Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A NEW Thread - aside from the... 14:31 - Oct 14 with 1065 viewsCleedale

...matchday one.

Have read all of that, with great interest, but lots is going round and round.

I suppose we'll all have our own opinions - however biased or not they might be - before we read or post. Sometimes it doesn't seem to matter how half-full some folks glass might be; it's nearly always...half-empty...or even empty and that is 'sometimes' a reflection of them and their lives - either at that time or perhaps just their characters.

Someone posted about it being like 30 years ago (the footie). 30 years ago
we were 'just' coming to the end of a run of 16'ish seasons in Div. 4 with an AVERAGE finishing position a tad short of 20th! Gates were equally impressive with the same period averaging 1,789.

Someone else posted, and maybe others, about perhaps getting things in perspective. Others have posted that Donny were nowt - but at present average around 7,000 home gates and that's about double ours.

We seem to be coming up regularly now against teams that, on paper, are bigger guns. Whether marginally or in different leagues is another debate.

OK, the defensive errors need seriously addressing BUT there is much to be happy and grateful about and there's surely never been a time when Rochdale AFC has so much young talent coming through.

We'll bounce back again and could finish top half with some luck and tweeks here and there. UTD!!!

A NEW Thread - aside from the... on 18:14 - Oct 14 with 908 viewsDalenet

Indeed. Was walking away from ground yesterday and got talking to a first time season ticket holder. I asked him how he felt after that game. His reaction surprised me. He said that he thought it was a cracking game despite the result ( I agreed) but that he had never walked away from Spotland this season thinking he had been short changed. "They play some lovely stuff" was his final comment.

As much as we all get frustrated by the results and the defending, a newbies perspective was refreshing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024