Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youth team 11:15 - Oct 15 with 5380 viewsrochdaleriddler

Just watched a clip of one of their goals, played out from the back, quick passing, first time cross and a brilliant headed goal. Why can’t the first team play like that?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Youth team on 11:50 - Oct 15 with 3666 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Arh?....but can the Youth Team defend corners?

Perhaps we should get our First team training against our Youth as the manner of the goal you describe is our Achilles heal?
Youth team on 11:58 - Oct 15 with 3656 viewsJames1980

Youth team on 11:50 - Oct 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

Perhaps we should get our First team training against our Youth as the manner of the goal you describe is our Achilles heal?

I said in the Donny game thread, something along the lines of, perhaps the issue is we train against our attack, so come unstuck in the situations that have led to most of the goals conceded.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Youth team on 12:20 - Oct 15 with 3631 viewsfitzochris

Youth team on 11:50 - Oct 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

In a bid to heal our defensive woes?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Youth team on 12:33 - Oct 15 with 3610 viewselectricblue

Easier to train youngsters in the philosophy of the syle of play thats all down to tow the line and impress or you dont progress upwards and end upon the heap.

With older seasoned pros its harder due their attitude and in ability to do so and thus they can be shipped out and other clubs will take them on....

Players and im on about seasoned pros who think they are better than this and end up becoming a disruption at the club....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Youth team on 12:49 - Oct 15 with 3585 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Going back to Saturday again,sorry.......it was noticeable how the Doncaster defenders did n't think twice about leathering the ball out to row Z or even the car park to break us down. A bit Sunday League stuff but it helped them get the win.

This gave them time to re-organize as we tended to dilly dally over throw-ins ......a few seasons ago we used to have ball boys along the sides ready to restore play quickly and counter attack....especially when we are constantly chasing a game.
Youth team on 13:41 - Oct 15 with 3535 viewsrochdaleriddler

JUst read that four of Lincoln’s goals at port vale came from corners, do we share their defence coach?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Youth team on 21:03 - Oct 15 with 3366 viewsShun

Just noticed that was our 6th straight win. Are we top of the league again?
Youth team on 21:55 - Oct 15 with 3330 viewsKnowlesy

Youth team on 21:03 - Oct 15 by Shun

Just noticed that was our 6th straight win. Are we top of the league again?

Sadly not. Wigan are running away with it and have won every game (although I don’t know how they got on on Saturday.

The website is crap but google ‘youth alliance league’ and the tables are on the Google landing page.
Login to get fewer ads

Youth team on 00:03 - Oct 16 with 3245 viewsDaley_Lama

Thought first half was ok but second half we became scared of the opposition and just about hung on.

Sort it out Gareth!

Poll: DF in or out

Youth team on 15:51 - Oct 16 with 3106 viewsDaleiLama

That was convincing!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Youth team on 21:43 - Oct 16 with 2937 viewsShun

The youth team is absolutely brimming with talent and goals. If/when players leave in January I really hope some of this talent gets regular playing time in the first team.
Youth team on 21:59 - Oct 16 with 2918 viewsJames1980

How much influence does KH have on the youth team?

Youth team on 10:32 - Oct 17 with 2767 viewsfitzochris

Youth team on 21:59 - Oct 16 by James1980

How much influence does KH have on the youth team?

Quite a bit. The youth coaches teach the players to play in a way that is laid down by KH.

No bad thing, based on results.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Youth team on 12:17 - Oct 17 with 2712 viewsDaleiLama

Youth team on 21:43 - Oct 16 by Shun

The youth team is absolutely brimming with talent and goals. If/when players leave in January I really hope some of this talent gets regular playing time in the first team.

Agree Shun. Perhaps not everyone will continue to grow along the current trajectory, but the talent should be there for enough of them to play at first team level in the mid L1 mid-long term. Looking forward to a few getting on the subs bench occasionally and some game time eventually.

Youth team on 13:13 - Oct 17 with 2651 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Youth team on 12:17 - Oct 17 by DaleiLama

Agree Shun. Perhaps not everyone will continue to grow along the current trajectory, but the talent should be there for enough of them to play at first team level in the mid L1 mid-long term. Looking forward to a few getting on the subs bench occasionally and some game time eventually.

Re your last point: The longer we stay in the Checkatrade jobby the better, it's an ideal half way house to groom the kids for League stuff.
Youth team on 13:32 - Oct 17 with 2631 viewsDaleiLama

Youth team on 13:13 - Oct 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

Re your last point: The longer we stay in the Checkatrade jobby the better, it's an ideal half way house to groom the kids for League stuff.

Absolutely. Wouldn't it be great if we won our division …………. oh ……..

Youth team on 14:48 - Oct 17 with 2585 viewsJames1980

Youth team on 10:32 - Oct 17 by fitzochris

Quite a bit. The youth coaches teach the players to play in a way that is laid down by KH.

No bad thing, based on results.

Based on results definitely a good thing. If only we can keep this bunch of young whippersnappers together

Youth team on 16:41 - Oct 17 with 2528 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Youth team on 13:32 - Oct 17 by DaleiLama

Absolutely. Wouldn't it be great if we won our division …………. oh ……..

Interestingly,bury beat Leicester u21 last night 2-1( att 454 and McFadzean sent off on 15 mins) meaning only bury can knock us off the top....does this ensure we get a better draw in the knock out stages? The rules on this cup seem to change every season.

We have a better GD of +3 over bury which tends to suggest our last match is really a "free hit"
Youth team on 18:36 - Oct 17 with 2455 viewsDaleiLama

Youth team on 16:41 - Oct 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

Interestingly,bury beat Leicester u21 last night 2-1( att 454 and McFadzean sent off on 15 mins) meaning only bury can knock us off the top....does this ensure we get a better draw in the knock out stages? The rules on this cup seem to change every season.

We have a better GD of +3 over bury which tends to suggest our last match is really a "free hit"

I thought I read somewhere we couldn't be overtaken, but I could be wrong about that.

Not sure if/how seeding works tbh. Sure it'll be on-line - everything else is - but I'll wait until it's made known to find out.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 18:36]

Youth team on 19:04 - Oct 17 with 2430 viewsdingdangblue

Youth team on 18:36 - Oct 17 by DaleiLama

I thought I read somewhere we couldn't be overtaken, but I could be wrong about that.

Not sure if/how seeding works tbh. Sure it'll be on-line - everything else is - but I'll wait until it's made known to find out.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 18:36]

We can be overtaken by bury on gd if there is a swing of more than 3 goals and we lose and they win. If we finish top it guarantees a home tie in the next round.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Youth team on 19:11 - Oct 17 with 2425 viewsTVOS1907

Youth team on 16:41 - Oct 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

How is it?

If we lose and bury win, we'll both have six points.

Our goal difference would have reduced from +3 and bury's would have increased from zero.

Basically, we need a point to guarantee top spot and a home tie in the next round, but we can still do it on goal difference even if we finish level on points with bury.

It's exactly the same as last season.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/checkatrade-trophy/about-checkatrade/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Youth team on 00:08 - Oct 18 with 2292 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Youth team on 19:11 - Oct 17 by TVOS1907

How is it?

If we lose and bury win, we'll both have six points.

Our goal difference would have reduced from +3 and bury's would have increased from zero.

Basically, we need a point to guarantee top spot and a home tie in the next round, but we can still do it on goal difference even if we finish level on points with bury.

It's exactly the same as last season.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/checkatrade-trophy/about-checkatrade/

Hey, I said "suggests" a free hit........I am fully aware of the intricate details therein.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2018 0:18]
Youth team on 13:12 - Oct 18 with 2200 viewsjoecooke

Dale v Doncaster Rovers in the FA Youth cup, see if they fare better.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Youth team on 13:26 - Oct 18 with 2181 viewsDaleiLama

Youth team on 13:12 - Oct 18 by joecooke

Be interesting to see if their youth fall over in a gentle breeze and stay down for 5 minutes too?

Youth team on 17:41 - Oct 18 with 2086 viewsDickydaler

Youth team on 13:12 - Oct 18 by joecooke

Not going to be an easy match. Doncaster are top of their league, winning 4, drawing 2, losing 0.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024