Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awful scenes coming out of Leicester City 21:02 - Oct 27 with 3593 viewsChaffRAFC

Helicopter carrying the Leicester City owner and his family has crashed outside the ground in the car park.

https://news.sky.com/story/helicopter-crash-outside-leicester-city-stadium-11537

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Awful scenes coming out of Leicester City on 21:08 - Oct 27 with 3536 viewsnordenblue

Just been reading that,doesn't sound or look good at all,terrible news

Edit.. apparently the owner,his wife,sporting director and the pilot have sadly passed away in the crash on the clubs car park
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 21:57]
Awful scenes coming out of Leicester City on 22:01 - Oct 27 with 3342 viewsMoonyDale

Good God what terrible news, those poor people....So sad..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Awful scenes coming out of Leicester City on 22:17 - Oct 27 with 3286 viewsSuddenLad

Awful scenes coming out of Leicester City on 22:01 - Oct 27 by MoonyDale

Good God what terrible news, those poor people....So sad..

Been a bad day at Leicester with Glenn Hoddle collapsing as well.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Awful scenes coming out of Leicester City on 07:51 - Oct 28 with 2884 viewsmingthemerciless

Terrible news. He seemed a real football fan as opposed to some foreign owners who are just in it for their own ends.

I'm sure helicopter flight is relatively safe but when things go wrong it usually ends up really badly.
Awful scenes coming out of Leicester City on 10:00 - Oct 28 with 2674 viewsdalenumber2

This is awful, the owner has done so much not only for the club but also for the city and was hugely popular. Apparently he gave £1 million to a local hospital. Whilst there is no official news of fatalities yet, it's not looking positive at all.
Awful scenes coming out of Leicester City on 10:11 - Oct 28 with 2644 viewsaleanddale

Shocking news.

Not looking good for the Thai owner of the club.

Small mercies - apparently his son was not on board - still several fatalities.

Awful scenes in the clubs car park!.
Awful scenes coming out of Leicester City on 12:56 - Oct 28 with 2489 viewsmingthemerciless

Lucky nobody was actually in the car park at the time. I'm surprised the helicopter was allowed to take off and land actually inside the ground.

Helicopters are bigger than you think. I live facing Syke Common and a year or two back a young child had to be flown to London for urgent treatment. They sent a " Sea-King " which landed on the Common near the top of Whitehall St. It was huge and when it eventually took off the down draught was amazing, like a tornado.
Awful scenes coming out of Leicester City on 13:57 - Oct 28 with 2379 viewsD_Dale

Awful scenes coming out of Leicester City on 12:56 - Oct 28 by mingthemerciless

Lucky nobody was actually in the car park at the time. I'm surprised the helicopter was allowed to take off and land actually inside the ground.

Helicopters are bigger than you think. I live facing Syke Common and a year or two back a young child had to be flown to London for urgent treatment. They sent a " Sea-King " which landed on the Common near the top of Whitehall St. It was huge and when it eventually took off the down draught was amazing, like a tornado.

Four weeks ago a match was abandoned at Barnsley where a heliocopter landed on the pitch to pick up a man who'd fallen ill.

Without helicopters more ill/marooned people would have died, but when something goes wrong the consequences are often fatal. I think at least two Chelsea directors have been killed, along with passengers and pilots, in the last twenty years, one returning from a match at Bolton.

It's a form of travel that appeals to the very wealthy, who are perhaps people who are risk-takers. May all involved rest in peace.
Login to get fewer ads

Awful scenes coming out of Leicester City on 20:09 - Oct 28 with 2075 viewspioneer

Awful scenes coming out of Leicester City on 13:57 - Oct 28 by D_Dale

Four weeks ago a match was abandoned at Barnsley where a heliocopter landed on the pitch to pick up a man who'd fallen ill.

Without helicopters more ill/marooned people would have died, but when something goes wrong the consequences are often fatal. I think at least two Chelsea directors have been killed, along with passengers and pilots, in the last twenty years, one returning from a match at Bolton.

It's a form of travel that appeals to the very wealthy, who are perhaps people who are risk-takers. May all involved rest in peace.

two major league baseball pitchers have died in crashes flying their own helicopters in recent years.
Awful scenes coming out of Leicester City on 22:12 - Oct 28 with 1920 viewsDaley_Lama

Confirmed that all 5 people on board died last night including Chairman.

R.i.p.

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024