Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
some advice on I-Cloud 12:47 - Sep 26 with 1404 viewsNigeriamark

About 4 years ago I bought a MacBook air. The storage is not great so I needed to back up data, photos etc on either Cloud or a hard drive. As I didn't know what the cloud really was or how to use it I opted for a hard drive & backed up about 7 or 8 years of photos files etc on it from other computers too. 2 years ago I dropped it and lost the lot as it seems they break easily & you can't recover the data. I then opted to buy extra space on 1-Cloud and am storing stuff from the laptop and my I-pod. I never seemed to click anything so I was not sure what is in the cloud or what is still on my laptop but it seemed to all be there.
I now want to put my laptop back to factory settings but am a bit worried about losing the data. Last night i dragged every file, photo I could see into what seems to be called I cloud drive in Finder on the Laptop. I an now see most of these on my I-Pod. So a few questions

1. If I now wipe/reset my computer, does this mean that everything will still remain in the cloud to be seen on my I-pod, or will everything that was originally stored on the Laptop will be deleted from both the device and cloud

2. If so do I need to put everything on a USB or another hard drive

3. I will buy an iPad. If I use the same apple ID will I see everything in cloud immediately on this iPad?

4. I have an old I-phone which seems to have a different Apple ID ( perhaps I once opened another Apple ID although I don't remember). Can I move photos from that phone to the same cloud as the other stuff even though it is a different apple ID

You may have guessed tech is not my strong point so no laughing please, but any help appreciated
some advice on I-Cloud on 14:10 - Sep 26 with 1327 viewsrochdale_ranger

Everything stays on your iCloud unless you delete it ( even deleted apps are recoverable so I presume it’s the same with files such as pictures) My iPhone broke last year and everything was recovered through my ICloud account so I didn’t lose anything.

If your really struggling take your iPad to the apple store and they will fix/setup/repair or give you the best advice. I’m presuming you live back over here now so your nearest store is at the Trafford centre.
some advice on I-Cloud on 15:43 - Sep 26 with 1281 viewsNigeriamark

some advice on I-Cloud on 14:10 - Sep 26 by rochdale_ranger

Everything stays on your iCloud unless you delete it ( even deleted apps are recoverable so I presume it’s the same with files such as pictures) My iPhone broke last year and everything was recovered through my ICloud account so I didn’t lose anything.

If your really struggling take your iPad to the apple store and they will fix/setup/repair or give you the best advice. I’m presuming you live back over here now so your nearest store is at the Trafford centre.

Thanks. I’m actually living in Ukraine and there are no official iPhone stores. However I am coming over for the next 2 Dale games so will try & get over there too
some advice on I-Cloud on 20:49 - Sep 26 with 1182 viewsrochdale_ranger

some advice on I-Cloud on 15:43 - Sep 26 by Nigeriamark

Thanks. I’m actually living in Ukraine and there are no official iPhone stores. However I am coming over for the next 2 Dale games so will try & get over there too

Akways wanted to go the Ukraine, Lviv especially. Definitely on the to do list. Being the technophobe that I am the idea of walking into an apple store wasn’t really appealing but they are really helpful.
some advice on I-Cloud on 10:03 - Sep 28 with 1023 viewsRalphs12

some advice on I-Cloud on 15:43 - Sep 26 by Nigeriamark

Make sure you pre book or they won’t see to you, you can do it online.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024