Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IFollow -Games streamed live 13:56 - Sep 7 with 15689 viewswozzrafc

What are people’s view on this. Games streamed live for £10 a pop

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/

Scunny game first game available
IFollow -Games streamed live on 14:03 - Sep 7 with 10649 viewsfitzochris

They did this for the Barnsley game and it fooked up just after half-time with no refunds given.

Poor service.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

IFollow -Games streamed live on 14:07 - Sep 7 with 10634 viewswozzrafc

IFollow -Games streamed live on 14:03 - Sep 7 by fitzochris

They did this for the Barnsley game and it fooked up just after half-time with no refunds given.

Poor service.

I use ifollow using the iPhone app and don’t have any issues with the commentary. It’s expensive at £45 a year but having moved away from Rochdale I don’t get to all the games so use it anyway.

I have used the international ifollow to watch games when I’ve been abroad but it’s only been £5
IFollow -Games streamed live on 14:11 - Sep 7 with 10623 viewsNigeriamark

IFollow -Games streamed live on 14:03 - Sep 7 by fitzochris

Poor service.

The problem that day was that it actually came back after 5 or so minutes so we had to continue to watch the battering!!

I get every game due to living outside the UK and it has been pretty good this year so far. Last year there was no match commentary but this year they have synched the match commentary with the video. About half a second gap between the action and the crowd sound which is again better than last year. With cup games I will get about 50 games at just over 2 quid a go so definitely worth it for me
IFollow -Games streamed live on 14:13 - Sep 7 with 10621 viewsyumyum

IFollow -Games streamed live on 14:11 - Sep 7 by Nigeriamark

The problem that day was that it actually came back after 5 or so minutes so we had to continue to watch the battering!!

I get every game due to living outside the UK and it has been pretty good this year so far. Last year there was no match commentary but this year they have synched the match commentary with the video. About half a second gap between the action and the crowd sound which is again better than last year. With cup games I will get about 50 games at just over 2 quid a go so definitely worth it for me

Even cheaper (£6) with a vpn.Can watch all 46 games with vpn.Think the season pass is only £115.
IFollow -Games streamed live on 14:13 - Sep 7 with 10619 viewswozzrafc

IFollow -Games streamed live on 14:11 - Sep 7 by Nigeriamark

I work abroad and use the service a few times and was relatively happy with the service at £5.

Not sure if I’d pay £10 as a UK user
IFollow -Games streamed live on 14:21 - Sep 7 with 10598 views442Dale

What’s changed from this?:

<<Please note, for UK users, matches within the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons will be blacked out and not available on iFollow. >>

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

IFollow -Games streamed live on 14:26 - Sep 7 with 10590 viewsDaleiLama

IFollow -Games streamed live on 14:21 - Sep 7 by 442Dale

<<Please note, for UK users, matches within the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons will be blacked out and not available on iFollow. >>

From what I can gather you get a vpn (free) and you're in. There's little policing of billing address and even if there were you could give a friend's address abroad. Or even a fictitious one. Checks and balances don't seem to be in place?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

IFollow -Games streamed live on 14:37 - Sep 7 with 10575 viewswozzrafc

It seems that all games are now avaiable to UK users for £10

They previously said that saturday games were not avaiable. You can get the scunny game so that must have changed.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 14:38]
Login to get fewer ads

IFollow -Games streamed live on 15:21 - Sep 7 with 10512 viewsWill_RAFC

It's because the 3pm blackout doesn't cover international weekends. I'm not going tomorrow so I'll be trying this!
IFollow -Games streamed live on 15:21 - Sep 7 with 10511 viewsfitzochris

I wondered that myself. If you have a VPN it isn't an issue, but, for domestic users, I'm not aware of a change in the broadcast regulations.

IFollow -Games streamed live on 16:01 - Sep 7 with 10450 viewsyumyum

IFollow -Games streamed live on 15:21 - Sep 7 by fitzochris

I wondered that myself. If you have a VPN it isn't an issue, but, for domestic users, I'm not aware of a change in the broadcast regulations.

Anybody can get a vpn.The free one worked for me.
IFollow -Games streamed live on 16:13 - Sep 7 with 10431 viewsfitzochris

IFollow -Games streamed live on 16:01 - Sep 7 by yumyum

Anybody can get a vpn.The free one worked for me.

Yes, I know, but the point I'm making is that how can the game be offered to domestic users, given it's at 3pm on a Saturday?

EDIT: And I have my answer from WillRAFC above.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 16:14]

IFollow -Games streamed live on 19:25 - Sep 7 with 10289 viewsSheffdale

Andy Holt at Accrington unhappy.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/07/accrington-stanley-attack-efl-o
IFollow -Games streamed live on 20:13 - Sep 7 with 10255 viewsyumyum

IFollow -Games streamed live on 19:25 - Sep 7 by Sheffdale

Andy Holt at Accrington unhappy.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/07/accrington-stanley-attack-efl-o

Very naive person.Does he not realise you only need a vpn to watch ALL club games?Does he think that does not happen?Yet moans about a screening during the international break.
IFollow -Games streamed live on 20:53 - Sep 7 with 10227 viewsTVOS1907

IFollow -Games streamed live on 20:13 - Sep 7 by yumyum

Very naive person.Does he not realise you only need a vpn to watch ALL club games?Does he think that does not happen?Yet moans about a screening during the international break.

No, he's correctly moaning about how it's being done officially and how the EFL didn't disclose this would happen.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

IFollow -Games streamed live on 20:59 - Sep 7 with 10218 viewsyumyum

IFollow -Games streamed live on 20:53 - Sep 7 by TVOS1907

No, he's correctly moaning about how it's being done officially and how the EFL didn't disclose this would happen.

The EFL did state it though in the close season.I remember reading it ,
IFollow -Games streamed live on 21:02 - Sep 7 with 10215 viewsTVOS1907

IFollow -Games streamed live on 20:59 - Sep 7 by yumyum

The EFL did state it though in the close season.I remember reading it ,

Not according to Andy Holt.

IFollow -Games streamed live on 21:06 - Sep 7 with 10209 viewsyumyum

IFollow -Games streamed live on 21:02 - Sep 7 by TVOS1907

Not according to Andy Holt.

I think its a great idea anyway in this day and age.Gates aint affected noticeably,up to now anyway.Have to move with the times my friend.
IFollow -Games streamed live on 21:10 - Sep 7 with 10195 viewsTVOS1907

IFollow -Games streamed live on 21:06 - Sep 7 by yumyum

I think its a great idea anyway in this day and age.Gates aint affected noticeably,up to now anyway.Have to move with the times my friend.

It won't affect me, my friend, because I'll be at the games, but I can see how it is useful for others.

That doesn't mean I agree with it and I think Andy Holt has a point, but it is what it is.

It's interesting how the EFL now say they will monitor how it goes this weekend.

IFollow -Games streamed live on 21:11 - Sep 7 with 10196 viewsyumyum

When i say up to now,im meaning those that are using the vpn to watch all games,not just during international breaks etc.If people think it aint happening,think again.
IFollow -Games streamed live on 21:14 - Sep 7 with 10193 viewsyumyum

IFollow -Games streamed live on 21:11 - Sep 7 by yumyum

When i say up to now,im meaning those that are using the vpn to watch all games,not just during international breaks etc.If people think it aint happening,think again.

Godsend for a pensioner etc who goes to watch his team in mid winter,freezing and risking pneumonia etc just cos he thinks its his duty,and does not want to miss the game.At least now,he or a family member can set him up with a vpn etc to watch in the warmth of his home all the bad weather games.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 21:15]
IFollow -Games streamed live on 21:16 - Sep 7 with 10187 views442Dale

Only the other day we identified how changes affect football as a whole, can’t have it both ways.

Moving with the times means cup competotions have become devalued by some. Moving with the times has seen the total saturation of football on tv.

We might all watch games on tv/via online resources and thus ensure these changes continue apace, but we can’t then moan about one thing being rubbish (clubs playing reserve sides) and think games live at 3pm are great. Because both are ultimately the end result of money coming first within the game.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

IFollow -Games streamed live on 21:16 - Sep 7 with 10187 viewsTVOS1907

IFollow -Games streamed live on 21:14 - Sep 7 by yumyum

Godsend for a pensioner etc who goes to watch his team in mid winter,freezing and risking pneumonia etc just cos he thinks its his duty,and does not want to miss the game.At least now,he or a family member can set him up with a vpn etc to watch in the warmth of his home all the bad weather games.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 21:15]

True

IFollow -Games streamed live on 21:20 - Sep 7 with 10180 viewsyumyum

IFollow -Games streamed live on 21:16 - Sep 7 by 442Dale

Only the other day we identified how changes affect football as a whole, can’t have it both ways.

Moving with the times means cup competotions have become devalued by some. Moving with the times has seen the total saturation of football on tv.

We might all watch games on tv/via online resources and thus ensure these changes continue apace, but we can’t then moan about one thing being rubbish (clubs playing reserve sides) and think games live at 3pm are great. Because both are ultimately the end result of money coming first within the game.

Sadly,thats football now in these times.It will never revert back so we may as well use the hi tec in this digital age to grow with the times.
IFollow -Games streamed live on 21:23 - Sep 7 with 10174 viewsyumyum

IFollow -Games streamed live on 21:20 - Sep 7 by yumyum

Sadly,thats football now in these times.It will never revert back so we may as well use the hi tec in this digital age to grow with the times.

used to take forever finding the result of the barca v madrid etc years ago,and that if you even knew they were playing each other.Now,we get those games on our tv and all updates on the web etc.The digital age is one of the reasons for the way football has gone.Like i say,it wont revert back so we may as well go along with the flow rightly or wrongly. There are even whispers around that the top 6 could be the champions league entrants in the next season or 2.We know why that is dont we?mainly because Man U and Chelsea have missed out in recent seasons,so top 6 would make itvirtually impossible for those kind of teams to miss out.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 21:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024