Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead 15:40 - Nov 8 with 1904 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead 8th Nov 2018 15:36
Peter Wright will referee at the Crown Oil Arena for the first time on Saturday when Dale entertain Gateshead in the FA Cup. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 19:33 - Nov 8 with 1823 viewsD_Dale

Of the 14 games he's reffed this season, all but two have been at League 2 or Football League Trophy level - arguably Saturday's match is the biggest of his career!

Btw, it's almost 60 years since Dale played Gateshead, 13 October 1959. Dale won 2-0 (though of the 48 meetings between the two clubs, 15 were won, 7 drawn and 26 lost).
Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 21:03 - Nov 8 with 1765 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 19:33 - Nov 8 by D_Dale

Of the 14 games he's reffed this season, all but two have been at League 2 or Football League Trophy level - arguably Saturday's match is the biggest of his career!

Btw, it's almost 60 years since Dale played Gateshead, 13 October 1959. Dale won 2-0 (though of the 48 meetings between the two clubs, 15 were won, 7 drawn and 26 lost).

It's almost 43 years. We played them in the FA Cup in 1975/76, winning 3-1 in a replay to earn a tie at Norwich in the next round.

[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 21:06]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 22:03 - Nov 8 with 1743 viewsD_Dale

Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 21:03 - Nov 8 by TVOS1907

It's almost 43 years. We played them in the FA Cup in 1975/76, winning 3-1 in a replay to earn a tie at Norwich in the next round.

[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 21:06]

Probably not for the first, or last, time TVOS is better informed than Soccerbase, which has Dale playing Workington and Gateshead four times in the FA Cup on 30 January 1976!

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2175&season_id=105&teamTabs=res

Steven Phillipps in his Official History of Dale appears to get the details right, and incidentally gives an attendance for the Spotland replay against Norwich as 8284 (in a season that Dale twice had sub-1000 attendances): the magic then of the FA Cup?
Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 22:37 - Nov 8 with 1717 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 22:03 - Nov 8 by D_Dale

Probably not for the first, or last, time TVOS is better informed than Soccerbase, which has Dale playing Workington and Gateshead four times in the FA Cup on 30 January 1976!

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2175&season_id=105&teamTabs=res

Steven Phillipps in his Official History of Dale appears to get the details right, and incidentally gives an attendance for the Spotland replay against Norwich as 8284 (in a season that Dale twice had sub-1000 attendances): the magic then of the FA Cup?

Soccerbase is useful, but notoriously unreliable.

Workington were beaten in round one and Gateshead, then known as Gateshead United, were beaten in round two. Both ties went to Spotland replays, as did the Norwich tie in round three.

Read all about it in Saturday's TVOS, where the details also appear to be right.

Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 20:34 - Nov 9 with 1560 viewssmaclad1

Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 22:37 - Nov 8 by TVOS1907

Soccerbase is useful, but notoriously unreliable.

Workington were beaten in round one and Gateshead, then known as Gateshead United, were beaten in round two. Both ties went to Spotland replays, as did the Norwich tie in round three.

Read all about it in Saturday's TVOS, where the details also appear to be right.

Gateshead United were dissolved in 1977. The current Gateshead FC was formed as a phoenix club that was allowed to retain the former club's position in the Northern Premier League.
Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 20:50 - Nov 9 with 1547 viewsDaleiLama

M25 was a bitch and an accident on the A22 just outside Hailsham. Blowing a gale on the prom but landed safe and sound at my b&b and even got a sea view.
Where is everyone going for a drink before the game?
Up the Dale

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 20:56 - Nov 9 with 1537 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 20:34 - Nov 9 by smaclad1

Gateshead United were dissolved in 1977. The current Gateshead FC was formed as a phoenix club that was allowed to retain the former club's position in the Northern Premier League.

Absolutely.

Reading it all up on Wikipedia, there seems to have been a few changes at the same club since the 1920s. They became South Shields at one point, whom Dale played in the FA Cup in 1973/74.

Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 21:20 - Nov 9 with 1508 viewssmaclad1

Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 20:56 - Nov 9 by TVOS1907

Absolutely.

Reading it all up on Wikipedia, there seems to have been a few changes at the same club since the 1920s. They became South Shields at one point, whom Dale played in the FA Cup in 1973/74.

And looking at their website, they have spent the time going u and down between 5th and 7th tiers and talk about 'reclaiming' their league position which, of course, being established in 1977 they never had in the first place.
Login to get fewer ads

Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 13:37 - Nov 10 with 1324 viewsD_Dale

Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 21:20 - Nov 9 by smaclad1

And looking at their website, they have spent the time going u and down between 5th and 7th tiers and talk about 'reclaiming' their league position which, of course, being established in 1977 they never had in the first place.

Technically (according to FA rules etc) perhaps, the present club is separate from Gateshead Utd. But the fans who want to see their club regain its league status don't see it as such.

There'll be similar sentiments among the fans of Darlington, Accrington, Wimbledon ...
Refwatch: Dale v Gateshead on 14:31 - Nov 10 with 1274 viewsEllDale

Correct.
I talk to a lot of Halifax fans and try telling them that they aren't a Football League club by heritage because they were liquidated in 2008.
Even a Scarborough supporter that I see claims that they are ex-EFL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024