Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russ Green 13:08 - Aug 22 with 3744 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/august/statement--russ-green_august-2018

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Russ Green on 13:22 - Aug 22 with 3673 viewsfitzochris

Hopefully the club can find an appropriate replacement sooner rather than later.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Russ Green on 13:25 - Aug 22 with 3644 viewsjudd

Russ Green on 13:22 - Aug 22 by fitzochris

Hopefully the club can find an appropriate replacement sooner rather than later.

I expect that he has had to take another job outside of football.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Russ Green on 13:28 - Aug 22 with 3622 viewsColDale

A real shame that it's come to this.

Can't comment on what went on at Hartlepool but Russ was a thoroughly decent bloke to work with. He had genuine desires to improve all aspects of things at Spotland and there was never a "well we've always done it that way with him". He always had time for us at the Trust , and as I've probably already said, a half hour meeting with him would routinely last two hours. I'd been hoping that his appeal would have been successful and he'd have returned to the club asap.
Russ Green on 13:42 - Aug 22 with 3541 viewsmacro

Unfortunately I could only see this as an outcome, regardless of appeal you can't have a stand in with no experience running the place. Best decision for everyone shame though.
Russ Green on 14:47 - Aug 22 with 3333 viewsD_Alien

It's never been more apparent what a key role the CEO plays at a club, and with our limited resources even more so. The next appointment will be crucial to the wellbeing of all things Dale

It's ridiculous given that we're in probably the best financial position we've ever been in that there's somehow a sense of unease from within the club and it's relationship with supporters. Whether this is contributing to the "product" on the pitch is something of an unknown, but we all saw how the entire Dale community came together at the end of 90+10 minutes last May, so there's no lack of willingness on the part of supporters. It's difficult now to use the "great product on the pitch" line that RG used when he started the ST initiatives, so fresh ideas are required

I wish RG all the best for the future
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 14:50]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Russ Green on 15:10 - Aug 22 with 3263 viewsDaleiLama

Russ Green on 13:28 - Aug 22 by ColDale

A real shame that it's come to this.

Can't comment on what went on at Hartlepool but Russ was a thoroughly decent bloke to work with. He had genuine desires to improve all aspects of things at Spotland and there was never a "well we've always done it that way with him". He always had time for us at the Trust , and as I've probably already said, a half hour meeting with him would routinely last two hours. I'd been hoping that his appeal would have been successful and he'd have returned to the club asap.

I had cause to contact him twice and he was a gentleman both times whilst being extremely supportive to me personally. What's more, he was able to see the bigger picture and seemed to be a transformative force for the club, although Rome was never going to be built in a day with RAFC.

He also seemed to be very much a man of the people without adopting any stuffy aloofness that he may have thought his position entitled him to. If not the instigator, I believe he was hands on in doling out "brews to the queues" for the Wembley replay tickets too.

In my view, he achieved a lot in a short time and I also sense that this will be a big loss for the club. I hope we can find a replacement of similar calibre and wish Russ all the best with his next venture.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Russ Green on 15:31 - Aug 22 with 3180 viewsdawlishdale

I hope that Russ gets to see this thread, and is made aware of the warmth of feeling towards him from pretty much every supporter.

In my dealings with him; he has been brilliant. A breath of fresh air at the football club, and he will be very difficult to follow,.

All the best Russ.
Russ Green on 16:02 - Aug 22 with 3093 viewsmingthemerciless

I know all the people he dealt with at Hornets liked and respected him. Just saying.
Login to get fewer ads

Russ Green on 16:32 - Aug 22 with 3002 viewsPotterDale

Russ Green on 13:22 - Aug 22 by fitzochris

Maybe we already have a replacement lined up?
Russ Green on 17:04 - Aug 22 with 2907 viewskiwidale

I agree with the sentiments already expressed and add the decision to ban him from all football for 12 months was scandalous the length of ban was grossly excessive. I'm convinced the appeal would have been successful. Russ Green acknowledged his mistake and took responsibility for his part in whatever happened at Hartlepool it seems from my limited knowledge that Russ Greene was made the scapegoat. Hartlepool United got a slap on the wrist their new owners pointing fingers everywhere but at Hartlepool United. I wish Russ Green all the best in the future he deserved better from all accounts he is a genuinely nice guy.

This is not the time for bickering.

Russ Green on 17:06 - Aug 22 with 2895 viewsblackdogblue

I too have had some e mail & conversations with him, genuine nice sincere guy & wish him well.

However, I will be the first to say this:

I smell a big fat rat here 🐀🐀🐀

Club was 100% behind him one minute, was he falling on the sword or has he been watching our last 2 home games, on a serious note, not good...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Russ Green on 17:26 - Aug 22 with 2830 viewskiwidale

Russ Green on 17:06 - Aug 22 by blackdogblue

I too have had some e mail & conversations with him, genuine nice sincere guy & wish him well.

However, I will be the first to say this:

I smell a big fat rat here 🐀🐀🐀

Club was 100% behind him one minute, was he falling on the sword or has he been watching our last 2 home games, on a serious note, not good...

Im not sure there is a rat here but what seems strange is the timing of his resignation before the appeal had been heard. If Russ has got better things then good luck to him but leaves me wondering if his appeal will still happen?

This is not the time for bickering.

Russ Green on 21:42 - Aug 22 with 2524 viewsTappers

Who do we have that can commit full time and beyond to take over ??
Russ Green on 21:50 - Aug 22 with 2489 viewsbazingadale

Wasted my money on my Green Out banner.
Russ Green on 22:05 - Aug 22 with 2464 viewsD_Alien

Russ Green on 21:50 - Aug 22 by bazingadale

Wasted my money on my Green Out banner.

You could use it at Gay Pride this weekend?

Russ Green on 22:06 - Aug 22 with 2454 viewsbazingadale

Russ Green on 22:05 - Aug 22 by D_Alien

Is there meant to be a joke there somewhere?
Russ Green on 22:07 - Aug 22 with 2454 viewsD_Alien

Russ Green on 22:06 - Aug 22 by bazingadale

Is there meant to be a joke there somewhere?

No, i'm serious

Russ Green on 22:08 - Aug 22 with 2445 viewsroccydaleian

Russ Green on 22:05 - Aug 22 by D_Alien

I don’t think 1mark1 is gay.....
Only kidding Mark.
Russ Green on 15:26 - Aug 23 with 2166 viewsPotterDale

Russ Green on 21:42 - Aug 22 by Tappers

Who do we have that can commit full time and beyond to take over ??

Do you mean "someone that can commit full time and beyond to take over"?
If so I'd say yes
Russ Green on 18:42 - Aug 23 with 1997 viewsTappers

Who would you want
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024