Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury game 10:49 - Sep 4 with 20096 viewssweetcorn

Whats the entrance costs for tonight’s game?

EDIT: Just seen the other thread.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 10:51]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bury game on 11:25 - Sep 4 with 8365 viewselectricblue

£10 pp

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Bury game on 15:01 - Sep 4 with 8103 viewsaleanddale

Bury game on 11:25 - Sep 4 by electricblue

£10 pp

£5 kids

are we 19.45 ko?
Bury game on 15:38 - Sep 4 with 8032 viewsSandyman

Bury game on 15:01 - Sep 4 by aleanddale

£5 kids

are we 19.45 ko?

19:45 it is.
Bury game on 15:42 - Sep 4 with 8020 viewsyumyum

Never ever been to a game in this compettion (even when we were in the third tier).Complete waste of time.Even seeing Hudds in the Wembley final would not tempt me.Im also getting the same way now about the League cup.And the way the FA Cup is also going,i dont suppose i will keep an intrest in that either.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 15:46]
Bury game on 15:46 - Sep 4 with 8014 viewsEllDale

I agree that it's a pain in the opening rounds.
The rewards for getting to Wembley are presumably good though and the day out would be fantastic.
Bury game on 15:49 - Sep 4 with 8007 viewsyumyum

No need for group games really in this competition.According to a near neighbour,Bury are making 8 changes from saturday.Nice to see a team take the competition serious,not.
Bury game on 15:56 - Sep 4 with 7989 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bury game on 15:49 - Sep 4 by yumyum

No need for group games really in this competition.According to a near neighbour,Bury are making 8 changes from saturday.Nice to see a team take the competition serious,not.

It's money to smaller clubs like us though Yummer,we ain't got the backers like Hoyle that you lot have at HD1........

We got to make the most of slim pickins.
Bury game on 16:33 - Sep 4 with 7921 viewsyumyum

Clubs have been known to LOSE money staging the game in the group games of this comp.
Login to get fewer ads

Bury game on 16:35 - Sep 4 with 7920 viewsEllDale

Group games justify the inclusion of the under 21 teams I suppose.
Bury game on 16:38 - Sep 4 with 7909 viewsyumyum

Bury game on 15:46 - Sep 4 by EllDale

I agree that it's a pain in the opening rounds.
The rewards for getting to Wembley are presumably good though and the day out would be fantastic.

A fantastic day out being ripped off for every penny you have?Thats Wembley for you.
Bury game on 16:38 - Sep 4 with 7906 viewsyumyum

Cant get a pie cheaper than 8 quid in the stadium.
Bury game on 16:46 - Sep 4 with 7882 views1907

Bury game on 16:33 - Sep 4 by yumyum

Clubs have been known to LOSE money staging the game in the group games of this comp.

10 grand per win plus gate receipts last season? Don’t think you have any idea what you’re talking about pal. This competition has changed drastically in recent years.
Bury game on 16:48 - Sep 4 with 7876 viewsEllDale

Won't be eating pies at Wembley.
I see that Huddersfield are trying to take over their stadium to "maximise matchday revenue streams".
ie grab as much as they can from the catering before they go down
Bury game on 16:56 - Sep 4 with 7851 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Regionalising the groups helps with generating income......the other factor is letting the fans & manager see players who otherwise might be frozen out.........big opportunity for fringe players to make a claim.
Bury game on 17:12 - Sep 4 with 7802 viewsyumyum

Bury game on 16:46 - Sep 4 by 1907

10 grand per win plus gate receipts last season? Don’t think you have any idea what you’re talking about pal. This competition has changed drastically in recent years.

It has changed then, but what if you lose all 3 games?Not much then.
Bury game on 17:14 - Sep 4 with 7799 viewsyumyum

Catering would just be a small part.Concerts etc would maximise the most.
Bury game on 17:35 - Sep 4 with 7738 viewsaleanddale

Bury game on 17:14 - Sep 4 by yumyum

Catering would just be a small part.Concerts etc would maximise the most.

BL9?

prize money not to be sniffed at and the latter stages it will get interesting.

Personally, looking forward to it against big bollocks bury.
Bury game on 17:38 - Sep 4 with 7731 viewsyumyum

Bury game on 17:35 - Sep 4 by aleanddale

BL9?

prize money not to be sniffed at and the latter stages it will get interesting.

Personally, looking forward to it against big bollocks bury.

I could never get interested in the competition.Maybe its just me.Just gets in the way of the real aim which was promotion.Needless injuries in a comp like this could have potentially hampered a promotion.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 17:41]
Bury game on 17:43 - Sep 4 with 7708 viewsColDale

Historically, getting Bury at home was the worst draw the club financially could have. Was the only fixture that would require Police, bringing a bill far outweighing the crowd receipts.

I believe the money to be made from the competition justifies the competition. Accy's Andy Holt has been very vocal about it.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Bury game on 18:02 - Sep 4 with 7644 viewsyumyum

At least the 2nd tier realized the Zenith Data never worked out,low crowds etc,and scrapped it.Personally,id be happy just with the Fa Cup (alongside the league of course).At least make other competitions optional if keeping them.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 18:05]
Bury game on 18:09 - Sep 4 with 7618 viewsMolly

Bury game on 15:42 - Sep 4 by yumyum

Never ever been to a game in this compettion (even when we were in the third tier).Complete waste of time.Even seeing Hudds in the Wembley final would not tempt me.Im also getting the same way now about the League cup.And the way the FA Cup is also going,i dont suppose i will keep an intrest in that either.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 15:46]

Well that should save you a bob or two then.
Bury game on 18:27 - Sep 4 with 7549 viewsyumyum

Wont save me nowt.Just goes on the family.It isnt the money really,its just that the competitions are becoming 2nd rate with teams playing scratch squads etc.In the 70's for example,if a small club drew lets say Liverpool,you were guaranteed to see the Liverpool first team (barring an injury of course),but now it would be a mix of kids etc.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 18:30]
Bury game on 18:46 - Sep 4 with 7487 viewsShun

I’m not the least bit interested in it as a competition but I appreciate it’s a nice little money-spinner, so I’m glad Hill takes it seriously. The only thing that could tempt me even slightly about tonight is seeing Clough’s debut and more of Adshead.
Bury game on 18:48 - Sep 4 with 7484 viewsArthurDaley

Bury game on 15:56 - Sep 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

It's money to smaller clubs like us though Yummer,we ain't got the backers like Hoyle that you lot have at HD1........

We got to make the most of slim pickins.

Slim Pickins, cowboy, here he is in Blazing saddles.

A large VAT Dave

Bury game on 18:51 - Sep 4 with 7472 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bury game on 18:46 - Sep 4 by Shun

I’m not the least bit interested in it as a competition but I appreciate it’s a nice little money-spinner, so I’m glad Hill takes it seriously. The only thing that could tempt me even slightly about tonight is seeing Clough’s debut and more of Adshead.

They are both starting!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024