Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
R.I.P. David Meek. 18:28 - Oct 30 with 2391 viewssince58

One of the best sports journalists over many years in the north west.
R.I.P. David Meek. on 19:16 - Oct 30 with 2321 viewsD_Alien

Indeed. Although his main interest centred around Old Trafford, he was never less than objective and unafraid to say when something wasn't right. He also knew a great deal about all of the clubs in the north west. His match reports in the MEN and Pink Final were something to be savoured

RIP

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

R.I.P. David Meek. on 20:31 - Oct 30 with 2233 viewsmingthemerciless

Yes, another bit of my past gone. He was Mr Man Utd for years in the old " Pink ".
R.I.P. David Meek. on 21:16 - Oct 30 with 2190 viewsTVOS1907

R.I.P. David Meek. on 19:16 - Oct 30 by D_Alien

Indeed. Although his main interest centred around Old Trafford, he was never less than objective and unafraid to say when something wasn't right. He also knew a great deal about all of the clubs in the north west. His match reports in the MEN and Pink Final were something to be savoured

RIP

Absolutely.

Whenever a Dale report in The Pink was written by David Meek or Peter Gardner (City's chief reporter of the time), I always thought 'this must be an important game'.

Their reporting of matches was accurate, insightful and original. They certainly didn't fill their column inches with quotes and information copied and pasted from elsewhere, nor did they use MASSIVE pictures to occupy even more space.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

R.I.P. David Meek. on 21:20 - Oct 30 with 2181 views442Dale

R.I.P. David Meek. on 21:16 - Oct 30 by TVOS1907

Absolutely.

Whenever a Dale report in The Pink was written by David Meek or Peter Gardner (City's chief reporter of the time), I always thought 'this must be an important game'.

Their reporting of matches was accurate, insightful and original. They certainly didn't fill their column inches with quotes and information copied and pasted from elsewhere, nor did they use MASSIVE pictures to occupy even more space.

Because they had pride in their work and knew the game.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

R.I.P. David Meek. on 20:47 - Nov 1 with 1853 viewsdogboy

I remember waiting for the Pink at Greave newsagents each Saturday evening can you imagine old blokes it was like a scene of 'Waiting for Godot' but I loved it **** French Philosophy
R.I.P. David Meek. on 08:09 - Nov 2 with 1778 viewsmingthemerciless

We used to meet up in " The Temp " on a Saturday night before going on the usual pub crawl. There would always be a copy lying around there that I'd read while the other lads had a couple of games of snooker.
If I bought a copy it was from that news stand outside what used to be " Finnertys " at the end of The Walk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024