Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions for Mr Mason 21:04 - Oct 11 with 5634 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Questions for Mr Mason on 11:31 - Oct 12 with 4655 viewsJames1980

Did any of you send in a question for the new CEO?

Questions for Mr Mason on 12:01 - Oct 12 with 4616 viewstony_roch975

Questions for Mr Mason on 11:31 - Oct 12 by James1980

Did any of you send in a question for the new CEO?

just seen this, great idea so sent one in (if it's not too late)

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Questions for Mr Mason on 12:21 - Oct 12 with 4589 viewsdeeplishblue

Are you or have you ever been a Mason ?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Questions for Mr Mason on 15:15 - Oct 12 with 4391 viewsShun

I’d like to ask him where he’s stood in that photo.
Questions for Mr Mason on 15:36 - Oct 12 with 4336 viewsD_Alien

I'd ask him how it felt to be promoted 19997 times...

[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 15:37]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Questions for Mr Mason on 16:46 - Oct 12 with 4270 viewsDaleiLama

Questions for Mr Mason on 15:15 - Oct 12 by Shun

I’d like to ask him where he’s stood in that photo.

Not sure about then but he's in the deep end now!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Questions for Mr Mason on 16:52 - Oct 12 with 4257 viewsD_Alien

Questions for Mr Mason on 16:46 - Oct 12 by DaleiLama

Not sure about then but he's in the deep end now!

20,000 leagues under?

Questions for Mr Mason on 17:01 - Oct 12 with 4234 viewsDaleiLama

Questions for Mr Mason on 16:52 - Oct 12 by D_Alien

20,000 leagues under?

……….. or Voyage of the Damned (aka up shit-creek without a paddle)

Edit: In all seriousness, as posted when it was announced, I wish the bloke nothing but the best.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 17:01]

Login to get fewer ads

Questions for Mr Mason on 17:05 - Oct 12 with 4216 viewsD_Alien

Questions for Mr Mason on 17:01 - Oct 12 by DaleiLama

……….. or Voyage of the Damned (aka up shit-creek without a paddle)

Edit: In all seriousness, as posted when it was announced, I wish the bloke nothing but the best.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 17:01]

Paddle or no, he's found himself North by North West

Questions for Mr Mason on 18:17 - Oct 12 with 4097 viewsDaleiLama

Edit: Speaks very well ………… the proof of the pudding …………..
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 18:56]

Questions for Mr Mason on 19:02 - Oct 12 with 4052 views442Dale

Really good interview. Very open to fan engagement and finding out what ideas people have to improve what we do.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Questions for Mr Mason on 20:29 - Oct 12 with 3898 viewsfitzochris

Questions for Mr Mason on 19:02 - Oct 12 by 442Dale

Really good interview. Very open to fan engagement and finding out what ideas people have to improve what we do.

I agree - 20 plus minutes will spent. Seems very committed to growing the club and pulling a few people out of their comfort zone - perhaps even looking at the music offering!

And it’s not all bluster. He hasn’t promised anything to do with reduced season ticket prices just because it’s popular. Be interested to see what he decides there.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 20:29]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Questions for Mr Mason on 21:36 - Oct 12 with 3793 viewssmaclad1

Questions for Mr Mason on 20:29 - Oct 12 by fitzochris

I agree - 20 plus minutes will spent. Seems very committed to growing the club and pulling a few people out of their comfort zone - perhaps even looking at the music offering!

And it’s not all bluster. He hasn’t promised anything to do with reduced season ticket prices just because it’s popular. Be interested to see what he decides there.

Says all the things you would expect him to, though I'm sure some would be disappointed that there was no mention of the match board on Sandy Lane being kept up to date. Speaks with some authority on matters at Bradford, but do we know how integral he was to the development of those initiatives, or was he a cog in the machine? Apologies if I have missed any background info posted on him.

He talked about the three areas of the club - the football team, the academy and the business/community end. What I didn't hear was any particular mention to management, development and promotion of the stadium and related facilities. OK, establishing business networks, linkages for community activities etc will use the stadium and facilities, but how are these managed, what is the business plan, how are the facilities to be enhanced and promoted? I acknowledge that provision of corporate facilities for meetings, conferences and such like is a competitive business and the club may not want to be too open about plans, but some indication of direction (and affordability for the local community wanting to hire a room) would perhaps be appreciated.

Edit - not a reply to Fitzochris - meant to add to topic.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 21:54]
Questions for Mr Mason on 21:57 - Oct 12 with 3745 viewsDaleiLama

Questions for Mr Mason on 21:36 - Oct 12 by smaclad1

Says all the things you would expect him to, though I'm sure some would be disappointed that there was no mention of the match board on Sandy Lane being kept up to date. Speaks with some authority on matters at Bradford, but do we know how integral he was to the development of those initiatives, or was he a cog in the machine? Apologies if I have missed any background info posted on him.

He talked about the three areas of the club - the football team, the academy and the business/community end. What I didn't hear was any particular mention to management, development and promotion of the stadium and related facilities. OK, establishing business networks, linkages for community activities etc will use the stadium and facilities, but how are these managed, what is the business plan, how are the facilities to be enhanced and promoted? I acknowledge that provision of corporate facilities for meetings, conferences and such like is a competitive business and the club may not want to be too open about plans, but some indication of direction (and affordability for the local community wanting to hire a room) would perhaps be appreciated.

Day 5 on the job. If it were me I'd spend at least 2 weeks, maybe even as much as a month watching and listening (to colleagues, fans/customers and sponsors). Learn the culture, learn the ropes, learn the limitations then start to build.

He used plenty of clichés, but don't we all? He's got his head screwed on right and he has a plan in it (would like to use stadium 24-7 especially now we own it). Very apparent he's made of the right stuff. Long term he'll be judged on results, but I'd be amazed if they don't come. Ideas and imagination can't be taught.

Questions for Mr Mason on 22:02 - Oct 12 with 3738 viewsDaleiLama

Questions for Mr Mason on 20:29 - Oct 12 by fitzochris

Just a guess (obvs), but with Bratfud having form in this area and him mentioning affordability, I put 2 and 2 together and interpreted that as no change. Pure guess though.

Questions for Mr Mason on 22:16 - Oct 12 with 3704 views442Dale

Questions for Mr Mason on 21:36 - Oct 12 by smaclad1

re. the fixture board. It was never so much about it actually being done, more the attitude towards it, the views of supporters and how it was an illustration of how lip service had existed for far too long.

Questions for Mr Mason on 07:32 - Oct 13 with 3421 viewsThe_Knightowl

First job in hand is to employ a proof reader before posting headlines. "An Interview With New Chief Executive Offier James Mason"
Questions for Mr Mason on 17:42 - Oct 15 with 3023 viewsDaleiLama

Was listening to Matey FM on way to ground and they had Mr. M on there too. He made a very interesting point. RAFC has 59,900 followers on Twitter.

I'm sure a lot will have signed up and not even look at their Twitter account any more. A lot will follow for their work in sport. A lot will also be fans of other teams but maybe have a soft spot for Dale. Subtracting all of the above, that must surely still leave a huge potential pool of people who are interested enough in news about the club to follow on twitter for free. It's these folk he wants to reach out to and target for ST sales in the future. Big job I know, but there has been plenty of speculation surrounding if there are sufficient numbers out there. This suggests there could be. Needless to say plenty more who have never even looked at Twitter as well.

Questions for Mr Mason on 18:20 - Oct 15 with 2960 viewsJames1980

It would have been interesting if the 2017-2018 season ticket had been ÂŁ110 without the no refundable deposit nonsense, how many would have sold.

Questions for Mr Mason on 19:16 - Oct 15 with 2854 viewsrod_leach

Questions for Mr Mason on 18:20 - Oct 15 by James1980

It would have been interesting if the 2017-2018 season ticket had been ÂŁ110 without the no refundable deposit nonsense, how many would have sold.

Questions for Mr Mason on 19:27 - Oct 15 with 2832 viewsJames1980

Questions for Mr Mason on 19:16 - Oct 15 by rod_leach

You really don't think anymore would have been sold?

Questions for Mr Mason on 07:15 - Oct 16 with 2671 viewsrod_leach

Questions for Mr Mason on 19:27 - Oct 15 by James1980

You really don't think anymore would have been sold?

Aye, perhaps I was being a little negative, but I can't see more than another 1000 sales on top of what were sold this summer.
I'm not sure it's worth the risk, given our finances. Didn't Bradford budget to lose ÂŁ1million the other season when they ended up having that good cup run to help them out? We couldn't absorb that kind of loss for long
Questions for Mr Mason on 20:55 - Oct 21 with 2343 views442Dale

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/16995495.james-mason-why-i-left-bra

Worth a read. Terry Dolan gets a mention.

Questions for Mr Mason on 21:15 - Oct 21 with 2297 viewssmaclad1

Did you enjoy your day out on Saturday?

Come on, be honest now!
Questions for Mr Mason on 22:27 - Oct 21 with 2195 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Questions for Mr Mason on 20:55 - Oct 21 by 442Dale

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/16995495.james-mason-why-i-left-bra

Worth a read. Terry Dolan gets a mention.

The comments section reveals quite a lot of the feelings for JM........never knew things were that bad at City. Always thought big Mark Lawn was a proper Chairman akin to our own Mr Dunphy. Make take awhile to recover from this mess.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024