Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Carrick autobiography 07:53 - Nov 7 with 1967 viewsEllDale

I'm just in the middle of reading this at the moment (it's one the better ones and quite insightful) and there are a couple of references which might interest Dale fans.
Carrick says that of all the players who impressed him in the youth set-up at West Ham (and he was there from 14) was a "young, local lad from Plaistow, called Lee Hodges who was incredibly talented".
Praise indeed when you think that Carrick's contemporaries included the likes of Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand and Frank Lampard.
Steve Bywater gets several mentions as well. He was in the same FA Youth Cup winning team of 1999 and comes across as being completely crazy.
Carrick recalls one game where West Ham conceded a corner and Bywater told his defence that he was coming out for this one "Like a train".
The corner came across and he raced off his line to punch clear shouting "choo choo".
Was he as potty when he played for Dale!?

Michael Carrick autobiography on 08:25 - Nov 7 with 1924 viewsnordenblue

Not sure he was given the chance to be potty at Dale but i do remember another pretty funny incident......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1314479/Stephen-Bywater-infur
Michael Carrick autobiography on 10:40 - Nov 7 with 1809 viewsfrenzied

i bet he wasn't as barmy as John Burridge..he was certifiable!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024