Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill on Henderson 21:33 - Sep 15 with 6589 viewskiwidale

I've just listened to Keith's post match interview what on earth is he on about Henderson and criticism of him Is he deliberately obtuse or deluded?... Keith the criticism is of you not Henderson its how you play Henderson that is criticised. We know how good he is when played in the correct position.

This is not the time for bickering.

Hill on Henderson on 22:24 - Sep 15 with 4742 viewsdalenumber2

I have stopped listening to Hill's interviews. My life has been so much better since that decision.
Hill on Henderson on 22:31 - Sep 15 with 4717 viewsMoonyDale

Spot on Kiwi, thought exactly the same....He couldn't raise a smile after a win like that because it's not the way he wants football to be played and he says he can't understand the Hendo doubters, there are no doubters on here of the man himself just at the positions he is asked to play in....A point proven by todays performance from him....We have been saying it this season and last, the fans were proven right and you can see that he fkin hates that fact.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hill on Henderson on 22:40 - Sep 15 with 4683 viewsnordenblue

Hill on Henderson on 22:31 - Sep 15 by MoonyDale

Spot on Kiwi, thought exactly the same....He couldn't raise a smile after a win like that because it's not the way he wants football to be played and he says he can't understand the Hendo doubters, there are no doubters on here of the man himself just at the positions he is asked to play in....A point proven by todays performance from him....We have been saying it this season and last, the fans were proven right and you can see that he fkin hates that fact.....

Hes pissed because this silly over passing style he wants to mess about with and try every/any player in every possible position to try and make it work,simply doesnt.

The same applies trying to shoehorn one of the most consistent goal scorers the club's seen for some time at either right back or centre midfield.
Hill on Henderson on 22:48 - Sep 15 with 4641 viewsjudd

I think his comment about how he needs to win points speaks volumes.
I think how he set his team out today to win speaks volumes about his ability, however poor Gillingham were.
Thanks Keith. Probably the most enjoyable home performance since we played Spurs.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hill on Henderson on 22:54 - Sep 15 with 4610 viewsdalenumber2

Hill on Henderson on 22:48 - Sep 15 by judd

I think his comment about how he needs to win points speaks volumes.
I think how he set his team out today to win speaks volumes about his ability, however poor Gillingham were.
Thanks Keith. Probably the most enjoyable home performance since we played Spurs.

Great day and thoroughly enjoyed the match. I don't need to spoil it by listening to Hill's interview. I am happy for him to be manager but I don't want to hear the impulsive, reactive rubbish he spouts. It's always shields up and weapons drawn whatever the result.
Hill on Henderson on 23:51 - Sep 15 with 4453 viewsShun

Is there a single Dale fan who doesn’t appreciate Ian Henderson’s abilities? He’s just become our second highest goalscorer for crying out loud. I’m glad I don’t listen to Hill’s interviews anymore.
Hill on Henderson on 23:59 - Sep 15 with 4442 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on Henderson on 23:51 - Sep 15 by Shun

Is there a single Dale fan who doesn’t appreciate Ian Henderson’s abilities? He’s just become our second highest goalscorer for crying out loud. I’m glad I don’t listen to Hill’s interviews anymore.

Third, Shun. He's still got Reg Jenkins (129) and Albert Whitehurst (124) ahead of him.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 0:03]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill on Henderson on 00:00 - Sep 16 with 4434 viewsShun

Hill on Henderson on 23:59 - Sep 15 by TVOS1907

Third, Shun. He's still got Reg Jenkins (129) and Albert Whitehurst (124) ahead of him.

Whoops!
Login to get fewer ads

Hill on Henderson on 00:48 - Sep 16 with 4359 viewsscarrow

Hill on Henderson on 23:59 - Sep 15 by TVOS1907

34 goals to draw level with Reg Jenkins, I can see him doing it if he remains injury free over the next couple of seasons

Poll: Final position

Hill on Henderson on 02:29 - Sep 16 with 4277 viewssoulboy

Theres a bloke sits near me and hes on Hendos back as soon as he makes one mistake. Just before half time today over on the left wing he tried to find Wilbraham with a short pass but the ball ended up out of play. Despite Hendo putting us in the drivivng seat with two goals the said bloke blurted out words along the lines of "for Christ sake Henderson find your man". Words fail me.
Hill on Henderson on 04:35 - Sep 16 with 4240 viewsDaley_Lama

Over the years, Ian Henderson had received plenty of criticism both on here and particularly via social media. Not recently, but certainly previously.

In particular, he got abused for having a second business outside of RAFC, where he represented Herbalife.

His commitment/dedication to RAFC was questioned, usually after a defeat. Go figure.

Online this has abated as he no longer uses twitter, the means by which people used to slag him off.

He is a blinking good advert for Herbalife as an aside.

Poll: DF in or out

Hill on Henderson on 08:37 - Sep 16 with 4042 viewsNafelad

Hill on Henderson on 22:54 - Sep 15 by dalenumber2

Great day and thoroughly enjoyed the match. I don't need to spoil it by listening to Hill's interview. I am happy for him to be manager but I don't want to hear the impulsive, reactive rubbish he spouts. It's always shields up and weapons drawn whatever the result.

Agree with this but I can't help thinking that we've had to endure many poor performances and results over the last couple of seasons, and 'been held back', due to Hill's constant tinkering with the team selection.and strategy.

Topcat

Hill on Henderson on 09:11 - Sep 16 with 3954 viewsColDale

Hill on Henderson on 04:35 - Sep 16 by Daley_Lama

Over the years, Ian Henderson had received plenty of criticism both on here and particularly via social media. Not recently, but certainly previously.

In particular, he got abused for having a second business outside of RAFC, where he represented Herbalife.

His commitment/dedication to RAFC was questioned, usually after a defeat. Go figure.

Online this has abated as he no longer uses twitter, the means by which people used to slag him off.

He is a blinking good advert for Herbalife as an aside.

Ive even heard Hendo called lazy at matches
Hill on Henderson on 09:44 - Sep 16 with 3873 views442Dale

Hill on Henderson on 09:11 - Sep 16 by ColDale

Ive even heard Hendo called lazy at matches

Some football fans can’t remove their personal opinions about a player to recognise their ability/usefulness to the team.

The criticism of Henderson on here (not a clue about what was said on Twitter) did indeed reach silly levels at time when it wandered away from what he does on the pitch. His commitment and ability should be never in question, while the way he’s been used and his own choices that have affected the team should be.

Yesterday he was brilliant. You won’t see a better example of not only a ‘penalty box striker’, but one who causes constant issues outside it to the opposition centre halves. Those finishes make any discussion around needing a centre forward to get on the end of things completely pointless, because we have him at the club. From there a lot of the criticism Henderson does get should then be reallocated to the decision to play him anywhere else where he isn’t that constant threat. Maybe when some people are wondering why a player doesn’t get the credit they deserve, they should begin by questioning what they could do to improve that situation. It happened yesterday.

It’s brilliant to watch Henderson when he’s in the penalty area, he does things instinctively and there are few strikers at Dale who have had that. But those that have don’t end up playing midfield

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill on Henderson on 09:55 - Sep 16 with 3826 viewsYouTubeDale

Hill’s body language during the interview was very strange. He looked defensive and much less arrogant. With many references to “his job” and having to do things for himself now. Is he acting or genuinely in fear of his job? He must be reading this Forum to get a good handle on how fans feel about him.

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Hendo needs to be the Fox in the box, and leave him there.

Has he managed Clough well ? Is Clough injured? Two sides of the coin : players like him need an ego to play and you just accept that, or Hill stamps down on that ego. I’m undecided on that one.

There is never a Second MOM award, but I would have given it to Calvin. Immense at the back winning nearly every single header in defence and tenacity keeping the ball upfront.

Hill at last has cottoned onto the very basic idea of placing at least one player ahead of Alby/Calvin when they win their headers...at last !!!!

Hill is starting to leave Hendo on the halfway line when we defend corners. Well done Keith. I would add another to really spice it up, and tell Hendo to stop drifting back to receive the ball.

A good game to watch against a side lacking in confidence.

To Keith’s credit,he has got the whole team working their socks off for him. We wanted the win far more than them. Our spirit is high.

Just leave the MAJORITY of the fans alone, stop the 350 pass game, Hendo in the box, etc, etc... you should be fine Keith.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Hill on Henderson on 10:09 - Sep 16 with 3774 viewsColDale

Hill on Henderson on 09:44 - Sep 16 by 442Dale

Some football fans can’t remove their personal opinions about a player to recognise their ability/usefulness to the team.

The criticism of Henderson on here (not a clue about what was said on Twitter) did indeed reach silly levels at time when it wandered away from what he does on the pitch. His commitment and ability should be never in question, while the way he’s been used and his own choices that have affected the team should be.

Yesterday he was brilliant. You won’t see a better example of not only a ‘penalty box striker’, but one who causes constant issues outside it to the opposition centre halves. Those finishes make any discussion around needing a centre forward to get on the end of things completely pointless, because we have him at the club. From there a lot of the criticism Henderson does get should then be reallocated to the decision to play him anywhere else where he isn’t that constant threat. Maybe when some people are wondering why a player doesn’t get the credit they deserve, they should begin by questioning what they could do to improve that situation. It happened yesterday.

It’s brilliant to watch Henderson when he’s in the penalty area, he does things instinctively and there are few strikers at Dale who have had that. But those that have don’t end up playing midfield

I think it all stems from Hendo being the best player wherever we play him. I've no doubts, he could play that central player in a back three if needed to (might up his red card count in doing so) and he'd easily perform to a high level.

Arguably, it comes down to the performance of others. I thought Camps looked back to his best yesterday, and with the form of him and Rathbone, there's no need for Hendo to go anywhere near the midfield. But he's Hill's go to man when others aren't performing.
Hill on Henderson on 10:17 - Sep 16 with 3752 views1949er

The attitude and professionalism of Ian Henderson makes him in my mind just behind Reg Jenkins as my favourite player.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Hill on Henderson on 10:21 - Sep 16 with 3735 views442Dale

Hill on Henderson on 10:09 - Sep 16 by ColDale

I think it all stems from Hendo being the best player wherever we play him. I've no doubts, he could play that central player in a back three if needed to (might up his red card count in doing so) and he'd easily perform to a high level.

Arguably, it comes down to the performance of others. I thought Camps looked back to his best yesterday, and with the form of him and Rathbone, there's no need for Hendo to go anywhere near the midfield. But he's Hill's go to man when others aren't performing.

He isn’t the best player in midfield when we play him there. He drops too deep and slows down the play too much. There’s never been a need for him to play there when others are fit because we then lose out up front.

When we are one up in games he can drop in to add numbers to see a game out, that makes sense on occasion, but that his best game in midfield was against Bromley in the cup says a lot.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill on Henderson on 10:27 - Sep 16 with 3710 viewsDaleiLama

Hill on Henderson on 08:37 - Sep 16 by Nafelad

Agree with this but I can't help thinking that we've had to endure many poor performances and results over the last couple of seasons, and 'been held back', due to Hill's constant tinkering with the team selection.and strategy.

The same tinkering and strategy that converted Done to a valuable goal-scoring striker and Bunney into "the best left back in L1". Which also took us to the periphery of L1 playoffs on three occassions. Sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth and accept that it won't always be bob on. I remember quite a few calling for Hendo's head a few years back when his form dipped.

I no longer seek out post match interviews either. I still think Becchy should handle these. As for the "playing out from the back" Pep stuck with it at City but he has world class players to execute the plan. Good to see we have reverted to cutting our suit according to our cloth, at least temporarily.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hill on Henderson on 10:28 - Sep 16 with 3702 viewsD_Alien

Hill on Henderson on 10:17 - Sep 16 by 1949er

The attitude and professionalism of Ian Henderson makes him in my mind just behind Reg Jenkins as my favourite player.

Certainly in terms of favourite players, Reg will never be surpassed

Again, it's a different issue to best, or even most influential player

The latter still rests with Gary Jones

The "best" epithet for Hendo concerns skill level plus endeavour over an extended period of time

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill on Henderson on 10:43 - Sep 16 with 3645 viewsSaxonDale

His interview is a great example of #accidentalbrent

Hill on Henderson on 10:49 - Sep 16 with 3627 viewsaleanddale

Hill on Henderson on 10:28 - Sep 16 by D_Alien

Certainly in terms of favourite players, Reg will never be surpassed

Again, it's a different issue to best, or even most influential player

The latter still rests with Gary Jones

The "best" epithet for Hendo concerns skill level plus endeavour over an extended period of time

Jones dragged a poor Ish Dale side through games most weeks especially the first third of his Dale career.

We were a much better side in the final two thirds of his time with us.

Hendo is an enigma.. He has a steel running through him and the boy oozes class on a football pitch.

Ref. Goals - Cheltenham away / Leeds in the cup and yesterday's third all out of the top draw.

18 more months at yesterday's level is a mouth watering prospect.
Hill on Henderson on 11:47 - Sep 16 with 3527 viewsfitzochris

Hill also makes a comment about players “in the world of football” thinking they know best.

I reckon this is a clear dig at those who have been vocal about training. Probably the same ones he perceives as having not put the work in.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill on Henderson on 12:18 - Sep 16 with 3454 viewsjonahwhereru

People on this forum fail to appreciate the skill Keef demonstrates in his interviews. It can’t be easy to always introduce an antagonistic comment, even on good news stories. Unless it comes naturally. Oh yes of course it is second nature to him!

Aside from Calvin’s moment of madness and Russ Green, Hill has been responsible for virtually all the (non pitch related) negative headlines at the club in the last few years.

However Dunphy has let his tantrums go unchecked for to long to change him now.

Alas all we can do is either not listen, as some don’t, or enjoy his skill in creating non existent stories.

As for Henderson he is the type of player I was jealous of as a kid. He has the skill set to do a job in most arrears of the pitch. He is the best finisher I have seen for Rochdale so should always be played to exploit that strength.

If only he didn’t have the self destruct button primed to go off at anytime he would be getting close it Gary Jones in my affections.
Hill on Henderson on 12:29 - Sep 16 with 3388 viewsMoonyDale

Hill on Henderson on 09:55 - Sep 16 by YouTubeDale

Hill’s body language during the interview was very strange. He looked defensive and much less arrogant. With many references to “his job” and having to do things for himself now. Is he acting or genuinely in fear of his job? He must be reading this Forum to get a good handle on how fans feel about him.

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Hendo needs to be the Fox in the box, and leave him there.

Has he managed Clough well ? Is Clough injured? Two sides of the coin : players like him need an ego to play and you just accept that, or Hill stamps down on that ego. I’m undecided on that one.

There is never a Second MOM award, but I would have given it to Calvin. Immense at the back winning nearly every single header in defence and tenacity keeping the ball upfront.

Hill at last has cottoned onto the very basic idea of placing at least one player ahead of Alby/Calvin when they win their headers...at last !!!!

Hill is starting to leave Hendo on the halfway line when we defend corners. Well done Keith. I would add another to really spice it up, and tell Hendo to stop drifting back to receive the ball.

A good game to watch against a side lacking in confidence.

To Keith’s credit,he has got the whole team working their socks off for him. We wanted the win far more than them. Our spirit is high.

Just leave the MAJORITY of the fans alone, stop the 350 pass game, Hendo in the box, etc, etc... you should be fine Keith.

I thought the same, spent most of the interview looking away from the camera and the interviewer .......Has he had a boot up his backside from above ? The " I have to get points" comment was interesting I thought. Just play players in their natural positions and get the best out of them, simple really with no reason to complicate things for the sake of it.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024