Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Williams (11) 17:52 - Nov 5 with 12237 viewsgeraldo

I realise that he has an amazing amount of energy but I cannot ever see him scoring a goal in Lg1
He seems to be part of Hill's starting line up with Calvin coming on after an hour. Why Clough only comes on for a few minutes is hard to understand - he had the best 2 shots on Saturday hitting the bar with an effort that no one else would have attempted. Had he been on from the start I am convinced he would have put away at least one of our many chances in the first half.
Jordan Williams (11) on 18:00 - Nov 5 with 6024 viewsJames1980

My theory is JW11 is picked ahead of ZC because Hill see's him as part of the clubs long term plans. With his energy could JW11 actually be better suited to being a box to box midfielder and seeing as they have scored some cracking goals in the past, perhaps Camps or Rathbone could play further up front as part of a 3

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Jordan Williams (11) on 18:35 - Nov 5 with 5940 viewsmacro

Listening to the interviews KH does, he really rates JW, I’d imagine his work ethic has been excellent as well
Jordan Williams (11) on 19:02 - Nov 5 with 5888 viewsSuddenLad

Jordan Williams (11) on 18:35 - Nov 5 by macro

Listening to the interviews KH does, he really rates JW, I’d imagine his work ethic has been excellent as well

JW11 does a fantastic job for the team all over the pitch. He presses, harries and has boundless energy. He is a completely different kind of player than the one we signed from Barrow. He is getting better and currently deservess his starting place.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jordan Williams (11) on 19:04 - Nov 5 with 5880 viewsNDGN82

Jordan Williams (11) on 18:35 - Nov 5 by macro

His work ethic is superb but he isn’t aggressive/ruthless enough. He seems too scared to mess his hair up or smudge his fake tan to put the ball in the net! Same as Binman

Need someone who’s not afraid to score at any cost. Or just stick Hendo or Done back up front in the middle
Jordan Williams (11) on 19:10 - Nov 5 with 5862 viewsboromat

Jordan defends from the front and helps us win the ball high up the pitch. If he doesn't win the ball then his pressure helps us win it within the next pass or two where we have energetic high pressing midfielders in waiting (or that's how it was on Saturday first half especially). As for goals I think they'll come not sure he'll be prolific but he'll get his share.

Looking forward to see how he progresses under Hilly.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Jordan Williams (11) on 19:26 - Nov 5 with 5823 viewsrich_dale

Hill always favours effort, workrate, attitude and 'honesty' over ability. Having said that JW11 has improved and think he will bag for us.
Jordan Williams (11) on 19:34 - Nov 5 with 5801 viewsrichfoad32

Jordan Williams (11) on 18:00 - Nov 5 by James1980

My theory is JW11 is picked ahead of ZC because Hill see's him as part of the clubs long term plans. With his energy could JW11 actually be better suited to being a box to box midfielder and seeing as they have scored some cracking goals in the past, perhaps Camps or Rathbone could play further up front as part of a 3

What was the point of bringing Clough in then?
[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 19:35]
Jordan Williams (11) on 19:44 - Nov 5 with 5757 viewsJames1980

Jordan Williams (11) on 19:34 - Nov 5 by richfoad32

What was the point of bringing Clough in then?
[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 19:35]

Perhaps when he was brought in Hill had every intention of giving him more game time, but Clough hasn't performed all that is expected of him in training. Maybe he doesn't get picked in the first 11 for the same reasons as Dobre last season. Although one concern I do have is could ZC lack of game time put other players of his calibre joining the club in the future.

Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Williams (11) on 20:02 - Nov 5 with 5710 viewsrichfoad32

Jordan Williams (11) on 19:44 - Nov 5 by James1980

Perhaps when he was brought in Hill had every intention of giving him more game time, but Clough hasn't performed all that is expected of him in training. Maybe he doesn't get picked in the first 11 for the same reasons as Dobre last season. Although one concern I do have is could ZC lack of game time put other players of his calibre joining the club in the future.

Maybe Clough has looked disinterested in training but that's a completely different reason from saying Williams is starting ahead of him because he more than likely won't be here beyond January.....Anyhow, there's no doubting JW's effort and workrate have improved in recent matches and he's a nuisance to the opposition but whether that is worth the significant outlay (by our standards) is debatable. We probably could've found someone to do a similar job at a fraction of the cost. Desperately want him to succeed for all concerned but the jury is still out for me.
Jordan Williams (11) on 21:42 - Nov 5 with 5533 viewsJames1980

Jordan Williams (11) on 20:02 - Nov 5 by richfoad32

Maybe Clough has looked disinterested in training but that's a completely different reason from saying Williams is starting ahead of him because he more than likely won't be here beyond January.....Anyhow, there's no doubting JW's effort and workrate have improved in recent matches and he's a nuisance to the opposition but whether that is worth the significant outlay (by our standards) is debatable. We probably could've found someone to do a similar job at a fraction of the cost. Desperately want him to succeed for all concerned but the jury is still out for me.

It could be a combination of JW11 performing better than Clough in training and being part of the longer term plans. What are your thoughts on the other point that Williams might be better suited as a box to box midfielder?

Jordan Williams (11) on 23:17 - Nov 5 with 5400 viewsdingdangblue

As much as I am happy Hill is giving Williams a chance - is he not accommodating him at the expense of Hendo? Surely Hendo in that position will have the same workrate along with a greater goal threat?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jordan Williams (11) on 01:23 - Nov 6 with 5319 viewsJames1980

Jordan Williams (11) on 23:17 - Nov 5 by dingdangblue

As much as I am happy Hill is giving Williams a chance - is he not accommodating him at the expense of Hendo? Surely Hendo in that position will have the same workrate along with a greater goal threat?

Again would Williams be better as a midfielder and another player such as Camps or Rathbone be better as a more forward player playing in 'the hole' perhaps

Jordan Williams (11) on 07:17 - Nov 6 with 5209 viewsnordenblue

Jordan Williams (11) on 01:23 - Nov 6 by James1980

Again would Williams be better as a midfielder and another player such as Camps or Rathbone be better as a more forward player playing in 'the hole' perhaps

Rather than reinventing the wheel there's a more than capable "proper" forward occupying the bench every week,now there's an idea
Jordan Williams (11) on 07:20 - Nov 6 with 5214 viewsrichfoad32

Jordan Williams (11) on 21:42 - Nov 5 by James1980

It could be a combination of JW11 performing better than Clough in training and being part of the longer term plans. What are your thoughts on the other point that Williams might be better suited as a box to box midfielder?

I don't see it at the moment James. The box to box role would require a lot more than running around and having a bit of pace. Besides, Williams is probably better at short, explosive efforts than a constant all action style. Could be an idea though and possiby worth experimenting with in a Checkatrade game or summat.
Jordan Williams (11) on 08:36 - Nov 6 with 5125 viewsgeraldo

Jordan Williams (11) on 07:17 - Nov 6 by nordenblue

Rather than reinventing the wheel there's a more than capable "proper" forward occupying the bench every week,now there's an idea

My point exactly and the reason for my post in the first place. Like most others I agree that JW has progressed this season BUT he is not (at this level) a natural goalscorer - perhaps he will get the chance on Saturday against lower level opponents
Jordan Williams (11) on 08:41 - Nov 6 with 5121 viewsfitzochris

At Barrow, Jordan Williams was a winger. He was faster than a lot of players at that level and, I think, scored around 20 goals in 70 odd appearances in that position.

Step up to League One and he hasn't had the same impact in that position. Therefore Hill is looking to exploit what qualities he does have by playing him in a forward role.

I didn't see much of him last season, to be fair, but he seems to have kicked on this season. Is he better than Zach Clough? On what I've seen of both so far, no. But Williams clearly has the desire and workrate to succeed and Clough... well, I've already posted elsewhere on that situation.

I'll never criticise a Dale player who visibly tries his best (and there are not many who haven't over the recent years). Jordan Williams deserves our support while he is on the pitch. The manager signed him and the manager tells him what to do.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jordan Williams (11) on 08:41 - Nov 6 with 5118 viewsNigeriamark

Jordan Williams (11) on 07:20 - Nov 6 by richfoad32

I don't see it at the moment James. The box to box role would require a lot more than running around and having a bit of pace. Besides, Williams is probably better at short, explosive efforts than a constant all action style. Could be an idea though and possiby worth experimenting with in a Checkatrade game or summat.

We now have 6 or 7 good midfielders fighting for 4 or 5 places. We only have a couple of natural goalscorers, one of those who also keeps dropping into midfield too. Zac Hughes isn't going to look good or score many if he just gets 30 minutes here and there ( Hart didn't look good until he got a run of games)

I would say the 2 cup games is an ideal time to at least give Clough 2 starts. If he can bag a couple of goals or at least contribute to goals then give him the next 3 or 4 league games too. Otherwise he will leave the club without us really knowing what he could do at a time when we aren't prolific outside of Hendo's contribution.
Jordan Williams (11) on 08:48 - Nov 6 with 5100 viewsDaleiLama

Jordan Williams (11) on 08:41 - Nov 6 by fitzochris

At Barrow, Jordan Williams was a winger. He was faster than a lot of players at that level and, I think, scored around 20 goals in 70 odd appearances in that position.

Step up to League One and he hasn't had the same impact in that position. Therefore Hill is looking to exploit what qualities he does have by playing him in a forward role.

I didn't see much of him last season, to be fair, but he seems to have kicked on this season. Is he better than Zach Clough? On what I've seen of both so far, no. But Williams clearly has the desire and workrate to succeed and Clough... well, I've already posted elsewhere on that situation.

I'll never criticise a Dale player who visibly tries his best (and there are not many who haven't over the recent years). Jordan Williams deserves our support while he is on the pitch. The manager signed him and the manager tells him what to do.

Couldn't agree more. Would just add that no one knows where his ceiling is either. He may be close to it or he may still be improving. Like the season - let it play out.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Jordan Williams (11) on 11:51 - Nov 6 with 4898 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hilly does seem to be determined to make JW11 a success (and get a return on our £100k?)

He is certainly doing well as demo'd by the standing applause he got on Saturday when subbed....now if he could just get another goal.

Keep it up young man.
Jordan Williams (11) on 12:21 - Nov 6 with 4860 viewsJames1980

Jordan Williams (11) on 12:56 - Nov 6 with 4819 viewsfitzochris

Jordan Williams (11) on 08:48 - Nov 6 by DaleiLama

Couldn't agree more. Would just add that no one knows where his ceiling is either. He may be close to it or he may still be improving. Like the season - let it play out.

Absolutely. I’ve never understood the joe public who take to giving professional footballers a bodying over their ability. Fair enough for a lack of effort, but ability?

Have a game of fives against a team that contains a current pro, or even a former pro, and it adds a whole new level of respect on that front.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jordan Williams (11) on 13:22 - Nov 6 with 4783 viewsEllDale

I don't think we'll see Clough on Saturday as Forest presumably won't want him cuptied.
Jordan Williams (11) on 15:41 - Nov 6 with 4671 viewsrich_dale

Jordan Williams (11) on 08:41 - Nov 6 by Nigeriamark

We now have 6 or 7 good midfielders fighting for 4 or 5 places. We only have a couple of natural goalscorers, one of those who also keeps dropping into midfield too. Zac Hughes isn't going to look good or score many if he just gets 30 minutes here and there ( Hart didn't look good until he got a run of games)

I would say the 2 cup games is an ideal time to at least give Clough 2 starts. If he can bag a couple of goals or at least contribute to goals then give him the next 3 or 4 league games too. Otherwise he will leave the club without us really knowing what he could do at a time when we aren't prolific outside of Hendo's contribution.

Zac Hughes...1980s Freudian slip...
Jordan Williams (11) on 16:55 - Nov 6 with 4580 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Jordan Williams (11) on 15:41 - Nov 6 by rich_dale

Zac Hughes...1980s Freudian slip...

...he of the "promised" friendly with Glasgow Celtic?
Jordan Williams (11) on 17:06 - Nov 6 with 4556 viewsJimmyRustler

It's logical to assume that KH signed JW in the hope that he could eventually replicate the feats he achieved at Barrow. However, it appears that KH has quickly figured out that's not going to be possible (at least right away) and has adjusted JW's role in the team accordingly. He works hard and is a nuisance but in the current mould, he will never justify the 100k price tag in my opinion. On the other hand, his confidence does appear to be improving every game and perhaps this will allow him to rediscover his scoring touch once he inevitably moves back into a wider position. I say inevitably because I'm hoping that KH comes to his senses and once again starts playing Henderson up front. Wouldn't put money on it though..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024