Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New keeper? 08:50 - Aug 15 with 2669 viewsColDale

c/o Brierls

This post has been edited by an administrator
New keeper? on 08:55 - Aug 15 with 2635 views442Dale

Strange one unless Moore is going out on loan somewhere. Would think Fulham would want him to be getting regular games, but we’ve been here before on that front and have a perfectly good goalkeeper who should retain his place (injuries and form permitting like any player, obviously).

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New keeper? on 08:58 - Aug 15 with 2626 viewsColDale

New keeper? on 08:55 - Aug 15 by 442Dale

Strange one unless Moore is going out on loan somewhere. Would think Fulham would want him to be getting regular games, but we’ve been here before on that front and have a perfectly good goalkeeper who should retain his place (injuries and form permitting like any player, obviously).

Am guessing but perhaps given that Moore is not getting first team football, perhaps he has asked to be released from his contract possibly to play back home in USA.

The Fulham keeper doesn't appear to have the pedigree to come in and take Lillis's place.
New keeper? on 10:05 - Aug 15 with 2451 viewsColDale

confirmed
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/august/magnus-norman-joins-rochdale/
New keeper? on 10:49 - Aug 15 with 2295 viewsfitzochris

Hill: “It’s important that he puts pressure on the goalkeepers that we’ve got. I feel as though there hasn’t been enough pressure on Josh [Lillis], and that’s why I’ve brought him in. He has come to be competitive and I hope that it gives a competitive keen rivalry for all the goalkeepers.”

A kick up the ar*se for Brendan and Brad, as well as Josh there.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New keeper? on 12:17 - Aug 15 with 2140 viewsSuddenLad

New keeper? on 10:49 - Aug 15 by fitzochris

Hill: “It’s important that he puts pressure on the goalkeepers that we’ve got. I feel as though there hasn’t been enough pressure on Josh [Lillis], and that’s why I’ve brought him in. He has come to be competitive and I hope that it gives a competitive keen rivalry for all the goalkeepers.”

A kick up the ar*se for Brendan and Brad, as well as Josh there.

Interesting to hear that Keith is suggesting 'One or two of our goalkeeprs may go out on loan"

That's a gee-up to Josh if ever there was one. Especially how KH emphasises the 'catch and release' skills of Magnus Norman.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New keeper? on 12:36 - Aug 15 with 2059 views442Dale

New keeper? on 12:17 - Aug 15 by SuddenLad

Interesting to hear that Keith is suggesting 'One or two of our goalkeeprs may go out on loan"

That's a gee-up to Josh if ever there was one. Especially how KH emphasises the 'catch and release' skills of Magnus Norman.

Which Lillis has shown to be very good at too.

All for competition if that’s what required.

New keeper? on 12:53 - Aug 15 with 1982 views49thseason

Keith was critical of Lillis after the Peterborough game saying he made saves at Burton but not against Peterboro'. This is not the first time KH has brought in competition for Lillis ( Frankie Fingers)so I guess its worked in the past. I have never been a Lillis fan, I think he is OK at reaction saves on his line, but I dont think he helps his defenders enough with crosses and he often frustrates me with the time it takes to decide where he is kicking to once he has the ball in his hands.(hence the catch and release comment?).
New keeper? on 13:21 - Aug 15 with 1883 views442Dale

New keeper? on 12:53 - Aug 15 by 49thseason

Keith was critical of Lillis after the Peterborough game saying he made saves at Burton but not against Peterboro'. This is not the first time KH has brought in competition for Lillis ( Frankie Fingers)so I guess its worked in the past. I have never been a Lillis fan, I think he is OK at reaction saves on his line, but I dont think he helps his defenders enough with crosses and he often frustrates me with the time it takes to decide where he is kicking to once he has the ball in his hands.(hence the catch and release comment?).

Lillis wasn’t at the club when Fielding came in. He’s a proven League One keeper who, whilst making the odd mistake like all keepers do, has won us so many points down the years and been our most consistent player over the last two seasons.

Hill’s comments about the saves against Peterborough alluded to he had more to make v Burton, not any criticism. Bringing in competition worked once: Logan in his first spell.

Login to get fewer ads

New keeper? on 13:25 - Aug 15 with 1870 viewsShun

But we’ve also seen where it hasn’t worked in the past where Perreira’s arrival unsettled the team as a keeper who was no better than Josh suddenly displaced him for no reason.

Josh is a perfectly fine League One keeper. Not outstanding but definitely good enough for where we are. I do agree about the time it takes him to kick the ball out though, often ruining any chance of making a quick counterattack. That would probably be my main complaint about him.
New keeper? on 13:31 - Aug 15 with 1846 viewsTVOS1907

You've misinterpreted Hill's comments after Saturday.

He was saying Lillis had to make a lot of saves at Burton, whereas he wasn't tested with the same frequency v Posh.

Lillis was never at the club when we signed Fielding. He replaced Sam Russell in 2008/09 and the on loan Tom Heaton in 2009/10.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New keeper? on 13:35 - Aug 15 with 1821 viewsjudd

In our worst ever season under Hilly, how many clean sheets did Josh have last season?

Poll: What is it to be then?

New keeper? on 13:40 - Aug 15 with 1801 viewsTVOS1907

New keeper? on 13:35 - Aug 15 by judd

In our worst ever season under Hilly, how many clean sheets did Josh have last season?

15 league
6 cup
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 13:40]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New keeper? on 13:41 - Aug 15 with 1792 viewsjudd

New keeper? on 13:40 - Aug 15 by TVOS1907

15 league
6 cup

Cheers

Poll: What is it to be then?

New keeper? on 14:09 - Aug 15 with 1698 viewsaleanddale

New keeper? on 13:40 - Aug 15 by TVOS1907

15 league
6 cup

would settle for that again this season.
New keeper? on 16:22 - Aug 15 with 1479 viewsscarrow

Looking realistically Wade is one for the future and Moore doesn't fill you with confidence. Lillis has no competition maybe this lad will give him some.

Poll: Final position

New keeper? on 17:24 - Aug 15 with 1349 viewsNigeriamark

New keeper? on 14:09 - Aug 15 by aleanddale

would settle for that again this season.

In the D3D4 podcast they put Josh in their league 1 team of the year based on the number of clean sheets kept in a struggling side ( I think there were only a couple of keepers who had more)
New keeper? on 18:50 - Aug 15 with 1222 viewsblackdogblue

Can he play up front or shoot?

If not, another mouth to feed wages wise & indeed a strange decision....

🤨🤨

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024