Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup 13:40 - Sep 18 with 9080 viewsSheffdale

Playing at Boundary Park - this one has crept under my radar. Strong team and 0-2 up after 20 mins.
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 23:55 - Sep 18 with 3315 viewsSandyman

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 15:20 - Sep 18 by TVOS1907

Their official website has tried to do that with the report which contains no mention of the score.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/september/18092018-lanc-senior-cup/

BIFFOs Embarrassed ?

PS: Who is Inman Bradden ? A Trialist ?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 0:04]
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 05:14 - Sep 19 with 3225 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 23:55 - Sep 18 by Sandyman

BIFFOs Embarrassed ?

PS: Who is Inman Bradden ? A Trialist ?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 0:04]

Imman Bradden is a Shiite Muslim cleric plays right mid for Ayatollah Hill.

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 07:42 - Sep 19 with 3160 viewsleedsdale

Don’t know how accurate this is, but according to this poster on the Oldham forum they nearly signed Done in the summer.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/topic/50753-behind-closed-doors/?page=2
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:31 - Sep 19 with 3026 viewsShun

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 07:42 - Sep 19 by leedsdale

Don’t know how accurate this is, but according to this poster on the Oldham forum they nearly signed Done in the summer.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/topic/50753-behind-closed-doors/?page=2

I heard they were interested but I doubt he would’ve signed for them. It’s hard to see why anyone would want to sign for Oldham currently, they’re a bit of a joke club with all the problems they have!
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:49 - Sep 19 with 2987 views442Dale

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:31 - Sep 19 by Shun

I heard they were interested but I doubt he would’ve signed for them. It’s hard to see why anyone would want to sign for Oldham currently, they’re a bit of a joke club with all the problems they have!

Yeah, but let’s not forget how many they take away.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 17:10 - Sep 19 with 2831 viewsaleanddale

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:49 - Sep 19 by 442Dale

Yeah, but let’s not forget how many they take away.

And they are a MASSIVE CLUB
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 21:13 - Sep 19 with 2664 viewsSaxonDale

Would recommend watching the freeview highlights of Ifollow for anyone who likes an idea of things behind the scenes. Although there's a clear difference in opposition intensity and quality to what we see on a Saturday, it gives a great idea to how Hilly would like us to play. The whole team hunt like a pack of dogs and there's some fantastic patterns of play- there's only the 1 arguable 'hoof' in the entire highlights. Context of course is needed but it's also encouraging to see some very good finishes and workrate by Williams and Adshead playing wih real quality.
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 21:29 - Sep 19 with 2625 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 21:13 - Sep 19 by SaxonDale

Would recommend watching the freeview highlights of Ifollow for anyone who likes an idea of things behind the scenes. Although there's a clear difference in opposition intensity and quality to what we see on a Saturday, it gives a great idea to how Hilly would like us to play. The whole team hunt like a pack of dogs and there's some fantastic patterns of play- there's only the 1 arguable 'hoof' in the entire highlights. Context of course is needed but it's also encouraging to see some very good finishes and workrate by Williams and Adshead playing wih real quality.

Yeah, it’s great. I watched it earlier. Some impressive moves and even more impressive finishes. The whole thing does feel a bit subdued in an empty stadium, though.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 21:40 - Sep 19 with 2586 viewsDaleiLama

Very good of the club to put highlights up. Excellent positive publicity too. The future may not be orange heading into winter but it does look a bit brighter!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 11:07 - Sep 20 with 2316 viewspioneer

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 20:38 - Sep 18 by Sheffdale

Steven Philipps book on Dale players 1939-1973 has a few putting Lancs Cup winners 1971 in their profiles so yes treated seriously. In 1968 Bob Stokoe sacked Brian Eastham for lack of effort following a 7-0 home defeat in the competition to Man Utd Reserves. History has a habit of repeating itself, so I wonder if any players will be heading for the exit at Boundary Park following their 7-0 home defeat today?

minor point but the 7-0 clubbing was away, we had drawn 1-1 at Spotland. The first replay was abandoned because of fog, appears we were still playing in a fog when the game was replayed.

The first win in the Lancs cup was back in late forties (1948?) v blackpool. A first division team at the time. I think i have the programme for that game.
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 16:56 - Sep 20 with 2099 viewsSheffdale

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 11:07 - Sep 20 by pioneer

minor point but the 7-0 clubbing was away, we had drawn 1-1 at Spotland. The first replay was abandoned because of fog, appears we were still playing in a fog when the game was replayed.

The first win in the Lancs cup was back in late forties (1948?) v blackpool. A first division team at the time. I think i have the programme for that game.

I'm sure you're right Pioneer, but Stephen Philipps has the 7-0 defeat as taking place at Spotland (in Brian Eastham's biography). One for VAR (or TVOS?).
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 16:59 - Sep 20 with 2088 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 16:56 - Sep 20 by Sheffdale

I'm sure you're right Pioneer, but Stephen Philipps has the 7-0 defeat as taking place at Spotland (in Brian Eastham's biography). One for VAR (or TVOS?).

Brian Eastham has a biography?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 17:08 - Sep 20 with 2072 viewsSheffdale

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 16:59 - Sep 20 by D_Alien

Brian Eastham has a biography?

Perhaps brief biographical details would be more accurate! Page 123 (I've had to go t'bookshelf!) where the following words leap from the page: "chequered" "suspended" "lack of effort". I think I'll get someone else to write my player profile!
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 17:11 - Sep 20 with 2064 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 17:08 - Sep 20 by Sheffdale

Perhaps brief biographical details would be more accurate! Page 123 (I've had to go t'bookshelf!) where the following words leap from the page: "chequered" "suspended" "lack of effort". I think I'll get someone else to write my player profile!

That sounds about right, but talking about sequences (as in p.123) Eastham ran the gamut of footballing skills from A to erm...

Sorry for disturbing your bookshelf!

[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 17:12]

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 20:08 - Sep 20 with 1953 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 16:56 - Sep 20 by Sheffdale

Before my time, but Stephen has emailed me tonight to say he has made a mistake in his book and the aforementioned game was at Old Trafford.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 21:24 - Sep 20 with 1894 viewsSheffdale

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 20:08 - Sep 20 by TVOS1907

Before my time, but Stephen has emailed me tonight to say he has made a mistake in his book and the aforementioned game was at Old Trafford.

Thanks - good to have that confirmed.
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 03:50 - Sep 21 with 1782 viewspioneer

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 21:24 - Sep 20 by Sheffdale

Thanks - good to have that confirmed.

Good news cos Ive got the programme and hate to think it was a fake! It is also listed in the fixtures/results pages of the programme for that season.
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 07:38 - Sep 21 with 1718 viewsEllDale

I wonder what the attendance was for that one in a stadium that had just been redeveloped for the World Cup!
Eastham had a reasonable pedigree in the game. I even think that he might have been at Bury when Stokoe was boss there.
Stokoe certainly had this thing about effort; remember when he tried to fine an entire team in 1980?
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 09:29 - Sep 21 with 1663 viewsSheffdale

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 07:38 - Sep 21 by EllDale

I wonder what the attendance was for that one in a stadium that had just been redeveloped for the World Cup!
Eastham had a reasonable pedigree in the game. I even think that he might have been at Bury when Stokoe was boss there.
Stokoe certainly had this thing about effort; remember when he tried to fine an entire team in 1980?

Yes Eastham did have a decent career at Bury. He played 188 games for Bury - an everpresent in the team that finished 8th in Div 2 in 1963 (Is that weeping I hear over at Gigg Lane?). That's from Stephen Phillips book too and it's the second time I've been to the bookshelf in two days. Time for a lie down.
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 10:44 - Sep 21 with 1613 viewsD_Alien

Must admit, i was only a youngster as Eastham's time at Dale was coming to an end, and my memory was of him being constantly dispossessed and the crowd groaning

He wasn't related to George Eastham, was he?

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 11:41 - Sep 21 with 1558 viewsJames1980

I know Oldham and Sunderland are poles apart but do you think JW11 deserves a starting place tomorrow?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 12:38 - Sep 21 with 1512 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 11:41 - Sep 21 by James1980

I know Oldham and Sunderland are poles apart but do you think JW11 deserves a starting place tomorrow?

No.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 12:56 - Sep 21 with 1491 viewsseasidedale

Notice that according to twitter Reece Brown is on trial at Oldham
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 13:22 - Sep 21 with 1462 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 11:41 - Sep 21 by James1980

We've just scored 3 v Scunthorpe and 3 v Gillingham in the league so we are in decent form going forward. I can't see Hill changing anything from last Saturday's starting X1.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:14 - Sep 21 with 1407 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 12:56 - Sep 21 by seasidedale

Notice that according to twitter Reece Brown is on trial at Oldham

Well suited....god help them both.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024