Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup 13:40 - Sep 18 with 9087 viewsSheffdale

Playing at Boundary Park - this one has crept under my radar. Strong team and 0-2 up after 20 mins.
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:07 - Sep 18 with 4849 viewsaleanddale

3-0

Strong side out!!!

Kick up the backside for the ones who need to offer more in training?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 14:09]
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:10 - Sep 18 with 4833 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:07 - Sep 18 by aleanddale

3-0

Strong side out!!!

Kick up the backside for the ones who need to offer more in training?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 14:09]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:12 - Sep 18 with 4829 viewsSuddenLad

4-0. Hat trick for Jordan Williams,. One for Inman

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:19 - Sep 18 with 4801 viewsSandyDrum

5-0, Inman again

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:23 - Sep 18 with 4774 viewsSandyDrum

6-0, Williams 4th

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:40 - Sep 18 with 4725 viewsflyerdale

Matheson must be missing double maths
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:48 - Sep 18 with 4708 viewsSuddenLad

7-0 Hopper with a 40 yarder, beating the keeper who was off his line.

Full Time: Dale win 7-0
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 14:51]

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:54 - Sep 18 with 4694 viewsSuddenLad

In answer to OP, it was advertised asa fixture, but not for paying customers. A 'behind closed doors' fixture. No idea why it should be for a recognised cup fixture......

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 15:14 - Sep 18 with 4633 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:54 - Sep 18 by SuddenLad

In answer to OP, it was advertised asa fixture, but not for paying customers. A 'behind closed doors' fixture. No idea why it should be for a recognised cup fixture......

To spare Oldham's blushes?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 15:20 - Sep 18 with 4615 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 15:14 - Sep 18 by DaleiLama

To spare Oldham's blushes?

Their official website has tried to do that with the report which contains no mention of the score.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/september/18092018-lanc-senior-cup/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 15:23 - Sep 18 with 4602 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 15:20 - Sep 18 by TVOS1907

Their official website has tried to do that with the report which contains no mention of the score.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/september/18092018-lanc-senior-cup/

Chuckle. Hoping the Latics faithful stopped counting at 5ish?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 16:14 - Sep 18 with 4498 viewsmoth5368

Massive score
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 16:33 - Sep 18 with 4423 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 14:54 - Sep 18 by SuddenLad

This seems strange, are they allowed to play these cup fixtures behind closed doors? Cost cutting exercise maybe.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 16:54 - Sep 18 with 4355 viewsEllDale

The Lancashire Senior Cup used to be quite a prestigious competition.
In the 1960's and early 1970's we always used to field a first team and there was quite a celebration when we won it. Was it 1971/72?
I suspect that the cost of opening a ground these days (stewards etc) dictated the fact that it was behind closed doors.
I don't know what sort of team Latics fielded but it's certainly given Hilly something to think about, especially with Jordan Williams scoring those goals.
At least we know that Inman is fit anyway. Has he been seen since the Fleetwood game?
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 16:59 - Sep 18 with 4333 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 16:54 - Sep 18 by EllDale

In the 1960's and early 1970's we always used to field a first team and there was quite a celebration when we won it. Was it 1971/72?
I suspect that the cost of opening a ground these days (stewards etc) dictated the fact that it was behind closed doors.
I don't know what sort of team Latics fielded but it's certainly given Hilly something to think about, especially with Jordan Williams scoring those goals.
At least we know that Inman is fit anyway. Has he been seen since the Fleetwood game?

An Oldham supporting mate just said they had an ex premier league player on trial which was the reason for the behind closed doors game. Not sure why it would need to be kept secret so i'll stick to my cost cutting exercise theory.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 17:03 - Sep 18 with 4323 viewssmaclad1

My lad's just given me a full match report - saved me the bother of reading it on the website for myself. Don't know about Oldham's team, but that is a pretty impressive line-up from ourselves.
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 17:09 - Sep 18 with 4305 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 16:59 - Sep 18 by MoonyDale

An Oldham supporting mate just said they had an ex premier league player on trial which was the reason for the behind closed doors game. Not sure why it would need to be kept secret so i'll stick to my cost cutting exercise theory.....

Hoefully, not either of their goalkeepers.

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 17:18 - Sep 18 with 4274 viewsEllDale

According to the official site Latics started with Zeus De La Paz in goal but replaced him with Ewan Macfarlane after halftime.
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 17:38 - Sep 18 with 4227 viewsJimmyRustler

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 17:18 - Sep 18 by EllDale

According to the official site Latics started with Zeus De La Paz in goal but replaced him with Ewan Macfarlane after halftime.

Might have been better off with Oscar De La Hoya and Seth Macfarlane by the sounds of it
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 17:39 - Sep 18 with 4222 viewsEllDale

God knows what Jose Baxter and Ishmael Miller thought of the proceedings.
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 17:54 - Sep 18 with 4175 viewsAncoats_Blue

It’s a funny old game
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 20:05 - Sep 18 with 3968 views49thseason

It's a magnificent trophy:
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/274090-u23s-clinch-lancashire-senior-cu
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 20:38 - Sep 18 with 3898 viewsSheffdale

Steven Philipps book on Dale players 1939-1973 has a few putting Lancs Cup winners 1971 in their profiles so yes treated seriously. In 1968 Bob Stokoe sacked Brian Eastham for lack of effort following a 7-0 home defeat in the competition to Man Utd Reserves. History has a habit of repeating itself, so I wonder if any players will be heading for the exit at Boundary Park following their 7-0 home defeat today?
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 20:41 - Sep 18 with 3891 viewspioneer

Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 16:54 - Sep 18 by EllDale

1970-71, our season of great cup games/runs and a large crowd at Spotland for the final against....oldham!
Match thread: Oldham Lancs Senior Cup on 20:55 - Sep 18 with 3842 viewsfitzochris

We’ve won it three times, most recently in 2005, beating our dear neighbours Bury.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024