Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? 18:37 - Nov 7 with 13726 viewsSandyman

Any ideas about this?
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2018/11/all-goldbond-agents-important-letter/
Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 18:42 - Nov 7 with 8966 views100notout

Sounds ominous for goldbold agents

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 18:54 - Nov 7 with 8942 views49thseason

Total Lottery Solutions. Dont seem to exist on the internet and are not registered as a Limited Company at Companies House. There are a few lottery solutions companies listed but most do not seem to be trading. Caveat Emptor methinks.
Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 18:57 - Nov 7 with 8931 views442Dale

What’s up with Goldbond continuing as it is? Obviously others will know more and I’m sure it isn’t as popular as in days gone by, but surely it still brings in reasonable revenue?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Goldbond - on 19:56 - Nov 7 with 8842 viewskel

https://goo.gl/images/iEucVx
Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 20:28 - Nov 7 with 8777 viewsjudd

We're introducing a gala lottery at £65 a week with the weekly leaflets being delivered via carriages at midnight.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 20:33 - Nov 7 with 8764 viewsblackdogblue

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 20:28 - Nov 7 by judd

We're introducing a gala lottery at £65 a week with the weekly leaflets being delivered via carriages at midnight.

Would be a better return on the current weekly stake 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 21:20 - Nov 7 with 8699 viewsrochdaleriddler

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 18:57 - Nov 7 by 442Dale

What’s up with Goldbond continuing as it is? Obviously others will know more and I’m sure it isn’t as popular as in days gone by, but surely it still brings in reasonable revenue?

Needs bringing into the 21st century, old geezers carrying bags of coins about, people sat counting the money, bit old school

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 22:02 - Nov 7 with 8619 viewsjudd

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 21:20 - Nov 7 by rochdaleriddler

Needs bringing into the 21st century, old geezers carrying bags of coins about, people sat counting the money, bit old school

Is that how it works?

Login to get fewer ads

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 22:41 - Nov 7 with 8552 viewssoulboy

Unconfirmed rumours a couple of weeks ago saying Goldbond was going to be collected on direct debit.
Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 22:50 - Nov 7 with 8534 viewsAncoats_Blue

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 22:02 - Nov 7 by judd

Is that how it works?

It was when I had a round about 5 years ago. I’m not old and I wasn’t then but I did have a bag of coins.
Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 22:53 - Nov 7 with 8527 viewsjudd

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 22:41 - Nov 7 by soulboy

Unconfirmed rumours a couple of weeks ago saying Goldbond was going to be collected on direct debit.

It has always been an option to use standing orders to pay. I've done it for years. Recent agent meetings has seen a more emphatic demand for customers to pay by this method.
It's definitely worth seeing what is spun out at the meeting before dissecting it on here.

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 22:55 - Nov 7 with 8523 viewsjudd

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 22:50 - Nov 7 by Ancoats_Blue

It was when I had a round about 5 years ago. I’m not old and I wasn’t then but I did have a bag of coins.

How much did you collect in your bags?

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 22:56 - Nov 7 with 8519 viewsAncoats_Blue

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 22:55 - Nov 7 by judd

How much did you collect in your bags?

Around the amount that I was told to
Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 23:02 - Nov 7 with 8497 viewsjudd

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 22:56 - Nov 7 by Ancoats_Blue

Around the amount that I was told to

Strange answer. I'm not going to mug you. Let's guess at £30 quid divided by a multitude of coin types. I'd imagine totally accomodated in a jeans front pocket. Or shell suit.

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 07:50 - Nov 8 with 8307 viewsEllDale

I've paid by monthly direct debit for the last few years.
Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 08:13 - Nov 8 with 8286 viewsrochdaleriddler

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 07:50 - Nov 8 by EllDale

I've paid by monthly direct debit for the last few years.

Standing order?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 08:15 - Nov 8 with 8280 viewsrochdaleriddler

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 23:02 - Nov 7 by judd

Strange answer. I'm not going to mug you. Let's guess at £30 quid divided by a multitude of coin types. I'd imagine totally accomodated in a jeans front pocket. Or shell suit.

Not uncommon to have 50 £1 coins on a round, that’s an uncomfortable shell suit, jangle jangle. Now then now then

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 09:18 - Nov 14 with 7823 viewsWill_RAFC

Anyone able to report what happened at the meeting?
Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 13:29 - Nov 14 with 7657 viewschalky_ncfc

Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 22:50 - Nov 7 by Ancoats_Blue

"I'm not old and I wasn't then" seemed to tickle me for some reason

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Goldbond - on 20:26 - Nov 14 with 7449 viewsDale1963

As an agent for over 5 years being at the meeting It looks to me that Goldbond is hanging by a thread. Was discussed that it’s on the border of being illegal due to not brining in enough funds. They want to get as many people onto standing order as possible which didn’t go down very well and most people said most would cancel if forced onto it. However the club are not forcing people onto it just asked if they could do there best. They can still do door to for collecting. However standing order would save time,guaranteed payments and agents will still receive 15% commission. I think the older generation would struggle to convert to S/O. What really worried me was that even though my customers pay the erreas if I miss them, they might not have been going into the draw. They said it’s illegal to put someone in the draw if they haven’t paid. Still really struggling with this. I can’t go to my customers now and ask for erreas if they won’t be entered into the draw.
Scratch cards were discussed which would have a dale theme to it. Selection of scratch cards with different prices and prizes. Might work with other agents buts it’s hard enough getting £1 off some people.
David Bottomley seems to think we can have just as successful lottery as Burnley and Portsmouth. Would love to know what he has been drinking with them having 6 times the fan base. Really don’t think he had a clue.
Agents were promised free coats last year this has now changed to paying cost price which is a bit of joke don’t promise something and go back on your word.
My round hasn’t been canvassed for for 2 years and by what was said last night I will have to canvass myself to keep my members up. Total lottery solutions who are managing the lotterty now will have there own canvassers just canvassing standing order customers. So there will be no canvassing done for agents which means if my round falls below 50 members I don’t get a season ticket for £30. This means a lot of agents won’t collect without the discounted season ticket.
Really am under the impression that they want to make this fully on standing order and get rid of all agents just trying the best to keep us happy until they can say thanks for getting everyone on standing order but we don’t need u now.
Prizes were dicussed should have more match tickets to win, doesn’t cost the club anything ! Maybe more small cash prizes so more people win.
Recently I’ve had new members and it’s taken 4 weeks for the club to put them in the draw. My sheet is never correct with advance payments not going on so this needs sorting espeacislly with all the legalities that were discussed last night.
Over the years Goldbond has been a massive success but I really do feel over recent years the people at the top of the club really haven’t got a clue about lotteries and have made changes which really has had a real negative effect on the lottery. Just hope they can turn it round as it’s a great source of income.
Goldbond - on 22:06 - Nov 14 with 7347 viewsmikehunt

My lot won't go for the standing order job. I get the GB about £600 a year. It is a very ad hoc arrangement: everyone pays - eventually. I just collect from work colleagues and a few mates when I see them. But if the law is being broken by money not being paid in regularly then my little contribution will have to go, I'm afraid.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2018 22:20]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Goldbond - on 22:13 - Nov 14 with 7332 viewssoulboy

Goldbond - on 20:26 - Nov 14 by Dale1963

As an agent for over 5 years being at the meeting It looks to me that Goldbond is hanging by a thread. Was discussed that it’s on the border of being illegal due to not brining in enough funds. They want to get as many people onto standing order as possible which didn’t go down very well and most people said most would cancel if forced onto it. However the club are not forcing people onto it just asked if they could do there best. They can still do door to for collecting. However standing order would save time,guaranteed payments and agents will still receive 15% commission. I think the older generation would struggle to convert to S/O. What really worried me was that even though my customers pay the erreas if I miss them, they might not have been going into the draw. They said it’s illegal to put someone in the draw if they haven’t paid. Still really struggling with this. I can’t go to my customers now and ask for erreas if they won’t be entered into the draw.
Scratch cards were discussed which would have a dale theme to it. Selection of scratch cards with different prices and prizes. Might work with other agents buts it’s hard enough getting £1 off some people.
David Bottomley seems to think we can have just as successful lottery as Burnley and Portsmouth. Would love to know what he has been drinking with them having 6 times the fan base. Really don’t think he had a clue.
Agents were promised free coats last year this has now changed to paying cost price which is a bit of joke don’t promise something and go back on your word.
My round hasn’t been canvassed for for 2 years and by what was said last night I will have to canvass myself to keep my members up. Total lottery solutions who are managing the lotterty now will have there own canvassers just canvassing standing order customers. So there will be no canvassing done for agents which means if my round falls below 50 members I don’t get a season ticket for £30. This means a lot of agents won’t collect without the discounted season ticket.
Really am under the impression that they want to make this fully on standing order and get rid of all agents just trying the best to keep us happy until they can say thanks for getting everyone on standing order but we don’t need u now.
Prizes were dicussed should have more match tickets to win, doesn’t cost the club anything ! Maybe more small cash prizes so more people win.
Recently I’ve had new members and it’s taken 4 weeks for the club to put them in the draw. My sheet is never correct with advance payments not going on so this needs sorting espeacislly with all the legalities that were discussed last night.
Over the years Goldbond has been a massive success but I really do feel over recent years the people at the top of the club really haven’t got a clue about lotteries and have made changes which really has had a real negative effect on the lottery. Just hope they can turn it round as it’s a great source of income.

Yes, i cant get my head round it being illegal if the member hasnt paid in advance. Does that mean if someone goes on a football card in a pub and tells the seller they will pay in a few minutes when they have some change that its illegal?
Goldbond - "new lottery managers" ? on 08:16 - Nov 16 with 6994 viewsChaffRAFC

* The company is called Total Gaming Solutions, not Total Lotteries Solutions as David Bottomley was corrected by their spokesperson whose managing director is former Burnley Chairman Barry Kilby.

* They want people to go on Direct Debit, not standing order.

* I was assured that the conversion of members from cash to direct debit would have no impact on our member numbers. For example, if 20 of my 65 members convert to direct debit and I don't have to go to their house on my round, they remain on my round for the purposes of member numbers to qualify for the £30 season ticket. It had been my worry that this was going to be the way they could get out of not giving us our £30 season ticket. I was assured by David Bottomley this would not be the case.

* New scratchcards with club themes being introduced with different costs and different prizes.

* Bottomley admitted that the coat promise shouldn't have been offered, Russ Green mentioned by the floor as being the one who offered it but it can't be adhered to. Instead we may be able to do a deal at cost price with Frances Fielding looking into pre-orders.

* The illegality issue was more about players owing back pay and being put in the draw which makes sense. I can't go into Tesco and put the lottery on but tell them I'll pay them next week.

All in all, getting people onto Direct Debit is the way forward on the whole, the world is changing and it's just a case that people don't like change or move with the times but whether the people will go for it, I don't know. Another agent text me saying he had asked all his members this week if they'd be interested in moving to direct debit and only one from his entire round was interested.

It's the biggest change to Goldbond, probably ever, so there will be apprehensions and I don't trust everyone pushing it to be able to deliver it, or implement it without somehow taking privileges away from agents. I expect the season ticket price may go up for example. It was a big effort to get season tickets this season and it definitely came across like they didn't want to give them out.

A very interesting 12 months or so ahead.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Goldbond - on 09:33 - Nov 16 with 6934 viewsdingdangblue

Goldbond - on 20:26 - Nov 14 by Dale1963

I had always wondered in the past what happened if you missed your payment. I often remember when I lived at my mum and dad's that sometimes they'd miss the agent calling for a few weeks then pay him arrears when he came - is it a new thing that you don't get entered if you miss a payment? Seems a bit of a rigmarole for someone at the club to look through a list of who's paid and who hasn't each week before they draw the winners? Certainly in the past when there were thousands of Goldbond members.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Goldbond - on 10:04 - Nov 16 with 6892 viewsDaleiLama

Goldbond - on 09:33 - Nov 16 by dingdangblue

I had always wondered in the past what happened if you missed your payment. I often remember when I lived at my mum and dad's that sometimes they'd miss the agent calling for a few weeks then pay him arrears when he came - is it a new thing that you don't get entered if you miss a payment? Seems a bit of a rigmarole for someone at the club to look through a list of who's paid and who hasn't each week before they draw the winners? Certainly in the past when there were thousands of Goldbond members.

I can see the logic of the timing for payment. Hypothetically, someone could pass away and win the draw 2 weeks after their death, for example, under current rules.

Whilst dd is ok for people who have used it for many years, trying to get those unfamiliar with it (and who may run on a tight household budget) to convert might not be so easy. A lack of empathy for such circumstances (if I am reading it right) is a bit of a head scratcher in terms of our Directors understanding probably the majority our fanbase?

There will be one winner out of all this (Total Gaming Solutions), that's for sure! Hope the club don't suffer a shortfall in revenue on the flip side.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024