Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
josh lillis 12:47 - Nov 19 with 5797 viewspaulscho

Any idea what one of our best players of last season has done wrong ?
It appears that KH might give Jack the Kitman a run out the way its going.
I find the situation very odd and in all honesty if i was Josh maybe its time to look at a move.
keeper conceeded 3 on Saturday and i thought his distribution in the game was pretty poor at times.Josh must be wondering whats coming next?

livinginadalewonderland

josh lillis on 13:08 - Nov 19 with 4431 viewsEllDale

It seems to happen to Lillis at some stage every season.
Conrad Logan came back and then there was the loan signing of Pereira.
He always seems to bounce back though.
josh lillis on 13:10 - Nov 19 with 4422 viewskiwidale

How many keepers has Hill signed in the last couple of years? granted some have been signed purely as back up to Lillis but how many of them have replaced Lillis when Lillis has been dropped and how much confidence have you in Hill when it comes to keepers?

This is not the time for bickering.

josh lillis on 13:23 - Nov 19 with 4391 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

josh lillis on 13:10 - Nov 19 by kiwidale

How many keepers has Hill signed in the last couple of years? granted some have been signed purely as back up to Lillis but how many of them have replaced Lillis when Lillis has been dropped and how much confidence have you in Hill when it comes to keepers?

About as much confidence as I have in his defensive coaching ability, considering he was a defender when playing. He should have Mark Monnington as his defence coach.
josh lillis on 13:29 - Nov 19 with 4383 viewsEllDale

Hill has always signed keepers. When Gilks left he signed James Spencer and Sam Russell only to discard both.
Then there was Kenny McArthur and Owain Fon Williams and I'm sure that there are several more that I've overlooked.
josh lillis on 13:49 - Nov 19 with 4343 viewsBarryStrange

Good to know where Flitcroft learned it from.
josh lillis on 13:53 - Nov 19 with 4331 viewsRotherhamDale

I wouldn't blame Josh for seeking a move elsewhere. Hill has shown time and time again that he has no faith in him, even though time after time he's ended up being our number 1.

He's better than Moore and he's a lot better than Norman.

Possession with progression.

josh lillis on 13:58 - Nov 19 with 4325 viewspaulscho

josh lillis on 13:53 - Nov 19 by RotherhamDale

I wouldn't blame Josh for seeking a move elsewhere. Hill has shown time and time again that he has no faith in him, even though time after time he's ended up being our number 1.

He's better than Moore and he's a lot better than Norman.

Exactly thats my point,putting worse than josh behind the back four..its nonsence.

livinginadalewonderland

josh lillis on 14:05 - Nov 19 with 4308 viewsdingdangblue

Lillis has had a few injuries too remember - he's not always been just dropped.
Ones we've had on loan haven't been much to write home about - Jamie Jones and Ben Wilson were disasters and Perreira at the time just wasn't ready.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 14:31]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

josh lillis on 14:34 - Nov 19 with 4266 viewsDale92

Keith Hill keepers with us- Russell, Spencer, Lillis, Arthur, Heaton, Fielding, Button, Peirrera, OFW, Norman, Logan, Taberner, Moore, Edwards (one who was always injured), Collis, Jones, Wilson. Sure theirs someone missing but it's a lot of keepers even in 10 years.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 14:36]

This is the One, I've waited for

josh lillis on 14:38 - Nov 19 with 4249 viewsdingdangblue

josh lillis on 14:34 - Nov 19 by Dale92

Keith Hill keepers with us- Russell, Spencer, Lillis, Arthur, Heaton, Fielding, Button, Peirrera, OFW, Norman, Logan, Taberner, Moore, Edwards (one who was always injured), Collis, Jones, Wilson. Sure theirs someone missing but it's a lot of keepers even in 10 years.

Tommy Lee, Jonny Diba.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 15:36]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

josh lillis on 15:17 - Nov 19 with 4191 viewsToffeemanc

josh lillis on 14:34 - Nov 19 by Dale92

Peter Kurucz too, was fairly decent until assaulted by the scum that is Lee Hughes.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

josh lillis on 15:23 - Nov 19 with 4176 viewsTVOS1907

josh lillis on 15:17 - Nov 19 by Toffeemanc

Peter Kurucz too, was fairly decent until assaulted by the scum that is Lee Hughes.

He played under Beech/Coleman.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

josh lillis on 19:40 - Nov 19 with 3884 viewskiwidale

josh lillis on 15:23 - Nov 19 by TVOS1907

He played under Beech/Coleman.

My question was not how many keepers in total has Hill signed more how many of them have replaced Lillis when Hill has dropped Lillis only to be recalled when the replacement was found wanting.

This is not the time for bickering.

josh lillis on 20:13 - Nov 19 with 3821 views442Dale

josh lillis on 19:40 - Nov 19 by kiwidale

My question was not how many keepers in total has Hill signed more how many of them have replaced Lillis when Hill has dropped Lillis only to be recalled when the replacement was found wanting.

All of them bar Logan's first spell.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

josh lillis on 20:34 - Nov 19 with 3786 viewsDaleFan7

Hill has been trying to usher Lillis out for years and then realises the keepers he has signed have been no better than Lillis and goes back to him. It's the same every season.

We concede goals because our defensive coaching is poor. Not because of Lillis.
josh lillis on 21:02 - Nov 19 with 3742 viewskel

Joshua.
josh lillis on 21:03 - Nov 19 with 3736 viewsrochdaleriddler

josh lillis on 20:34 - Nov 19 by DaleFan7

Hill has been trying to usher Lillis out for years and then realises the keepers he has signed have been no better than Lillis and goes back to him. It's the same every season.

We concede goals because our defensive coaching is poor. Not because of Lillis.

He could have just not given him a new contract if that was the case, if you are shopping for goalies in non league, and getting kids who cannot make their parent clubs reserves, it’s not surprising we keep getting duffers

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

josh lillis on 12:34 - Nov 20 with 3469 viewsTomRAFC

Dropping Lillis for Logan made sense at the time.

Dropping Lillis for Norman does not. I have some sympathy for Norman as he looks out of his depth, which is understandable for a young lad who had only played a handful of non-league games.

Lillis has always had his weak points but his distribution/reaction saves have always been good.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

josh lillis on 12:36 - Nov 20 with 3466 viewsboromat

To be fair this seasons goalkeeping has been pretty atrocious when it comes to shot stopping. No matter who's been in net I feel like the shot to goal ratio is pretty high even when our defending has been pretty good a shot has gone in.

I haven't understood Lillis being dropped in previous seasons but this year none of the keepers have really grabbed the shirt and owned it. I feel like Lillis as been spending all his time on improving his distribution and forgotten about the basics of goalkeeping. Hopefully one of them starts to do the business if not we'll get another loanee in January!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

josh lillis on 13:10 - Nov 20 with 3411 viewsNorthYorksDale

For me the issue with Lillis is crosses into the 6 yard box, he doesn't seem to have real confidence he'll deal with it, and I certainly dont.
You can't have headed goals scored two or three yards from the goal line, they have to be the keepers ball all day long.
Fantastic shot stopper though so I guess you have to way up the plus and negs of each keeper and decide who's the best fit....if Keith thinks our defenders also struggle with crosses maybe that sways it for him.
josh lillis on 19:49 - Nov 20 with 3135 viewsJimmyRustler

Lillis has his limitations (like any keeper at this level) but he's head and shoulders above Norman and Moore and has been treated absolutely disgracefully on more than one occasion by KH. If I was him, I'd be looking to move elsewhere
josh lillis on 20:02 - Nov 20 with 3123 views49thseason

Posted previously but worth repeating:

The goalkeeping situation is interesting, to say the least:
League games:
Lillis has played 9, won 8 points (0.88 pts per game) and kept 2 clean sheets (22%)
Norman has played 4 won 4 points (1.00 Pt PG) and kept 1 clean sheet (25%)
Moore has played 4 won 7 points (1.75 Pt PG) and kept 3 clean sheets (75%)

Goals per game conceded:
Lillis 23 in 9 2.55 per game
Norman 8 in 4 2.00 per game
Moore 3 in 4 0.75 per game

Statistically, Moore has to play.

I have discounted the drawn (0-0) game v Bristol R when Norman was sent off and Lillis was subbed on.
josh lillis on 20:05 - Nov 20 with 3120 viewsJimmyRustler

josh lillis on 20:02 - Nov 20 by 49thseason

League games:
Lillis has played 9, won 8 points (0.88 pts per game) and kept 2 clean sheets (22%)

Goals per game conceded:

I have discounted the drawn (0-0) game v Bristol R when Norman was sent off and Lillis was subbed on.

That's spurious logic at best - there are way too many variables. Lillis is our best keeper plain and simple and it's ludicrous that he's not one of the first names on the teamsheet when fit
josh lillis on 20:10 - Nov 20 with 3102 viewsTVOS1907

josh lillis on 20:02 - Nov 20 by 49thseason

League games:

Goals per game conceded:

Using Moore's handful of games as statistical evidence is shaky at best.

How did the record of the teams Gordon Banks played for compare with those of the other goalkeepers around at the time?

What about Shilton? Clemence? Seaman?

At Dale we had a fantastic goalkeeper in Keith Welch, yet the team nearly got relegated to the Vauxhall Conference.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2018 20:12]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

josh lillis on 20:43 - Nov 20 with 3038 viewsDale92

josh lillis on 13:10 - Nov 20 by NorthYorksDale

For me the issue with Lillis is crosses into the 6 yard box, he doesn't seem to have real confidence he'll deal with it, and I certainly dont.
You can't have headed goals scored two or three yards from the goal line, they have to be the keepers ball all day long.
Fantastic shot stopper though so I guess you have to way up the plus and negs of each keeper and decide who's the best fit....if Keith thinks our defenders also struggle with crosses maybe that sways it for him.

As someone who plays in goal, not at any level of note. I feel the balls played across the 6 yard area are usually the hardest to defend as a goalkeeper. When the balls played to the penalty spot for example, it's much easier to judge, whereas fizzed balls across the 6 yard area the defenders usually drop deeper and the attackers higher. We (Hill) have to remember that we are a league 1 side and not a top one at that, so, why on gods earth are we picking holes in a keeper who's close to record appearance maker, most clean sheets last season. The problem looks like leadership, on and off the pitch. You can bet your life all 3 keeper's are different personalities in terms for a defence and the lack of experience in the back 6 (goalkeeper to DM) is currently about 22. You can see why we leak, goals for fun. Happens at the top level, look at Arsenal for years they've been a pretty team of 22 year olds with no bite or real leadership. I'd go back to the back 3. 3-5-2 away 3-4-3 at home. Lillis baxk in, get Jim in the centre organising again and results will improve defensively, up top we have the players... Christ we've nearly got 30 players. And in their lies the probelm he doesn't know so we don't know are best 11

This is the One, I've waited for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024