Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Bradford away 14:07 - Oct 20 with 20655 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Bradford away on 10:38 - Oct 21 with 2501 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Bradford away on 10:30 - Oct 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

Oh Jimbo, you'll never get into the clique if you can't mark up and down properly.tutt!

funny thing is I wasn't even trying to vote

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Bradford away on 10:47 - Oct 21 with 2473 viewsMorden

Match thread: Bradford away on 10:30 - Oct 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

Oh Jimbo, you'll never get into the clique if you can't mark up and down properly.tutt!

James is Andrew Tutte?
Match thread: Bradford away on 10:51 - Oct 21 with 2458 viewssmaclad1

Match thread: Bradford away on 08:46 - Oct 21 by DaleiLama

Whilst we may not have played at our best a win is a win. Three counter points. How many times have we played well and come away with nowt - that's football? A win should give us more confidence. It's a 46 game season.

As frenzied asked about Plymouth on another thread teams come good. And go bad. 2 pens, 3 points, job done. On to next week. It will be 2 different teams on the pitch and plenty more to discuss I'm sure.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 8:48]

Wouldn't disagree DL, but with all the cards seemingly stacked in our favour for once this season, and while it was job done in a sense, I came away feeling distinctly underwhelmed and could not in all honestly go along with the celebratory mood of some of the post match posts.

A win is a win and should give us confidence. Fair do's, but looking at our record after league wins this season, I'm not.....confident?
Match thread: Bradford away on 10:52 - Oct 21 with 2454 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Bradford away on 09:52 - Oct 21 by sweetcorn

For crying out loud, why are you hanging on every word hill says and finding it an insult.

Henderson doesnt need a confidence boost, jordan williams does, hill has attempted to give him one with a glowing review in a post match interview, its not hard to work out is it.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 9:56]

For crying out loud, i'm not - i haven't even listened to the interview, but commenting on what's been posted on here, you thick sod

Now piss off

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Bradford away on 11:02 - Oct 21 with 2410 viewsJames1980

Now now play nice

Match thread: Bradford away on 11:07 - Oct 21 with 2404 viewssmaclad1

Match thread: Bradford away on 11:02 - Oct 21 by James1980

Now now play nice

Bollocks to that James - I want to stand back and watch this one!

Match thread: Bradford away on 11:14 - Oct 21 with 2382 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Bradford away on 11:07 - Oct 21 by smaclad1

There's an idea for the halftime entertainment. Charity boxing match between forum members.

Match thread: Bradford away on 11:14 - Oct 21 with 2382 viewsaleanddale

Moore my Mom - that tells its own story!

Did we create any clear cut chances until the last ten mins?

Three points so cannot complain but we have not quite hit dizzy heights yet!

Bradford poor ( really poor! )
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Bradford away on 11:19 - Oct 21 with 2361 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Bradford away on 10:09 - Oct 21 by Daley_Lama

Indeedy.

Last week ir was Kgosi
This week it was JW11

Hilly is very big on the individual positive mentality right now.Possibly why there was a keeper change too. Not been a happy hunting ground for Josh.

Forgot to mention praise for Moore yesterday. Couple of decent saves but also his distribution was good and his catching at corners excellent.

"Hilly is very big on the individual positive mentality right now.Possibly why there was a keeper change too. Not been a happy hunting ground for Josh."

That's a complete contradiction.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Bradford away on 11:36 - Oct 21 with 2318 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Bradford away on 11:07 - Oct 21 by smaclad1

Nothing to see here, except sweetcorn hanging on my every word and getting offended by it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Bradford away on 12:12 - Oct 21 with 2219 viewselectricblue

Looking at the highlights it seems that moore and dooley played really well...
Moore pulled out some decent saves and Dooley made decnt runs aswell...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match thread: Bradford away on 12:24 - Oct 21 with 2188 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Bradford away on 00:46 - Oct 21 by scarrow

Why? Truth hurts for some morons on here. They only appear when there’s been a defeat. Haven’t the balls to put any praise up. Unfortunately like on the Facebook page there are some absolute ‘melts’ on here

Emits a tedious yawn.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match thread: Bradford away on 12:32 - Oct 21 with 2168 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Bradford away on 06:26 - Oct 21 by smaclad1

OK, time now for a sober reflection and a dose of reality about yesterdays result.

Bradford are a club in crisis, both on and off the pitch. Talking to some of their supporters pre-match, they have lost a lot of off-field staff who had contributed to the development of the club, including James Mason who is seen as a particular loss, and not even the offer of a the Dale's two goal giveaway could generate any degree of positivity that they could take anything from the game.

So what do we come away with. Nothing won from open play. A win based on two penalties - the first Henderson had lost all momentum in his run and it looked unlikely he would produce anything from it as there was another defender coming across to cover if he hadn't been pulled down, the second, their goalie went down too earlier, and could have shepherded Dooley even further wide than he was going. And Bradford could easily have been one or two up anyway by the time of the first penalty with a little good fortune. So, with Bradford's issues all round and how things panned out on the pitch - I'll take the somewhat less than emphatic three points but don't really see anything in that to show we have turned a corner or whatever.

On the other hand, I generally enjoy my days out at Bradford but yesterday was a real good one. Out with the SMAC lads visiting all three pubs on North Parade listed in the 2019 Beer Guide and each pub a cracker, meeting with posters from on here and some former work colleagues, and including a fascinating short talk/lecture around noon in the Record Café on the development of sporting clubs and leagues in the Bradford area - not usual matchday fare, but welcome all the same.

Be careful smaclad, you'll end up being called moronic for being in anyway negative or realistic. You have to treat it as if we've just beaten Barcelona by a country mile, not Bradford who in all honesty look worse that Bury last season by a couple of penalties......

Match thread: Bradford away on 12:50 - Oct 21 with 2139 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Bradford away on 10:51 - Oct 21 by smaclad1

Wouldn't disagree DL, but with all the cards seemingly stacked in our favour for once this season, and while it was job done in a sense, I came away feeling distinctly underwhelmed and could not in all honestly go along with the celebratory mood of some of the post match posts.

A win is a win and should give us confidence. Fair do's, but looking at our record after league wins this season, I'm not.....confident?

Wouldn't disagree with any of that either. In a team short of confidence or playing below it's collective ability or however you want to dress it up, a win is a win. Winning breeds confidence and can become a habit. Not seen any Accy games but look how they are surfing a wave. We just need to catch one, especially after getting a lot of really tough games out of the way. We have to start somewhere. I'm far from confident, but I will always remain optimistic.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Bradford away on 12:52 - Oct 21 with 2129 viewsJames1980

Hill out folk, is your desire to see KH exit the club so great that a win actually disappoints in some way? Are minds made up and you want him gone, or if the perfect storm occurred would all be forgiven?

Match thread: Bradford away on 13:37 - Oct 21 with 2053 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Bradford away on 12:52 - Oct 21 by James1980

Hill out folk, is your desire to see KH exit the club so great that a win actually disappoints in some way? Are minds made up and you want him gone, or if the perfect storm occurred would all be forgiven?

Why try to drum up drama when there isn’t any currently?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Bradford away on 13:49 - Oct 21 with 2026 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Bradford away on 13:37 - Oct 21 by fitzochris

Why try to drum up drama when there isn’t any currently?

I wasn't trying to drum up drama sorry. I can see why it appeared that way though. Just interested if the opinions of some are open to change, given the right set of circumstances, or minds are made up and not shifting

Match thread: Bradford away on 15:44 - Oct 21 with 1830 viewsaleanddale

Hill has overwhelming support James.

Fans - board - message board the vast majority are fully behind him

There really is no discussion to be had on this particular subject.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 15:45]
Match thread: Bradford away on 16:00 - Oct 21 with 1786 viewsMoonyDale

James the Hill out contingent on this board contains probably 2 users who actively want him removed, and one of those is probably a Bury troll.....There are quite a few more who know he's the best manager we have ever had but that also do not like him or his persona, and there is the majority who don't want him sacked because of what he has done for us and replacing him would be a nightmare......And there's a few who think the sun shines out of his backside and jump on anyone who says otherwise...I am in the second camp, he's going nowhere and nor should he at this time. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be called out for his mistakes though.....

Match thread: Bradford away on 16:32 - Oct 21 with 1719 viewsJames1980

The few are certainly conspicuous by their absence when we win though.

Match thread: Bradford away on 16:35 - Oct 21 with 1711 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Bradford away on 16:32 - Oct 21 by James1980

The few are certainly conspicuous by their absence when we win though.

His biggest critic in my opinion is Dale23yrs and he was definitely commenting during the game yesterday, Bazingadale is just a Bury troll and only shows up to brag about his latest Hill out banner which none of us have ever seen...

Match thread: Bradford away on 17:39 - Oct 21 with 1624 viewsblackdogblue

Match thread: Bradford away on 16:00 - Oct 21 by MoonyDale

James the Hill out contingent on this board contains probably 2 users who actively want him removed, and one of those is probably a Bury troll.....There are quite a few more who know he's the best manager we have ever had but that also do not like him or his persona, and there is the majority who don't want him sacked because of what he has done for us and replacing him would be a nightmare......And there's a few who think the sun shines out of his backside and jump on anyone who says otherwise...I am in the second camp, he's going nowhere and nor should he at this time. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be called out for his mistakes though.....

Winning a match against a poor side does not change things for me. The current league position, constant changing of teams, constant after match blah,blah on GMR....

One swallow does not make a winter in this case, subtle hints some may go in January, Bunney was not a great loss last year but when he was probably having his best season & we were up there, sold Matty Done to Shef Utd...

Club lacks ambition, brings in players, Zach as a prime example, keep the bench warm, MIA or not getting chance to prove themselves or a team spirit.

Everyone seems on the Hilly bus this week, in about 5 weeks play Accrington, when we get stuffed by a club who have less than a conference side in most ways, voices will change..

Mine hasn’t, time for a change ... Hill out..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match thread: Bradford away on 17:57 - Oct 21 with 1599 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Bradford away on 16:00 - Oct 21 by MoonyDale

I don't doubt the sincerity of your post Moony, but I would say there are more like a handful of dissenters who actively post after a bad result and there were 10 votes for Hexit on the poll, versus 89 against.

In complete agreement with your last 2 comments though. And I also think it is the most pointless discussion imaginable. Just my opinion.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Bradford away on 18:15 - Oct 21 with 1555 viewsShun

To the people who think yesterday’s win shouldn’t be applauded as it was against ‘a poor side’ (blackdog, smaclad, etc.), why does it matter so much when we get beaten by a good side? As, currently, those are the only teams who actually are beating us (just the top 6 before yesterday).

Negativity after a few defeats and a slow start is understandable, but denying positivity after beating a side below us and playing some damn good football in the process is just absurd and defeatist.
Match thread: Bradford away on 18:30 - Oct 21 with 1522 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Bradford away on 17:39 - Oct 21 by blackdogblue

Winning a match against a poor side does not change things for me. The current league position, constant changing of teams, constant after match blah,blah on GMR....

One swallow does not make a winter in this case, subtle hints some may go in January, Bunney was not a great loss last year but when he was probably having his best season & we were up there, sold Matty Done to Shef Utd...

Club lacks ambition, brings in players, Zach as a prime example, keep the bench warm, MIA or not getting chance to prove themselves or a team spirit.

Everyone seems on the Hilly bus this week, in about 5 weeks play Accrington, when we get stuffed by a club who have less than a conference side in most ways, voices will change..

Mine hasn’t, time for a change ... Hill out..

What will be, will be. If Accrington beat us when the time comes, it doesn't mean any more than a defeat against anyone else. No points.

It's how we play that matters, not who we play.

Coleman has done (and continues to do) a fantastic job at Accrington. He has worked a minor miracle in getting them to 4th place in League One as things stand and Twitter was alive yesterday with the same sort of crap from Posh fans that we hear every time Dale lose.

There are those who 'won't bother going again to watch sh!te', those who 'won't turn up again, because the players can't arsed so why should I'

Posh are 2nd in the League FFS. Accy play Pompey next week. Should be a great spectacle and it's good for League One that they are stirring up the pot'. Long may it continue.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024