Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill on the radio 23:10 - Aug 21 with 16900 views442Dale

When will it ever stop? Yes there may have been some dissenting voices, as there are on here, but yet again there was as much support as you can expect tonight. Fans certainly didn’t appear overly critical during the game.

Edit: full clip in other thread. The problem here is how Dale supporters are going to be viewed in the media, Radio Manchester are obviously all over it. It’ll be the Ob next. Not necessary after a heavy defeat.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 23:20]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill on the radio on 23:22 - Aug 21 with 7629 viewsChaffRAFC

Don't normally agree with him on this sort of stuff but I can see where he is coming from on this one, thought the fans were particularly poor tonight. Was blatantly obvious the McGahey free kicks had been worked on in training but just didn't come off tonight and the whole thing with the Lillis sub was frankly embarrassing.

I'd be pissed off too if I was in his shoes tonight.

Sometimes, he's bang out of order with his comments, I don't think he is tonight.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hill on the radio on 23:24 - Aug 21 with 7590 viewsShun

Your second paragraph is really important. It happens every time Hill lambasts the fans, the local media outlets jump on it and make a big headline of it and Rochdale fans come across as ignorant buffoons. It could all be avoided by Hill speaking logically - ‘the vast majority of support is behind me, as always, but unfortunately a few booed my decisions tonight, here’s what I have to say to those few...’ Simple. Frustratingly so.
Hill on the radio on 23:27 - Aug 21 with 7553 viewsDareToCalvin

Completely agree with Keith about this tonight; where I was sat (main stand) the support was absolutely embarrassing. OBVIOUSLY Josh was carrying an injury. And same goes for when McGahey was taken off free kicks and a lot of people cheered. Disgraceful. He knows as well as anyone his free kicks were poor; what he doesn’t need is the crowd to cheer it; that will have completely shattered his confidence. I don’t know what some fans expect; we are a small club punching above our weight; punching harder every year; that Barnsley team were the best team I’ve ever seen play us in a league match in 15 years of watching Dale. They’ve bought players from Spain and France who were involved tonight, and what’s frightening is that team isn’t good enough for the championship. The standard increases every year and continuing to survive every year will become a bigger achievement each year. The players we lack; a creative midfielder and a goal scoring striker; are the players every team wants and they’re so hard to find; at Barrow Jordan Williams looked like that player but unfortunately he’s struggled to make the step up.
To the negative supporters: yes you are entitled to your own opinion of course but booing achieves nothing; the players aren’t stupid, they know they were poor and well beaten tonight, what they need is the fans to let them know they’re still behind them. In my opinion anyway.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 23:29]
Hill on the radio on 23:28 - Aug 21 with 7532 viewsSandyman

Hill on the radio on 23:22 - Aug 21 by ChaffRAFC

Don't normally agree with him on this sort of stuff but I can see where he is coming from on this one, thought the fans were particularly poor tonight. Was blatantly obvious the McGahey free kicks had been worked on in training but just didn't come off tonight and the whole thing with the Lillis sub was frankly embarrassing.

Sometimes, he's bang out of order with his comments, I don't think he is tonight.

What if you didn't realise Lillis was injured? Plenty didn't. The only reason Hill should be peed off tonight is because HIS team were woeful and destroyed. Anything else is a distraction from how weak HIS team were against quality opposition. .
Hill on the radio on 23:29 - Aug 21 with 7520 viewsrochdale_ranger

He is right tonight but let’s be honest if it was only one fella in the main stand booing the sub or bemoaning McGaheys free kicks he would of still jumped on it. No one wants Hill out and he knows that. Some things are better left unsaid.
Hill on the radio on 23:29 - Aug 21 with 7507 viewsTVOS1907

What annoys me is the generic references to 'supporters' when it's a minority.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill on the radio on 23:32 - Aug 21 with 7484 viewsDaleiLama

Hill on the radio on 23:28 - Aug 21 by Sandyman

What if you didn't realise Lillis was injured? Plenty didn't. The only reason Hill should be peed off tonight is because HIS team were woeful and destroyed. Anything else is a distraction from how weak HIS team were against quality opposition. .

Tbf he was holding his back

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hill on the radio on 23:33 - Aug 21 with 7473 viewsChaffRAFC

Hill on the radio on 23:28 - Aug 21 by Sandyman

Why isn't the assumption that he is injured?

My immediate thinking when Norman was waiting to come on was that Lillis must have picked up a knock. Said as much to the supporters around me. Why is it the assumption that Hill's taken off Lillis for "tactical" reasons. When do you ever see that in football?

Yes we were poor second half after the heads went down but I genuinely think I would feel the exact same way as Hill tonight and don't think he's out of order with his comments.

Login to get fewer ads

Hill on the radio on 23:33 - Aug 21 with 7454 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 23:32 - Aug 21 by DaleiLama

Tbf he was holding his back

And he had just been given a tablet and some water at a break in play a few minutes before he was subbed.

Hill on the radio on 23:34 - Aug 21 with 7449 views442Dale

Hill on the radio on 23:24 - Aug 21 by Shun

Your second paragraph is really important. It happens every time Hill lambasts the fans, the local media outlets jump on it and make a big headline of it and Rochdale fans come across as ignorant buffoons. It could all be avoided by Hill speaking logically - ‘the vast majority of support is behind me, as always, but unfortunately a few booed my decisions tonight, here’s what I have to say to those few...’ Simple. Frustratingly so.

That’s it. His point is a valid one. It’s the headline we will now face by mentioning about fans ringing the chairman to say they don’t want the manager. Unnecessary.

Hill on the radio on 23:34 - Aug 21 with 7444 viewsDaleiLama

Hill on the radio on 23:33 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

And he had just been given a tablet and some water at a break in play a few minutes before he was subbed.

He should have held out for a laptop

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hill on the radio on 23:36 - Aug 21 with 7422 viewsChaffRAFC

Hill on the radio on 23:29 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

What annoys me is the generic references to 'supporters' when it's a minority.

Normally when it's the one bloke behind him yeah, I agree, take it on the chin and man up a bit and take it for what it's worth. The booing tonight for the substitution was a lot louder, as was the cheering for McGahey being taken off free kicks. Not the usual couple of main standers moaning.

Hill on the radio on 23:41 - Aug 21 with 7366 views442Dale

Hill on the radio on 23:36 - Aug 21 by ChaffRAFC

Normally when it's the one bloke behind him yeah, I agree, take it on the chin and man up a bit and take it for what it's worth. The booing tonight for the substitution was a lot louder, as was the cheering for McGahey being taken off free kicks. Not the usual couple of main standers moaning.

Yeah, the ironic cheering was really poor. Mention it by all means, but by mentioning his own position it becomes this:

Hill on the radio on 23:42 - Aug 21 with 7350 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 23:36 - Aug 21 by ChaffRAFC

It's still a minority of the whole crowd, though, Chaff.

Hill on the radio on 23:46 - Aug 21 with 7310 viewsChaffRAFC

Hill on the radio on 23:42 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

Absolutely, but when it was as loud as that, it probably didn't feel like that.

Hill on the radio on 23:48 - Aug 21 with 7291 viewssweetcorn

Hill on the radio on 23:27 - Aug 21 by DareToCalvin

Completely agree with Keith about this tonight; where I was sat (main stand) the support was absolutely embarrassing. OBVIOUSLY Josh was carrying an injury. And same goes for when McGahey was taken off free kicks and a lot of people cheered. Disgraceful. He knows as well as anyone his free kicks were poor; what he doesn’t need is the crowd to cheer it; that will have completely shattered his confidence. I don’t know what some fans expect; we are a small club punching above our weight; punching harder every year; that Barnsley team were the best team I’ve ever seen play us in a league match in 15 years of watching Dale. They’ve bought players from Spain and France who were involved tonight, and what’s frightening is that team isn’t good enough for the championship. The standard increases every year and continuing to survive every year will become a bigger achievement each year. The players we lack; a creative midfielder and a goal scoring striker; are the players every team wants and they’re so hard to find; at Barrow Jordan Williams looked like that player but unfortunately he’s struggled to make the step up.
To the negative supporters: yes you are entitled to your own opinion of course but booing achieves nothing; the players aren’t stupid, they know they were poor and well beaten tonight, what they need is the fans to let them know they’re still behind them. In my opinion anyway.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 23:29]

Erm, we already have a goalscoring striker, he’s called ian henderson and is being played in midfield.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Hill on the radio on 23:53 - Aug 21 with 7245 viewsDalenet

Hill on the radio on 23:42 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

Agree. Yet again it has to be blown out of all proportion. No fans of any club want their team to be thrashed as well as we were tonight. Thank god there was some emotion in the crowd somewhere because I was left speechless. We have increased the playing budget by 30% and brought in new players that we are not seeing. Barnsley were awesome tonight but we just didn't look up for it after the first 30 minutes. Doesn't feel like we are any stronger than last season
Hill on the radio on 00:14 - Aug 22 with 7131 viewsBobbyjoe

Many people, myself included, just couldn't see the logic of a centre-half taking attacking free-kicks. It's just obtuse! I don't recall seeing any other team do it. He had already taken two, and over-hit them both out of play. Why is he being given duties which are almost certainly beyond his capabilities, and certainly don't highlight his strengths. If he's capable of whipping a vicious ball into the box, why, with no disrespect to them, is he a centre-half. I didn't feel the cheer was sarcastic, just an involuntary approval of the duty being handed to a more creative player. McGahey shouldn't be put in that position.
Hill on the radio on 00:21 - Aug 22 with 7103 viewskiwidale

I voted that up by mistake I completely disagree with your post I found hills comments ridicules.

This is not the time for bickering.

Hill on the radio on 00:22 - Aug 22 with 7102 viewsmikehunt

From the Sandy I wasn’t aware Lillis was injured and, although I didn’t boo, the cynic in me thought he was being substituted because of the stories about Prem team loanees demanding game time. Perhaps that was the general consensus that led to the booing. And quite right if that had been the case.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Hill on the radio on 00:26 - Aug 22 with 7082 viewsD_Alien

Hill on the radio on 00:14 - Aug 22 by Bobbyjoe

Many people, myself included, just couldn't see the logic of a centre-half taking attacking free-kicks. It's just obtuse! I don't recall seeing any other team do it. He had already taken two, and over-hit them both out of play. Why is he being given duties which are almost certainly beyond his capabilities, and certainly don't highlight his strengths. If he's capable of whipping a vicious ball into the box, why, with no disrespect to them, is he a centre-half. I didn't feel the cheer was sarcastic, just an involuntary approval of the duty being handed to a more creative player. McGahey shouldn't be put in that position.

Precisely

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill on the radio on 00:31 - Aug 22 with 7052 viewsJames1980

Hill on the radio on 00:26 - Aug 22 by D_Alien

Precisely

How do we know in training McGahey hasn't been impressing with his dead ball skills?

Sounds like this was the case
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 0:37]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hill on the radio on 00:40 - Aug 22 with 7008 viewskiwidale

Hill on the radio on 00:31 - Aug 22 by James1980

How do we know in training McGahey hasn't been impressing with his dead ball skills?

Sounds like this was the case
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 0:37]

I love your posts James but think of it this way in training our attack plays our defence. How do you think that works out? my guess is its a bit 50/50 our attack against our defence will look like a team of Messi's and our defenders against our attackers will look like world beaters.

This is not the time for bickering.

Hill on the radio on 00:41 - Aug 22 with 7004 viewsDale92

Hill on the radio on 00:14 - Aug 22 by Bobbyjoe

Luiz takes them for Chelsea, seem Ramos take them for madrid to name the ones i came remember at half 12. Centre backs are more than capable of taking them if they have technique, wasnt there so cant comment.

But we all know Hilly isnt going to change his opinion of the certain fans,hopefully well change this formation espicially at home we need more further up the pitch, press and pace hopefully the loan market mighy come to our aid....maybe even 433 at home.

Like a fellow poster said times have changed in football in terms of finances espicially in this division with teams coming down with what was considered premier league level tv and prize money about 10 years ago. I had Barnsley to go up and its clear why, they work on a different finicial plain to us, that doesnt mean we cant put up a fight, sounds like we didnt tonight. In Hilly we trust...we have too

This is the One, I've waited for

Hill on the radio on 00:46 - Aug 22 with 6989 viewsJames1980

Hill on the radio on 00:40 - Aug 22 by kiwidale

I love your posts James but think of it this way in training our attack plays our defence. How do you think that works out? my guess is its a bit 50/50 our attack against our defence will look like a team of Messi's and our defenders against our attackers will look like world beaters.

Thank you 😀. Surely a dead ball scenario is slightly different though. Perhaps Harrison has been taking Ronaldoesque free kicks in training.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024