Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Life is fab 17:56 - Sep 6 with 2264 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sat outside, drinking a moorhouses Pendle witches brew (4.9% ) from Tesco miggy. Reduced to 80 p ( loads left) the sun is shining, the plants are still growing. Isn’t the start of autumn great, oh and someone has just paid me £70 for two hours of chatting about bed linen

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Life is fab on 18:08 - Sep 6 with 2231 viewsnordenblue

Had a pint of that over the weekend whilst staying near the Trough of Boland,a decent sup in a stunning location for a weekend away. Good stuff
Life is fab on 18:20 - Sep 6 with 2200 viewsrochdaleriddler

Life is fab on 18:08 - Sep 6 by nordenblue

Had a pint of that over the weekend whilst staying near the Trough of Boland,a decent sup in a stunning location for a weekend away. Good stuff

Sounds good

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Life is fab on 19:30 - Sep 6 with 2082 viewsD_Alien

Decent pint, i'm on Manchester Brewery Pale Ale as we speak after a very interesting meeting at MMU school of art regarding the forthcoming Manchester Declaration on how art can be introduced into the health & social care agenda

Now, about the bed linen - were you talking dirty?

Edit: and yep, life is fab!

[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 19:30]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Life is fab on 19:39 - Sep 6 with 2055 viewsTVOS1907

According to Opus, Life is Life...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Life is fab on 19:45 - Sep 6 with 2032 views442Dale

Forrest Gump’s seminar on life is a good listen.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Life is fab on 19:51 - Sep 6 with 2024 viewsDaleiLama

Life is fab on 19:39 - Sep 6 by TVOS1907

According to Opus, Life is Life...

Just paid €10 For two beers, a dish of crisps and a jug of chilled water. But it was overlooking the harbour in Chania after a 3.5 hour boat trip which was finished off with fruit and Raki and the sun was going down and it would have been cheap at twice the price. Tea wasn't bad either. Swam with an octopus then ate one

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Life is fab on 19:53 - Sep 6 with 2017 viewsMoonyDale

Life is fab on 19:30 - Sep 6 by D_Alien

Decent pint, i'm on Manchester Brewery Pale Ale as we speak after a very interesting meeting at MMU school of art regarding the forthcoming Manchester Declaration on how art can be introduced into the health & social care agenda

On the mental health side of things there are some good art projects the patient can get involved in if they so wish, or there were a few years back....with the cuts to funding these may have fallen by the wayside though..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Life is fab on 20:05 - Sep 6 with 1983 viewsD_Alien

Life is fab on 19:53 - Sep 6 by MoonyDale

On the mental health side of things there are some good art projects the patient can get involved in if they so wish, or there were a few years back....with the cuts to funding these may have fallen by the wayside though..

Got talking with some therapists who're running a pilot scheme at MRI and there's hope (maybe Hope too?) that it'll become part of the agenda since much of it was cut. There's a lot of work to do in convincing those with their mitts on funding that a little will go a long way in terms of self-esteem, which often lies at the root of mental health issues

All I can say right now is the Manchester region is leading the way, and there's a lot of good people, hard-headed too, who can see the wider picture in terms of preventative work and convinced that more than just treating disease when it occurs is the key to future healthcare

Login to get fewer ads

Life is fab on 20:21 - Sep 6 with 1925 viewsMoonyDale

Life is fab on 20:05 - Sep 6 by D_Alien

Got talking with some therapists who're running a pilot scheme at MRI and there's hope (maybe Hope too?) that it'll become part of the agenda since much of it was cut. There's a lot of work to do in convincing those with their mitts on funding that a little will go a long way in terms of self-esteem, which often lies at the root of mental health issues

All I can say right now is the Manchester region is leading the way, and there's a lot of good people, hard-headed too, who can see the wider picture in terms of preventative work and convinced that more than just treating disease when it occurs is the key to future healthcare

There was a therapist at the now closed down Richard Street unit in Rochdale who had an art group for mental health patients, this was many years ago and as I had always been into art since Balderstone school and the brilliant art teacher Mr Eckersley, I picked up the pencils and brushes again at Richard Street and I have to say that I would not be here now if it were not for the therapist and the art group....Along with gardening which is also of great help with the mental health side of things...Fingers crossed some more funding can be found...It's not always about the medication even though it does help massively...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Life is fab on 20:34 - Sep 6 with 1900 views49thseason

If anyone is interested, the Green Volunteers are helping to restore the herbaceous border in Springfield Park a couple of mornings a month. I guess they work in other places too
http://www.rochdale.gov.uk/jobs-and-training/volunteering/Pages/green-volunteers
Life is fab on 20:40 - Sep 6 with 1884 viewsWalboro

Moorhouses have a seasonal brew called Ruby Witch one of the best pints I have had if you can locate a pub that serves it and it should be out anytime now
Life is fab on 20:50 - Sep 6 with 1853 viewsrochdaleriddler

Life is fab on 19:30 - Sep 6 by D_Alien

Haha no all sealed and brand new

Life is fab on 21:00 - Sep 6 with 1830 viewsD_Alien

Life is fab on 20:40 - Sep 6 by Walboro

Moorhouses have a seasonal brew called Ruby Witch one of the best pints I have had if you can locate a pub that serves it and it should be out anytime now

Another decent ruby Autumn Leaves is on at most Spoons

Life is fab on 21:01 - Sep 6 with 1825 viewsD_Alien

Life is fab on 20:50 - Sep 6 by rochdaleriddler

Haha no all sealed and brand new

Thought you might've been going all Tracey Emin!

Life is fab on 21:07 - Sep 6 with 1800 viewsDaleiLama

Life is fab on 21:00 - Sep 6 by D_Alien

Another decent ruby Autumn Leaves is on at most Spoons

Meanwhile Britain leaves is a brew which some Europeans find more difficult to stomach than others!

Life is fab on 21:13 - Sep 6 with 1784 viewsD_Alien

Life is fab on 21:07 - Sep 6 by DaleiLama

Meanwhile Britain leaves is a brew which some Europeans find more difficult to stomach than others!

Meanwhile, DL's leave sounds to be going down well

Life is fab on 21:14 - Sep 6 with 1776 viewsDaleiLama

Life is fab on 21:13 - Sep 6 by D_Alien

Meanwhile, DL's leave sounds to be going down well

I refer you to the title of the OP

Life is fab on 23:08 - Sep 6 with 1632 viewsShun

It isn’t Autumn. But other than that, glad you’re enjoying life! Some good points made about health and the future too.
Life is fab on 10:24 - Sep 7 with 1446 viewsNigeriamark

Spent 24 hours lying flat on my back on a hard surface after crashing and flying over the handlebars of my mountain bike

Water and voltarol tablets for me

Might be fab for some but not all !!!
Life is fab on 17:03 - Sep 7 with 1281 viewsDaleiLama

Life is fab on 20:21 - Sep 6 by MoonyDale

There was a therapist at the now closed down Richard Street unit in Rochdale who had an art group for mental health patients, this was many years ago and as I had always been into art since Balderstone school and the brilliant art teacher Mr Eckersley, I picked up the pencils and brushes again at Richard Street and I have to say that I would not be here now if it were not for the therapist and the art group....Along with gardening which is also of great help with the mental health side of things...Fingers crossed some more funding can be found...It's not always about the medication even though it does help massively...

Interesting that this should appear in my timeline today in view of this discussion.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 17:05]

Life is fab on 19:27 - Sep 7 with 1194 viewsSheffdale

Life is fab on 10:24 - Sep 7 by Nigeriamark

Spent 24 hours lying flat on my back on a hard surface after crashing and flying over the handlebars of my mountain bike

Water and voltarol tablets for me

Might be fab for some but not all !!!

You've been out without your stabilisers again, haven't you?

Get better soon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024