Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peoples views and opinions 17:13 - Oct 3 with 5924 viewsrochdaleriddler

If I went to see a comedy show, and I didn’t find it funny, and I said by way of review I was bored , would I get slagged off for my lack of comedy knowledge, not recognising the comedians bravery? Probably not because comedy appreciation or not, much like football enjoyment is hugely personal and subjective. One doesn’t need to have played for the school team 50 years ago, or the dog and duck whilst hungover to watch a game, the same as not participating in the footlights review leaves me unable to watch comedy. I really am fed up of people feeling that only they have the correct opinion, and that other people’s views are invalid in some way and must be put down

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Peoples views and opinions on 17:18 - Oct 3 with 3005 viewsD_Alien

Nowt wrong with having an opinion, just as there's nowt wrong with someone disagreeing

No-one has been put down, although your dog looks a bit comatose

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Peoples views and opinions on 17:19 - Oct 3 with 2993 viewsrochdale_ranger

Depends which comedian your talking about? I’m gonna second what dAlien said about the dog too.
Peoples views and opinions on 17:20 - Oct 3 with 2984 viewsjudd

Don't let it get to you.

Another person disagreeing with you should only really be expressing their own opinion, and that is all it should be - an expressed opinion and not an edict.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Peoples views and opinions on 17:23 - Oct 3 with 2983 viewsdeeplishblue

Peoples views and opinions on 17:20 - Oct 3 by judd

Don't let it get to you.

Another person disagreeing with you should only really be expressing their own opinion, and that is all it should be - an expressed opinion and not an edict.

what a load of bollox

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Peoples views and opinions on 17:23 - Oct 3 with 2971 viewsjudd

Peoples views and opinions on 17:23 - Oct 3 by deeplishblue

what a load of bollox

I agree.

Peoples views and opinions on 17:24 - Oct 3 with 2972 viewsJames1980

Much easier to say 'you are wrong, you stupid fool' Than to explain the error of their ways

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Peoples views and opinions on 17:36 - Oct 3 with 2950 viewsD_Alien

Peoples views and opinions on 17:24 - Oct 3 by James1980

Much easier to say 'you are wrong, you stupid fool' Than to explain the error of their ways

That's perfectly true James

Can't remember the last time anyone said anything like that; they'd get shot down, and rightly so

Peoples views and opinions on 17:58 - Oct 3 with 2901 viewsblackdogblue

I may be wrong here but see an underlying message in your post..

Everyone has an opinion mate, some agree, some disagree, some do for a reaction & some do to be hurtful.

Some posts are funny, some are sad, some are sarcastic and some are personal and spiteful..

At the end of the day mate, don’t let anyone get you down, come back wittier & show a higher level of IQ

If all else fails, plenty of beer helps, especially after a Rochdale game 😀😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Peoples views and opinions on 18:01 - Oct 3 with 2884 viewsShun

Completely different as comedy is far more subjective than football. Success in football is quantifiable whereas in comedy it isn’t, so it’s difficult to be deemed right or wrong when discussing comedy.
Peoples views and opinions on 18:02 - Oct 3 with 2884 viewsrochdaleriddler

Peoples views and opinions on 17:58 - Oct 3 by blackdogblue

Everyone has an opinion mate, some agree, some disagree, some do for a reaction & some do to be hurtful.

Some posts are funny, some are sad, some are sarcastic and some are personal and spiteful..

At the end of the day mate, don’t let anyone get you down, come back wittier & show a higher level of IQ

I was only having a little moan! Maybe that was my problem last night, watching the game sober. I try not to drink mon- thurs

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Peoples views and opinions on 18:04 - Oct 3 with 2879 viewstony_roch975

Peoples views and opinions on 17:58 - Oct 3 by blackdogblue

good post - dare I go further and say it's the personal or spiteful ones that are full of hate and aim to be hurtful that should have no place on our Forum

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Peoples views and opinions on 18:11 - Oct 3 with 2866 viewsrochdaleriddler

Peoples views and opinions on 17:18 - Oct 3 by D_Alien

Nowt wrong with having an opinion, just as there's nowt wrong with someone disagreeing

That is my grand-doggy Ruby who is alive and well, although has been for a check up and jabs today so is a little grumpy

Peoples views and opinions on 18:16 - Oct 3 with 2851 viewsrochdaleriddler

Peoples views and opinions on 18:01 - Oct 3 by Shun

Completely different as comedy is far more subjective than football. Success in football is quantifiable whereas in comedy it isn’t, so it’s difficult to be deemed right or wrong when discussing comedy.

Success in football is entirely subjective, for us it’s about survival, for Man City it’s winning the league. For jimmy cricket and tommy cannon it is not getting stoned off stage, for Jason manford and Peter Kay it’s about filling stadia and counting their millions

Peoples views and opinions on 18:18 - Oct 3 with 2841 viewsblackdogblue

Peoples views and opinions on 18:02 - Oct 3 by rochdaleriddler

I was only having a little moan! Maybe that was my problem last night, watching the game sober. I try not to drink mon- thurs

Like post match discussions, every day ends in a “Y”, y did I get up, y do I drink too much, y do I feel we will win on a Saturday morning etc.etc

Isn’t that a song? Maybe I should be Delilahblue lol, hopefully cheered you up pal, until I disagree with ur next post 😂😂👍

Peoples views and opinions on 18:21 - Oct 3 with 2833 viewsblackdogblue

Peoples views and opinions on 18:04 - Oct 3 by tony_roch975

good post - dare I go further and say it's the personal or spiteful ones that are full of hate and aim to be hurtful that should have no place on our Forum

👍 cheers

Peoples views and opinions on 18:28 - Oct 3 with 2801 viewsD_Alien

Peoples views and opinions on 18:11 - Oct 3 by rochdaleriddler

That is my grand-doggy Ruby who is alive and well, although has been for a check up and jabs today so is a little grumpy

Having jabs is a subjective experience and not every dog will be grumpy...

But seriously... glad to hear it!

Just to clarify - what's a grand-doggy? Is it a third generation pet?

Peoples views and opinions on 19:11 - Oct 3 with 2710 viewsrochdaleriddler

Peoples views and opinions on 18:28 - Oct 3 by D_Alien

Having jabs is a subjective experience and not every dog will be grumpy...

But seriously... glad to hear it!

Just to clarify - what's a grand-doggy? Is it a third generation pet?

She was my late son’s dog, and he was her dad, so I’m her grandad

Peoples views and opinions on 19:30 - Oct 3 with 2661 viewsMoonyDale

Peoples views and opinions on 17:18 - Oct 3 by D_Alien

My little Dog was put down last week and I completely object to this post.....Well no I don't really but she was PTS at the not so grand age of 5, fookin devastating losing a dog at any age......Didn't think I would get upset but bawled my bloody lamps out....The comedy thing is subjective and what one person finds wetting their pants funny wouldn't raise so much as a titter from another....am sure there was a comedy thread on here somewhere not that long ago...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Peoples views and opinions on 19:34 - Oct 3 with 2646 viewsJames1980

Peoples views and opinions on 17:36 - Oct 3 by D_Alien

That's perfectly true James

Can't remember the last time anyone said anything like that; they'd get shot down, and rightly so

How about 'Your view is foolish, my view is blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda, you are a twit if you disagree'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Peoples views and opinions on 20:21 - Oct 3 with 2597 viewschalky_ncfc

There's only one comedian that I can't stand and that's Romesh Ranganathan,I can't stand the sight of him nevermind listen to his 'jokes',the thing is he bloody everywhere lately,probably up to his eyes in blackmail with tv execs no doubt

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Peoples views and opinions on 20:42 - Oct 3 with 2548 viewsjudd

Peoples views and opinions on 20:21 - Oct 3 by chalky_ncfc

There's only one comedian that I can't stand and that's Romesh Ranganathan,I can't stand the sight of him nevermind listen to his 'jokes',the thing is he bloody everywhere lately,probably up to his eyes in blackmail with tv execs no doubt

He's brilliant.

Peoples views and opinions on 21:09 - Oct 3 with 2500 viewsdingdangblue

Peoples views and opinions on 20:21 - Oct 3 by chalky_ncfc

When you see him on tv do you say...

F#ck off Romesh

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Peoples views and opinions on 21:24 - Oct 3 with 2472 viewskiwidale

Peoples views and opinions on 18:11 - Oct 3 by rochdaleriddler

Riddler anybody that loves an old dog is alright in my eyes.

Cue song.

https://binged.it/2NjEAKX

This is not the time for bickering.

Peoples views and opinions on 21:26 - Oct 3 with 2467 viewskel

Peoples views and opinions on 21:09 - Oct 3 by dingdangblue

When you see him on tv do you say...

F#ck off Romesh

Achingly dull. Achingly.
Peoples views and opinions on 21:54 - Oct 3 with 2417 viewsdingdangblue

Peoples views and opinions on 21:26 - Oct 3 by kel

Achingly dull. Achingly.

Don't put yourself down.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024