Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Doncaster, home 14:01 - Oct 13 with 27519 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 23:02 - Oct 13 with 3307 viewsdownunder

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 17:08 - Oct 13 by Dale23years

It's like ground hog day, watching our defence , How many times do we have to watch non league defending before Mr i can't do fcuk all wrong does something about it.
The club want to improve attendances, maybe have a word with Keith hill,2 points from our last 3 games , the defending in all but 2 games this season has been totally unacceptable. People won't pay their hard earn money to watch the above.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 17:10]

Groundhog Day?
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 23:04 - Oct 13 with 3303 views49thseason

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:01 - Oct 13 by dingdangblue

You thought Clough was invisible? Seriously?
He had a brilliant 1st half and his best game so far and he'll only get better the more he plays for us. He linked up play superbly with some really sharp passing and but for a world class save and a lucky block he'd have his 1st league goals for us. Saw some real positives today.

Positives smositives, we lost .. again... we have lost 5 out of 7 home games this season, we have only won 7 home league games since the start of last season. At the end of last season there were 13 teams with a worse goals against record, this season so far ours is the worst. We have conceded 16 goals at home and scored just 6
Do you really think people are going to keep turning up knowing there is less than a 1 in 4 chance of seeing the team win based on the last 30 games and a probability of seeing only 1 home goal scored?
Positives? Have the pies improved?
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 23:10 - Oct 13 with 3278 viewsSandyman

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:49 - Oct 13 by TVOS1907

I agree totally, Sandy, it does need sorting.

My point was that a 'lifelong' fan saying "I'm not coming again" when we are 16th in League One doesn't add up to me.

Was this fan helping you with your bedsheets in Barrow's days, for example?

Bizarrely, there were two blokes sat behind me at Blackpool last week slating Cannon like mad, so it goes to show that even the popular players aren't popular with everyone.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 22:52]

MY bedsheets? Not mine I certainly sympathised with the cause but if memory serves, the "roll out the barrow" bedsheets appeared at the opposite end of the ground from that I inhabit
My eldest did have something to do with a "Simpson Out" bedsheet kerfuffle at Cambridge one Tuesday night but that's the nearest I've got to Dale-related bedding useage.
That is history though. Times I never want to see again at RAFC. Over to you Mr Hill.
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 23:12 - Oct 13 with 3270 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 23:10 - Oct 13 by Sandyman

MY bedsheets? Not mine I certainly sympathised with the cause but if memory serves, the "roll out the barrow" bedsheets appeared at the opposite end of the ground from that I inhabit
My eldest did have something to do with a "Simpson Out" bedsheet kerfuffle at Cambridge one Tuesday night but that's the nearest I've got to Dale-related bedding useage.
That is history though. Times I never want to see again at RAFC. Over to you Mr Hill.

That's what I'm thinking of!

It must be the first time bedding has been discussed on here since robshaker's mattress...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 23:36 - Oct 13 with 3220 viewsSandyman

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 23:12 - Oct 13 by TVOS1907

That's what I'm thinking of!

It must be the first time bedding has been discussed on here since robshaker's mattress...

Surely he's due a new one? Do let him know....
https://www.dreams.co.uk/sale/sale-mattresses
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 23:55 - Oct 13 with 3183 viewsD_Dale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:13 - Oct 13 by Daley_Lama

Clough was invisible to Doncaster first half.

He kept popping up everywhere playing defence splitting passes or layoffs and causing them no end of problems. Inman was highly involved in creating chances too.

Still cannot believe we went in at nil at HT. They hit the post too, it could have been the most wrong sided 2-0 at half time.

Not seen a Dale team attack with such inventiveness and pace for a long long time, that side of the game was a joy to see.

Yes, but too many frustratingly missed chances:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11525320/rochdale-2-3-donc
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 23:57 - Oct 13 with 3177 viewsJames1980

Just got through my front door, set off at 6 this morning to head to Rochdale, so I am a tad weary. On the way home I was thinking the games against Pboro, Sunderland and Doncaster have all been played at potentially the worst times. Pboro generally have a flying start. Sunderland having come of their first defeat and Doncaster having been tonked at home were both wounded animals. Whose managers' would have been looking for a reaction.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:05 - Oct 14 with 3163 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:26 - Oct 13 by 442Dale

Two seasons ago. There's no reason why we can't again, however it may mean a revaluation and big cut in the squad numbers in January to get us back on track.

I can’t draw any positives today, we were poor. Yes we could have scored more, but we didn’t .

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:07 - Oct 14 with 3158 viewsSandyman

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 23:57 - Oct 13 by James1980

Just got through my front door, set off at 6 this morning to head to Rochdale, so I am a tad weary. On the way home I was thinking the games against Pboro, Sunderland and Doncaster have all been played at potentially the worst times. Pboro generally have a flying start. Sunderland having come of their first defeat and Doncaster having been tonked at home were both wounded animals. Whose managers' would have been looking for a reaction.

My concern is, where is OUR reaction to the continual, woeful, defending?
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:13 - Oct 14 with 3136 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 23:55 - Oct 13 by D_Dale

Yes, but too many frustratingly missed chances:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11525320/rochdale-2-3-donc

Don’t need to re-watch the missed chances as there were enough in the first half alone to do 5 mins of highlights.

Even ignoring the wasteful misses, there was moment after moment where Hart or Rafferty ended up behind the Donny back line and their cross came to nowt.

Donny were ‘injured’ twice in the first half for one reason only. To allow their staff to call a couple of players over as they weren’t coping.

Didn’t see Peterborough or Portsmouth
We got mullered by Barnsley and then some
Donny reminded me of Millwall when they went up through the playoffs. Average but know every trick in the book.

We played worse second half and scored 2.

Funny old game

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:14 - Oct 14 with 3129 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:01 - Oct 13 by dingdangblue

Can you legislate for missing around 5 (FIVE) occasions where it was harder to miss than score? Stuff like that isn't usual and when it happens you just have to take it on the chin and just say it's a freak day. I'd be happy to see us attack like that for the rest of the season and we'll be ok.

We were beaten by a very average team, we keep losing.we keep conceding silly goals

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:18 - Oct 14 with 3125 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:14 - Oct 14 by rochdaleriddler

We were beaten by a very average team, we keep losing.we keep conceding silly goals

An average team who are 4th in the league though, oh to be average.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:20 - Oct 14 with 3122 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:43 - Oct 13 by 442Dale

Please could you have a look again at my second question and consider the rest of the thread. I’ve never been one for keeping things on topic, however should there be such a consistent approach to debating the behaviours of posters rather than their posts, maybe you’d like to set up a different thread? Or alternatively PM them with your concerns.

All options and anyone can post what they want in whatever thread they want, it’s just that I always think “is it necessary?” whenever I do.

Each to their own.

Point taken 442 yes I am sounding like a broken record... I did not consider your questions required an answer but seeing as you have repeated

.What gang am I in? … your free to join any gang you want as long as you are civil.

Is this necessary, again?... It shouldn't be but sadly yes as the problem is repeated
ad nauseam as is my response to it.

"should there be such a consistent approach to debating the behaviours of posters rather than their posts"... let me answer your question with a question, is it necessary to attack the person when disagreeing with what he posts? if your looking for examples just re read this thread a couple of pages back where NB, sweetcorn and scarrow have joined and posted when their only intent was to have a pop at me, no attempt to add anything no quotes no relevant content no attempt to answer or add to the debate. Am I bothered? NB suggested I was outraged bless him.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 0:37]

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:24 - Oct 14 with 3108 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:18 - Oct 14 by James1980

An average team who are 4th in the league though, oh to be average.

They are fourth by beating teams like us. They were nothing special , and we could have won. But we can’t defend,

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:30 - Oct 14 with 3092 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:24 - Oct 14 by rochdaleriddler

They are fourth by beating teams like us. They were nothing special , and we could have won. But we can’t defend,

Simple then we just have to be better than the other teams like us. What do you think the main issue is in our defence?

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:41 - Oct 14 with 3081 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 23:36 - Oct 13 by Sandyman

Surely he's due a new one? Do let him know....
https://www.dreams.co.uk/sale/sale-mattresses

Robshakers bed sheets would be perfect for signage they would stand up on their own and why would he change his mattress when it never lets him down?

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:47 - Oct 14 with 3068 viewssweetcorn

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:36 - Oct 13 by kiwidale

Thank you Scarrow for adding weight to what I'm saying try to highlight. Too many like yourself attack the person rather than address the topic, its childish pathetic and boorish, it shows both a lack of intellect and respect for others.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 22:49]

I honestly thought you were describing yourself when i skimmed through that post..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:57 - Oct 14 with 3038 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:47 - Oct 14 by sweetcorn

I honestly thought you were describing yourself when i skimmed through that post..

Never one to miss an opportunity sweetcorn are you going to stay awake all night to have a pop? and what makes you think that your qualified to comment on a post that mentions intellect and respect?

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 01:00 - Oct 14 with 3033 viewssweetcorn

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:57 - Oct 14 by kiwidale

Never one to miss an opportunity sweetcorn are you going to stay awake all night to have a pop? and what makes you think that your qualified to comment on a post that mentions intellect and respect?

I thought this was an open forum to post as you please, regardless of intellect or friendship groups? Pmsl..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 02:23 - Oct 14 with 2974 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:24 - Oct 13 by Dale23years

So who's fault is it them that we can't defend and have worst defence in league.
Who fault is it that we can't defend corners.

I know it's Desmond's fault

This place really is an asylum D23yrs where idiocy reigns supreme. Your post gets a vote down for saying what a dozen others have said with added interest what you have posted is obvious to all but the eternal optimists on here and boy is there some of them oh yes!. Your post has been echoed by several of your detractors yet non of them see the irony in that or get the grief you do. Double standards? oh no! no no no just a figment of my imagination.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 03:10 - Oct 14 with 2967 viewsSunningDale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 00:57 - Oct 14 by kiwidale

Intellect? Does that include correct use of 'your' and 'you're', that you consistently get wrong in every post? Obviously not.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 05:55 - Oct 14 with 2934 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 03:10 - Oct 14 by SunningDale

Intellect? Does that include correct use of 'your' and 'you're', that you consistently get wrong in every post? Obviously not.

And the small mindedness continues I hope you feel better for pointing that out.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 09:30 - Oct 14 with 2775 viewstony_roch975

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 23:57 - Oct 13 by James1980

agree - like a wounded boar; which rather sums up the whole approach by the fans, players and management of Doncaster Rovers. (I've emailed my comments on that to our Trust etc - thanks to SandyDrum & Chaff RAFC).

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 09:38 - Oct 14 with 2751 views442Dale

There was me thinking that earlier posts could help.

If people want every match thread to end up like this, carry on. If you’ve any respect for the forum and the positive part it has played for so many years, then please assess your own choices and actions.

Others may well be acting in a way we disagree with, but it is solely up to ourselves to choose what we say in response and whether it will be pouring oil on troubled waters. To do so continuously is akin to a Shell tanker deliberately emptying its contents into the North Sea; a total disregard for the environment it is affecting and every sea bird or fish that inhabits the area.

As someone should have told the Tinman, take responsibility for your own oil can when thinking about articulating a response. We can only control ourselves and all we have to decide is what to do with the time that’s given to us.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 09:42 - Oct 14 with 2742 views1907

Something has to change and change fast.

That is most definitely not the manager.

The defence has been a major issue now for years. Changing players & formations has made little difference.

A new coach must be brought in to try something different in how we are doing things at the back because that yesterday was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Professional footballers at this level of football have to be better than what we are seeing week in week out.

The attacking play yesterday was sublime, the finishing however was absolutely disgusting.

I’ll take those missed chances as “one of those days”.

Defensive coach required ASAP please Mr Dunphy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024