Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager comments 08:14 - Aug 23 with 2578 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

"I'll take responsibility for that performance and I'll look at what I've done and be brave enough to say that. What I need is some of the players brave enough to say that.

"If the fans want to boo me, I'm fine with that. I can't complain about it or say they're unjustified in doing it.

"I'll be man enough to stand outside there and try and turn this thing around."

Gary Rowett, Stoke City.

What a refreshing change!
Manager comments on 08:22 - Aug 23 with 2548 viewsDaleFan7

A manager taking some responsibility, well I never.
Manager comments on 09:14 - Aug 23 with 2460 viewsEllDale

I might ring his chairman to ask him to compliment his manager.
Manager comments on 09:29 - Aug 23 with 2425 viewsdingdangblue

Nathan Jones at Luton too!

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2018/august/nathan-jones-on-the-3-1-defeat-to-p

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Manager comments on 09:42 - Aug 23 with 2395 viewsEllDale

Jones is only a young manager though in his first season at this level.
He'll learn to throw up a smokescreen about budgets etc as he goes along.
Really loved that song by the Supremes about him as well.
Manager comments on 11:01 - Aug 23 with 2293 viewsSandyman

And Nick Daws at Scunny after a thrashing. “We conceded some terrible goals through bad individual and bad team defending, and that’s cost us. There’s no hiding place from it, it’s simply not acceptable,” Daws told iFollow Iron and goes on to say..
“I can understand the supporters’ frustration at us taking off a striker and bringing another one on, but there was a legitimate reason for that, and it’s my responsibility to also look after the team’s wellbeing when necessary.”
Understanding supporters' frustration? What's all that about eh? We won't put up with any of that nonsense here.
https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2018/august/daws-post-fleetwood-h/
Manager comments on 11:57 - Aug 23 with 2209 viewsdalenumber2

Hill should take some tips from these managers. It's ridiculous that the board continues to let him get away with his media performances. Better, more positive, communication with the fans and less arrogance would also help to explain Hill's (often questionable) tactics and leave him less open to criticism.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 11:58]
Manager comments on 12:52 - Aug 23 with 2090 viewsDaleFan7

Manager comments on 11:57 - Aug 23 by dalenumber2

Hill should take some tips from these managers. It's ridiculous that the board continues to let him get away with his media performances. Better, more positive, communication with the fans and less arrogance would also help to explain Hill's (often questionable) tactics and leave him less open to criticism.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 11:58]

It has been the same for years with him though, though I don't remember him being like this when he first started as a manager, with the club and fans that give him and chance and continue to support him 10+ years on.

If you aren't happy with a budget given then don't do the job. If you do, then don't use it as an excuse every time someone with a higher wage bill beats you.

His attitude towards fans that have been here longer than he has and will be here long after he's gone and constant, it's everybody's fault but mine is one of the reasons I've never warmed to him. What he's done for the club is undeniable and unless our football league status was hanging by a thread I'd never call for him to be sacked. Having said that, it wouldn't bother me one bit if he decided to leave for another club.
Manager comments on 13:28 - Aug 23 with 1998 viewsrochdaleriddler

Manager comments on 12:52 - Aug 23 by DaleFan7

It has been the same for years with him though, though I don't remember him being like this when he first started as a manager, with the club and fans that give him and chance and continue to support him 10+ years on.

If you aren't happy with a budget given then don't do the job. If you do, then don't use it as an excuse every time someone with a higher wage bill beats you.

His attitude towards fans that have been here longer than he has and will be here long after he's gone and constant, it's everybody's fault but mine is one of the reasons I've never warmed to him. What he's done for the club is undeniable and unless our football league status was hanging by a thread I'd never call for him to be sacked. Having said that, it wouldn't bother me one bit if he decided to leave for another club.

#metoo

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024