Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Second goal 08:01 - Aug 20 with 4292 views442Dale

Done knocks it on to Henderson after the initial header shown in the picture in the other thread. That’s when he’s offside.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Second goal on 08:49 - Aug 20 with 3576 viewssoulboy

Their number 20 looked level with him to me, but when Evans got their second they had a player on our goal line (without a number on his shirt) who was offside.
Second goal on 08:59 - Aug 20 with 3557 viewsTVOS1907

Second goal on 08:49 - Aug 20 by soulboy

Their number 20 looked level with him to me, but when Evans got their second they had a player on our goal line (without a number on his shirt) who was offside.

He wasn’t involved with any aspect of the goal and wasn’t interfering with any of our players, so under modern interpretation, his position on the goal line was irrelevant.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Second goal on 09:08 - Aug 20 with 3536 viewssoulboy

Second goal on 08:59 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

He wasn’t involved with any aspect of the goal and wasn’t interfering with any of our players, so under modern interpretation, his position on the goal line was irrelevant.

Not involved yet stood on the goal line?
Second goal on 09:23 - Aug 20 with 3500 viewsTVOS1907

Second goal on 09:08 - Aug 20 by soulboy

Not involved yet stood on the goal line?

If he’d have touched it or got in the way of a defender it would have been a different matter.

As it is, he had no influence on the goal.

That’s the modern interpretation and the officials were correct not to give him offside.

I’m sure if we look hard enough, we’ll find Dale scoring in similar circumstances.

Edit: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/

‘Offside Offence’ section . None of those things were the case.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 9:29]

Second goal on 09:57 - Aug 20 with 3423 viewsdownunder

Second goal on 09:23 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

If he’d have touched it or got in the way of a defender it would have been a different matter.

As it is, he had no influence on the goal.

That’s the modern interpretation and the officials were correct not to give him offside.

I’m sure if we look hard enough, we’ll find Dale scoring in similar circumstances.

Edit: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/

‘Offside Offence’ section . None of those things were the case.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 9:29]

Not agreeing, or disagreeing, but there is confusion, and probably always will be. It is about 6 years since I last did any referee course (and that was here in NZ!) but we were told to draw imaginary lines from each post, to the ball. If they were in that zone, beyond the last defender, blow for offside. Anybody a referee on here, with a more recent "instruction", I would like to know.
Second goal on 10:13 - Aug 20 with 3381 viewsTVOS1907

Second goal on 09:57 - Aug 20 by downunder

Not agreeing, or disagreeing, but there is confusion, and probably always will be. It is about 6 years since I last did any referee course (and that was here in NZ!) but we were told to draw imaginary lines from each post, to the ball. If they were in that zone, beyond the last defender, blow for offside. Anybody a referee on here, with a more recent "instruction", I would like to know.

There’s a semi-regular poster on here who will be able to give you the EXACT interpretation as it stands in 2018.

Second goal on 11:40 - Aug 20 with 3259 viewsdingdangblue

Even with Done involved it doesn't look a clear offside - certainly not clear enough to give at a highly critical moment in a game. Not sure why we are looking at reasons for our goals to be ruled out?

http://rs1358.pbsrc.com/albums/q772/dingdangblue/IMG_2338_zpslhytttff.png?w=480&

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Second goal on 12:18 - Aug 20 with 3184 viewsTVOS1907

Second goal on 11:40 - Aug 20 by dingdangblue

Even with Done involved it doesn't look a clear offside - certainly not clear enough to give at a highly critical moment in a game. Not sure why we are looking at reasons for our goals to be ruled out?

http://rs1358.pbsrc.com/albums/q772/dingdangblue/IMG_2338_zpslhytttff.png?w=480&

We aren’t but it’s worth remembering the next time the boot is on the other foot.

Login to get fewer ads

Second goal on 12:43 - Aug 20 with 3116 viewsjudd

Second goal on 12:18 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

We aren’t but it’s worth remembering the next time the boot is on the other foot.

Is that the fookin' offside rule now?

Jeez.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Second goal on 13:20 - Aug 20 with 3026 viewsdingdangblue

Second goal on 12:18 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

Peterborough look very strong here - but talking of decisions going your way there is a bizarre change of mind by ref Graham Salisbury when Rhys Bennett absolutely demolishes the Luton player for a pen (given then not given).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Second goal on 13:48 - Aug 20 with 2962 views442Dale

Second goal on 11:40 - Aug 20 by dingdangblue

I wasn’t, just said we got lucky with an offside call, which adds even more weight to a point we didn’t really deserve. It’s a plus that these things are going our way as last season we’d have probably picked up one point from similar games to Burton and Fleetwood, instead we have four.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Second goal on 14:10 - Aug 20 with 2904 viewsTVOS1907

Second goal on 12:43 - Aug 20 by judd

Is that the fookin' offside rule now?

Jeez.

Are you threatening me?

Second goal on 14:11 - Aug 20 with 2899 viewsjudd

Second goal on 14:10 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

Are you threatening me?

Yeah.

And be littling you.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Second goal on 14:13 - Aug 20 with 2894 viewsDaleiLama

Second goal on 14:10 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

Are you threatening me?

Abuse, abuse, abuse. Fight, fight, fight. Lol.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Second goal on 14:14 - Aug 20 with 2890 viewsTVOS1907

Second goal on 13:20 - Aug 20 by dingdangblue

Peterborough look very strong here - but talking of decisions going your way there is a bizarre change of mind by ref Graham Salisbury when Rhys Bennett absolutely demolishes the Luton player for a pen (given then not given).

Not bizarre at all.

It's obvious the linesman, who had a better view, told Salisbury that he thought Bennett had played the ball. The linesman also doesn't signal a penalty (which isn't the flag across the chest anymore, as one of the Match of the Day commentators seemed to think on Saturday).

Given Peterborough were already 3-0 up, it was hardly match-changing.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 14:22]

Second goal on 14:40 - Aug 20 with 2825 viewsdingdangblue

Second goal on 14:14 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

Not bizarre at all.

It's obvious the linesman, who had a better view, told Salisbury that he thought Bennett had played the ball. The linesman also doesn't signal a penalty (which isn't the flag across the chest anymore, as one of the Match of the Day commentators seemed to think on Saturday).

Given Peterborough were already 3-0 up, it was hardly match-changing.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 14:22]

I know the linesman would have said that but it's clearly a penalty (that's the bizarre bit) - the Luton player gets to the ball first then Bennett cleans them both out. You very rarely get away with wild challenges like that these days - even if you get some of the ball.

Second goal on 14:46 - Aug 20 with 2807 viewsTVOS1907

Second goal on 14:40 - Aug 20 by dingdangblue

I know the linesman would have said that but it's clearly a penalty (that's the bizarre bit) - the Luton player gets to the ball first then Bennett cleans them both out. You very rarely get away with wild challenges like that these days - even if you get some of the ball.

Without a better camera angle, I don't think it's clear at all.

Things will sort themselves out when we get VAR in League One...

Second goal on 14:53 - Aug 20 with 2791 viewsdawlishdale

Second goal on 14:46 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

It's a damn sight clearer than whether Henderson is stood offside (very marginal at best) for our second goal... but you won't be saying that will you?

Very clear penalty given away by Bennett. Posh dodged one there. And seeing as Luton scored in the 78th minute, having a penalty as well could very well have altered the whole outcome of the game.
Second goal on 14:57 - Aug 20 with 2773 viewsJimmyRustler

Second goal on 14:53 - Aug 20 by dawlishdale

It's a damn sight clearer than whether Henderson is stood offside (very marginal at best) for our second goal... but you won't be saying that will you?

Very clear penalty given away by Bennett. Posh dodged one there. And seeing as Luton scored in the 78th minute, having a penalty as well could very well have altered the whole outcome of the game.

Get ready for a lesson in chaos theory my man
Second goal on 15:09 - Aug 20 with 2739 viewsTVOS1907

Second goal on 14:53 - Aug 20 by dawlishdale

442 said Henderson was offside. I think it's difficult to be certain from the angle available.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 15:23]

Second goal on 15:25 - Aug 20 with 2709 viewsdingdangblue

Second goal on 14:46 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

Ok - football is all about opinions...regardless of what the ref and linesman disagreed on... looking at that footage - only angle available we can see - do you think it should have been a penalty?

Second goal on 15:29 - Aug 20 with 2698 viewsTVOS1907

Second goal on 15:25 - Aug 20 by dingdangblue

Ok - football is all about opinions...regardless of what the ref and linesman disagreed on... looking at that footage - only angle available we can see - do you think it should have been a penalty?

To be honest, I really can't decide. That's how difficult it is.

And as I said, it seems the linesman had a better angle than Salisbury; certainly Salisbury seems to think so.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 15:43]

Second goal on 16:19 - Aug 20 with 2612 viewsaleanddale

if you look in the book it was a goal Henderson 90+5.

ifs buts and maybes - we got one back on Saturday but no doubt we will be on the wrong end by season end.

That's football and what makes it so great..... felt like a winner on Saturday - get in.
Second goal on 16:31 - Aug 20 with 2583 viewsTVOS1907

Second goal on 16:19 - Aug 20 by aleanddale

if you look in the book it was a goal Henderson 90+5.

ifs buts and maybes - we got one back on Saturday but no doubt we will be on the wrong end by season end.

That's football and what makes it so great..... felt like a winner on Saturday - get in.

Absolutely, but there's always room for debate.

Second goal on 16:47 - Aug 20 with 2543 viewsTVOS1907

Graham Salisbury is the referee v Walsall on Saturday.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024