Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Thompson 21:46 - Nov 17 with 5264 viewsDiddyDave

Correct me if I`m wrong,but from glancing through Dale`s results this year,it appears that Joe has only been on the bench for the first game at Burton. Is he injured? Has he been allowed time off to push his book? Or is there another reason that nobody wants to talk about?
Joe Thompson on 21:55 - Nov 17 with 5231 viewsKenBoon

Torn calf or something like that. He said what it was in an interview and Hill mentioned it because for some reason all injuries must be secret at Rochdale.
Joe Thompson on 22:30 - Nov 17 with 5147 viewsscarrow

Joe Thompson on 21:55 - Nov 17 by KenBoon

Torn calf or something like that. He said what it was in an interview and Hill mentioned it because for some reason all injuries must be secret at Rochdale.

He's said recently that cannon is injured as well

Poll: Final position

Joe Thompson on 22:48 - Nov 17 with 5117 viewsSuddenLad

I think he has more of an ambassadorial role at the moment. I can't see that he will ever reach peak fitness again,

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Joe Thompson on 14:18 - Nov 18 with 4717 viewsArthurDaley

A good piece on Joe in todays Sunday Mirror.

A large VAT Dave

Joe Thompson on 14:51 - Nov 18 with 4674 viewsboromat

Joe was looking really good in preseason I hope he can come back and make an impact.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Joe Thompson on 12:55 - Dec 12 with 4034 viewsJames1980

Any updates on JT's injury?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Joe Thompson on 13:13 - Dec 12 with 3978 viewsdingdangblue

Joe Thompson on 22:48 - Nov 17 by SuddenLad

I think he has more of an ambassadorial role at the moment. I can't see that he will ever reach peak fitness again,

He's only injured - yes the club might not be pushing him too much as he's got his book to promote. Let's not forget he got himself fit enough last season to score the goal which kept us up. And he had a good pre season - I wouldn't write his Dale playing career off just yet - he is a fighter after all! I'm sure he'll be back in the new year.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Joe Thompson on 15:30 - Dec 12 with 3752 viewsSuddenLad

Joe Thompson on 13:13 - Dec 12 by dingdangblue

He's only injured - yes the club might not be pushing him too much as he's got his book to promote. Let's not forget he got himself fit enough last season to score the goal which kept us up. And he had a good pre season - I wouldn't write his Dale playing career off just yet - he is a fighter after all! I'm sure he'll be back in the new year.

I'm not by any means 'writing him off' but his lengthy absence from being involved in matchday squads will inevitably lead to speculation about his future.

It is remarkable that he is here at all given his major battle with that dreadful illness. His recovery to full fitness following further injury may take longer as a result.

It will be good to see him back when he's ready.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Thompson on 15:58 - Dec 12 with 3694 viewsdingdangblue

Joe Thompson on 15:30 - Dec 12 by SuddenLad

I'm not by any means 'writing him off' but his lengthy absence from being involved in matchday squads will inevitably lead to speculation about his future.

It is remarkable that he is here at all given his major battle with that dreadful illness. His recovery to full fitness following further injury may take longer as a result.

It will be good to see him back when he's ready.

Yes knowing Hill we will know nothing about it and Thompson will start a game out of nowhere.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Joe Thompson on 16:05 - Dec 12 with 3679 viewsJames1980

Joe Thompson on 15:58 - Dec 12 by dingdangblue

Yes knowing Hill we will know nothing about it and Thompson will start a game out of nowhere.

On the bench on Saturday then.

Joe Thompson on 19:03 - Dec 12 with 3437 viewsboromat

I thought he was our best player in preseason

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Joe Thompson on 00:31 - Dec 13 with 3187 viewsJames1980

Joe Thompson on 19:03 - Dec 12 by boromat

I thought he was our best player in preseason

Considering what he went through last season and the fact his goal kept us up, I think there should be a relaxation on the policy on injuries as far as Joey T is concerned. Also he should be in the running for a SPOTY award of some sort. Had he been a Premier League player he would have been.

Joe Thompson on 21:00 - Dec 13 with 2967 viewsJames1980

https://www.thisfootballlife.com/blog/joe-thompson-beating-cancer-twice-and-scor

Listening between the lines it sounds like he might be considering focusing on the motivational speaking

Joe Thompson on 21:24 - Dec 13 with 2938 viewsdingdangblue

YouTube version:

Joe Thompson on 22:35 - Dec 13 with 2877 viewsJames1980

Joe Thompson on 21:24 - Dec 13 by dingdangblue

YouTube version:

Another inspiring interview

Joe Thompson on 14:52 - Dec 19 with 2454 viewsDaleiLama

This strikes me as the type of thing Joe would organise.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024