Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd half tactics 17:31 - Nov 10 with 13021 viewsrochdaleriddler

Wow, thought we were going to win by 5 today. Instead we sat back, Calvin flicked on to thin air, and we rode our luck . Gateshead deserved a replay. Ref was awful

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

2nd half tactics on 17:34 - Nov 10 with 4558 viewsDalenet

Agree with your summary. Second half wasn't great to watch. Fair play to Gateshead who never stopped
2nd half tactics on 17:45 - Nov 10 with 4439 viewsSandyman

Gateshead definitely deserved a replay. Dale were pathetic second half. Did we have a shot on target second half? We went sideways and backwards and lost possession countless times. We looked as organised as an impromptu game by 8 year olds on a school field. Our 10 and 11 were a waste of space, again.
Happy we're through, happy for Hendo but that last 45 was Eyre-esque, if not worse.
K H likes to comment on our performances. He should slag that last 45 minutes off to the top of Blackstone Edge.
2nd half tactics on 17:47 - Nov 10 with 4417 viewsD_Alien

Before we scored, it was very even but then it looked like we found an extra few yards of space to make things comfortable, but really well done to Gateshead for making life difficult for us - it certainly made for a more interesting game than the walkover against Bromley last year

A few of our lads were out on their feet at the final whistle and the relief at winning though to the next round was palpable. I don't think we particularly set ourselves up to just contain them second half, they just pressed us and getting a goal back gave them all the impetus they needed to keep their foot on the gas

Another trip to the Sandy today, and a reminder of those same old voices moaning like f*ck at virtually everything. We won, and it'll be back to the Pearl St with the same sense of relief as Dale at the final whistle

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

2nd half tactics on 18:05 - Nov 10 with 4271 views49thseason

2nd half tactics on 17:45 - Nov 10 by Sandyman

Gateshead definitely deserved a replay. Dale were pathetic second half. Did we have a shot on target second half? We went sideways and backwards and lost possession countless times. We looked as organised as an impromptu game by 8 year olds on a school field. Our 10 and 11 were a waste of space, again.
Happy we're through, happy for Hendo but that last 45 was Eyre-esque, if not worse.
K H likes to comment on our performances. He should slag that last 45 minutes off to the top of Blackstone Edge.

Hmmm tactics eh? Seemed like the tactic was to put 11 men behind the ball and hope for the best. Did any blue shirt actually make it into their penalty area except at corners?
2nd half tactics on 18:10 - Nov 10 with 4236 viewssmaclad1

First half - as I expected/hoped for - professional if unspectacular performance dealing with non-league opposition - as per last season.

Second half - absolute shambles of a performance. Good job they were as inept as us in front of goal otherwise we'd be out.

That's all. Far more important business to attend to this evening so off out again....

2nd half tactics on 18:20 - Nov 10 with 4164 viewsMancDale

2nd half tactics on 17:47 - Nov 10 by D_Alien

Before we scored, it was very even but then it looked like we found an extra few yards of space to make things comfortable, but really well done to Gateshead for making life difficult for us - it certainly made for a more interesting game than the walkover against Bromley last year

A few of our lads were out on their feet at the final whistle and the relief at winning though to the next round was palpable. I don't think we particularly set ourselves up to just contain them second half, they just pressed us and getting a goal back gave them all the impetus they needed to keep their foot on the gas

Another trip to the Sandy today, and a reminder of those same old voices moaning like f*ck at virtually everything. We won, and it'll be back to the Pearl St with the same sense of relief as Dale at the final whistle

Is the atmosphere in the Pearl Street much better? Some of the moaning in the Sandy is absolutely pathetic, especially today. Win, lose or draw its making every game a joyless experience for me at least.

As for today on the balance of play we were lucky to get the win. On that performance Gateshead were miles better than Luton and Charlton.
2nd half tactics on 18:25 - Nov 10 with 4128 viewsMoonyDale

Sometimes you don't always get what you deserve, today we didn't deserve what we got but that's the FA Cup for you, glad to be in the bag for the next round and couldn't have asked for more than that....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

2nd half tactics on 18:29 - Nov 10 with 4093 viewsrochdaleriddler

2nd half tactics on 17:47 - Nov 10 by D_Alien

I was in Sandy, didn’t hear much moaning , would have been deserved though 2nd half

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

2nd half tactics on 18:41 - Nov 10 with 4004 viewsblackdogblue

Technically only scored once today, not acceptable & dire performance..

On paper 80% out best team & Moore dropped another clanger with a poor pass out was very lucky they shot it at him..

Bring back Lilllis...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

2nd half tactics on 18:42 - Nov 10 with 3997 views1907

Turgid.

Really, really poor stuff today.

Everything good about last week was completely lost today.

Deflated to say the least.

Hill’s game management of the second half left a lot to be desired, obviously involved the usual turning round ranting at the fans ritual at one point in the second half.

That second half performance was as bad as anything I’ve witnessed.
2nd half tactics on 18:47 - Nov 10 with 3952 viewsD_Alien

2nd half tactics on 18:29 - Nov 10 by rochdaleriddler

I was in Sandy, didn’t hear much moaning , would have been deserved though 2nd half

Just the same voices from yesteryear with the same old complaints, that's what they go to matches for since it's the same tripe from back when we were struggling in the old Div4

I'd rather give credit to Gateshead for putting us on the back foot, and why shouldn't they? I enjoyed watching them recover from going 2-0 down and keeping their heads up. I might've felt differently if they'd equalised or worse, and it's a game we'd have lost in the past so credit to us too for hanging in there

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

2nd half tactics on 18:49 - Nov 10 with 3928 viewsblackdogblue

2nd half tactics on 18:42 - Nov 10 by 1907

Turgid.

Really, really poor stuff today.

Everything good about last week was completely lost today.

Deflated to say the least.

Hill’s game management of the second half left a lot to be desired, obviously involved the usual turning round ranting at the fans ritual at one point in the second half.

That second half performance was as bad as anything I’ve witnessed.

Too be honest Hexit Hill did the same last weekend, brought Calvin on, wing play stopped (took Matty Done off today and he looked bemused) hoof it to Calvin’s head...

Rather have 10 men on the pitch than a number 11 😡

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

2nd half tactics on 18:58 - Nov 10 with 3868 viewsrochdaleriddler

2nd half tactics on 18:47 - Nov 10 by D_Alien

Just the same voices from yesteryear with the same old complaints, that's what they go to matches for since it's the same tripe from back when we were struggling in the old Div4

I'd rather give credit to Gateshead for putting us on the back foot, and why shouldn't they? I enjoyed watching them recover from going 2-0 down and keeping their heads up. I might've felt differently if they'd equalised or worse, and it's a game we'd have lost in the past so credit to us too for hanging in there

I don’t think they did anything different in last 45, just thought we weren’t going for it. Yep they were better, not sure what the Calvin and perks substitutions were about

2nd half tactics on 19:11 - Nov 10 with 3789 viewsfrequency

2nd half tactics on 18:58 - Nov 10 by rochdaleriddler

I don’t think they did anything different in last 45, just thought we weren’t going for it. Yep they were better, not sure what the Calvin and perks substitutions were about

As soon as calvin comes on we revert to hoofball idont understand it

Hate city

2nd half tactics on 19:13 - Nov 10 with 3772 views1907

I’ve got to say that of late, when Calvin enters the fray, we immediately become so much worse.

What must be going through Clough’s head, I dread to think.

A 3 million pound player getting five minutes against non league opposition? The whole situation is shambolic & the way Clough appears to be being treated is bemusing.
2nd half tactics on 19:13 - Nov 10 with 3771 viewsanimal8

2nd half tactics on 18:58 - Nov 10 by rochdaleriddler

I Agree with D'alian ,sometimes we never give other teams credit. We didn't play well 2nd half but give Gateshead a bit of credit for having a go at us .and we are in the second round of the cup .
2nd half tactics on 19:20 - Nov 10 with 3730 viewsmidlandsdale

2nd half tactics on 19:13 - Nov 10 by animal8

I Agree with D'alian ,sometimes we never give other teams credit. We didn't play well 2nd half but give Gateshead a bit of credit for having a go at us .and we are in the second round of the cup .

Lets not dress up the poor 2nd half showing by praising the opposition. Yes they never let their heads go down but we should at 2-0 up be killing off this type of opposition. We didn't and as for the use of Clough I will never understand Hills use of a player that should certainly be starting before Perkins and Calvin as much as I am an admirer of Calv.
2nd half tactics on 19:25 - Nov 10 with 3697 viewsDaleFan7

First half was a comfortable and acceptable performance. Second half was absolutely dire. I think people are giving them too much praise. They weren't a good team and were dreadful infront of goal. Had we played a team with competent strikers today we'd have been hammered.

Very lucky to come away with a win today.
2nd half tactics on 19:33 - Nov 10 with 3638 viewsrochdaleriddler

2nd half tactics on 19:13 - Nov 10 by animal8

Good for you, I’m glad you thought they got better, that would explain our crap subs, and lack of attacking, oh wait it doesn’t

2nd half tactics on 19:43 - Nov 10 with 3580 viewsleedsdale

Hill spends the first three or four minutes of his interview on iFollow strongly criticising Moore (and Norman) for the goals conceded this week, stating that any member of the coaching staff could have saved all three goals.

Can’t help but feel the constant chopping and changing of keepers isn’t helping!
2nd half tactics on 19:44 - Nov 10 with 3570 viewsMoonyDale

Just watched Hills after match vid and he is seriously unhappy with the keeper, says he could have cost us big time and should have done better with the goal. Surely the keeper situation is his doing? Get Lillis back in sharpish, will be interesting to see who he picks next week...Also a little dig at Brad for pulling out of a tackle in the first half....No mention of the fans this time which is refreshing...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

2nd half tactics on 19:47 - Nov 10 with 3554 views442Dale

The keeping situation is causing consternation? Good. Might help the manager realise that he’s partly to blame because we now have our best keeper on the bench, an on-loan player who is third choice and the current no.1 making regular mistakes. Hope none of the crowd said anything about players pulling out of challenges too...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

2nd half tactics on 19:58 - Nov 10 with 3476 viewsanimal8

2nd half tactics on 19:33 - Nov 10 by rochdaleriddler

Good for you, I’m glad you thought they got better, that would explain our crap subs, and lack of attacking, oh wait it doesn’t

Good for you riddler ,it seems only your opinion counts .we won .I admit the 2nd half wasn't good but spurs could have said that last season .But I never heard there manager flagging them off he gave us credit for playing well .
2nd half tactics on 20:00 - Nov 10 with 3460 viewsfinberty

2nd half tactics on 19:47 - Nov 10 by 442Dale

The keeping situation is causing consternation? Good. Might help the manager realise that he’s partly to blame because we now have our best keeper on the bench, an on-loan player who is third choice and the current no.1 making regular mistakes. Hope none of the crowd said anything about players pulling out of challenges too...

When Dooley was blocked on the edge of their box, he turned it back to Camps to recycle. What happens? Camps considers only the sideways or backwards options as usual, and selects backwards to McGahey. What happens? McGahey considers only the same two options and it ends up with Moore. So from their box to our six yard line in three easy moves. It's as though if we can't pass around the opposition, we retire to the start to try again. Why does nobody other than Dooley actually run at opponents?
2nd half tactics on 20:03 - Nov 10 with 3446 viewsDaleFan7

The keeping situation is his own doing. He's right about Inman though, he never puts his foot or body into a tackle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024