewsTVOS1907

Callum Camps on 08:27 - Aug 15 by James1980

So recent criticism of him on here is unfounded? If it is justified the best place to rebuild confidence etc is at home?

No, recent criticism isn’t unfounded, but that’s no reason for suggesting a first team squad regular suddenly be loaned out to League 2!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Login to get fewer ads

Callum Camps on 09:07 - Aug 15 with 2894 viewsJames1980

Callum Camps on 08:47 - Aug 15 by TVOS1907

No, recent criticism isn’t unfounded, but that’s no reason for suggesting a first team squad regular suddenly be loaned out to League 2!

Tbf I didn't say he should go on loan, I asked if he would benefit from a loan move. I said League 2 because as I didn't know if players are loaned up the pyramid.
I don't think it is fair for me to judge because I don't go to as many games.

Callum Camps on 09:23 - Aug 15 with 2809 viewsTVOS1907

Callum Camps on 09:07 - Aug 15 by James1980

Tbf I didn't say he should go on loan, I asked if he would benefit from a loan move. I said League 2 because as I didn't know if players are loaned up the pyramid.
I don't think it is fair for me to judge because I don't go to as many games.

Ok, no, he wouldn’t benefit from a loan to League 2.

Callum Camps on 09:38 - Aug 15 with 2774 viewsJames1980

Callum Camps on 09:23 - Aug 15 by TVOS1907

Ok, no, he wouldn’t benefit from a loan to League 2.

Although my original question did say promotion chasing , I expect your answer would be the same.

Are loan moves up a League unheard of, not suggesting that should happen, just out of interest
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 9:50]

Callum Camps on 09:50 - Aug 15 with 2724 viewsTVOS1907

Callum Camps on 09:38 - Aug 15 by James1980

Although my original question did say promotion chasing , I expect your answer would be the same.

Are loan moves up a League unheard of, not suggesting that should happen, just out of interest

It would, James, and to be honest, how do we know which clubs will be promotion-chasing at the end of August?

Callum Camps on 09:54 - Aug 15 with 2709 viewssweetcorn

Callum Camps on 09:38 - Aug 15 by James1980

Yes, but its usually with the scope to sign them at the end of that loan period. We’ve loaned players from league two under hill.

Callum Camps on 11:35 - Aug 15 with 2583 viewsaleanddale

Callum Camps on 08:28 - Aug 15 by tony_roch975

yes agree each to there own.

When it comes off it looks incredible and draws a gasp! I can see why that's popular.

to much Hollywood and not enough Heywood lately though for my liking.

There were more wasted forward passes than I like on Saturday.

I like him as a footballer I really do but of all the squad Camps I despair at most.
Callum Camps on 12:10 - Aug 15 with 2494 viewsonedalefan

Callum Camps on 11:35 - Aug 15 by aleanddale

yes agree each to there own.

When it comes off it looks incredible and draws a gasp! I can see why that's popular.

to much Hollywood and not enough Heywood lately though for my liking.

There were more wasted forward passes than I like on Saturday.

I like him as a footballer I really do but of all the squad Camps I despair at most.

You mean the free kicks where he stands there with a 'look at me pose' and plants it way over the bar!
Callum Camps on 12:13 - Aug 15 with 2476 viewsJimmyRustler

Callum Camps on 12:10 - Aug 15 by onedalefan

You mean the free kicks where he stands there with a 'look at me pose' and plants it way over the bar!

He hit a free-kick on Saturday towards the Sandy that was undoubtedly one of the worst efforts I've ever seen. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if NASA identify and name it on their next scan of the solar system
Callum Camps on 12:14 - Aug 15 with 2475 viewsJames1980

For my half pence worth he his a talented player who seems to have lost his footballing mojo. Thoughts on how he gets it back?

Callum Camps on 12:26 - Aug 15 with 2431 viewsboromat

He's lacking form but he's still challenging for a first team place in our side so no need for him to go out on loan. He needs to recapture his form for us not for someone else. He's still getting chances for us he just needs to be careful as he's at the point where he may lose his position. I think Hill is threatening him with a new CB position 😂.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 13:03]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Callum Camps on 12:50 - Aug 15 with 2348 viewsDale92

Callum Camps on 12:14 - Aug 15 by James1980

For my half pence worth he his a talented player who seems to have lost his footballing mojo. Thoughts on how he gets it back?

In my opinion (ducks for gun fire) i think he and henderson are to similar. Both look to pick up the ball in the same areas of the pitch. Its like a Gerrard/Lampard situation, you just need to find a system to suit both because its clear well play woth a big man up front we have 2 maybe 3 if you count Gillam. Hendo cant play wide and needs to be the centre now, in that Rooney role but that happens to be Camps best position so shuffling him back into a midfield 2 doesnt work because thats not his game its cannon's, perks and raths. Now you throw Inman in there too who is also a CAM you have a 3 way fight for 1 really position. The lack of pace in our team kills Camps too when we had Hogan, NML and a quicker Henderson, he was on fire. Its a tpugh one but unless we get an out ball who has pace i dont see much changing. If we do need id go 3-4-3 with camps in the 2 cm hendo as a narrow rw.

This is the One, I've waited for

Callum Camps on 14:14 - Aug 15 with 2187 viewsaleanddale

Callum Camps on 12:10 - Aug 15 by onedalefan

Camps CAN take a mean free kick - but I know what you mean.

Lets just get him back to how he played v Spurs at Spotland when he was seriously good!.

One of the stand out individual performance of the season IMO.
Callum Camps on 18:14 - Aug 15 with 1945 viewstony_roch975

Callum Camps on 08:42 - Aug 15 by sweetcorn

Well i’m personally more into effective football and much of what camps does is ineffective..

How many of them chipped over the top balls lands at one of our players feet, i’d hazard a guess at about 5% and even then its an ask to expect a striker to take the ball down and get a shot in at goal, given how close the defenders are.

Camps rode the curtails of playing next to lund and allen, two exceptional midfielders, who seriously masked camps deficiencies. Camps has been asked to step up since them two left and be our main midfielder, he’s failed miserably.

I’ve not given up on him and a loan out wouldnt be the right move, he still performs in the big games. He needs a reality check and a spell on the bench will hopefully provide that, as i’d prefer cannon and rathbone over him on current form.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 8:50]

Based on current form, I believe Rathbone has 4 goals from open play; Henderson has 0!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Callum Camps on 19:22 - Aug 15 with 1851 viewsrich_dale

For me it's his energy levels and demeanour on the pitch that are lacking. He's clearly a class player with talent but without (at the moment) the application to match. If he was as consistently busy as Allen, Cannon or Rathbone he'd be quality but he too often coasts through games with that languid, casual style.
Callum Camps on 20:19 - Aug 15 with 1760 viewsnordenblue

Callum Camps on 19:22 - Aug 15 by rich_dale

For me it's his energy levels and demeanour on the pitch that are lacking. He's clearly a class player with talent but without (at the moment) the application to match. If he was as consistently busy as Allen, Cannon or Rathbone he'd be quality but he too often coasts through games with that languid, casual style.

He's looked and played for months like he believes the hype about himself and his talent, id have a fully fit Cannon,Perkins or Ollie all before him on the team sheet,hed be nowhere near the starting 11 for me.
Callum Camps on 20:47 - Aug 15 with 1695 viewssweetcorn

Callum Camps on 18:14 - Aug 15 by tony_roch975

Based on current form, I believe Rathbone has 4 goals from open play; Henderson has 0!

Well for a start your goal stats are wrong, unless i fell asleep and missed a game rathbone does not have 4 goals.

And whats your point regarding henderson? They’re playing different roles within the team.

Callum Camps on 21:09 - Aug 15 with 1641 viewsTVOS1907

Callum Camps on 20:47 - Aug 15 by sweetcorn

Well for a start your goal stats are wrong, unless i fell asleep and missed a game rathbone does not have 4 goals.

And whats your point regarding henderson? They’re playing different roles within the team.

I think, bizarrely, he's including friendlies.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024