Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with Paddy. 12:58 - Oct 11 with 3265 viewsCockneyDale

Talks early on about his time with Rochdale. I'll be honest, I switched off after that as its a long one!

Interview with Paddy. on 21:31 - Oct 11 with 2833 viewsdownunder

Confirms what we all thought was going on. Brought back memories of several cracking goals.
Interview with Paddy. on 22:09 - Oct 11 with 2793 viewsfitzochris

No thought about it, sadly. We regularly saw him in Queensway Snooker Club clutching a bottle of Blue WKD. He was quite open about how he was feeling, too.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Interview with Paddy. on 08:45 - Oct 12 with 2578 viewsBobbyjoe

Interview with Paddy. on 22:09 - Oct 11 by fitzochris

No thought about it, sadly. We regularly saw him in Queensway Snooker Club clutching a bottle of Blue WKD. He was quite open about how he was feeling, too.

Nothing sad about anything I saw. Just joy.
Interview with Paddy. on 08:49 - Oct 12 with 2574 viewsrochdaleriddler

The interesting bit for me was him saying he was on £500-£600 a week as a 17 year old. Later he says when he was playing back in Ireland he wasn’t getting paid regularly but he was ok because of his pay off from Rochdale . How much are our young players on now , got to be well over a grand a week

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Interview with Paddy. on 08:54 - Oct 12 with 2571 viewsfitzochris

Interview with Paddy. on 08:45 - Oct 12 by Bobbyjoe

Nothing sad about anything I saw. Just joy.

On the pitch, yes.

Off it, not so much.

Interview with Paddy. on 10:57 - Oct 12 with 2468 viewssmaclad1

Just dipped in and out of the video and didn't catch any bits where he expressed regret - seems to have enjoyed his career and possibly had a beer or two along the way.

Not quite on the same level, but did remind me of the legendary George Best story of the night a waiter delivering champagne to his hotel room where thousands of pounds and Miss World were on the bed, the waiter asking the legendary question: "Mr Best, where did it all go wrong?"
Interview with Paddy. on 11:56 - Oct 12 with 2421 viewsfitzochris

Interview with Paddy. on 10:57 - Oct 12 by smaclad1

Just dipped in and out of the video and didn't catch any bits where he expressed regret - seems to have enjoyed his career and possibly had a beer or two along the way.

Not quite on the same level, but did remind me of the legendary George Best story of the night a waiter delivering champagne to his hotel room where thousands of pounds and Miss World were on the bed, the waiter asking the legendary question: "Mr Best, where did it all go wrong?"

Who said he had expressed regret?

Interview with Paddy. on 08:47 - Oct 13 with 2170 viewssmaclad1

Interview with Paddy. on 11:56 - Oct 12 by fitzochris

Who said he had expressed regret?

errrr….nobody?

Bearing in mind I only dipped in and out of the interview so there is a danger I took some bits out of context, but from what I did pick up he comments on his experiences as a young lad suddenly transplanted from Ireland to Rochdale being handed a wad of cash each week; he talks about not being the most athletically minded footballer around and how this may have held him back in the eyes of certain managers; he talks about certain aspects of his move back to Ireland as maybe not have been the best thing to do. All done, I thought, in a matter of fact way, with humour and no apparent regret. And so, bearing in mind he was one of the most naturally gifted players to have graced Spotland in recent times, if not the most naturally gifted, he may have had regrets about how his career turned out. A bit more guidance when he came to Rochdale, a bit more athleticism about him, making a different choice when he moved back to Ireland - all may have had different outcomes for him.

As things turned out, he won trophies in Scottish and Irish top flight leagues and made international appearances. So, the boy done well. But...look at his career stats and seems rarely to have hit 50% turnouts in a season, should he have been selected more at international level? Who knows? Not me, but for a player of his talent it seems a shame he didn't get a chance to show it on more prominent stages.

Anyway, as I said, he didn't express regret, seems to have had a good time along the way and would expect he has a fund of stories that could have justified a five hour interview.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024