Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Bradford away 14:07 - Oct 20 with 20653 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Bradford away on 18:33 - Oct 21 with 2479 viewssmaclad1

Match thread: Bradford away on 18:15 - Oct 21 by Shun

To the people who think yesterday’s win shouldn’t be applauded as it was against ‘a poor side’ (blackdog, smaclad, etc.), why does it matter so much when we get beaten by a good side? As, currently, those are the only teams who actually are beating us (just the top 6 before yesterday).

Negativity after a few defeats and a slow start is understandable, but denying positivity after beating a side below us and playing some damn good football in the process is just absurd and defeatist.

You're not getting away with that.

I said I was underwhelmed by the result yesterday. Someone warned me that I risked being slagged off for being realistic and less than ecstatic at the result...and you have proved them right. Never said anything about not applauding the result. . There you go, happy now.

To chuck my comments in with blackdog's Hill Out rant? Unbelievable.
Match thread: Bradford away on 19:38 - Oct 21 with 2372 viewsblackdogblue

Match thread: Bradford away on 18:33 - Oct 21 by smaclad1

You're not getting away with that.

I said I was underwhelmed by the result yesterday. Someone warned me that I risked being slagged off for being realistic and less than ecstatic at the result...and you have proved them right. Never said anything about not applauding the result. . There you go, happy now.

To chuck my comments in with blackdog's Hill Out rant? Unbelievable.

Here u go

So the only teams above us beat us? Great news as we are 16th in the league ...

Why are we not in the top 6 then????

No ambition & a different team every week...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match thread: Bradford away on 20:02 - Oct 21 with 2310 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Bradford away on 19:38 - Oct 21 by blackdogblue

Here u go

No ambition ??? Jesus wept.

Are you even remotely tuned-in to anything to do with Dale ?? Or do you just like belly-aching ??

I know we won yesterday and you can't whinge about that, but do try to be grown-up about things.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread: Bradford away on 20:03 - Oct 21 with 2309 viewsSandyman

Here u go

Agree that the different team each week scenario is frustrating. However, we've had seasons beating teams above us and losing to teams below us.
Which proves nowt.
How's the rain pal ?
Match thread: Bradford away on 20:06 - Oct 21 with 2294 viewsShun

Here u go

Did you just not read what I said? I said only the top 6 before yesterday had beaten us.

Smaclad, you might not be in the same degree as blackdog but your ‘sober reflection’ on page 3 of this thread was basically an eloquent way of saying, ‘what a shit win’.
Match thread: Bradford away on 20:17 - Oct 21 with 2260 viewssoulboy

Here u go

Youre so right, another season of dire failure, 16th in the league, relegation nailed on. By the way, less than a third of the season has been completed yet, so hardly the time to judge this season.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 20:22]
Match thread: Bradford away on 20:21 - Oct 21 with 2247 viewsJames1980

Here u go

If the first team start playing like the youth team, would you still bang your Hexit drum?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Bradford away on 20:23 - Oct 21 with 2237 viewssmaclad1

Match thread: Bradford away on 20:06 - Oct 21 by Shun

Did you just not read what I said? I said only the top 6 before yesterday had beaten us.

Smaclad, you might not be in the same degree as blackdog but your ‘sober reflection’ on page 3 of this thread was basically an eloquent way of saying, ‘what a shit win’.

Thank you for noting my eloquence, but I suppose maybe I am suggesting it was a "shit" sort of win. As I noted in another post, for once this season we had all the cards stacked in our favour but the outcome left me distinctly underwhelmed. It was a win, it's three points and we move on.

I suppose the opposite of a "shit win" is a glorious victory. Sorry, but in all honesty I couldn't bring myself to describe yesterdays win as such.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Bradford away on 20:46 - Oct 21 with 2178 viewsSandyman

Match thread: Bradford away on 20:23 - Oct 21 by smaclad1

Thank you for noting my eloquence, but I suppose maybe I am suggesting it was a "shit" sort of win. As I noted in another post, for once this season we had all the cards stacked in our favour but the outcome left me distinctly underwhelmed. It was a win, it's three points and we move on.

I suppose the opposite of a "shit win" is a glorious victory. Sorry, but in all honesty I couldn't bring myself to describe yesterdays win as such.

Took the 3 points yesterday and they were fully deserved, I was a happy fan.
But I do get smaclad1's point. A few years back we beat Southampton home and away as they stormed the division to gain promotion. We were the only team to do the double on them that season. They were fantastic Dale wins against a top side.
Sneaking past a totally underwhelming Bratfurt side and earning 3 points isn't quite as excellent.
But it is 3 points anyway so bollox to analysis and UP THE DALE!
PS: smaclad1 is a fine chap to have a pre-match pint with (as I have found out at Sunderland and Bradford) so don't be too harsh on him LOL
Match thread: Bradford away on 20:50 - Oct 21 with 2169 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Bradford away on 20:23 - Oct 21 by smaclad1

This place doesn't want an honest opinion smaclad... it reminds me of

[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 20:54]

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Bradford away on 21:04 - Oct 21 with 2127 viewssmaclad1

Match thread: Bradford away on 20:46 - Oct 21 by Sandyman

Took the 3 points yesterday and they were fully deserved, I was a happy fan.
But I do get smaclad1's point. A few years back we beat Southampton home and away as they stormed the division to gain promotion. We were the only team to do the double on them that season. They were fantastic Dale wins against a top side.
Sneaking past a totally underwhelming Bratfurt side and earning 3 points isn't quite as excellent.
But it is 3 points anyway so bollox to analysis and UP THE DALE!
PS: smaclad1 is a fine chap to have a pre-match pint with (as I have found out at Sunderland and Bradford) so don't be too harsh on him LOL

My thanks to Sandyman for the character reference and I'll take the opportunity to likewise praise his good company .

Over the years I have had many a fine day out or a weekend away that came with the proviso 'apart from an hour and a half on Saturday afternoon'. Yesterday certainly didn't fall into that category but...but...

Bollox to analysis. A wise man that Sandyman!
Match thread: Bradford away on 06:17 - Oct 22 with 1910 viewsblackdogblue

Match thread: Bradford away on 20:03 - Oct 21 by Sandyman

Agree that the different team each week scenario is frustrating. However, we've had seasons beating teams above us and losing to teams below us.
Which proves nowt.
How's the rain pal ?

I wouldn’t go as far as Smaclad saying your a wise man 😂, but agree totally, “the top 6” have been a good hunting ground for points in previous seasons but saying that I can remember loosing to Crewe twice in a week who had not won in about 10 games and pretty much sealed a no play off chance... I also judge him as a jolly chap to have a beer with on the more than odd occasion..

To answer some others, there is too much synergy with last season, there may be a lot of games left, an I glad we won, of course, Hexit is a matter of opinion and I like 90% of people in here do not want to spend Xmas to May in the bottom 4 again...

On the weather front been really good but stormbringer is coming today & tomorrow but then back to sunshine Weds 😀😀
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 6:25]

Match thread: Bradford away on 08:55 - Oct 22 with 1805 viewsaleanddale

I was delighted with 3 points....

I too was a little underwhelmed with the win on Saturday.

IMO we don’t look to be firing on all cylinders yet but to notch up a third away win is not something to gripe about either.

Funny game footy we might actually have 4 league away wins under our belts come 10pm tomorrow night!!! Come on the Dale!!!!
Match thread: Bradford away on 09:42 - Oct 22 with 1725 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Bradford away on 06:17 - Oct 22 by blackdogblue

I wouldn’t go as far as Smaclad saying your a wise man 😂, but agree totally, “the top 6” have been a good hunting ground for points in previous seasons but saying that I can remember loosing to Crewe twice in a week who had not won in about 10 games and pretty much sealed a no play off chance... I also judge him as a jolly chap to have a beer with on the more than odd occasion..

To answer some others, there is too much synergy with last season, there may be a lot of games left, an I glad we won, of course, Hexit is a matter of opinion and I like 90% of people in here do not want to spend Xmas to May in the bottom 4 again...

On the weather front been really good but stormbringer is coming today & tomorrow but then back to sunshine Weds 😀😀
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 6:25]

Glorious sunshine today, bdb

Forecasting how our season will pan out is even harder than the weather!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Bradford away on 10:53 - Oct 22 with 1629 viewsblackdogblue

Not over here pal, thundering & lightning all day 😢

Match thread: Bradford away on 10:59 - Oct 22 with 1612 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Bradford away on 08:55 - Oct 22 by aleanddale

I was delighted with 3 points....

I too was a little underwhelmed with the win on Saturday.

IMO we don’t look to be firing on all cylinders yet but to notch up a third away win is not something to gripe about either.

Funny game footy we might actually have 4 league away wins under our belts come 10pm tomorrow night!!! Come on the Dale!!!!

Very funny game and even more bizarrely, we could have 4 times the number of away wins as home come Saturday.

H 0 0 0 0 3 1 0 = 4 points

A 1 3 0 1 3 1 3 = 12 points

You can analyse individual games til the cows come home, but if we can come back to Spotland with back-to-back away wins, we might just start to turn our home results around. This key failing, or the remedy of it, will be the difference between another patience-trying season and a more memorable one for me.

Edit: Just to illustrate how stark the difference in the above numbers is, extrapolating out to a full 46 game season, we'd finish with 26 points based on our home form and be comfortably in L2 next year. We'd have 78 points based on our away form and heading for the play-offs based on last year's L1 table.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 14:09]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Bradford away on 11:08 - Oct 22 with 1592 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Bradford away on 10:53 - Oct 22 by blackdogblue

Match thread: Bradford away on 12:40 - Oct 22 with 1485 viewssmaclad1

Match thread: Bradford away on 10:53 - Oct 22 by blackdogblue

Bloody hell Dalei, was that dreary load of sh*te the best you could come up with?

Match thread: Bradford away on 12:45 - Oct 22 with 1476 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Bradford away on 12:40 - Oct 22 by smaclad1

Bloody hell Dalei, was that dreary load of sh*te the best you could come up with?

Seemed to match bdb's mood, but for all I know it could be sunshine and lollipops again now?

Match thread: Bradford away on 12:50 - Oct 22 with 1459 viewsblackdogblue

👍👍👍. Love a bit of thin lizzy top song still raining here though 🤨

Match thread: Bradford away on 13:02 - Oct 22 with 1428 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024