Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Doncaster, home 14:01 - Oct 13 with 27521 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:01 - Oct 13 with 1872 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:33 - Oct 13 by 49thseason

A number of issues have been exposed today:
Goalkeeper.. Lillis has not improved in any aspect of goalkeeping since he arrived at the club, this despite the daily attentions of our so-called goalkeeping coach Collis. Today "Crocus" ('cos he only comes out once a year), managed to get both hands to the first shot and basically helped it into the net, their second was the sort of goal we have been conceding for 3 seasons; a corner into the centre of the goalmouth and a free header. Its what happens when you goalkeeper is firmly rooted on his line and does not command the area. The third was a cross which you might have expected a goalkeeper to go to ground in front of, but today Crocus decided that discretion was the better part of valour and simply let the big lad who had just come on put it past him. Lillis is not fit for purpose at this level and his defenders seem to have little confidence in him.

Perkins... Clearly his legs have gone, he aided and abetted them with the first goal by first losing the ball in a poor area and secondly by then losing his man.
At the corner they scored from, he ran part way towards the corner flag when one of their players made a run out of the area and then gave up and was stranded marking no one 5 yards outside the area on the by-line. By comparison, Dooley was a revelation, calm on the ball, available for a pass and quick to move the ball forwards and capable of getting into the box.

Inman and Clough, neither did anything to affect the outcome of the game, and were invisible for much of the match, Andrew should have started instead of one of them, some of their passing was neat and easy on the eye, but ultimately they are paid to stick the ball in the onion bag and neither looked as though they might.
Individually, there are some decent players in the squad, but until Hill decides what his best side is and sticks to it they will never be a team.

We have now won just 5 home league games in the last 12 months and just 7 since the start of last season. Today I heard a lifelong supporter saying that its time to find something else to do on Saturdays. Shocking.

You thought Clough was invisible? Seriously?
He had a brilliant 1st half and his best game so far and he'll only get better the more he plays for us. He linked up play superbly with some really sharp passing and but for a world class save and a lucky block he'd have his 1st league goals for us. Saw some real positives today.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:18 - Oct 13 with 1789 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:58 - Oct 13 by kiwidale

Your spot on Moony about D23yrs every thing he has said on this thread is correct yet his post saying the obvious... "He (Hill) not learnt fcuk all for nearly 2 years now, same mistakes, same excuses, He wants his team to be entertaining, we want a team that can defend"... got 2 down votes and the first reply saying.."They don't have to be mutually exclusive." got 5 upvotes when it's glaringly obvious that this defence whatever the personnel or shape cannot defend.

It's cause not part of the clique !!!!!!

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:38 - Oct 13 with 1744 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:59 - Oct 13 by nordenblue

To be honest we spent much of last season with an identical tale following most games, the games ive seen this season admittedly not that many you could write the post match summary and just change the opposition again a follow on from last year.

The defending is laughably shite from any set piece it's embarrassing to watch, you're just waiting for the net to burst, there's only one person that blame sits with.

The net supplier?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:39 - Oct 13 with 1733 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:18 - Oct 13 by Dale23years

It's cause not part of the clique !!!!!!

Unless your a kiss ass on here you wont fit in. The clique card may be a bit over used but there is a gang mentality prevalent on here and you cop for it more than most.

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:43 - Oct 13 with 1717 viewsNinco

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 19:14 - Oct 13 by animal8

I am not a Keith hill lover ,but for you to blame him for every game we lose is pathetic. We defend rubbish I Agree but hilly can only do so much .at the end of the day once they cross the white line it is up to the defenders to defend .if you where bad at your job would you blame your manager .

If I was making the same mistakes every week, I would expect my manager to train me to stop making those mistakes. If I continue to make them after the training, either I do not possess the required skills or the manager does not possess the required training skills. As an employer, why would you employ someone without the required skills to do the job?
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:51 - Oct 13 with 1679 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:33 - Oct 13 by 49thseason

A number of issues have been exposed today:
Goalkeeper.. Lillis has not improved in any aspect of goalkeeping since he arrived at the club, this despite the daily attentions of our so-called goalkeeping coach Collis. Today "Crocus" ('cos he only comes out once a year), managed to get both hands to the first shot and basically helped it into the net, their second was the sort of goal we have been conceding for 3 seasons; a corner into the centre of the goalmouth and a free header. Its what happens when you goalkeeper is firmly rooted on his line and does not command the area. The third was a cross which you might have expected a goalkeeper to go to ground in front of, but today Crocus decided that discretion was the better part of valour and simply let the big lad who had just come on put it past him. Lillis is not fit for purpose at this level and his defenders seem to have little confidence in him.

Perkins... Clearly his legs have gone, he aided and abetted them with the first goal by first losing the ball in a poor area and secondly by then losing his man.
At the corner they scored from, he ran part way towards the corner flag when one of their players made a run out of the area and then gave up and was stranded marking no one 5 yards outside the area on the by-line. By comparison, Dooley was a revelation, calm on the ball, available for a pass and quick to move the ball forwards and capable of getting into the box.

Inman and Clough, neither did anything to affect the outcome of the game, and were invisible for much of the match, Andrew should have started instead of one of them, some of their passing was neat and easy on the eye, but ultimately they are paid to stick the ball in the onion bag and neither looked as though they might.
Individually, there are some decent players in the squad, but until Hill decides what his best side is and sticks to it they will never be a team.

We have now won just 5 home league games in the last 12 months and just 7 since the start of last season. Today I heard a lifelong supporter saying that its time to find something else to do on Saturdays. Shocking.

I'm not disputing what you say, 49th, but a lifelong fan would have seen much worse than being 16th in League One.

It sounds like an over-reactionary lack of perspective to me.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:52 - Oct 13 with 1674 views442Dale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:39 - Oct 13 by kiwidale

Unless your a kiss ass on here you wont fit in. The clique card may be a bit over used but there is a gang mentality prevalent on here and you cop for it more than most.

What gang am I in?

Is this necessary, again?

Only the second question matters when it comes to the progress of the thread.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:07 - Oct 13 with 1630 viewsscarrow

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:52 - Oct 13 by 442Dale

What gang am I in?

Is this necessary, again?

Only the second question matters when it comes to the progress of the thread.

Ignore him. He's not worth the effort

Poll: Final position

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:13 - Oct 13 with 1612 viewsDaley_Lama

Clough was invisible to Doncaster first half.

He kept popping up everywhere playing defence splitting passes or layoffs and causing them no end of problems. Inman was highly involved in creating chances too.

Still cannot believe we went in at nil at HT. They hit the post too, it could have been the most wrong sided 2-0 at half time.

Not seen a Dale team attack with such inventiveness and pace for a long long time, that side of the game was a joy to see.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:13 - Oct 13 with 1607 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:51 - Oct 13 by TVOS1907

I'm not disputing what you say, 49th, but a lifelong fan would have seen much worse than being 16th in League One.

It sounds like an over-reactionary lack of perspective to me.

I know your ever the optimist but judging us by our standard when we were in the bottom division isn’t the way forward. Today we were good but didn’t do the basics right in defence. If you have to score four goals go win at home something is wrong that’s the same today as it was thirty years ago.
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:16 - Oct 13 with 1589 viewsJames1980

Constructive criticism carry on. Hill out rants considering what he has contributed to the club and continues to do so, well that's another matter

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:19 - Oct 13 with 1579 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:13 - Oct 13 by rochdale_ranger

I know your ever the optimist but judging us by our standard when we were in the bottom division isn’t the way forward. Today we were good but didn’t do the basics right in defence. If you have to score four goals go win at home something is wrong that’s the same today as it was thirty years ago.

No, I'm not ever the optimist; you're confusing me with DDB and have missed what I'm getting at. I actually agree with everything you say.

I'm just not one to suddenly say "I'm not going again" when we lose a game and I struggle to understand why a 'lifelong' fan would come out with that sort of thing. If I was, I'd have given in after we lost at home to Telford in the FA Cup!

That's what I mean by getting things out of perspective. We have been in almost terminal positions in the past, not 16th in League One, yet fans still keep going.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 22:22]

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:21 - Oct 13 with 1568 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:39 - Oct 13 by kiwidale

Was being sarcastic about the clique thing, but still got voted down, it's quite funny and sad

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:23 - Oct 13 with 1565 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 17:18 - Oct 13 by Dale23years

How can we learn from it when the manger doesn't admit there's a problem.

Tonight's quote of the day, "I think there's far too many goals going in " KH 17.30hrs 13 Oct 2018 so he does admit there's a problem BUT what is he doing about it ,is the real question?
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:27 - Oct 13 with 1545 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:21 - Oct 13 by Dale23years

Was being sarcastic about the clique thing, but still got voted down, it's quite funny and sad

Why do you care what anonymous people on a forum care about you. Post your opinions and welcome the debate.
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:36 - Oct 13 with 1510 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:07 - Oct 13 by scarrow

Ignore him. He's not worth the effort

Thank you Scarrow for adding weight to what I'm saying try to highlight. Too many like yourself attack the person rather than address the topic, its childish pathetic and boorish, it shows both a lack of intellect and respect for others.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 22:49]

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:41 - Oct 13 with 1486 viewsSandyman

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:13 - Oct 13 by Daley_Lama

Clough was invisible to Doncaster first half.

He kept popping up everywhere playing defence splitting passes or layoffs and causing them no end of problems. Inman was highly involved in creating chances too.

Still cannot believe we went in at nil at HT. They hit the post too, it could have been the most wrong sided 2-0 at half time.

Not seen a Dale team attack with such inventiveness and pace for a long long time, that side of the game was a joy to see.

Can't disagree - best we've looked at home for a while.
BUT.............
The seemingly never ending errors in the 6 yard box are just ludicrous. That such malarkey continues (especially at home) on such a regular basis beggars the question - do we actually bother training with defence or just trust to luck? For far too long, the latter option appears to be true. We have enough to stay in this division (whoop ee do) if we organise correctly. The manager seemingly doesn't look upon this as an urgent priority. Supporters do.
Every fan I spoke to today before during and after the game cannot understand why Andy Cannon is not in the starting 11. Leaving our most creative player on the bench so much is either being petty or plain daft. The manager seemingly doesn't look upon this as an urgent priority. Supporters do.
Home league form: W1 D1 L5 . With the players at our disposal that is rubbish (whether we have seen worse than 16th in League One or not TVOS ;-) )The manager seemingly doesn't look upon this as an urgent priority. Supporters do.
It needs sorting. The post-match interview on Youtube sounds lazy. If the manager doesn't look upon our current malaise as an urgent priority then RAFC needs someone who does. I'd like the old Keith Hill back to sort it please. Over to you Keith.
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:42 - Oct 13 with 1482 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:27 - Oct 13 by rochdale_ranger

Why do you care what anonymous people on a forum care about you. Post your opinions and welcome the debate.

You could ask the same question to those who get themselves into a lather over what he posts.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:43 - Oct 13 with 1479 views442Dale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:36 - Oct 13 by kiwidale

Thank you Scarrow for adding weight to what I'm saying try to highlight. Too many like yourself attack the person rather than address the topic, its childish pathetic and boorish, it shows both a lack of intellect and respect for others.

Please could you have a look again at my second question and consider the rest of the thread. I’ve never been one for keeping things on topic, however should there be such a consistent approach to debating the behaviours of posters rather than their posts, maybe you’d like to set up a different thread? Or alternatively PM them with your concerns.

All options and anyone can post what they want in whatever thread they want, it’s just that I always think “is it necessary?” whenever I do.

Each to their own.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:44 - Oct 13 with 1470 viewsDaleiLama

Based on that performance we are not that far from being a good team. But a really good team puts those chances and games like that away. We were inventive, played entertaining football and created a load of chances. Whilst the style is good to watch the ruthlessness is lacking. I don't know why, either, and I'm guessing nor does Keith. Should've won that today but we are a nearly team at present and we keep putting ourselves in frustrating positions where we need to try to salvage a point. I mentioned psychology a few weeks ago and heard KH do so today too, before he got cut off by an incoming phone call in the car. Somehow, even with a better squad this year, the belief of a winner isn't there. Not sure we need physical help at present - more a self belief to get us over the hump. Playing Cannon for 90 minutes wouldn't do any harm either.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:49 - Oct 13 with 1440 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:41 - Oct 13 by Sandyman

Can't disagree - best we've looked at home for a while.
BUT.............
The seemingly never ending errors in the 6 yard box are just ludicrous. That such malarkey continues (especially at home) on such a regular basis beggars the question - do we actually bother training with defence or just trust to luck? For far too long, the latter option appears to be true. We have enough to stay in this division (whoop ee do) if we organise correctly. The manager seemingly doesn't look upon this as an urgent priority. Supporters do.
Every fan I spoke to today before during and after the game cannot understand why Andy Cannon is not in the starting 11. Leaving our most creative player on the bench so much is either being petty or plain daft. The manager seemingly doesn't look upon this as an urgent priority. Supporters do.
Home league form: W1 D1 L5 . With the players at our disposal that is rubbish (whether we have seen worse than 16th in League One or not TVOS ;-) )The manager seemingly doesn't look upon this as an urgent priority. Supporters do.
It needs sorting. The post-match interview on Youtube sounds lazy. If the manager doesn't look upon our current malaise as an urgent priority then RAFC needs someone who does. I'd like the old Keith Hill back to sort it please. Over to you Keith.

I agree totally, Sandy, it does need sorting.

My point was that a 'lifelong' fan saying "I'm not coming again" when we are 16th in League One doesn't add up to me.

Was this fan helping you with your bedsheets in Barrow's days, for example?

Bizarrely, there were two blokes sat behind me at Blackpool last week slating Cannon like mad, so it goes to show that even the popular players aren't popular with everyone.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 22:52]

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:52 - Oct 13 with 1423 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:36 - Oct 13 by kiwidale

"attack the person rather than address the topic, its childish pathetic and boorish, it shows both a lack of intellect and respect for others.....is this a bit like calling someone elses views "the shit you write"

As mentioned the other day Kiwi,you're the first to be outraged when anyone dares insult you yet it's perfectly fine for you to fling shit at others from the other side of the world, you really are a beauty
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:55 - Oct 13 with 1411 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:52 - Oct 13 by nordenblue

"attack the person rather than address the topic, its childish pathetic and boorish, it shows both a lack of intellect and respect for others.....is this a bit like calling someone elses views "the shit you write"

As mentioned the other day Kiwi,you're the first to be outraged when anyone dares insult you yet it's perfectly fine for you to fling shit at others from the other side of the world, you really are a beauty

Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:59 - Oct 13 with 1383 views442Dale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:52 - Oct 13 by nordenblue

In the interests of fairness and because I don’t care what anyone thinks about me, please read the post at 22.43.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 23:01 - Oct 13 with 1374 viewsdownunder

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 16:33 - Oct 13 by scarrow

It's like groundhog day. Get a cross in and score again 3 preventable goals. Hill hasn't learnt from the first home match of the season.

Not just defensively, we should have scored at least 4 first half.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 16:34]

Groundhog Day?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024