Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we Ever..... 16:46 - Aug 25 with 4323 viewsdavidab2202

Lost our first 3 League games at Home before ????
Have we Ever..... on 18:05 - Aug 25 with 3442 viewsTVOS1907

No. The closest we have come are:

1934/35 - the first four home league games were LDLL

1946/47 - the first four home league games were LLDL

1984/85 - the first five home league games were LLDLL

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Have we Ever..... on 18:25 - Aug 25 with 3353 viewsjudd

Have we Ever..... on 18:05 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

No. The closest we have come are:

1934/35 - the first four home league games were LDLL

1946/47 - the first four home league games were LLDL

1984/85 - the first five home league games were LLDLL

Why are you writing in Welsh?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Have we Ever..... on 18:47 - Aug 25 with 3290 viewskiwidale

Have we Ever..... on 18:25 - Aug 25 by judd

ha ha

This is not the time for bickering.

Have we Ever..... on 18:57 - Aug 25 with 3242 viewsTVOS1907

Have we Ever..... on 18:25 - Aug 25 by judd

It doesn't sound as bad in another language.

Have we Ever..... on 19:22 - Aug 25 with 3166 viewsJames1980

Did any managers get their marching orders after any of those runs?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Have we Ever..... on 19:27 - Aug 25 with 3136 viewsnordenblue

Have we Ever..... on 19:22 - Aug 25 by James1980

To sack ANY manager after just 3 home defeats is pretty foolish, granted we seem this season to have picked up from where we left off for the majority of last season.

I personally decided to work today instead such was my pleasure at recent happenings at the club it seems a far better option at the minute
Have we Ever..... on 19:31 - Aug 25 with 3124 viewsTVOS1907

Have we Ever..... on 19:22 - Aug 25 by James1980

Vic Halom didn't in 1984.

Someone like BigKindo will know about the other seasons.

Have we Ever..... on 21:27 - Aug 25 with 2987 viewsSandyman

So, it's our worst home start ever.
Login to get fewer ads

Have we Ever..... on 21:36 - Aug 25 with 2967 viewsJames1980

Have we Ever..... on 21:27 - Aug 25 by Sandyman

Worse of the first 3 if we win the next we will beat the points tally of those mentioned above

Have we Ever..... on 21:57 - Aug 25 with 2921 viewsSandyman

Have we Ever..... on 21:36 - Aug 25 by James1980

Worse of the first 3 if we win the next we will beat the points tally of those mentioned above

As it stands, worst home start. Ever.
Have we Ever..... on 22:00 - Aug 25 with 2913 viewsJames1980

Have we Ever..... on 21:57 - Aug 25 by Sandyman

You. Forgot. The. Obligatory. Full. Stops.

Have we Ever..... on 22:10 - Aug 25 with 2890 viewsdingdangblue

Before Camps scored today we conceded 10 consecutive goals to the opposition at home - this too must be a record!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Have we Ever..... on 22:14 - Aug 25 with 2880 viewsTVOS1907

Have we Ever..... on 22:10 - Aug 25 by dingdangblue

Before Camps scored today we conceded 10 consecutive goals to the opposition at home - this too must be a record!

Good question.

Close but no cigar is Dec-Feb 2016/17, with Ivan Toney scoring for Shrewsbury, followed by 4-0 defeats to Oxford and Huddersfield.

The next Spotland goal was scored by Niall Canavan.

Have we Ever..... on 22:31 - Aug 25 with 2846 viewsdingdangblue

Have we Ever..... on 22:14 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

Good question.

Close but no cigar is Dec-Feb 2016/17, with Ivan Toney scoring for Shrewsbury, followed by 4-0 defeats to Oxford and Huddersfield.

I should've said 'in league games' 😉

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Have we Ever..... on 22:54 - Aug 25 with 2806 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Have we Ever..... on 21:27 - Aug 25 by Sandyman

Great, KH deflected the question about Slow Starts at the Fans Forum......
Have we Ever..... on 08:08 - Aug 26 with 2660 viewspioneer

in 1931-2 season we went 4-2-1 in the first 7 home games and then lost every remaining home game (13 in a row)...if that wasnt bad enough we also lost 16 (yes sixteen) away games in a row. I bet the chairmans mobile was red hot that season.
Have we Ever..... on 08:33 - Aug 26 with 2627 viewsdingdangblue

Have we Ever..... on 22:14 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

Good question.

Just realised - that's only 9.

Have we Ever..... on 08:51 - Aug 26 with 2603 viewsTVOS1907

Have we Ever..... on 08:33 - Aug 26 by dingdangblue

Just realised - that's only 9.

I know.

That’s why I said, “close but no cigar”, as in “close to ten but not quite ten”.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 9:01]

Have we Ever..... on 09:17 - Aug 26 with 2554 viewsdingdangblue

Have we Ever..... on 08:51 - Aug 26 by TVOS1907

I know.

That’s why I said, “close but no cigar”, as in “close to ten but not quite ten”.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 9:01]

Ah yes - just seen the 'is'.

Have we Ever..... on 16:26 - Aug 26 with 2328 viewsChaffRAFC

Have we Ever..... on 21:57 - Aug 25 by Sandyman

Against the team top of the league with a 100% record, averaging three goals a game and a team who came down from the Championship who were the best side I've seen at Spotland for many years in addition to yesterdays opponents who also happen to be unbeaten with four wins out of five.

Again, as I pointed out on Tuesday, we are four points better off than we were at this point last season.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Have we Ever..... on 16:44 - Aug 26 with 2289 views442Dale

Have we Ever..... on 16:26 - Aug 26 by ChaffRAFC

Against the team top of the league with a 100% record, averaging three goals a game and a team who came down from the Championship who were the best side I've seen at Spotland for many years in addition to yesterdays opponents who also happen to be unbeaten with four wins out of five.

Again, as I pointed out on Tuesday, we are four points better off than we were at this point last season.

It really has been a tough start and the results themselves shouldn’t be a really massive concern when you look at who we’ve played. Unfortunately the problems, which are growing every game, are what we are doing within those games; making the same avoidable mistakes on and off the pitch are the real worry.

(We’re only a point better off! We drew three out of the first five last season)

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Have we Ever..... on 16:47 - Aug 26 with 2280 viewsDaleiLama

The perspective is spot on but the way we lost a winnable game on Saturday is the concern for me. I wasn't upset about Barnsley. I was after Walsall.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Have we Ever..... on 17:11 - Aug 26 with 2225 viewsJimmyRustler

Barnsley were indeed very good but it's performances not results that are worrying. Peterborough were also pretty good but in years gone by, we wouldn't have lost games like that. I don't care where Walsall were/are in the league, they were garbage on Saturday and we should have steamrolled them.

I remember that after Burton, some on here remarked that with the style of play, we are gonna score a lot of goals but are likely to concede a fair few as well. At least they got one prediction right...
Have we Ever..... on 17:14 - Aug 26 with 2215 viewsfitzochris

Have we Ever..... on 16:47 - Aug 26 by DaleiLama

The perspective is spot on but the way we lost a winnable game on Saturday is the concern for me. I wasn't upset about Barnsley. I was after Walsall.

And that’s it in a nutshell. It was easy to dismiss after Barnsley and Peterborough because of what the opposition did well.

We made the exact same mistakes against Walsall, with the same inflexible system, but because of the opposition, which most folk realistically expect to have taken something from, it was perhaps more glaringly obvious.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 17:15]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Have we Ever..... on 17:27 - Aug 26 with 2181 viewsShun

Have we Ever..... on 17:11 - Aug 26 by JimmyRustler

Barnsley were indeed very good but it's performances not results that are worrying. Peterborough were also pretty good but in years gone by, we wouldn't have lost games like that. I don't care where Walsall were/are in the league, they were garbage on Saturday and we should have steamrolled them.

I remember that after Burton, some on here remarked that with the style of play, we are gonna score a lot of goals but are likely to concede a fair few as well. At least they got one prediction right...

I was one of the ones who made the ‘score loads and concede loads’ prediction. That was based on a wide open game with entertaining attacking football that was expansive to the point it left ourselves vulnerable at the back. I haven’t seen us play like that since Burton.

I think it’s something I alluded to last night - we now play a 541 as opposed to a 532 which proved successful in the latter half of last season. Wilbraham’s up front alone and Henderson’s in midfield, both of which are very ineffective.

It’s also worth noting that both of our goals at Burton came from attacking with real pace and people bombing forwards. Our play now is so slow that I can’t see us scoring goals like that anymore.

I agree to an extent with Chaff’s post, we have had a really difficult start (4 of our 5 opponents are in the top 6), but Walsall were bloody rubbish. A couple of seasons ago we would’ve won that 4-0. And as frustrating as that is, it’s worrying that the only reason we lost is because of a defensive mistake. If we’re gifting goals to teams who don’t even look like scoring then teams are going to see us as an easy target.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024