Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium of S*ite 22:17 - Sep 21 with 5795 viewsDorkingDale

Safely ensconced in The Roker Hotel listening to the waves lapping (interspersed with the nose of the inebriated guests at a large wedding.....)

Any tips for an away-friendly pre-match pub? We're planning to leave car here & walk to the ground.......
Stadium of S*ite on 23:35 - Sep 21 with 4176 views_DailyDale

The Wheatsheaf
Stadium of S*ite on 07:24 - Sep 22 with 4048 viewssmaclad1

Staying a couple of doors down from you Dorking. Plan so far is the Harbour View - which is just round the corner - around noon then walking down Roker Avenue, maybe calling at the Avenue and time permitting the fanzone to try and catch up with the daytrippers.
Stadium of S*ite on 07:29 - Sep 22 with 4041 viewssmaclad1

You might find away friendly pubs in short supply with a thread heading like that...?
Stadium of S*ite on 07:31 - Sep 22 with 4040 viewsBartRowou

My tip: if you want an away-friendly pub, don't call their ground the Stadium of S-ite.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Stadium of S*ite on 07:48 - Sep 22 with 4005 viewssmaclad1

Stadium of S*ite on 07:31 - Sep 22 by BartRowou

My tip: if you want an away-friendly pub, don't call their ground the Stadium of S-ite.

Having suggested pubs where Dorking might now turn up, I'm heading into town early doors to have a "My name's not Dorking" teeshirt printed up.
Stadium of S*ite on 09:09 - Sep 22 with 3882 viewsDaleiLama

You could try looking for the Rokers return?

I would suggest the "ing" in your username is superfluous After an OP like that too. How old?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stadium of S*ite on 10:02 - Sep 22 with 3812 viewsSandyman

Had a good do in the William Jameson Wethetspoons last night. Shut at 1 AM so we had a good sesh. Will head for the Harbour View as suggested today.
Stadium of S*ite on 10:23 - Sep 22 with 3766 viewsDorkingDale

I learned it from a fervent Sunderland supporter - great long time friend, sadly no longer with us to share this encounter. Apparently it's widely used by their fans....
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium of S*ite on 10:25 - Sep 22 with 3759 viewsDorkingDale

See previous reply - it's used by their supporters.....
Stadium of S*ite on 10:44 - Sep 22 with 3719 viewsJames1980

Am I right in thinking, used by home supporters doesn't necessarily mean unfriendly to away ones?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Stadium of S*ite on 10:46 - Sep 22 with 3717 viewssmaclad1

Stadium of S*ite on 10:02 - Sep 22 by Sandyman

Had a good do in the William Jameson Wethetspoons last night. Shut at 1 AM so we had a good sesh. Will head for the Harbour View as suggested today.

Was in that Spoons at about 2.30 yesterday afternoon - very busy at that point. Also had a bit of a wander and went in the Ivy House, Chaplin's and Cooper Rose (another Spoons). Bit of a lightweight - called it quits mid-evening!
Stadium of S*ite on 13:11 - Sep 22 with 3526 viewsD_Alien

Stadium of S*ite on 10:46 - Sep 22 by smaclad1

Was in that Spoons at about 2.30 yesterday afternoon - very busy at that point. Also had a bit of a wander and went in the Ivy House, Chaplin's and Cooper Rose (another Spoons). Bit of a lightweight - called it quits mid-evening!

Needed a piss before reaching the city and checking in (anyone else ever nearly pissed their pants after a long journey while the host explains what time breakfast is? )

So having a pint too, local pale ale 4.8% in the wild boar, a spoons in houghton le spring about 5 miles away, only £1.99

Two hours to ko, it's a fine north east day and the excitement's starting to build. Hope people didn't get held up too long by the accident on M62 near Ripponden

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stadium of S*ite on 13:14 - Sep 22 with 3504 viewsShun

Stadium of S*ite on 13:11 - Sep 22 by D_Alien

Needed a piss before reaching the city and checking in (anyone else ever nearly pissed their pants after a long journey while the host explains what time breakfast is? )

So having a pint too, local pale ale 4.8% in the wild boar, a spoons in houghton le spring about 5 miles away, only £1.99

Two hours to ko, it's a fine north east day and the excitement's starting to build. Hope people didn't get held up too long by the accident on M62 near Ripponden

Just arriving now, only queued for a few minutes in that accident. It is indeed a nice day, let’s enjoy it! Joie de vivre!
Stadium of S*ite on 13:27 - Sep 22 with 3471 viewsDaleiLama

Supermarkets (and pubs if you need refresment) were invented to prevent such accidents.

That pale ale sounds the dogs.

Enjoy the game fellas and gals
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 13:27]

Stadium of S*ite on 13:35 - Sep 22 with 3443 viewsdownunder

Win or loose, have a booze.

Enjoy!
Stadium of S*ite on 13:50 - Sep 22 with 3398 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sat in Wetherspoons in centre, there is a large orange lodge meeting occurring !

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Stadium of S*ite on 14:17 - Sep 22 with 3342 viewsD_Alien

Stadium of S*ite on 13:50 - Sep 22 by rochdaleriddler

Sat in Wetherspoons in centre, there is a large orange lodge meeting occurring !

I'm here too, it's just passing

Stadium of S*ite on 14:21 - Sep 22 with 3330 viewsrochdaleriddler

Stadium of S*ite on 14:17 - Sep 22 by D_Alien

There’s a lot of them

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Stadium of S*ite on 14:25 - Sep 22 with 3314 viewsD_Alien

Stadium of S*ite on 14:21 - Sep 22 by rochdaleriddler

There’s a lot of them

Mainly from Scotland, was asking a bloke in colours what it was about, thick glasgy accent couldn't understand i word, but they were making speeches at the war memorial

Stadium of S*ite on 14:41 - Sep 22 with 3265 viewsDaleiLama

Stadium of S*ite on 14:25 - Sep 22 by D_Alien

Mainly from Scotland, was asking a bloke in colours what it was about, thick glasgy accent couldn't understand i word, but they were making speeches at the war memorial

You should have spoken more clearly!

Stadium of S*ite on 16:17 - Sep 22 with 3111 viewsAncoats_Blue

Stadium of S*ite on 14:17 - Sep 22 by D_Alien

Are you two one of those posters who has duplicate accounts?
Stadium of S*ite on 17:41 - Sep 22 with 3066 viewsD_Alien

Stadium of S*ite on 16:17 - Sep 22 by Ancoats_Blue

Are you two one of those posters who has duplicate accounts?

No, why do you ask?

Stadium of S*ite on 17:46 - Sep 22 with 3051 viewskiwidale

Stadium of S*ite on 17:41 - Sep 22 by D_Alien

No, why do you ask?

Both in the same pub both on here at the same time is very suss.

This is not the time for bickering.

Stadium of S*ite on 20:47 - Sep 22 with 2797 viewssmaclad1

From my HQ on Roker seafront, started off at the Poetic Licence - the bar attached to Dorking's hotel, onto the Harbour View where met up with Sandyman, couple of beers there then onto the Avenue, then onto the Wheatsheaf where I believe a Trust Committee member picked up a few ideas about livening up the Dale Bar. Finally caught up with Dorking Dale at half time .

After match back to Poetic Licence - if Dorking's staying tonight there is another party on so won't get much kip tonight either!
Stadium of S*ite on 23:37 - Sep 22 with 2657 viewskiwidale

Stadium of S*ite on 20:47 - Sep 22 by smaclad1

From my HQ on Roker seafront, started off at the Poetic Licence - the bar attached to Dorking's hotel, onto the Harbour View where met up with Sandyman, couple of beers there then onto the Avenue, then onto the Wheatsheaf where I believe a Trust Committee member picked up a few ideas about livening up the Dale Bar. Finally caught up with Dorking Dale at half time .

After match back to Poetic Licence - if Dorking's staying tonight there is another party on so won't get much kip tonight either!

Are you saying Sandyman was the lightweight who only put in half a shift?

This is not the time for bickering.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024