Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Squad 18:31 - Sep 22 with 2379 viewsblackdogblue

Why recruit as many players as we did, make players sign extensions & start games with the likes of Matty Gillam on the pitch & 2 school kids on the bench...

BBM must be registered as he has a squad number for the lancs cup, he will be in midfield next week.,.

Where are they all? Hill cannot fall out with everyone...

Stand by this, it’s not because we lost today but seriously questioning his ability to manage the team selections & the waffle in pre & more so post match interviews

Needs a vote as various threads are for & defending.. I get the point I read on the back page of the observer how many league 1 managers have survived more than one season let alone his record.

Is it time for a managerial change?

For me Yes.. Hill Out

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Our Squad on 18:41 - Sep 22 with 2332 views442Dale

There doesn’t need to be a conversation around a manager’s future alongside a debate about squad size and how its utilised, the two can be mutually exclusive.

Right now, there does need to an acceptance that we have too many players who should be making the matchday squad ahead of a 15 year old. And I’d include the likes of Morley and Finnerty in that (again, injuries permitting)

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Our Squad on 18:46 - Sep 22 with 2319 viewsblackdogblue

Our Squad on 18:41 - Sep 22 by 442Dale

There doesn’t need to be a conversation around a manager’s future alongside a debate about squad size and how its utilised, the two can be mutually exclusive.

Right now, there does need to an acceptance that we have too many players who should be making the matchday squad ahead of a 15 year old. And I’d include the likes of Morley and Finnerty in that (again, injuries permitting)

Half the squad wasn’t injured against Oldham?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Our Squad on 18:46 - Sep 22 with 2318 viewskiwidale

Having GIllam Adshead and Matheson who as you say are kids Is typical Hill being Hill shaming players he deems not buying into his ideas. If there is any truth in the rumour about Perkins falling out with Hill, maybe others is true? it could backfire on Hill, senior pro's will not put up with shit like that. How would you feel if it happened to you in such a public manner? sitting in the stands with two schoolboys on the bench.

This is not the time for bickering.

Our Squad on 18:49 - Sep 22 with 2305 views442Dale

Our Squad on 18:46 - Sep 22 by blackdogblue

Half the squad wasn’t injured against Oldham?

No I know. Was saying in the absence of injury news, that some players who played v Oldham should have been involved today.

Our Squad on 19:21 - Sep 22 with 2226 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Our Squad on 18:46 - Sep 22 by kiwidale

Having GIllam Adshead and Matheson who as you say are kids Is typical Hill being Hill shaming players he deems not buying into his ideas. If there is any truth in the rumour about Perkins falling out with Hill, maybe others is true? it could backfire on Hill, senior pro's will not put up with shit like that. How would you feel if it happened to you in such a public manner? sitting in the stands with two schoolboys on the bench.

Re your last point.......if sitting in the stands with a couple of kids still involves being paid a barrow load of money why bother?

Hill makes a similar point about injuries......sit about for a while looking glum and holding your knee,easy stuff as long as your still on the monthly payroll.
Our Squad on 20:28 - Sep 22 with 2059 viewsdingdangblue

So Gillam comes on v Scunthorpe, does well and scores the equaliser.
Does well last week v Gillingham and sets up Hendo's 2nd.
Doesn't do anything today and he's shite and Hill wants sacking!
Terrific post.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Our Squad on 20:37 - Sep 22 with 2024 views442Dale

Our Squad on 20:28 - Sep 22 by dingdangblue

So Gillam comes on v Scunthorpe, does well and scores the equaliser.
Does well last week v Gillingham and sets up Hendo's 2nd.
Doesn't do anything today and he's shite and Hill wants sacking!
Terrific post.

He was pretty anonymous at Scunthorpe before the goal and had a decent game v Gillingham. Opinions but yet to see clear signs he’ll ever be a regular.

He’s neither shite nor great, it’s the uncertainty that’s a worry because he’s starting games ahead of players who shouldn’t be behind him in the pecking order. That’s on the manager and the players who aren’t in the squad though, not Gillam.

Hill’s position isn’t even a conversation.

Our Squad on 20:44 - Sep 22 with 2007 viewsdingdangblue

Our Squad on 20:37 - Sep 22 by 442Dale

He was pretty anonymous at Scunthorpe before the goal and had a decent game v Gillingham. Opinions but yet to see clear signs he’ll ever be a regular.

He’s neither shite nor great, it’s the uncertainty that’s a worry because he’s starting games ahead of players who shouldn’t be behind him in the pecking order. That’s on the manager and the players who aren’t in the squad though, not Gillam.

He was excellent last week so deserved his start today ahead of others - no matter what they've done in the past. What happens next Saturday is anyone's guess!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

Our Squad on 20:48 - Sep 22 with 1993 viewsDaleiLama

Our Squad on 20:44 - Sep 22 by dingdangblue

He was excellent last week so deserved his start today ahead of others - no matter what they've done in the past. What happens next Saturday is anyone's guess!

StingRAyFC?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Our Squad on 20:52 - Sep 22 with 1981 views49thseason

Of the 13 outfield players used today, 7 were 22 or under. I think we have to accept that KH is playing a longer game than just the next 90 minutes or even the next 30-odd matches.
There are almost 2 complete teams, One comprising older (23+ players and one of under 22 players. My guess is that the younger players will get as many opportunities to learn their trade as possible and that the older heads will find their heels being snapped at by the kids more and more as their stamina, ability and game awareness and management improves. The Oldham and Bury games indicate that there are more youngsters knocking at the door and as many as possible will get their chance to shine. The only managerial trick is to keep the club in L1 whilst these youngsters graduate into automatic first picks.
It would be foolhardy in the extreme to oust the architect of what might ultimately prove to be the Ajax of the Northwest, a veritable production line of high-quality talent. The old heads are here to steady the ship in times of need, we are not building a team around them.
Our Squad on 20:53 - Sep 22 with 1977 views442Dale

Our Squad on 20:44 - Sep 22 by dingdangblue

He played well last week, the concerns are he’s starting ahead of others, we should be concerned why that’s the case as he’s no Jamie Allen who you could immediately see was a long term first team option.

If we’re totally limited in options because of injury, as mentioned last week then it’s understandable. Just don’t see his role yet, again that might just be me.

Our Squad on 21:08 - Sep 22 with 1919 viewsnordenblue

Our Squad on 20:52 - Sep 22 by 49thseason

Of the 13 outfield players used today, 7 were 22 or under. I think we have to accept that KH is playing a longer game than just the next 90 minutes or even the next 30-odd matches.
There are almost 2 complete teams, One comprising older (23+ players and one of under 22 players. My guess is that the younger players will get as many opportunities to learn their trade as possible and that the older heads will find their heels being snapped at by the kids more and more as their stamina, ability and game awareness and management improves. The Oldham and Bury games indicate that there are more youngsters knocking at the door and as many as possible will get their chance to shine. The only managerial trick is to keep the club in L1 whilst these youngsters graduate into automatic first picks.
It would be foolhardy in the extreme to oust the architect of what might ultimately prove to be the Ajax of the Northwest, a veritable production line of high-quality talent. The old heads are here to steady the ship in times of need, we are not building a team around them.

Some excellent points there 49th, I personally feel we need to see things happening consistently here and now during a league campaign too.

After last years "performances" I don't think Hilly will get as easy a ride like he was granted last time around and while he may be building for the future the current folk forking out £50 plus for today's efforts deserve a better reward. Stadiums like today aren't really the place for bedding in a few kids.
Our Squad on 21:17 - Sep 22 with 1875 viewsD_Alien

Our Squad on 21:08 - Sep 22 by nordenblue

Some excellent points there 49th, I personally feel we need to see things happening consistently here and now during a league campaign too.

After last years "performances" I don't think Hilly will get as easy a ride like he was granted last time around and while he may be building for the future the current folk forking out £50 plus for today's efforts deserve a better reward. Stadiums like today aren't really the place for bedding in a few kids.

That's why i was so impressed with Hart

Of all the Dale lads on the pitch, he played like he belonged on that stage

That kind of game really sorts the men out from the boys. Decent performances from McGahey & Rathbone, Hendo was his usual self (booking included) and Lillis can't be faulted for any of the goals. I thought their keeper had a good game too, was actually the busier of the two

[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 21:21]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Our Squad on 21:53 - Sep 22 with 1791 viewsdingdangblue

Our Squad on 20:53 - Sep 22 by 442Dale

He played well last week, the concerns are he’s starting ahead of others, we should be concerned why that’s the case as he’s no Jamie Allen who you could immediately see was a long term first team option.

If we’re totally limited in options because of injury, as mentioned last week then it’s understandable. Just don’t see his role yet, again that might just be me.

No I completely see where you are coming from regarding Gillam - I thought he'd turned a corner with his energetic performance last week and an assist - but seems like he's been anonymous today. Whether that's enough to see him out of the team again is anyone's guess but you would hope others would bust a gut in training this week to let Hill know they should be playing.

Our Squad on 23:18 - Sep 22 with 1677 viewsmacro

Gillam deserved his place in the side, he’d played very well in all his appearances before today. Not the greatest today but he’d taken his chances. Who would you replace Hill with? Yes Hill makes mistakes but I personally would prefer him in charge than any of the idiots such as Hasselbaink or others you bounce from job to job in league 1
Our Squad on 00:55 - Sep 23 with 1596 viewsShun

Our Squad on 20:37 - Sep 22 by 442Dale

He was indeed anonymous against Scunthorpe apart from his goal, but that goal and his performance last week meant he deserved his place today. He didn’t do well though and I’m still not of the opinion that he’ll make it. I genuinely applaud what Hill’s doing with the youth players, it’s probably my favourite aspect of his management, and I agree with 49th’s excellent post that with Hill it’s more often than not about the long game - his job security affords him that opportunity.

That being said, if we’re sticking with this 4231 formation I would love to see Done playing in Gillam’s place - it would literally be his perfect position. If Hill’s adamant that youth is to be kept faith with (and again I applaud that), then Adshead or Morley are more than worthy of taking Camps’ midfield spot on current form.
Our Squad on 23:48 - Sep 23 with 1140 viewssweetcorn

i’m assuming the black dog in your name refers to the pub up spotland. I think you’ve had one too many taddy’s when you posted this.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024