Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
chips 16:21 - Aug 17 with 4659 viewsmodelboydave

It is my first trip to Fleetwood tomorrow via Blackpool.

Can anyone recommend a decent chip chop in either Fleetwood or Blackpool please?

Ta

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

chips on 16:39 - Aug 17 with 4611 viewsTVOS1907

The one next to Fleetwood's ground was terrible on the one occasion we gave it a try, albeit about eight years ago for a pre-season friendly.

I'm sure there are plenty to choose from in Blackpool. You will probably find those off the beaten track are the best.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

chips on 16:44 - Aug 17 with 4597 viewsFred_Talbot

Yorkshire Fisheries
Topping Street (off Talbot Road)
Blackpool

Where's Fred?

chips on 16:48 - Aug 17 with 4570 viewsdingdangblue

We always go to a chippy just behind the pleasure beach on one of the back roads. Bentleys - highly recommended!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bentleys+chippy+blackpool&rlz=1CDGOYI_enGB728G

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

chips on 16:58 - Aug 17 with 4542 viewssince58

C fresh Foxhall road Blackpool.
Good food and reasonably priced.
also licensed if you want a beer or wine.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 17:01]
chips on 17:01 - Aug 17 with 4531 viewsDale_Mike

Pisces not too far from the ground is normally very good - it is also close to the excellent Strawberry Gardens pub if you want a pint as well.

Granada Fish Bar closer to Fleetwood Town centre is very good too.
chips on 17:04 - Aug 17 with 4520 viewsBartRowou

Do not eat your chips down the front.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

chips on 17:56 - Aug 17 with 4425 viewsDaleiLama

chips on 17:01 - Aug 17 by Dale_Mike

Pisces not too far from the ground is normally very good - it is also close to the excellent Strawberry Gardens pub if you want a pint as well.

Granada Fish Bar always gets my vote and business. Hake, chips, peas, tea bread and butter for less than £7 if memory serves. Has rightly won awards and sponsors Fleetwood Town - owner a big fan but always welcomes away fans and wishes them well. Bit of a walk as it's down the other end of Lord Street, but there is a Weatherspoons (Thomas Drummond) and the Royal Oak which both sell good beer to break the amble back to the ground.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

chips on 17:57 - Aug 17 with 4415 viewsD_Alien

chips on 17:56 - Aug 17 by DaleiLama

Granada Fish Bar always gets my vote and business. Hake, chips, peas, tea bread and butter for less than £7 if memory serves. Has rightly won awards and sponsors Fleetwood Town - owner a big fan but always welcomes away fans and wishes them well. Bit of a walk as it's down the other end of Lord Street, but there is a Weatherspoons (Thomas Drummond) and the Royal Oak which both sell good beer to break the amble back to the ground.

Preamble?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

chips on 18:03 - Aug 17 with 4404 viewsDaleiLama

chips on 17:57 - Aug 17 by D_Alien

Preamble?

Put me down for a large perambulator then I wouldn't have to walk at all!

chips on 18:18 - Aug 17 with 4367 viewsMoonyDale

chips on 17:56 - Aug 17 by DaleiLama

Fantastic Fish n Chips at Granada, great service and reasonable prices.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

chips on 18:22 - Aug 17 with 4356 viewsDaleiLama

The Steamer makes this year's Good Beer Guide too.

chips on 18:41 - Aug 17 with 4321 viewsmodelboydave

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Train gets into Blackpool North at 12.29, so that gives me about an hour in Blackpool i would say to find a decent one. Will have a look which one of your suggestions is near Blackpool North.

chips on 18:58 - Aug 17 with 4294 viewsseasidedale

Mr Chips is very good, about 100 yards up the hill from pices
chips on 19:08 - Aug 17 with 4272 viewsrochedale

chips on 16:48 - Aug 17 by dingdangblue

We always go to a chippy just behind the pleasure beach on one of the back roads. Bentleys - highly recommended!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bentleys+chippy+blackpool&rlz=1CDGOYI_enGB728G

I can vouch for that chippy, was there on Sunday, lovely, and the owners are really friendly.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

chips on 12:30 - Aug 18 with 3975 viewsrochdaleriddler

chips on 17:01 - Aug 17 by Dale_Mike

Sid little bringing my pie and chips out in the strawberry gardens was quite a moment

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

chips on 13:38 - Aug 18 with 3895 viewsDaleiLama

chips on 12:30 - Aug 18 by rochdaleriddler

Sid little bringing my pie and chips out in the strawberry gardens was quite a moment

As is seeing the vicar enjoying a pint in the Steamer.
Proper pub completely unmolested.

chips on 13:59 - Aug 18 with 3873 viewsdeeplishblue

I always go to "fish loves chips" in cleevleys on the way home.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

chips on 14:04 - Aug 18 with 3868 viewsWalboro

Mays at the side of Cleveleys bus station is excellent.
chips on 15:01 - Aug 18 with 3826 viewsNinco

I know it's a bit late, but have you tried the chippy at the front of what was Fleetwood Pier before it burnt down, (the pier, not the chippy). It's like being back in the 1970s. Sitting at tables set out in a row waiting for your number to be called out. Could do with a lick of paint, but the food isn't bad.
chips on 22:40 - Aug 18 with 3636 viewsDaleiLama

chips on 13:34 - Aug 19 with 3481 viewsmodelboydave

I thought i should update you all on the chip hunting.

Basically the fact that London Euston was closed completely mucked up my plans. i got into Blackpool a lot later than planned, had to dash down to the front to get the tram. i saw a chip shop on the north pier that said " fresh homemade chips' so i had a portion of them. big mistake. turns out fresh homemade meant, MCCains oven chips frozen.. Tastless Shite.

However because of the train problems i ended up having 30 minutes to kill At Wigan Westage station. Ventured into the town and had a nice meat and potato pie.

I got sat next to a Stoke fan on one of the legs of the journey on his way to Preston. When he saw i was a Dale fan he said whenever Stoke are in a cup draw his motto is anyone but Rochdale. Ditto i said.

chips on 16:59 - Aug 19 with 3391 viewschalky_ncfc

Any better than Wilbutts?

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024