Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signing players that have been in prison 23:40 - Nov 22 with 7451 viewsVivaDonaldo

I think we've had debates on here before about whether some fans would be happy if we signed a player with a record like Lee Hughes, Chef Evans (at the time) and Luke McCormick.

Hornets have gone and signed one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/46311051

Will be interesting to see what if any backlash there is from their fans.
Signing players that have been in prison on 00:09 - Nov 23 with 5991 viewsrochdale_ranger

I’m not into rugby but if I was and my team signed someone who had to be tasered by the police SIX times I would be over the moon. He sounds tough as fook. I’m sure if any of the two hundred and odd hornets fans are disgruntled I’m sure they will get over it. In my experience rugby league fans are pretty based it’s not a soft a game as football is it.
Signing players that have been in prison on 02:19 - Nov 23 with 5944 viewsjokerthief

I can assure i have never been to prison...
And I don't want to back again...
Signing players that have been in prison on 06:55 - Nov 23 with 5877 viewsAncoats_Blue

I’ve given opposition players stick of this sort of stuff (Lee Hughes mostly but he is a bellend). I don’t see a reason why an individual who has “done their time” shouldn’t be allowed back into society. If they’ve got a particular skill then why not use it? Prison should be as much about rehabilitation as it is punishment. I’d argue that if folk with convictions can’t get employed then reoffending rates aren’t likely to drop. It all becomes a bit self fulfilling. Once you’re branded a criminal you might as well carry on being one.
Signing players that have been in prison on 07:37 - Nov 23 with 5862 viewskel

*Waits for suddenlad*
Signing players that have been in prison on 07:50 - Nov 23 with 5853 viewsEllDale

Scott Moore has had various issues over the years.
I'm sure that he was more or less shown the door at Huddersfield for various breaches of their code of conduct.
He may be a chastened man after this latest episode and I would personally give him a chance.
On the other hand, what an image for Hornets and what a role model!
Signing players that have been in prison on 09:06 - Nov 23 with 5803 viewsrochdale_ranger

Signing players that have been in prison on 07:50 - Nov 23 by EllDale

Scott Moore has had various issues over the years.
I'm sure that he was more or less shown the door at Huddersfield for various breaches of their code of conduct.
He may be a chastened man after this latest episode and I would personally give him a chance.
On the other hand, what an image for Hornets and what a role model!

Do we look to sportsmen for a moral compass? I certainly don’t.
Signing players that have been in prison on 09:10 - Nov 23 with 5797 viewsJimmyRustler

I remember when we were close to signing an ex hooker but that one legged bint disappeared off Milkstone Road shortly before the paperwork was completed
Signing players that have been in prison on 11:16 - Nov 23 with 5669 viewsDaleiLama

Chef Evans doing time? (only joking Viva - I know it was a typo - just a funny one)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Signing players that have been in prison on 12:45 - Nov 23 with 5580 viewsrochdale_ranger

Signing players that have been in prison on 09:10 - Nov 23 by JimmyRustler

I remember when we were close to signing an ex hooker but that one legged bint disappeared off Milkstone Road shortly before the paperwork was completed

Your bringing memories back there mate.
Signing players that have been in prison on 13:19 - Nov 23 with 5533 viewsJimmyRustler

Signing players that have been in prison on 12:45 - Nov 23 by rochdale_ranger

I'd ask you to elaborate but I'm not sure I want to know!
Signing players that have been in prison on 15:44 - Nov 23 with 5375 viewsrochdaleriddler

Signing players that have been in prison on 12:45 - Nov 23 by rochdale_ranger

DId that ‘turn you’?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Signing players that have been in prison on 15:47 - Nov 23 with 5366 viewsrochdaleriddler

Signing players that have been in prison on 00:09 - Nov 23 by rochdale_ranger

I’m not into rugby but if I was and my team signed someone who had to be tasered by the police SIX times I would be over the moon. He sounds tough as fook. I’m sure if any of the two hundred and odd hornets fans are disgruntled I’m sure they will get over it. In my experience rugby league fans are pretty based it’s not a soft a game as football is it.

He sounds like a complete knob to be honest, driving at 150 , attacking police. I’ll bet he gets the boot before season end for some issue or another. Btw all rugby league players are tough

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Signing players that have been in prison on 16:57 - Nov 23 with 5288 viewsColDale

The signing of Scott Moore is perhaps more akin to a signing of Nile Ranger rather than those associated with one off issues. There's always a chance that spending time at Her Majesty's will have been the kick up the backside that he needed, but his track record over a period of time suggests that he'll let you down. Managers have queued up to give the likes of Ranger a chance, working on the basis that if it comes off, they are getting a top class player, and Moore would be nowhere near Hornets had it not been for his baggage. The old fashioned amateur mentality that still exists in some quarters in RL makes the likes of Moore more prevalent. You only have to look at the likes of Hardaker who blew it all on the eve of a grand final and almost blew it before his (latest) second chance had even started.
Signing players that have been in prison on 17:16 - Nov 23 with 5260 viewsD_Alien

Signing players that have been in prison on 09:06 - Nov 23 by rochdale_ranger

Do we look to sportsmen for a moral compass? I certainly don’t.

Have to agree with that. To suggest that people who can do useful things with a football should be held up as role models is total nonsense

"Yes, but my kids look up to them..."

Erm, no, what people mean by that is THEY look up to them, and their kids are following suit

On the question of returning to gainful employment following a spell in prison, only an idiot would suggest otherwise, and if chucking a rugby ball about and crashing into people is part of your skill set, why not?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Signing players that have been in prison on 17:48 - Nov 23 with 5225 viewsJames1980

As a society are we too quick to condemn those that have strayed off the path of socially constructed morality?
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 9:30]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Signing players that have been in prison on 09:25 - Nov 24 with 4967 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bad boy xi

1. Andy Gorton
2. Gary Croft
3. Mark Dennis
4. Tony Adams
5. Lee Bowyer
6. Ronnie Mauge
7. Mark Ward
8. Andy Payton
9. Frank Mcvenie
10. Adam Johnson
11. Lee Hughes

Make that 12 - Joey Barton
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 9:27]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Signing players that have been in prison on 09:30 - Nov 24 with 4952 views442Dale

Signing players that have been in prison on 09:25 - Nov 24 by BigDaveMyCock

Bad boy xi

1. Andy Gorton
2. Gary Croft
3. Mark Dennis
4. Tony Adams
5. Lee Bowyer
6. Ronnie Mauge
7. Mark Ward
8. Andy Payton
9. Frank Mcvenie
10. Adam Johnson
11. Lee Hughes

Make that 12 - Joey Barton
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 9:27]

Being particular with numbers, some easy changes there to ensure people have the right shirts:

Swap Adams and Mauge, Payton and McAvennie, Johnson and Hughes.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Signing players that have been in prison on 09:35 - Nov 24 with 4947 viewsmingthemerciless

You could add two England Internationals to that list - Peter Swan and Tony Kay.
Signing players that have been in prison on 09:42 - Nov 24 with 4931 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Signing players that have been in prison on 09:30 - Nov 24 by 442Dale

Being particular with numbers, some easy changes there to ensure people have the right shirts:

Swap Adams and Mauge, Payton and McAvennie, Johnson and Hughes.

Have you visited the recently opened kit shop in Barton Arcade on Deansgate? Might have a look today. A friend went and told me that an original 1990 sky blue England top (as wore oh so coolly by Bernard Sumner) was priced at £800!!

It’s supposed to be very good, huge selection.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 9:44]

Signing players that have been in prison on 09:45 - Nov 24 with 4918 views442Dale

Signing players that have been in prison on 09:42 - Nov 24 by BigDaveMyCock

Have you visited the recently opened kit shop in Barton Arcade on Deansgate? Might have a look today. A friend went and told me that an original 1990 sky blue England top (as wore oh so coolly by Bernard Sumner) was priced at £800!!

It’s supposed to be very good, huge selection.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 9:44]

Have heard about it, let me know what it’s like as I may be in Manchester tomorrow and could pay a visit if it’s worth it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Signing players that have been in prison on 10:02 - Nov 24 with 4901 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Signing players that have been in prison on 09:45 - Nov 24 by 442Dale

Have heard about it, let me know what it’s like as I may be in Manchester tomorrow and could pay a visit if it’s worth it.

Will do.

Signing players that have been in prison on 18:57 - Nov 24 with 4747 viewsrochdaleriddler

Signing players that have been in prison on 17:16 - Nov 23 by D_Alien

Have to agree with that. To suggest that people who can do useful things with a football should be held up as role models is total nonsense

"Yes, but my kids look up to them..."

Erm, no, what people mean by that is THEY look up to them, and their kids are following suit

On the question of returning to gainful employment following a spell in prison, only an idiot would suggest otherwise, and if chucking a rugby ball about and crashing into people is part of your skill set, why not?

Ive heard Beverly Allitt is returning to nursing when she is released

Signing players that have been in prison on 19:11 - Nov 24 with 4716 viewsD_Alien

Signing players that have been in prison on 18:57 - Nov 24 by rochdaleriddler

Ive heard Beverly Allitt is returning to nursing when she is released

Excellent news, she'd be ideal for when you require home care, just have to sneak her past the offenders register

Signing players that have been in prison on 19:49 - Nov 24 with 4678 viewsrochdaleriddler

Signing players that have been in prison on 19:11 - Nov 24 by D_Alien

Excellent news, she'd be ideal for when you require home care, just have to sneak her past the offenders register

IS paediatric nursing the same as geriatric ?

Signing players that have been in prison on 19:57 - Nov 24 with 4655 viewsD_Alien

Signing players that have been in prison on 19:49 - Nov 24 by rochdaleriddler

IS paediatric nursing the same as geriatric ?

In your case, who knows

But seriously, are you really trying to base a counter-argument around such an exceptional case? You know very well that my point was about less heinous offenders. Give it a rest
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 19:58]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024