Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Williams (11) 23:48 - Sep 6 with 5935 viewsgeraldo

As a £100k investment I really want this guy to succeed but given his chance on Tuesday against a very poor Bury side he was not able to take his chance. He won no headers, his touch is awful, he missed a sitter by trying to be too clever and to cap it all he asked to be subbed.
All I can see is he will be shipped out again on loan and we will wave goodbye to our investment - we really have a bad record with signing non - league strikers.
Contrast this with Zac Clough's performance - he has class written all over him and the £100k we wasted on williams (11) could have been better spent on Clough with a view to keeping him in January.
Jordan Williams (11) on 23:55 - Sep 6 with 4998 viewsrochdale_ranger

£100k isn’t a lot of money (the club have just spent £20k appeasing the pie moaners) and it wouldn’t even hold the three million pound striker Zac Clough down for a four week contract.
Jordan Williams (11) on 00:03 - Sep 7 with 4987 viewsgeraldo

Jordan Williams (11) on 23:55 - Sep 6 by rochdale_ranger

£100k isn’t a lot of money (the club have just spent £20k appeasing the pie moaners) and it wouldn’t even hold the three million pound striker Zac Clough down for a four week contract.

So what are you saying - it was money well spent??
Jordan Williams (11) on 00:22 - Sep 7 with 4970 viewsJames1980

In recent interviews Keith has said he has impressed in training.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Jordan Williams (11) on 00:23 - Sep 7 with 4968 viewsShun

Jordan Williams (11) on 00:03 - Sep 7 by geraldo

So what are you saying - it was money well spent??

He’s not saying that, but it’s certainly not as bad a deal as it would’ve been, say, a decade ago. At the time it seemed like a good move - a young winger excelling two leagues below us. I don’t begrudge Hill making that investment at all. It didn’t work out for him last year but he can’t be just written off a few games into this season. I didn’t go on Tuesday but Twitter and a few comments on here said he played quite well.

And, as rr says, £100K probably wouldn’t mean much when we’re talking about keeping Clough for longer.
Jordan Williams (11) on 01:20 - Sep 7 with 4956 viewsShun

Jordan Williams (11) on 00:22 - Sep 7 by James1980

Yep. When questioned today about places in the first time being up for grabs he said:
‘Jordan Williams is making an impression. He has been unfortunate not to be involved, especially when he starts pressing like that, closing down, showing the energy that he’s shown and the intelligence.’
Jordan Williams (11) on 06:00 - Sep 7 with 4894 viewsdingdangblue

Could have been worse... we could have spent £600k buying Harry Bunn.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jordan Williams (11) on 06:49 - Sep 7 with 4859 viewsdownunder

Jordan Williams (11) on 00:22 - Sep 7 by James1980

Keith was talking about himself?
Jordan Williams (11) on 08:14 - Sep 7 with 4767 views442Dale

Williams played well the other night. Wish he’d put the chance away as it would have capped that display.

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Williams (11) on 08:33 - Sep 7 with 4716 viewsTVOS1907

The £100k we wasted on Williams (11) was wasted over a year ago, so I’m not sure what that’s got to do with a player we signed on loan last week.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jordan Williams (11) on 09:35 - Sep 7 with 4611 viewsdale5758

On a previous thread I asked abot ourChief Scout ana how much input he had into the Williamas transfer and mentioned that he must have supported the move and I wondered how much input he will have had on the fee ???
in terms of Clough i'ts hard to see how his signing could have been improved on I mean bsaically we have a £3M striker who can"sniff" out goals for himself for example his first goal for us v bury was at a best a half chance to which he applied a killer finish by just plcaing itinto the corner of the net
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 16:51]

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

Jordan Williams (11) on 09:44 - Sep 7 with 4580 viewsSuddenLad

Jordan Williams (11) on 09:35 - Sep 7 by dale5758

On a previous thread I asked abot ourChief Scout ana how much input he had into the Williamas transfer and mentioned that he must have supported the move and I wondered how much input he will have had on the fee ???
in terms of Clough i'ts hard to see how his signing could have been improved on I mean bsaically we have a £3M striker who can"sniff" out goals for himself for example his first goal for us v bury was at a best a half chance to which he applied a killer finish by just plcaing itinto the corner of the net

You've even fooled Google translate with that one.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jordan Williams (11) on 10:05 - Sep 7 with 4522 viewsrichfoad32

I thought Williams played well the other night, put himself about and looked pacy. Yes he missed a good chance but he won't be the only Dale player to be guilty of that this season. Maybe he just needs a good run of games, which looks unlikely given the current competition for places, but I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Great finish from Clough but I didn't think his performance was anything spectacular other than that. Obviously he needs time to regain full match fitness and will prove to be an excellent addition but it's pie in the sky to think there's any chance of making it a permanent deal and probably that he'll even be here beyond January.
Jordan Williams (11) on 10:29 - Sep 7 with 4464 viewsDaleiLama

Jordan Williams (11) on 09:44 - Sep 7 by SuddenLad

You've even fooled Google translate with that one.

If we have another whip round to get Jesus over again and there's any spare cash, can we get dale5758 a new keyboard please?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Jordan Williams (11) on 10:55 - Sep 7 with 4415 viewsyumyum

Jordan Williams (11) on 10:29 - Sep 7 by DaleiLama

If we have another whip round to get Jesus over again and there's any spare cash, can we get dale5758 a new keyboard please?

All clubs take the risk with any signing really.Some work out and some dont.The 100k spent on JW is in laymans terms akin to the top 6 in the prem splashing out on a 20m player,and some of those dont work out for those clubs.
Jordan Williams (11) on 11:15 - Sep 7 with 4382 viewsdale5758

olits annoying cos it laptop so I can't just
plug an play

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

Jordan Williams (11) on 11:58 - Sep 7 with 4292 viewsJimmyRustler

Williams had a good game on Tuesday in a position which I would assume is a little unfamiliar to him. I disagree that £100k isn't a lot of money though - it's a huge sum to a club of our size in any circumstance but is even more substantial when you consider that you can count on one hand the amount of times we've spent 6 figures on a transfer in our entire history
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 12:17]
Jordan Williams (11) on 13:32 - Sep 7 with 4104 viewsDaleiLama

Jordan Williams (11) on 11:15 - Sep 7 by dale5758

olits annoying cos it laptop so I can't just
plug an play

..... look on the bright side - when your family ask what you want for Xmas they can all chip in towards a new one?

Jordan Williams (11) on 13:52 - Sep 7 with 4059 viewsD_Alien

Jordan Williams (11) on 13:32 - Sep 7 by DaleiLama

..... look on the bright side - when your family ask what you want for Xmas they can all chip in towards a new one?

imo he's just a keyboard worrier...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jordan Williams (11) on 15:14 - Sep 7 with 3929 viewsTVOS1907

Jordan Williams (11) on 09:35 - Sep 7 by dale5758

Are you Norman Collier?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jordan Williams (11) on 17:26 - Sep 7 with 3750 viewsDaleiLama

Jordan Williams (11) on 15:14 - Sep 7 by TVOS1907

Are you Norman Collier?

Jordan Williams (11) on 20:06 - Sep 7 with 3557 viewsSuddenLad

Professor Stanley Unwin. Great talent. He spoke more sense than most modern day Politicians.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jordan Williams (11) on 08:37 - Sep 8 with 3326 views1907

I have been massively disappointed in what I’ve seen from Williams over the last twelve months.

Tuesday night however was the first time I’ve seen him look properly interested, put himself about and put in what is required. Feeling slightly more encouraged about him now than I have previously.

He does seem incapable of playing 90 minutes though and seems to have recurring issues with his calf.

If he’d have scored that chance on Tuesday it really would have done him the world of good, fingers crossed he can get himself on the end of another chance ASAP
Jordan Williams (11) on 09:40 - Sep 8 with 3263 viewsDaleiLama

Jordan Williams (11) on 08:37 - Sep 8 by 1907

I have been massively disappointed in what I’ve seen from Williams over the last twelve months.

Tuesday night however was the first time I’ve seen him look properly interested, put himself about and put in what is required. Feeling slightly more encouraged about him now than I have previously.

He does seem incapable of playing 90 minutes though and seems to have recurring issues with his calf.

If he’d have scored that chance on Tuesday it really would have done him the world of good, fingers crossed he can get himself on the end of another chance ASAP

After playing at Barrow, I would imagine even keeping up at training camp in Tenerife would be challenging, let alone getting into the first team and competing at this level straight away. He sounds to be progressing despite getting little playing time with the Imps. Hill has a 5 year contract so can afford to make long term plans. Imho way too early for judgement except by a kangaroo court. Let the jury sit and deliberate once all the evidence is in and not before.

Jordan Williams (11) on 10:11 - Sep 8 with 3225 views1907

Jordan Williams (11) on 09:40 - Sep 8 by DaleiLama

After playing at Barrow, I would imagine even keeping up at training camp in Tenerife would be challenging, let alone getting into the first team and competing at this level straight away. He sounds to be progressing despite getting little playing time with the Imps. Hill has a 5 year contract so can afford to make long term plans. Imho way too early for judgement except by a kangaroo court. Let the jury sit and deliberate once all the evidence is in and not before.

My issue with Williams isn’t his ability its his attitude.

He has come across as lazy and disinterested on many occasions I have watched him, bottling out of tackles and ducking out of headers.

Tuesday was he first time I’ve felt he’s put 110% in which is the foundations of any sort of decent career.
Jordan Williams (11) on 11:03 - Sep 8 with 3153 viewsBartRowou

Jordan Williams (11) on 10:11 - Sep 8 by 1907

My issue with Williams isn’t his ability its his attitude.

He has come across as lazy and disinterested on many occasions I have watched him, bottling out of tackles and ducking out of headers.

Tuesday was he first time I’ve felt he’s put 110% in which is the foundations of any sort of decent career.

Point of Order

The ref should be disinterested.
You think Williams appears uninterested.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024