Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland Ticket Sales 16:49 - Sep 18 with 6914 viewsDaleyBrent

Popped into the ticket office today to purchase my Sunderland Ticket. Was informed sales have reached over 700 to date!

Good stuff, Dale! Hoping for a 1200 turnout!!

It's certainly a better feeling than what could have been... Forest Green, Crawley etc. It' important to enjoy these occasions! Up the Dale.
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 16:56 - Sep 18 with 4724 viewssmaclad1

Bought mine over the phone this morning - having booked hotel over there got a bit twitchy with Sunderland's 'all ticket - not made our minds up about pay on the day' message on our club's website.

Quick reminder for all - as things stand - it's all ticket for us.
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 18:11 - Sep 18 with 4616 viewsShun

At 49,000 capacity will this be the biggest stadium we’ve ever played a league fixture at? Who do people reckon are the biggest clubs we’ve faced in the league too?
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 18:18 - Sep 18 with 4604 viewsMolly

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 18:11 - Sep 18 by Shun

At 49,000 capacity will this be the biggest stadium we’ve ever played a league fixture at? Who do people reckon are the biggest clubs we’ve faced in the league too?

Southampton must be up there.
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 19:47 - Sep 18 with 4476 viewsTVOS1907

No, Shun.

We've played league games at places like Villa Park, The Valley, Boothferry Park and Gigg Lane.

At the time, those grounds had huge capacities. The Valley used to be 75,000 until the late-1970s.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 19:48 - Sep 18 with 4475 viewsnordenblue

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 18:18 - Sep 18 by Molly

Hillsborough and Bramall Lane are both bigger than Southampton too
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 19:48 - Sep 18 with 4473 viewsTVOS1907

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 18:18 - Sep 18 by Molly

Its capacity is only* around 32,000.

* relatively speaking

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 07:57 - Sep 19 with 4267 viewsEllDale

I agree with TVOS about ground capacities today being nothing like they were a few decades ago.
Another stadium to add to the list is Maine Road. We played City there in the League Cup and the ground record there was over 80000.
I still marvel at how 24000 crammed into Spotland for that cuptie versus Notts County.
Did any of them actually manage to see any of the game?
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 09:46 - Sep 19 with 4177 viewsaleanddale

Biggest in League 2 must be either Hull - Notts County ( FO Chalky ) or Bradford?
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 10:15 - Sep 19 with 4150 viewsTVOS1907

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 09:46 - Sep 19 by aleanddale

Biggest in League 2 must be either Hull - Notts County ( FO Chalky ) or Bradford?

Depends how far you're going back. We played at Sheff Utd in 1982 when its capacity would have been well-over 40,000 as they didn't bother with safety and all-seater in those days.

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 11:13 - Sep 19 with 4066 viewsEllDale

Didn't we play at Molyneux in the Division Four days before it was redeveloped?
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 12:11 - Sep 19 with 3996 viewsTVOS1907

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 11:13 - Sep 19 by EllDale

Didn't we play at Molyneux in the Division Four days before it was redeveloped?

Twice, although parts of the ground had been condemned by then, so I'm not sure what its actual capacity was.

I do recall it being very soulless and empty one Tuesday November night in 1986 for a 0-0 draw.

We also played them in the 1920s, so the capacity would have been even bigger then.

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 12:26 - Sep 19 with 3974 viewsNigeriamark

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 12:11 - Sep 19 by TVOS1907

Twice, although parts of the ground had been condemned by then, so I'm not sure what its actual capacity was.

I do recall it being very soulless and empty one Tuesday November night in 1986 for a 0-0 draw.

We also played them in the 1920s, so the capacity would have been even bigger then.

What was the date of the home game against Wolves?

I got married that day and missed the game. As it was to turn out a grim day all round for me!! Probably why I can't remember the date
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 12:43 - Sep 19 with 3938 viewsTVOS1907

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 12:26 - Sep 19 by Nigeriamark

What was the date of the home game against Wolves?

I got married that day and missed the game. As it was to turn out a grim day all round for me!! Probably why I can't remember the date

Saturday 11th April 1987

Tuesday 1st March 1988

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 18:30 - Sep 20 with 3467 viewsShun

Over 1,000 tickets sold. Pay on the day available.

Edit: missed Col’s earlier post
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 19:38]
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 19:27 - Sep 20 with 3370 viewsdawlishdale

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 18:30 - Sep 20 by Shun

Over 1,000 tickets sold. Pay on the day available.

Edit: missed Col’s earlier post
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 19:38]

That's a really good effort from Dale supporters.

Well done to Sunderland for their reasonable pricing structure.

Just to think; we had to pay £25 to watch us at bloody Hartlepool about 7 years ago.
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 19:32 - Sep 20 with 3350 viewsAncoats_Blue

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 19:27 - Sep 20 by dawlishdale

That's a really good effort from Dale supporters.

Well done to Sunderland for their reasonable pricing structure.

Just to think; we had to pay £25 to watch us at bloody Hartlepool about 7 years ago.

Slightly worse than that wasn’t it £26?

You’re right though. I don’t kind paying £20, especially at a top quality ground. Anything more than that and I really start questioning whether i’ll Go to the game.
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 20:07 - Sep 20 with 3278 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 19:32 - Sep 20 by Ancoats_Blue

Slightly worse than that wasn’t it £26?

You’re right though. I don’t kind paying £20, especially at a top quality ground. Anything more than that and I really start questioning whether i’ll Go to the game.

Better when someone else pays

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 07:38 - Sep 21 with 3077 viewsaleanddale

Good decision to make pay on day!

Could be over 1250 - 1300 Dale fans there now. A great effort.

Fantastic stadium and a great part of the world for a weekend drink!.

Just need something from the game now!

Up the Dale!!
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 07:56 - Sep 21 with 3054 viewspioneer

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 12:11 - Sep 19 by TVOS1907

Yes 1923-4 season - two draws with them where a win in either game would have seen us go into second division. Albert Whitehurst scoring like it was going out of fashion ...and i bet there was still someone in the main stand yelling that he was no good.
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 12:41 - Sep 21 with 2898 viewsShun

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 07:38 - Sep 21 by aleanddale

Good decision to make pay on day!

Could be over 1250 - 1300 Dale fans there now. A great effort.

Fantastic stadium and a great part of the world for a weekend drink!.

Just need something from the game now!

Up the Dale!!

Without going all small club mentality I’d be intrigued to know our largest away followings relative to distance travelled. Probably difficult to work out but, for instance, I think taking over 1,000 fans a 127 mile trip to the north east is more impressive than taking 2,000 fans the 7 miles down the road to Bury.

Cup and playoff games exempt. Newport away when we had the chance of the League Two title a few years ago maybe? Or wasn’t there a Plymouth game a few years earlier that we needed to win to get into the playoffs?
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 13:07 - Sep 21 with 2844 viewsfermin

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 12:41 - Sep 21 by Shun

Without going all small club mentality I’d be intrigued to know our largest away followings relative to distance travelled. Probably difficult to work out but, for instance, I think taking over 1,000 fans a 127 mile trip to the north east is more impressive than taking 2,000 fans the 7 miles down the road to Bury.

Cup and playoff games exempt. Newport away when we had the chance of the League Two title a few years ago maybe? Or wasn’t there a Plymouth game a few years earlier that we needed to win to get into the playoffs?

I think it would either be that Plymouth game or possibly the one at Torquay in our promotion season when we lost 5-0 - they were near the bottom and results elsewhere meant a win would have taken us up.
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 13:49 - Sep 21 with 2782 viewsNigeriamark

Sunderland Ticket Sales on 13:07 - Sep 21 by fermin

I think it would either be that Plymouth game or possibly the one at Torquay in our promotion season when we lost 5-0 - they were near the bottom and results elsewhere meant a win would have taken us up.

Not the league but the Spurs and Palace cup games must be close. Don't remember the Dale crowd size at Palace but it was a fair few. Spurs one probably more impressive considering the weather and a night match
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 13:50]
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 15:28 - Sep 21 with 2648 views1907

Great following at Wolves away as well
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 15:40 - Sep 21 with 2626 viewsEllDale

And at Preston a couple of rounds before.
There were over 17000 at Halifax in May 1969 and the road over there was choked with coaches and cars from Rochdale.
Sunderland Ticket Sales on 16:01 - Sep 21 with 2595 viewsD_Alien

Two others worth mentioning:

That Southampton game, it looked like about 1000 or not far off

The Darlo playoff game

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024